Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,291 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage (17291 Views)

Why You Should Test-Drive Your Partner Before Marriage / Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage / It's Seems Everybody Have Sexaul Relatnshp With Their Partner Before Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
We always hear how we should discuss certain important things with our partners before marriage that should be answered as non-bullshitty as possible.
What are some of these things?

One that comes to mind is to ask her:
"Would you be comfortable if along life you earned more than me? What would be your long-term reaction?"

Feel free to contribute.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by claremont(m): 7:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
1. Can she stay by herself alone if the exigencies of work take me away from her for 6 months in a year?

2. Is she willing to have an open relationship with a 'no questions asked' policy?

3. Is she willing to sign a pre-nuptial agreement prior to marriage?

Guy, many questions dey ground abeg! grin

2 Likes

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 13, 2013
Money, career, settling location, views on raising children....

5 Likes

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by Mynd44: 1:44am On Feb 13, 2013
**following**
At least it is a change from the Val madness

8 Likes

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by Moyola(f): 1:55am On Feb 13, 2013
u snore?
u bedwet?
u drool in ur sleep n wake up wiv 'lala'?
icook today, ucook tomorrow yea or nay?
isweep today, usweep tomorrow?
when itake maternity leave, need iremind u to take paternity?
. . . listz endless! tongue

16 Likes

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by KateSpade(f): 2:03am On Feb 13, 2013
career plans and goals
how they want to raise their children
willing to re-locate
prenuptial agreements [if any]
finances

I feel like if u are in any relationship for a long period of time u will know most of these [not by force].
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by True2myself24(f): 2:18am On Feb 13, 2013
Are you stil gonna wash the dishes when we get married? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by Exponental(m): 5:30am On Feb 13, 2013
When there is true love........every other things are not necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 13, 2013
Exponental: When there is true love........every other things are not necessary.

Abeg park well! Preferably to the left. angry
That's the sort of thinking that drives divorce rates through the roof.
Realistic planning is neccessary for anything to work. It's true for businesses, joint ventures, and just as true for marriage.

11 Likes

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 13, 2013
2 kids 2 c sections, si or no? No second generation cousins or relatives allowed to sleep over in my house or hang around my kids especially those in Nigeria, I must run a background check on all her friends especially those that are divorced and most importantly A prenuptial agreement, she most workout at least 2-4 days a week cuz weighing up to 140Ibs could result lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by yuzedo: 10:07am On Feb 13, 2013
Can you make Punny-pie for me every sunday?? undecided
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by Doncolio(m): 10:15am On Feb 13, 2013
What will he/she not be able to stand or accommodate in marriage.
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by pboiskinpy(m): 10:23am On Feb 13, 2013
1-Will you still wash my underss
2-Will u love n respect my family
3-will u nag wen my salary no enter as planned
4-will you asst(financially)wen am down(broke)

#guy questions de to ask,and she might respond YES YES YES to all but later change to sumtin else oo...na GOD we de en hand oo...

#jux passing...
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by jeron1(m): 10:24am On Feb 13, 2013
How will u treat ma family and ma kids?
How will u feel if i pregant a lady outside and u her abt it?
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by Muriwest(m): 10:24am On Feb 13, 2013
Hmmm, am rili learnin lots of stuffs here o
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 13, 2013
Moyola: u snore?
u bedwet?

cheesy
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by W3xy1(m): 10:27am On Feb 13, 2013
Muriwest: Hmmm, am rili learnin lots of stuffs here o
lol
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by mysticgal(f): 10:31am On Feb 13, 2013
is he ready to wait,cos i will have kids in the next five years not now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by repogirl(f): 10:36am On Feb 13, 2013
Exponental: When there is true love........every other things are not necessary.
True Love! I laugheth in French. Love dey evaporate, if you nor kno abeg kno now now now. Love comes as a result of what u see in someone, a persons characteristics but if those characteristics change, then d love sef go change. Better to watch closely, ask questions and pray the answers are genuine and honest and d person isnt just saying what he wants u to hear.
For me my questions are:
Are you God fearing? Even if you are not an ardent church goer, You sha believe and fear God?
How many Kids?
Will you be polygamous?
Can I meet your family and see how I'm accepted and vise versa
Any previous marriages or kids?
Why do u want to marry me? Why me of all other people?
What are your values?
How do u feel about relatives spending visiting your house?
Genotype?
Any illnesses? diabetes, heart issues?
Lots more, cant remember now.

14 Likes

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by kenkruse: 10:39am On Feb 13, 2013
will she love me equally when the financial tap cease flowing undecided
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by snthesis(m): 10:40am On Feb 13, 2013
are u a witch? grin grin grin grin
of all the millions of fine, set, hot girls out there, y am i sticking with u? did u put me under a spell to propose to you? grin

1 Like

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by aigjoey(m): 10:41am On Feb 13, 2013
y paying heavily for browsing data wen u can gt up to 5gb
with expiring date put at 2014 for free buy using ur Airtel
sim. Its what i am using nw, its so real and simple to
activate. Intrested browsers should call 07083731078 or 07033997272. If u
ar nt convince dont call
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by emandman: 10:41am On Feb 13, 2013
Moyola: u snore?
u bedwet?
hahahaha....u sweep today,u go swp am tomorow again o
u cook today,i cook scrap 4u 2moro.we chop am 2geda na luv...
U take maternity leave,i take paternity leave,d child go die of hunger naa!

4 Likes

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by snthesis(m): 10:42am On Feb 13, 2013
hv u had any abortion? if yes how many?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by tchaik(m): 10:42am On Feb 13, 2013
REALITY101: 2 kids 2 c sections, si or no? No second generation cousins or relatives allowed to sleep over in my house or hang around my kids especially those in Nigeria, I must run a background check on all her friends especially those that are divorced and most importantly A prenuptial agreement, she most workout at least 2-4 days a week cuz weighing up to 140Ibs could result lipsrsealed

It is Marriage yo, and not Recruitment!

3 Likes

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by romzey(m): 10:43am On Feb 13, 2013
pboiskinpy: 1-Will you still wash my underss
2-Will u love n respect my family
3-will u nag wen my salary no enter as planned
4-will you asst(financially)wen am down(broke)

#guy questions de to ask,and she might respond YES YES YES to all but later change to sumtin else oo...na GOD we de en hand oo...

#jux passing...
After u don partake for d ceremony finish, chop and clean mouth naim u declear say u dey pass bah?
God is watching u oh! wink grin

1 Like

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by snthesis(m): 10:43am On Feb 13, 2013
would u be willing to sacrifice time out to take care of the kids?, will u put d kids before ur career?
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by emandman: 10:44am On Feb 13, 2013
snthesis: are u a witch?
i swear not a bad question..!
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by emandman: 10:45am On Feb 13, 2013
snthesis: hv u had any abortion? if yes how many?
make sure u won't believe her answer sha..
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 13, 2013
Not all are destined for marriage! Some ll divorce 3 times. It ll then be realized that things change: people change!
Meaning; different strokes for different people.

2 Likes

Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by snthesis(m): 10:48am On Feb 13, 2013
e mandman:
make sure u won't believe her answer sha..
it depends on hw u twist her, walahi, i have heard several confessions
Re: Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage by 2goodbobo(m): 10:48am On Feb 13, 2013
-How many kids to have

-which church to attend

-relocation

-will she stand by me when in difficult times

.Can she be faithful

The list goes on and on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Men Want Skinny Women? / #Support All Breasts , South African Lady Posts Her Breast pics On Twitter / How To Convince A Lady Already In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.