Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' - TV/Movies (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' (337486 Views)

Cuando Seas Mia / The Whole Story. 'Cuandos Seas Mia" Summaries: Hope You All Would Enjoy It / Cuando Seas Mia (when U Are Mine) Now Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by nikinash(f): 8:33am On Aug 23, 2006
i think it is way past high time that we all realised taht nigeria has become a dumping ground for all these south american and african soaps, and we should all discourage it. are we saying that nairalanders for example are unable to come up with intelligient soaps that can rival those things?

We should lal stop watching these things and giving credence to them.
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Dojo(m): 9:07am On Aug 23, 2006
Thanks for your comment. But as the saying goes, one man's meat, is another man's poison.
I don't think those watching the soaps are complaining. But thanks for drawing our attention to it.
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by nikinash(f): 10:09am On Aug 23, 2006
what does it have to do with whether they are complaining or not lets change nigeria for the better instead of just talking about it! this is what it is about. do you know how many would be thieves would be off the streets if they were otherwise gainfully employed. plus why the heck do we continue polluting ouir culture?
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by babonboard(f): 10:53am On Aug 23, 2006
thanks for bringing our attention to it but i will advise u post it else where and not here, angry angry angry :-also see if u can help bring the thieves off the streets lipsrsealed
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Dojo(m): 11:35am On Aug 23, 2006
@Babonboard
Sis, please don't be offended with her, she's just posting her view on the wrong thread. How you dey?
Check ur yahoo box
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by miracleo: 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2006
dojo pls have u seen lorenzo's wife.pls do u know the site where i can read d updates
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Dojo(m): 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2006
@Miracleo
I'm actually still looking for a site dedicated to 'La mujer de Lorenzo' but below is the overview. Hope I've been of help to you.

Laurita and Lorenzo have what everyone considers “the perfect marriage.” He’s handsome, refined, educated, rich—and he adores his wife. She’s beautiful, elegant, a true society lady: the ideal mate for a man like him. However, since not all that glitters is gold, there’s something wrong with this couple. Laurita is bored with her marriage… and this simple fact sparks off a series of events that no one will be able to control.
It all begins with the appearance of Alex, a young and frivolous opportunist whose principal occupation is seducing rich women—by using his job as a “personal trainer” to get close to them. When Laurita meets Alex, she feels an overwhelming physical attraction. As she continues to see him at the gym she attends, they become friends and, eventually, passionate lovers. Convinced that she is in love with Alex, Laurita makes the difficult decision to leave Lorenzo. But when she speaks to her attorney, he reminds her that the prenuptial agreement she signed will leave her penniless if she files for divorce.
Crazy about Alex, but not willing to give up all the luxuries she is accustomed to, Laurita decides to find another solution. The plan is to have Lorenzo be the one to ask for the divorce and voluntarily give her half of his assets. How will she accomplish this? By making sure that he falls in love with another woman.
The perfect candidate is Silvia, Lorenzo’s new assistant, a pretty, simple and sweet young woman. In cohorts with her best friend, fashion designer Giacomo Bonicelli, Laurita approaches Silvia, offering her an “innocent” friendship, and gradually molds her into the kind of woman Lorenzo would be drawn to. Little by little, Lorenzo and Silvia begin to feel strongly attracted to each other—but things are not as easy as Laurita expected, as Silvia is already in love with Alex, her boyfriend of several years.
Laurita’s scheme becomes even more complicated with the arrival of Isabela, Lorenzo’s former fiancee, who returns from abroad intending to take over Lorenzo’s company. Isabela is bitter because Laurita stole her man, and now she wants to get back at both of them. On the road to revenge, Isabela becomes Alex’s lover, causing a lot of headaches for Laurita.
In time, Silvia and Lorenzo acknowledge that a deep, true love has flourished between them, and Lorenzo finally decides to ask Laurita for a divorce. But now that everything is turning out the way she planned, Laurita realizes what she is about to lose, so she changes her mind… and launches into a fierce war to recover Lorenzo. In the end, who will be Lorenzo’s woman? Which one will be victorious?
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by nikinash(f): 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2006
babonboard:

thanks for bringing our attention to it but i will advise u post it else where and not here, angry angry angry :-also see if u can help bring the thieves off the streets lipsrsealed
typical of a nigerian!!
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Dojo(m): 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2006
@nikinash
Thanks and we Nigerians are proud to be Nigerians.
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Jalal(m): 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2006
Is Lorenzo's wife taking over this thread? I thought it had its own thread
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by ioday(f): 10:30am On Aug 24, 2006
Hello People

You can now re-watch CSM on LTV from 2:30pm - 3:30pm Monday to Friday
Speaking of which the time is not abidabe by me because at that time some of us has to be work. I dont know how reason and get the idea of showing the soap at such a bad time. undecided angry angry angry
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by babonboard(f): 10:54am On Aug 24, 2006
[color=#006600][/color] cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
@niknash
proudly Nigerian and nothing can be done about it
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by spikelord(m): 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2006
La Mujer de Lorenzo is nothing to be compared to The GARDENER'S DAUGHTER don't you think?
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Jalal(m): 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2006
@ioday really angry angry Too bad we no get LTv for here o, lagos pple una lucky o!!
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by kamsi(f): 1:26am On Aug 25, 2006
hello every one why is AIT not airing CSM
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by miracleo: 9:48am On Aug 25, 2006
smileythank you dojo, u've tried i which i could till get the site.i apprerciate it all the same.
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by ioday(f): 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2006
@Kamsi Where are you stay? An island or outer Space. Since when has AIT pack CSM up? grin

@ Jalal For most of us living in Lagos I can tell you that we dont get to watch the soap, first, the timing is bad and secondly, almighty PHCN (if you get to sneak out from the office)

@ Dojo Whats up G? got scared grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Raheemah(f): 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2006
@nikinash

I agree with you. Trust Nigerian business men, they are gradually turning Nigeria into a dumping ground for North American soaps. I mean I can count five presently being shown in Lagos alone. Unfortunately, Nigerians are at their mercies as there is no strong Nigerian soap that can compete favourably with them.

So people should try to restrain themselves and not get hooked unnecessarily so they wont get nervous breakdown when they stop showing them or decide to end any of them anyhow like they did When You Are Mine
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by amodu(m): 5:15pm On Aug 25, 2006
THE GARDNERS DAUGHTER HAS STARTED BUT I DONT SEE A THREAD FOR IT.
BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT OF QUESTION TO ASK
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by nikinash(f): 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2006
babonboard:

[color=#006600][/color] cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
@niknash
proudly Nigerian and nothing can be done about it

you are most definitely not!

raheemah you know what angers me amongst other things is the fact that tv stations demand a hand and a leg from independent producers to air their programmes whilst they would pay a head and a tail to get those stoopid south american soaps. its just plain ridiculous. there's no way the local industry would grow thereby.
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Enkrate(m): 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2006
na wa, so i aint the only one, i didnt get to see the way the verdict got turned in favour of diego, i was watching cable!chei!, anyway LET ALL THE FABIANS OF NIGERIA LEARN, THE BABANGIDAS AND OTHE PAST NUISANCE WE HAVE,
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by amodu(m): 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2006
can someone answer me please
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Jalal(m): 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2006
@Amodu well i guess that the Entertainment section of the forum has exceeded its quota and there cant be any new topic posts, maybe Seun should shed more light for us

I have also watched the last 2 eps of The Gardeners daughter, its quite interesting the garderners daughter does look a bit like Paloma but its not her.
As for the voice overs i have identified about five familiars ones so far, Paloma's voice of course, Diego's, Berenice, Bernardo and Aurelio who stars and has his own voice i think
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Jalal(m): 1:19pm On Aug 26, 2006
Heres the summary of the soap

Summary of La hija del jardinero

Amelia Elcantara is in love with Luis Alexandro Montero whom she studies with in university. Her sister Consuela also loves him. When Amelia gets pregnant by him, Luis Alexandro dumps her & his unborn child to marry Marisa, a rich widow with one child, Carlos Eduardo. Consuela is extremely jealous of Amelia who is baring Luis Alexandro's (the man she loves)child, & makes sure their father, Fernando Elcantara (very conservative & strict)overhears that she's pregnant. Pedro, the gardener at the Elcantara residence is in love with Amelia, so when her father throws her & Pedro out of the house (thinking it's his child), Pedro just pretends it's his baby & leaves with Amelia. Amelia hates her life with Pedro. They are poor & she is miserable with him, but he loves her & raises their daughter, Luisa Fernanda, as if she were his own (& she has no idea she isn't his). One day Luisa Fernanda & her best friend Vanessa (actually unknowingly her step cousin, as she is Consuela's step daughter) are out in the city when Luisa F. gets hit by a car. Little does she know the man who hits her is actually her biological father, Luis Alexandro. Vanessa convinces her to fake injury & sue Luis Alexandro so she can use the money to go on their senior class trip. She does & of course Luis A. hates her for it. He hates even more that his step son, Carlos Eduardo, the doctor who checks her at the hospital (& who has always hated Luis A because he was only after his mom's money), writes up a false medical report confirming her non-existent injuries,

At some point, she wins the law suit & her mother realizes it's against Luis A, whom she still loves. Carlos Eduardo is dating snobby model Jennifer de la Vega at the time, but falls in love w/ L.F. & he ends up kind of two-timing on the both of them, but really only loves L.F. Then Jennifer lies & says she's pregnant to win him back (which he later discovers) & his relationship w/ L.F. falls apart, though later they get back together. In the meantime, Fernando Elcantara gets sick with Alzheimer's & decides it's time for him to look for his daughter Amelia. Strangely enough he hires Luis A as his lawyer to find her, but Consuela does everything to prevent her from coming back into the family. Finally, Amelia hears her dad forgave her & decides she & LF will leave Pedro & move back there. BUT, on the way there, while the whole family is anxiously awaiting their reunion, Amelia is killed in a car accident & L.F. is injured. Pedro goes crazy & is put in an institution & L.F. is forced to leave university in order to work to pay for his medical bills. She ends up getting offered a job taking care of her grandfather (whom she doesn't know is her gf), Fernando Elcantara. They get along great, but Consuela doesn't want him to find out he's her granddaughter because he wants to give his inheritance to his granddaughter & Consuela & her husband Eriberto (Vanessa's father)want it all for themselves. Vanessa is in love with Carlos Eduardo & is hurt when she finds out after the fact that he & LF were a couple. Consuela convinces her to get revenge by accusing L.F. of stealing from them. L.F. is put in jail. In the meantime Carlos Eduardo's mother, Marisa is diagnosed with muscular dystrophy. Carlos Eduardo is busy taking care of her & has no idea L.F. is in jail. Luis A who had been cheating on Marisa with younger Andreina, Marisa's secretary. Marisa files for divorce when she discovers this, but he uses her new medical condition as a way to get back into her life & "support" her or actually wait for her to die so he can get all of her money. At the same time he wants to find his daughter (L.F.) so he can lay claim on his inheritance through Fernando Elcantara as well. Then as other side plots there's this guy Leopoldo once Luis Alexandro's friend & colleague who's in love w/ Andreina & wants her to leave Luis A for him. So then Luis A tries to ruin his career by falsely blaming him for taking a bribe or smthg. Another side story: Senor Ordonias who works for Marisa is onto Luis A & knows smthg fishy is going on with him & Amelia's daughter, etc. Another side plot: Cesare, son of Lupe, friend of Amelia & works for Marisa, marries Marisa's maid- forget her name. They live at Marisa's together & are friends with L.F. Now I missed some episodes, but apparently LF gets pregnant from Carlos Eduardo, but they break up while he's in the US treating his mother or smthg & she doesn't tell him. Then 2 years pass & she's with her new boyfriend, Alfredo, who was Pedro's psychiatrist. Pedro then adopts this kid Salvador & that's all I know now. Please people, correct me if I'm wrong & fill in the blanks. I'm dying to know what happened that made LF & Carlos Eduardo break up after they had gotten back together.
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Jalal(m): 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2006
Well i created a thread for it in my forum, hope to see u guys there, anything interesting i will post it there
ie the cast, episodes etc

http://users.boardnation.com/~jalalsforum/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=83
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by amodu(m): 1:52pm On Aug 26, 2006
Nice one Jalal. i have tried to create a thread for it but i cant because i dont understand the soap so i need to ask some question.

Thanks.
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Jalal(m): 7:17pm On Aug 26, 2006
@Amodu ur welcome, its quite complicated so i hope that i can answer ur questions.
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Mildred(f): 9:30am On Aug 28, 2006
Hey forumites,

Is the soap THE GARDENER'S DAUGHTER on air now? Plz, i need to know the days and time
Luv u all
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Seun(m): 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2006
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by eloquent(m): 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2006
i think they portrayed stronger love than romeo and juliet or what do u think?i wish say my love 4 my girl and her love 4 me go strong reach am oh
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by Jalal(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2006
If any one has recorded the last episode of WUAM pls let me knw i need to see it badly 0 grin grin grin grin
Re: Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' by kamsi(f): 12:28am On Aug 30, 2006
Okay I missed the final episode cry. Incase someone has the final episode please can you contact me. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (Reply)

ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years / Post All TV/Movie Audition Notices Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.