Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Why We Are Giving More Polling Units To The North- Jega - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Are Giving More Polling Units To The North- Jega (1964 Views)

Amaechi And Dakuku Peter Side Both Lost Their Polling Units To PDP / Tinubu And Atiku At Their Polling Units (photos) / Irregularities at Imo polling units,military arrest Information Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Are Giving More Polling Units To The North- Jega by lordsilver: 8:57am On Sep 11, 2014
Rawani: Instead of blowing hot air, aggrieved parties should suggest a better formula for distribution of PU's that will avoid the problems of over-crowding, without the usual emotion-laden verbal diatribe. It seems the hope of BH decimating the North's population has horribly disappointed their sponsors. Thank God our soldiers are reclaiming lost territory and sending the bloody jihadists to their brothel in the sky.

Yes, the best way is to start fresh registration exercise! We knw that it will cost us money and time but the truth must surely come out. I'm very certain that North East as a whole will not have up to 30,000 voters, "IF" registration will take place
Re: Why We Are Giving More Polling Units To The North- Jega by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 11, 2014
The issue is currently being discussed on Hot FM Abuja.

Wetin dey pain me be say Jonathan siddon there dey look and allow JEGA to do as e like. INEC is not 100% independent and we all know that.

I don't support this sh1t. So they want to tell us Population of Imo is so low that they only deserve 42 PU.

After Lagos, Anambra State is the most densely populated in Nigeria. So what are we talking about?

It's all bullshittt

The difference is just too much. They say North is more populated(that is even disputable), so the population of North and the registered voters made North to get 21,000 WHILE South only got 8,000 because South has low population and low registered voters?

This is NANSENSE. The figure is bogus. It is unacceptable.

Just Imagine North Got 21,000 WHILE South Got 8,000. HABA NAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

IT'S BULLSHITT.

NANSENSE.

Re: Why We Are Giving More Polling Units To The North- Jega by titoetal(m): 9:34am On Sep 11, 2014
During the last distribution/continuous registration of voters in Anambra state, I collected my card. However, there are over 400 persons including my family member who wants to register afresh due to none availability of their card and freshers but were denied because INEC officials did not show at this centre for the whole period after.
These eligible voters organised themselves by writing names in exercise book while waiting for registration officials who never showed.

Automatically, these eligible voters have been denied the right to vote in the coming election and equally reducing the voting population of this zone. This is the style that INEC used in reducing voting population of some targetted areas.

I believe Jega have to do something on this to maintain his good record which am confident of. Other factors outside his knowledge may be responsible for this.
Re: Why We Are Giving More Polling Units To The North- Jega by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 11, 2014
I do not expect INEC to allocate additional PUs to areas that has less than 500 voters. Most Southerners residing up North register over there. So you want to eat your cake and still have it? In addition to that, there's widespread case of under-aged voters registration in the North resulting in inflation of Voters population.
I was in my hometown during the last CVR, and someone was saying my Nephew, who is 20, is under-aged and I asked him why he felt so but couldn't respond. In the North, children as young as 9 are encouraged to register(may not be in the open) because politicians use voters population as bargaining chips. They'd make the INEC officials register as many people as possible. In fact, the actual amount of the voters population in the North-West and North-East should be around a halve of the current figure.
If you doubt it, just take a look at voters register in any centre in these regions if you have access to it. The faces you will see in the register will tell you the truth.
Politicians in the North are smarter. They're good players.
The "Town Criers" should start learning instead of complaining.

(1) (2) (Reply)

TAN MEGA RALLY GRAND FINALE , On 18th Of October 2014. / Listverse Questions A Post On Nairaland / Amaechi To Lawyers: You Escaped Beating From Thugs Because I Was Out Of Town Whe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.