Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,751 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:20 AM

Violence: Again The Double Standards - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence: Again The Double Standards (19209 Views)

Women And Their Double Standards. / The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) / House Please Your Thoughts: How Can A Lady Lower Her Standards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by dare2think: 8:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
Judging from the Video The Man was the Aggressor.

The lady was going her way and was spat at. The video also shows the guy waiting for her.

Ray rice was the one looking for trouble. Seems he got more than that.

The woman in this case is the innocent one. She was spat at and knocked out.

They both seem to be intoxicated.

4 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by zeb04(f): 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
elipheleh:

I have noticed your stupidity so much on this thread.
Guys beware of this kid.

Your type are ones I love raping at any slight opportunity
okay.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by armyofone(m): 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Stillfire:

So the King Cobra was bloody Ray Rice? Diva 'Masculinists' have been spinning the story since it broke and for a while there they got me.
Watching this clip again affirms strongly that Ray Rice WAS the AGGRESSOR as Janay tried to fend off his deadly spitting attack.
At 0.08 the satanic cobra attacks, and Janay brushes it aside. He gets on the elevator and DOES it again. This time around she tries to defend herself and gets punched in the face and hits her head on the bar and collapses.

Yeah he was but some don't want to agree with that. It is a man's world and the woman was at fault. She is singing the blues now while people are fighting for her. I am sure the guy is coaching her on what to say.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Graviton2(m): 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
I just don't give a shit. If you are crazy enough to hit me first, then I will oblige in kind and hit you even harder (gender regardless).

Weaker gender indeed! A friend of mine said "hi" to a girl and she gave him the slap of his life, I felt sorry for him and advised him to meet her again — Imagine! The girl tried to do it again, this time my guy gave her an ECOWAS slap (the kind that makes you hear African leaders deliberating). I was happy about it, although we had to lay low for a while because the girl's elder brother was on the lookout for us and the guy muscle no be here! Bouncer material! shocked
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by logica(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
BluIvy:

Well we never asked for equality in the areas of physical strength hence our sports are still separated.
Oh, don't they call that, "eating your cake and having it"?

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by adrainuche(m): 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jayne2014: We women want equal rights but can't take equal lefts. She shouldn't have hit him first.
After viewing your profile i just want to ask all things your carrying do you have valid lincense for all of them ...
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by preselect(m): 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
kobikwelu:

Don't hit anybody. How hard is that Don't hit....

my brother you wont believe how difficult this is today. this world we are living in is becoming more and more scary. over 60-70% of human beings will NOT accept that a woman is not supposed to hit a man. compare to 90-100% who agree that men should not hit women. we worry everyday about the likes of boko haram and isis, meanwhile right inside our homes, people are made to believe that women can hit men at random. so men will now live with the knowledge that they are at the mercy of their gf/wife's slightest physical whim.

some people just believe they have the right to hit people.
domestic domination.

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
preselect:

my brother you wont believe how difficult this is today. this world we are living in is becoming more and more scary. over 60-70% of human beings will NOT accept that a woman is not supposed to hit a man. compare to 90-100% who agree that men should not hit women. we worry everyday about the likes of boko haram and isis, meanwhile right inside our homes, people are made to believe that women can hit men at random. so men will now live with the knowledge that they are at the mercy of their gf/wife's slightest physical whim.

some people just believe they have the right to hit people.
domestic domination.

there is a youtube video illustrating your point. Wish I could find it.

A girl was yelling at her boyfriend; hitting him, slapping him etc. Women gathered around to laugh at the man and record the "funny scence" on their phones.

Minutes later, the boyfriend started yelling back at the girl; he didn't even hit her o; just yelling. You should see the way the same women laughing earlier bombarded the guy and threatened to call the cops. They even told the girl to leave the relationship.

Gender equality my yansh.

4 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Jayne2014(f): 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
adrainuche: After viewing your profile i just want to ask all things your carrying do you have valid lincense for all of them ...
Ajuju!
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Obinoscopy(m): 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Aisha2, I love your objectivity, logical and intellectual display. How I wish every female folk gets to read this thread.

However, I pray this post of yours don't influence our fellow guys to resort to tit-for-tat when they find themselves in that situation. This is because the ultimate result could be disastrous.

The guys were designed to be stronger physically. A guy's slap has twice as much impact when compared with a female's slap. Thus it would be unfair for a guy to slap back.

Let me use an example: If a little boy hits a soldier with his wooden stick, do you expect the soldier to return the favour with his steel sword? No.

So guys should learn to resist the urge to hit a lady when she hits him. However if a lady carries a weapon with the intent of harming a guy, then he's permitted to act and anything wey she see make she take am like that grin.

And for the ladies, please let's not tempt our guys. Abuse him, criticise him, correct him, curse him if you like but please don't hit him. It takes more than gentility for a guy who's slapped not to want to strike back.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by chic2pimp(m): 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Anyone who knows me know I am a big Ray Rice fan but I insist He should have known better than hit Her.
There are other methods He could and really should have used to restrain Her. Retorting to violence should have been the last of those available options. Even more so a public persona whose actions are likely to get double and triple scrutinized.

Much like Michael Vick, this single act of violence has pretty much ruined a hall of fame career. Such a waste!
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by EmmyDe25(m): 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
Dude Ray Rice is a wolf! Hes such a bad example to every boy out there who might wanna model after him. As a matter of fact, hes not supposed to live in the midst of sane beings.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
BABE3:

there is a youtube video illustrating your point. Wish I could find it.

A girl was yelling at her boyfriend; hitting him, slapping him etc. Women gathered around to laugh at the man and record the "funny scence" on their phones.

Minutes later, the boyfriend started yelling back at the girl; he didn't even hit her o; just yelling. You should see the way the same women laughing earlier bombarded the guy and threatened to call the cops. They even told the girl to leave the relationship.

Gender equality my yansh.
sad God save them. At this rate, there is no hope for the average woman! Even sexists exist on nl
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by coogar: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Let me use an example: If a little boy hits a soldier with his wooden stick, do you expect the soldier to return the favour with his steel sword? No.

with this analogy of yours - you are implying a man is the soldier and the woman is the little boy, right?

well, if women agree they are little earthlings to men then a man won't hit back - however, women are saying they are of equal standing with men.

with that in mind, there's a disconnect between your analogy & the relationship between men & women.

9 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by logica(m): 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
It's kind of funny though that a sport that promotes violence and aggression will now be speaking against violence from the other side of the mouth. They call it oxymoronic.

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
Obinoscopy: Aisha1, I love your objectivity, logical and intellectual display. How I wish every female folk gets to read this thread.

However, I pray this post of yours don't influence our fellow guys to resort to tit-for-tat when they find themselves in that situation. This is because the ultimate result could be disastrous.

The guys were designed to be stronger physically. A guy's slap has twice as much impact when compared with a female's slap. Thus it would be unfair for a guy to slap back.

So guys should learn to resist the urge to hit a lady when she hits him. However if a lady carries a weapon with the intent of harming a guy, then he's permitted to act and anything wey she see make she take am like that grin.

And for the ladies, please let's not tempt our guys. Abuse him, criticise him, correct him, curse him if you like but please don't hit him. It takes more than gentility for a guy who's slapped not to want to strike back.
Jesus! We are not the same ppl at all oh!
This sexism has to stop.
Ur spontaneous generalisation is astounding.

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by logica(m): 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ha ha...but I love the wife though. She's now blaming the media. She knows she's gonna lose some dough. She loves that high-living doesn't she? People should mind their biz. This is a family matter. I've heard that before when a man was assaulted; the police walked away and said "it is a domestic matter". grin
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Obinoscopy(m): 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

with this analogy of yours - you are implying a man is the soldier and the woman is the little boy, right?

well, if women agree they are little earthlings to men then a man won't hit back - however, women are saying they are of equal standing with men.

with that in mind, there's a disconnect between your analogy & the relationship between men & women.
A man and a woman are different physically. But intellectually, we're the same.

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by dayosaurus(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Chillisauce: Double standards indeed.
The same set of people shouting don't hit first will be same folks hitting on their kids, housemaid etc.

If you condone the Mr Rice hitting back then you are as good as supporting violence.

When a violence is done, using violence to solve it makes it a circle.
When you are hit, it's better you move away from the situation than hitting back.

Get away from the source of problem esp humans than eradicating it.

Lol at self defense, you call that knockout blow self defense?

Can I hit you please
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Obinoscopy: A man and a woman are different physically. But intellectually, we're the same.

I even doubt women think they're equal to men intellectually. Women think men have super powers to "walk away" and be a "real man"; an ability that women themselves don't think they have.

Plus, someone just said its harder to be a man, wouldn't that mean men have larger brains. cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by dayosaurus(m): 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
Obinoscopy: A man and a woman are different physically. But intellectually, we're the same.
No disrespect but this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard since someone said stealing ain't corruption.. why wouldn't you appreciate that difference and respect his person by not hitting him.. just like the story of Gaza änd isreal.. Hamas would send rockets to isreali territory and isreal retaliates with greater force. When you know you would get more than you bargain for, why hit him and tempt him in the first place undecided

5 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
logica: Oh, don't they call that, "eating your cake and having it"?

Well, am not sure in naija but in countries with clear policies and the UN these are well thought of policies which are fair and just to all genders. I am sure many of you would still like to see women without a voting right or not working in traditional men jobs like engineering etc, unfortunately its changed.

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by coogar: 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
BluIvy:

Well, am not sure in naija but in countries with clear policies and the UN these are well thought of policies which are fair and just to all genders. I am sure many of you would still like to see women without a voting right or not working in traditional men jobs like engineering etc, unfortunately its changed.

its not like women care for the "engineering" field anyways. Yeye.

less than 10% of British engineers are females. 1/10. Pfft.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by logica(m): 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
BluIvy:
I am sure many of you would still like to see women without a voting right or not working in traditional men jobs like engineering etc, unfortunately its changed.
Excuse me; in the so called "Land of the Free" where women were not free to vote, same applied to "People of Color" whether male or female. Females have always been free to vote where I come from as it is an egalitarian society. Now that "People of Color" are free to vote in the "Land of the Free", maybe they should also further ask for "equality" from the "Whites" so that it is legal for "People of Color" to slap, kick (preferably with high-heeled shoes or stilettos) and abuse "Whites" while the reverse is considered a serious crime (against humanity if you will). grin
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by JACKOFALTRADE: 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
BluIvy:

Very sick statement very generalising, are you saying there no domestic violence in naija?smh
No. . . But most black American women are very annoying. They will insult the living hell out of you.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Danhumprey: 9:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
AriDsexy:
Number 1 person that would not trip for him is me
Number 2 is also me
Number 3 is me again....What kind of muscles are those abeg grin
Na real muscle o! I'm sure the guy's 2nd home is the nearest gymnasium close to his house.grin

But sister,talk true. You sure say you no go trip for that guy?wink
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
dayosaurus:

Can I hit you please

Na upper cut I go give you. Comot those your gworo teeth first angry grin
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by hensben(m): 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
i have watched the video like 6 times now and i can say the guy is the aggressor here.

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Lamborghini(m): 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
BABE3:
I even doubt women think they're equal to men intellectually. Women think men have super powers to "walk away" and be a "real man"; an ability that women themselves don't think they have.
Plus, someone just said its harder to be a man, wouldn't that mean men have larger brains. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lamborghini: You're not female? And I was already rejoicing that a woman was the one showing all the objectivity on this topic. But its okay, other sensible women are on this thread.

I'm clearly female.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Pens Tribute To His Wife Who Died 16 Days After She Suffered A Stillbirth / 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth / Marry A Woman Who Loves Money Or Die Poor - Lady Says As Husband Gifts Her Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.