Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,193 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Violence: Again The Double Standards - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence: Again The Double Standards (19098 Views)

Women And Their Double Standards. / The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) / House Please Your Thoughts: How Can A Lady Lower Her Standards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by ziga: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
zeb04: yeh that's it.he fought back(he retaliated) he wasnt trying to defend himself. There are certain ways things shld be handled. No matter how we try to downplay it,he was wrong(she was wrong to) and they shld both face the consequence.

I am not trying to be biased BT I don't knockout someone and I call it defense.

Trayvon Martin was killed and they called it self-defense.

It all depends on who is doing the interpretation!!!

Just saying.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by logica(m): 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
Seun: We appreciate your support but we're much stronger and far more prone to acts of violence. Focus on your fellow women; they need you more.
Err, how about you speak for yourself here?

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
BluIvy:
Secondly, if men decide to use self defence in a case where a women is not armed women would be an endangered species in the near future. Can a woman's fist render a man unconscious? Or put him in a coma?

By knowing that, you would think women will run their mouths less.

if you know his fist will knock you into coma, why push/shove him? Why bite him? Why tear his shirt? Why spit on him? Or do women think men don't feel pain?

A classic case of wanting to eat your cake and having it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
A longer version of the same video, with audio and in color, was viewed by Associated Press journalists on Tuesday. The AP said the video showed the two shouting obscenities at each other in the elevator and[b] Janay Palmer spitting in Ray Rice’s face before Ray Rice punches her.[/b]

She should do a thanksgiving and thank God it wasn't worse
She provoked him,short and simple
Spitting on someone is the height of insult and dehumanization ,I don't know what I might do
If the Holy Spirit doesn't intervene,I will hit you with whatever is within my reach

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by elipheleh(m): 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
zeb04: okay.when I say defense in these context, am talking abt a physical one And u don't disfigure someone and call it defense wen I can see no bodily marks on u(I didn't finish watching the video so I don't know if he had same injuries like she had)

Aisha2 I don't know how the law works BT am pretty sure the judge won't rule that out as self-defense. They were just "two fighting" and shld be punished and if I we're in a position to handle that, he wild get the bigger punishment

I have noticed your stupidity so much on this thread.
Guys beware of this kid.

Your type are ones I love raping at any slight opportunity

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Reference(m): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
musicwriter: Not maried but I don't know what will make me hit a woman. I saw that video on CNN and if that girl love herself she should divorce that man immediately cause it's only a question of ''when'' not ''if'' before he hit her again. A man who will hit a woman once will always do it again sooner or later. I have 4 sisters and I have never hit any of them. Women look so vulnerable to me unless I'm living in a different world.

Yeah....Pandora.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
logica: So, why are you all looking for "equality" when you know this?

Well we never asked for equality in the areas of physical strength hence our sports are still separated.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
armyofone: The ability of a man to restrain himself in a violent situation with the opposite sex is what makes him a man. To be a man is not a day job.
That knocked out punch was not cool undecided no matter what.

Horseshït.

those are the kind of statements that make women think having a vagïna makes them a special snowflake.

7 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Reference(m): 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
standd:

So far, I haven't seen a case of a woman beating a man to death. angry

Be serious na. Women have shot, stabbed, poisoned, hung, electrocuted, drugged, strangled, run over with an automobile and yes beat men to death. Humans, both male and female have a propensity for anger, rage and violence. No exception.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by armyofone(m): 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
The military is very strict about that. Hitting a woman is a no no.
In a man/woman relationship, Americans look out for the woman. Her slap or punch compared with one punch knockout...we live in women's world you know.
That punch could have killed her then nobody will remember he was defending himself. Don't put yourself in a bad situation by getting drunk.

Babymama1:
To restrain himself in the face of physical assault?
We are not talking of verbal only
You wey dey military,trained to uphold moral and ethical standards suppose no dey talk this kain thing na
Will you say the same if it was the other way round?

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by JACKOFALTRADE: 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
Marry or date black American women at your on peril. They are only good for sex, nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
zeb04: okay.when I say defense in these context, am talking abt a physical one And u don't disfigure someone and call it defense wen I can see no bodily marks on u(I didn't finish watching the video so I don't know if he had same injuries like she had)

Aisha2 I don't know how the law works BT am pretty sure the judge won't rule that out as self-defense. They were just "two fighting" and shld be punished and if I we're in a position to handle that, he wild get the bigger punishment
you are wrong. Check this out...... You come to my crib to assassinate me, you shoot first and you missed(probably slightly), I take my own licensed gun and shoot your head and you die. SELF DEFENCE. No case here, doesn't matter whose lost weighs more. As simple as that.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
BABE3:

By knowing that, you would think women will run their mouths less.

if you know his fist will knock you into coma, why push/shove him? Why bite him? Why tear his shirt? Why spit on him? Or do women think men don't feel pain?

A classic case of wanting to eat your cake and having it.

Am lost on what exact example you referring to here but let humour you.

Both men and women have mouth which they run at will e.g. On Nl all run their mouth the same way sometime the men are even more potent with their mouths, so why can't he continue using this equal tool? There are laws against beating up another person, whether your wife or girlfriend. The world is not trying to create a boxing ring or a prison where women cannot say anything otherwise they will be knocked senseless.

I don't know which women you are talking about who do all those things but men stay in those relationship because they surely know and understand those kind of women. Samething applies, men should walk out of such relationships because they will surely over power hurt or kill a women if they choose instead to hit them. Whether in retaliation or as aggressors they will end up in jail or loosing something precious. The law is the law!

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
JACKOFALTRADE: Marry or date black American women at your on peril. They are only good for sex, nothing more.

Very sick statement very generalising, are you saying there no domestic violence in naija?smh
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by coogar: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
armyofone: The ability of a man to restrain himself in a violent situation with the opposite sex is what makes him a man. To be a man is not a day job.
That knocked out punch was not cool undecided no matter what.

so what makes a woman then? her ability to hit or spit at someone and cry wolf when she gets her comeuppance?

to be a man isn't a day job? by tomorrow, with your same mouth, you would say there's sex equality. your hypocrisy is alarming!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 7:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
BluIvy:

Am lost on what exact example you referring to here but let humour you.

Both men and women have mouth which they run at will e.g. On Nl all run their mouth the same way sometime the men are even more potent with their mouths, so why can't he continue using this equal tool? There are laws against beating up another person, whether your wife or girlfriend. The world is not trying to create a boxing ring or a prison where women cannot say anything otherwise they will be knocked senseless.

I don't know which women you are talking about who do all those things but men stay in those relationship because they surely know and understand those kind of women. Samething applies, men should walk out of such relationships because they will surely over power hurt or kill a women if they choose instead to hit them. Whether in retaliation or as aggressors they will end up in jail or loosing something precious. The law is the law!

of course.

Lets hide behind the useless law that paint men as robots that don't have feelings.

women: eating their cake and having it since 1873. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

so what makes a woman then? her ability to hit or spit at someone and cry wolf when she gets her comeuppance?

to be a man isn't a day job? by tomorrow, with your same mouth, you would say there's sex equality. your hypocrisy is alarming!!!!

you beat me to it.

4 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Oahray: 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
sevule: I am pretty surprised at the poster's flawed argument, Did she actually say that Rice was defending himself angry sad sad shocked shocked I laugh in Spanish at the word defend

In case the poster is not aware, the guy that hit her is an American Football Player!!!! These guys are pretty tough and lifts weights everyday as part of their training. The guy probably outweighs her by at least 60 pounds and would definitely beat up a regular joe easy. Rice hitting her is akin to Baptista or The Rock hitting their spouse! Hence the guy has ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE.

That said I am definitely not implying that his wife was right to hit him but for heaven's sake he is a football player for crying out loud! There is something called self control and what if she had died? He could have easily restrained her without slapping her. I was once slapped by a female friend but instead of retaliating I walked away. That is what a REAL man does! A real man knows that he can easily brutalize a woman because he is physically stronger and that is why he is restrained

That said, this goes for both men and women alike, if your partner is abusive simply end the relationship. No be by force!
who told you that you have the right to define what a real man should do? Walk away with spit on his face? Just shut the hell up! undecided

The world would be a better place if we all do to others what we want them to do to us. If you don't want to be hit, don't hit. Dignity isn't a gender thing. It's a human thing.

6 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by armyofone(m): 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
I didn't invent that quote. A guy invented it asking guys to live up to it grin

coogar:
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by coogar: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
armyofone: I didn't invent that quote. A guy invented it asking guys to live up to it grin

the guys who invented that quote consider women the weaker sex. so if you want sëx equality, stop looking for quotes that imply you are inferior to men.

5 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by pickabeau1: 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

Lol....

You forgot hissing and cursing.

Let's wait for d sucker quote...real men undecided

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

the guys who invented that quote consider women the weaker sex. so if you want sëx equality, stop looking for quotes that imply you are inferior to men.

reason why I don't take these feminists seriously. They choose to be feminists when it's convenient. Yeye people.

All of a sudden, being a man is harder than being a woman. If that's the case, Shouldn't special treatment be given to the men and not women?

5 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Stillfire: 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
ileobatojo: So apparently, he was the aggressor and started it outside the elevator.

The video in this link shows it more clearly than the previous video posted in this section. It shows her just walking by and he spits on her which makes her try to smack his face, they go in the elevator and apparently he spits on her again which she responded by holding out her elbow to his face. Then he smacks her face…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsd8LtTTnAI

Based on this new information, I'm glad he got what he deserved. He is even sicker than I thought, I thought he was pretty sick already from the way he treated her unconscious body but this shows she was the one retaliating/defending herself.

So the King Cobra was bloody Ray Rice? Diva 'Masculinists' have been spinning the story since it broke and for a while there they got me.
Watching this clip again affirms strongly that Ray Rice WAS the AGGRESSOR as Janay tried to fend off his deadly spitting attack.
At 0.08 the satanic cobra attacks, and Janay brushes it aside. He gets on the elevator and DOES it again. This time around she tries to defend herself and gets punched in the face and hits her head on the bar and collapses.

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by kobikwelu(m): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
The problem is that Political correctness is killing reasonable discourse on this matter.

Don't hit anybody. How hard is that Don't hit....

3 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by coogar: 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
BABE3:

reason why I don't these feminists seriously. They choose to feminists when it's convenient. Yeye people. All of a sudden, being a man is harder than being a woman.

when a task is required from both genders, they expect the man to be stronger in such scenarios. however, when it's time to share the rewards, then the theory changes a man = a woman!

buncha fraudulent gits!

5 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Reference(m): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
I think the arguments here are not on the same track and I can see the fault lines between those speaking about 'the tendency' of women to be violent and the 'capacity', the ability to be violent. I must admit that in terms of ability women lag behind. Yes a lady and a pro footballer are no match in fisticuffs but is that what the law says. Is that what the equi-gender movement tries to project or are men simply saying that women are equally liable to violence but may just have fewer dramatic options. They may not be able to knock me out but they could so, so easily sprinkle plutonium 235 on my scrambled eggs and send me to heaven. I still feel both men and women can and are equally mean and the law should not just zero in on pugilism.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Sparklesebony: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
MizMyColi:

Both of them should be sorry for their disgraceful acts, but he should be more sorry for reacting to such extent.

On point.

If a man gives you a rib-breaking punch and you retaliate with a murderous blow, it's no dispute that you will be convicted for murder irrespective of who attacked first.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by kobikwelu(m): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
And looking at that video, i also think alcohol is involved.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by coogar: 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
pickabeau1:
Lol....
You forgot hissing and cursing.

Let's wait for d sucker quote...real men undecided

in this day & age when all sorts of diseases can dwell in a spittle.....from rabies to HPV to ebola, etc.

if any woman spits at me, she would catch a fist! i am prepared for the consequences, if she sues, i would counter-charge. in england, spitting is also a common assault!

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Dygeasy(m): 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Bro you dey make sense but that slippers wey you wear for your profile pix no make sense at all. Bravo to you all the same
lol! Do you understand what dressing casually means? That is a leather flat slippers though. cool
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
Sparklesebony:

On point.

If a man gives you a rib-breaking punch and you retaliate with a murderous blow, it's no dispute that you will be convicted for murder irrespective of who attacked first.

What are you talking about? In which part of the planet is this true?

Oscar postorious is about to walk free and his girlfriend didn't even attack him. cheesy grin
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
BABE3:

of course.

Lets hide behind the useless law that paint men as robots that don't have feelings.

women: eating their cake and having it since 1873. cheesy

You seem to be having a comprehension problem. Ultimately your husband can slap the pissss out of you, if he chooses to, no one will stop him but once you report him the law will take its couse otherwise you can nurse the bruises and not report him.

What I am saying is, its his choice to risk jail if he gives you a sucker punch that sends you straight to where you belong. And he unfortunately will go to jail. Get it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Sending Money To Parents Back Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.