Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder (33653 Views)

Oscar Pistorius Could Compete At Rio 2016 / Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter / A Nigerian's Open Letter To Oscar Pistorius. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by GuyFawkes: 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
shymexx:

Apart from the fact that they're both high profile sportsmen who allegedly killed their women, both cases are somewhat different IMO. From the get-go, Oscar accepted that he did it, and the bone of contention has been if it was premeditated murder or homicide. With Oscar as the person who can provide evidence for the former. Guilty of either one of the two types of killing in South Africa or both from the get-go Vs. claimed innocence from the get-go.

However, in OJ's case, he never accepted that he did it, and he's still claiming innocence. Also, all the evidence that would've alluded to the fact that he did it were tampered with - and the court of law made the right decision.

So, basically, it's no evidence for premeditated murder but accepted homicide Vs. tampered evidence for murder but claimed innocence and was acquitted.

We'll never know if OJ killed his wife or not. But we all know Oscar killed his girlfriend, and the court of law said it wasn't premeditated.

Well I actually meant the part where they both got a very good legal team.

Ermmm we all know OJ killed his wife undecided

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by gulfer: 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Evidence or no evidence, Nigerian Police and cuorrupt judge would have convicted him. Transparency of the trial will surely give whatever the outcome of the manslaughter charge crdibility. A good judicial system will always heal the wounds of the victim/accused in all cases,

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
maxisfield: Ds is nt justice at all..evn if twia intruders so he had to fire d shots rada dan callin d police?? Accordin to one of d witnesses she hrd arguements bfor she had d shots. Wat a judge angry
won't u defend urself first b4 calling de police?and how are u sure de police will come before u are killed?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Ochibaisik(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
presidentgej: get free uk no forwarded to ur local no. if interested call uche on +44 70 8769 7653
am in nigeria also receieve n do business with my uk no note its for #1500 or call 08130627857
big thief@gmail.com
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by litetias(m): 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
This thing they call justice is an awful thing. I know for sure if Oscar was not a celeb he would have been convicted. Another thing I know for sure is this current system of things is not for the benefit of the masses. This current world order was perfected to serve the whims and caprices of the elite. And the poor ones just keep getting fuc*ked hard in the as*s. God is watching us though.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by omonla10(m): 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
Shocking news from South Africa as Reeva Steenkamp is found guilty of suicide by running at high speed onto bullets fired by Oscar Pistorius.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by uhuns: 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
free2ryhme: Believe when I say oscar pistorious is illuminati. The model was his blood sacrifice

its a clear example of celebration of death. A.C.
......only few will understand ......
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by sistrunk: 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Movie makers nd writers shld get prepared! Readers shld expect a novel on this & movie lovers shld expect a production just las it were in "the prosecution of "Casey Anthoney" casey walked, O.J walked & O.P walks too!!! dayumn...
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2014

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Ochibaisik(m): 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=lillyjane]Good for him.
Please visit my blog .com[/quote Just go and die. In adams voice
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by ekoscolary: 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
The logic of highest level of proof - beyond reasonable doubt in murder case is that it is fairer to discharge a guilty person than to convict an innocent person. Only Oscar Pistorius knows if he murdered her or not. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by wo1F(m): 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
nitlad: He was never gonna be found guilty, because he's not guilty!!

Mumu prosecution went for premeditated murder. How do you prove this beyond reasonable doubt without solid evidence to buttress it?

Beauty of the Rule Of Law!

Pally weldone jare. Most sensible post so far. The law is what it is. As far as I'm concerned, Prosecution team bungled this. He could have gone for manslaughter (culpable homicide) and achieved a faster trial process with some credible assurance of a guilty verdict.
But no. He got intoxicated by the fallacy of the case as well as misconstrued favourable public backing and hence was caught in the whirlwind of media frenzy. Expectedly he was getting all d accolades for his courtroom theaterics.

But the brilliant Judge Masipa exposed the poverty of the prosecution's submission. There is such a phrase as 'beyond reasonable doubt'. The burden of proof of murder is on d prosecution and not Oscar. If followed the sentencing today and d various reasons Judge Masipa aduced you'd have no quams with the acquittal on the murder charge.
Let's see what tomorrow brings. But I feel he's gonna go down on the culpable homicide charge. Already d Judge has given a lot of indication in this regard. She called her a poor witness and being evasive during cross examination.
At any rate the trial is a victory for the erudite high court Justice, the south African Criminal Justice system and d south African people in general.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by autofreak2020(m): 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Donkunxex: since 2013,,,I thought there's someting they call "THE LIE DETECTOR!". .. ain't watchinq trisha again...
lying detector?
Technology has always been over exaggerated in imported films since 1990.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Sam0(m): 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Wait oo! Why would somebody just intentionally shot his Girl friend? You guys should think of it now.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by maxisfield(f): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
scylla100: won't u defend urself first b4 calling de police?and how are u sure de police will come before u are killed?

Are u for real? Wen u dnt rlly knw if dey r rlly intruders..it cud hav bin hz siblings n he jus started firing..nt guilty of premeditated ma ass cos d killin sounds lyk a planned one

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by greetings(f): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
MrKnowitall: Man kills his girlfriend in cold blood...found not guilty. Man hits his wife in an elevator...loses everything. I don't understand this crazy world, this crazy perplexing world.

I know, you Thought you knew it all . embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by clem305D(m): 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
I feel a bit elated over the court ruling...waiting for tomorrow. Hope he is not found guilty of culpable homicide...till then undecided

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Donkunxex(m): 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
autofreak2020:
lying detector?
Technology has always been over exaggerated in imported films since 1990.
its lie DETECTOR guy nt lying....

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
MrKnowitall: Man kills his girlfriend in cold blood...found not guilty. Man hits his wife in an elevator...loses everything. I don't understand this crazy world, this crazy perplexing world.

Honestly, if things are to be based on one's thought, "oh, I thought it was an intruder; oh no, I thought he was the one; oh hell no! I didn't think it could've been her," then we're all gonna be living in one heck of a dangerous, erratic world very soon.

Mom: Where's Ada?

Son: I think she stepped out few minutes ago. A driver thought she was a bush rat and knocked her down. Oh well, take heart.

Mom: Ok son, don't forget to go and get those drugs for me. And try not to be mistaken for a cow.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by autofreak2020(m): 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
Donkunxex:
its lie DETECTOR guy nt lying....
it was my phone dictionary bro, I'm not that good, but I don't murder queen's english that much and best proof-reader might not be a good writer too.
I hope you understand my point that technology has been over exaggerated in movies.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Donkunxex(m): 9:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
autofreak2020:
it was my phone dictionary bro, I'm not that good, but I don't murder queen's english that much and best proof-reader might not be a good writer too.
I hope you understand my point that technology has been over exaggerated in movies.
yeah sure...
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by zubyzoe(f): 9:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
2 bad d girl died....mehn oscar hz bin cryin rivers...weda he killd ha or not everyone deservz a second chance...
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Abeyjide: 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
This is clearly end time things.the underworld took over the case.i knew dis will apen long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by sirjohnson(m): 9:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
all4naija:
That is it! It is as clear as the day light he killed that beautiful lady in cold blood! I hate those money hungry judges and lawyers who handled the case! Smh...! Jeez! angry

I knew they'd be shady when they started adjourning the case, a guy they should have nailed a long time ago. The two things I smell are bribery and bribery again.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by xtervaganza(m): 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
bizngr: You would've preferred I play the séx game? Mask reason and logic with sentiments? Nah, not my person. I'm a realist.
ok oooo

Buh thar guy is an animal
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
xtervaganza: ok oooo

Buh thar guy is an animal
They shouldn't worry. He will kill another one very soon! Primitive South Africans!

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by haibe(m): 3:09am On Sep 12, 2014
As expected, he will go free having the best legal team. But I just don't understand this . Perhaps I'm missing something here .
Some piece of information I don't have or something. OK. . . I'M in bed with My girlfriend , and in the middle of the night, I get up ,because for some unknown and unexplained
reason , I think there is an intruder in the house.I walk to the bathroom door with my handgun, and not knowing the whereabouts of my girlfriend, blast Five (5) rounds through the bathroom door.He did'nt notice that she was'nt in bed with him when he got out of it ? Even if they were sleeping in seperate rooms,he did not mentally acknowlege the fact that that could be her in the bathroom ? I'm not buying this for one minute.
The guy must really, really be of low intelligence if he thinks anyones, buying this B.S in reality.. Why would he fire unless his life was threatened.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Cheny(m): 7:32am On Sep 12, 2014
Some saying the prosecution should have gone for culpable homicide instead of premeditated murder. What's the point doing that knowing it would be d obvious call from d judge if the first case of murder fails to go through. Well,he might have evaded the human judge but it's impossible to dodge the hammer of the Eternal Judge.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Pamcrest(f): 7:42am On Sep 12, 2014
I am not surprised......knew Judge Masipa was sympathetic towards Oscar. She couldn't hide during d trial.
Another sorry a$$ man is about to go scot free for murdering a woman cry cry
Anyway we await the conclusion.
I pity Reeva's replacement when Oscar is eventually released
My humble submission
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 12, 2014
sirjohnson:

He is a fvcking murderer. What about that?

fvcking? Your word, not mine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Shares Photos Of His Son / US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon / "Up Next Wembley, E Choke" Iheanacho Reacts To Brace Against Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.