Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,588 members, 7,958,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder (33817 Views)

Oscar Pistorius Could Compete At Rio 2016 / Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter / A Nigerian's Open Letter To Oscar Pistorius. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by ephi123(f): 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
What??!!!! shocked
I still wouldn't advice him to walk on the streets of SA though.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by dridowu: 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by mlanreh: 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
woodcook: dam it
Lemme guess u wish he would spend the rest of his life in jail God don catch this one grin
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by presidentgej: 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
get free uk no forwarded to ur local no. if interested call uche on +44 70 8769 7653
am in nigeria also receieve n do business with my uk no note its for #1500 or call 08130627857
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by honeyad(m): 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
AFRICA!!! Probably if he was a black guy he will rot in jail undecided

6 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by mtthwbar(m): 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
Tot as much
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by freemanbubble: 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hmmm! At last we all can heave a sigh of relief.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by honeyad(m): 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
presidentgej: get free uk no forwarded to ur local no. if interested call uche on +44 70 8769 7653
am in nigeria also receieve n do business with my uk no note its for #1500 or call 08130627857

Ole tongue

5 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Seun(m): 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
His reaction to the verdict is either the reaction of an innocent man or the that of a world class actor. He made a mistake and tried to hide it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Opusdeii(f): 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
tyson55: The view I formed from watching the trial was that Pistorius is guilty of murder but the judge has to go on the evidence and what she is has said is that the prosecution failed to prove its case beyond reasonable doubt. Yes, Pistorius shot at the bathroom door, knowing he would kill someone but in the absence of proof (other than his own evidence) how can she conclude that he knew Reeva Steenkamp was behind the door?

You hit the nail on the head, Tyson55. She is a top class and totally ethical judge and unfortunately the facts as reported do not allow her to hand down a sentence of murder. What she may privately believe is another matter.
Once again this shows that having the money to pay for good legal representation is the be all and end all in this type of case.
As has been speculated on here from the start, it seems more than a little unlikely that he would have left the bedroom, armed, looking for an intruder without making sure that his lover was safe.
He was still shooting with intent to kill and I hope she has it in her powers to send him down for a decent stretch.

8 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by lamiobo(m): 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
the verdict isn't over he could be charged for homicide
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by henchamb(m): 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
The case is not over yet. There are still more charges that the judge is yet to read her verdict on
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by purplesummer(f): 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Within these 24hrs a lot of money could exchange hands and a lot of compromises made. Anyway, the international community is watching.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by akpanikpe(m): 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Aii
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by mlanreh: 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
lamiobo: the verdict isn't over he could be charged for homicide
Working with probability .
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Poisonspirit: 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Na Oyinbo ppl nw. He just escaped season 1....Watchout for season 2

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by nwaobitex: 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
good for him
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by weslay: 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
I feel so sorry for the families of reeva, I knew it would be difficult for them to get justice.
RIP to d Dead

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Thomsbuky(m): 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
bizngr: Praise da Lord!
Praise da lord for killing is fiancé and getting away with murder? why are you praising the lord? Is it for pumping gun seven times through bathroom door while she was screaming for help? Its a matter of time mark my word he will kill again. I hope you or your love one don't end up in similar situation. I can only imagine what the parent of his girlfriend going through right now with this injustice...when a killer has been let loose.....

8 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by sirjohnson(m): 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
He pain me o.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Segadem(m): 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Idrismusty97: Of course he wouldn't be found guilty.... Not after employing the best lawyers in the world.
so it means anybody can do anything so far he has money to employ the best of best lawyers to defend him!

God dey!

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by celeron40(m): 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Donkunxex: since 2013,,,I thought there's someting they call "THE LIE DETECTOR!". .. ain't watchinq trisha again...
Polygraph tests are not characterized as "admissable evidence" in most courts...In the U.S, it won't make it past the D.A's office..Pistorius cheated the system...In courts, its not whether you are guilty or not, its a matter of if the Prosecution can prove it "Beyond Reasonable Doubt"...meaning that under normal circumstances, the side with the better lawyers will win! Chikena!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Many don't really understand the rudiment of prosecution. The first rule is that everyone is innocent until proved otherwise. I'm sick of Nigerians giving a conspiracy theory to anything not going as their wish.
The judge rightly said that the prosecution couldn't prove pre meditated murder and murder and hence leaving only culpable homicide which itself doesn't have a minimum sentence but a maximum sentencing of 15yrs. Lest we forget, he still has two other charges each worth 5yrs imprimprisonment for him. At least let's trust the judiciary. Btw , if it were to be in Nigeria, the highest briber will win the case......

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
like WTF shocked
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by thiscounts(m): 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
Truly indeed there is no a perfect Jugde as Almighty Lord, He does not rely on the evidence put before him or charges to be proven beyond reasonable doubt because He is a witness to that which is hidden or couldnt be proven, He delivers His judgemenr with accurate precision.No wonder Yoruba would say 'Mo fa e le Kootu Olohun' I hand you over to God's judgement.God watches over all and shall deliver His right judgement to whomsoever. 'Alae sa llahu bi aakamil Aakimin?'

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
MARKone: Story for the Gods

Lady justice, is surely blind grin

how? didn't you listen to her verdict? kindly explain why you think she is blind.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by tandj: 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by iceberylin(m): 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2014

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by olumuyiolaoluwa: 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
Claimed he used the firearm to defend himself while he shoot in the direction of the toilet.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by 100Cents: 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
There is god u o.

If I be judge, I no go fit sentence somebody to death when he is crying tears..
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Segadem(m): 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
Itydee: Lucky guy. Same happened to OJ Simpson.
dat is not final verdict.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Up Next Wembley, E Choke" Iheanacho Reacts To Brace Against Manchester United / Referee Fernando Hernandez Kicks Lucas Romero In Groin For Demanding VAR Review / Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.