Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,116 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder (33666 Views)

Oscar Pistorius Could Compete At Rio 2016 / Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of Manslaughter / A Nigerian's Open Letter To Oscar Pistorius. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by pchax: 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
This is LAW... No sentiments!

The prosecutors lacked substantial evidence to convince the judge (and me) [b]beyond reasonable doubt that OP intentionally murdered his girlfriend.
[/b]

Let Oscars conscience be his judge! Simple...[/quote]

PhockPhockMan actually murdered his girlfriend

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by englishmart(m): 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
bizngr:

The prosecutors lacked substantial evidence to convince the judge (and me) beyond reasonable doubt that OP intentionally murdered his girlfriend.

Let Oscars conscience be his judge! Simple...
is Oscar the op?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by amtoxic66(f): 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Abbeyunique2: he won't go Scot free. I know that for sure
wz abt saying the same tin

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by saaedlee: 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
englishmart: is Oscar the op?

I think "OP" in this context is an acronym for Oscar Pistorius

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by PhockPhockMan: 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
musicwriter: There's no way someone will wake up at night and proceed to shoot at an intruder without being sure the lady on same bed with him was or was not sleeping there. Just last night a lady woke up at about 3.15 am in our neigbouring street and was shouting at the top of her voice. I reasoned maybe thieves came around. And by the time I woke up to ask my brother whether he heard the lady he said yes. And immediately another brother woke up and said he also heard the voice as well. We all paniced for a while and went back to sleep. How on earth will I proceed to shoot at the thieves without knowing my brothers are all aware of the incident?. Wouldn't I need my brothers in the first place?
Whenever science isn't used to solve a case everything else is but a speculation. An unconvicted murderer will be walking free on the street of South Africa soon. What a lazy judge!.
Not lazy judge, but lazy prosecutors.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
sugaarbear: you dont have a point please so stf up...am so sure the girl friend screamed at his first shot...
Obviously you didn't follow the trial. Cos you should have seen where your argument was summarily discharged. Btw, why do you think you can order another person to stf. That's too childish

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Wkaay(m): 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
HonourablePomk: Them knew this and kept him waiting this long
They not them
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by youngmonie: 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
Haba op stop giving this people also hope. He has been only cleared of premeditated murder but still facing charges on man slaughter me homocide. The full judgement is going to be tomorrow and he still faces the prospect of at least 10-15yrs. Pretty sure most people did not listen to the judge after her lunch break...she has given a verdict of negligence same as manslaughter .judgement tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
shymexx:

Apart from the fact that they're both high profile sportsmen who allegedly killed their women, both cases are somewhat different IMO. From the get-go, Oscar accepted that he did it, and the bone of contention has been if it was premeditated murder or homicide. With Oscar as the person who can provide evidence for the former. Guilty of either one of the two types of killing in South Africa or both from the get-go Vs. claimed innocence from the get-go.

However, in OJ's case, he never accepted that he did it, and he's still claiming innocence. Also, all the evidence that would've alluded to the fact that he did it were tampered with - and the court of law made the right decision.

So, basically, it's no evidence for premeditated murder but accepted homicide Vs. tampered evidence for murder but claimed innocence and was acquitted.

We'll never know if OJ killed his wife or not. But we all know Oscar killed his girlfriend, and the court of law said it wasn't premeditated.
Spot on bro....very reasonable.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by PhockPhockMan: 5:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
pchax:

The prosecutors lacked substantial evidence to convince the judge (and me) [b]beyond reasonable doubt that OP intentionally murdered his girlfriend.
[/b]

MTCHEEEEEWWW.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by chidooh1: 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

Mandela wouldn't share the same slanted mentally with you, the prosecutors should provide good evidence and jail Oscar.
otherwise, you guys just keep quiet.
someone gonna pull trigger on your sister and walkout of court with jubilation, then we Will know how mentally slanted you are.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
Example of people who are just commenting without following the trial. OP is Oscar pistorious
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by HonourablePomk: 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
Wkaay: They not them

Thanks man typo error modified
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by 50calibre(m): 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
Oscar Pistorius is just a lucky guy, the circumstances surrounding the tragedy all played in his favour, the time of the shooting, the fact he had no legs, tampering of the crime scene, police mishandling of evidence.... It all fell into place for him.

The crucial moments following the shooting were carefully managed, he was able to hire a proper defence team which started by discrediting witness accounts & once the witnesses's credibility were pretty much out of the window, all that was left were forensic & pathological evidence which were hugely in his favour.

Then when they realised the scales were starting to tip in favour of the prosecution, the came up with yet another defence of anxiety disorder. This what money & influence buys.

I don't think there's any sane person who doesn't believe he shot with intent to kill his girlfriend. When you suspect an intruder, the first thing you do is wake the person sleeping next to you, nobody goes and discharges 4 shot just like that. Even her crouching posture when she was shot suggests she may have been trying to hide from the shots.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by jurist21(m): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
bizngr:

The prosecutors lacked substantial evidence to convince the judge (and me) beyond reasonable doubt that OP intentionally murdered his girlfriend.

I love this the law is always void of sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
sirjohnson: He pain me o.

haa, me too. That man is a murderer for all I care.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by free2ryhme: 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
Believe when I say oscar pistorious is illuminati. The model was his blood sacrifice

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
chidooh1: someone gonna pull trigger on your sister and walkout of court with jubilation, then we Will know how mentally slanted you are.

Yes kid, if evidences provided by the prosecuting council are not strong enough to nail any criminal, he walks away from the court..savvy? NB; Oscar was not jubiliating, he was in tears but most of you are too biased in your judgement and shallow minded, not even to remember the forgiveness your religions talk about.

also, court verdict is not determined by how the victim's brother feels, it is determined by the strength of evidences of the crime the accused is standing trial on.
The high court Judge who is more experienced said to the court in the audience of the whole world that many of the witnesses got their facts wrong. so before you bring in your Mandela & apartheid claim, why not ask the prosecuting council to up their game? after all the accused is a whiteman and the Judge is a black southafrican.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Forwetinnah: 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Never saw this as a trial. .always thought it was just a reality show, could almost swear Endemol was behind the scenes. After this, they can move on to a new reality show..BBA undecided .Justice is about proof/evidence which the prosecutors couldn't provide. RIP Ms Reeves
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by sirjohnson(m): 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Opytim:

haa, me too. That man is a murderer for all I care.

Even if you dont care, he's just a murderer grin
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by xtervaganza(m): 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
bizngr:

if you're indeed a lady, then I need not pity you women again
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
sirjohnson:

Even if you dont care, he's just a murderer grin

just is even an understatement
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by sirjohnson(m): 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
Opytim:

just is even an understatement

He is a fvcking murderer. What about that?

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
I know it will definitely come to that! My speculations have always work on South Africans and their approach to defending the truth. They can mislead some people in the world but not me. This would be in the record that South African judges are biased and you can walk away with murder in that country.

Have a great day in your crime ridden nation, Oscar 'Boko Haram' Pistorious, for killing beautiful Reeva Steenkamp! angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by princebergz(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Donkunxex: since 2013,,,I thought there's someting they call "THE LIE DETECTOR!". .. ain't watchinq trisha again...

polygraph test (lie detector) is nt admissible as evidence in court
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by bizngr(f): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
xtervaganza: if you're indeed a lady, then I need not pity you women again
You would've preferred I play the séx game? Mask reason and logic with sentiments? Nah, not my person. I'm a realist.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
sirjohnson:

He is a fvcking murderer. What about that?
That is it! It is as clear as the day light he killed that beautiful lady in cold blood! I hate those money hungry judges and lawyers who handled the case! Smh...! Jeez! angry

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by bizngr(f): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
O = Oscar
P = Piscorius
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Donkunxex(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
princebergz:

polygraph test (lie detector) is nt admissible as evidence in court
ok
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
pchax:

[/b]

What has the world become? A place where facts are staring you at the face and they are denied. This is a clear case he killed her. The neighbors are witnesses. It doesn't require rocket science to see that there is some biased idea in the whole case.

It's so clear he killed her that he has to go on mental evaluation! Jeez!

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nnamdini(m): 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
It's a shame the prosecution did a very bad job & we can't blame Judge Masipa for that.Oscar did a clean job in murdering his girlfriend
How many times have we had of someone shooting at what he didn't see if it wasn't a war zone or something similar.Oscar knew what he did
Re: Oscar Pistorius Found Not Guilty Of Murder by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Before adjoining, the judge briefly described his behaviour as "negligent and unlawful": culpable homicide. So let's see how it ends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final / Ronaldo Shares Training Pictures To Announce His Return From Injury / "Up Next Wembley, E Choke" Iheanacho Reacts To Brace Against Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.