Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) (9780 Views)

Buhari Hosts Zuma To A State Banquet; Osinbajo, Atiku, Tinubu Joins / Buhari, Saraki, Gauck At Banquet Dinner (Photos) / Democracy Day Symposium At Banquet Hall Abuja - Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by NwaNimo1(m): 11:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
SO ASO ROCK IS A BUNGALOW?

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Donfamous(m): 11:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
daveP: the person that built it still have d coordinates till date. He probably tot this country would be islamized. He's retired and likewise mistaken. Its too obvious. Why domes for aso rock villa and national assembly building?
exactly my thoughts. They've been on the case of islamising Nigeria since. But God won't just allow that to happen.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
What is this? shocked

*covers face in shame*

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by iconize(m): 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
Brahms:
Nope, am not tryna defend anything.. You said there's nothing stunning about the pictures, right? What makes it not stunning?? The structure?? Dude, that's not the Main Shit! Even the Angle he took it sef get as e be!

Gimme Nikon D700 and I will surprise you with some badass Aso-Rock Pictures!

Will a Nikon D700 turn a 1960 structure to a 2010 structure? grin grin grin
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Margy: 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
I thought the building is on top of the rock??
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Brahms(m): 11:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
iconize:

Will a Nikon D700 turn a 1960 structure to a 2010 structure? grin grin grin
Dude, common! That's just by-the-way. You're not getting my point. The pictures up there were taken wrongly. The quality is poor. And I told you, that's not the whole Aso-Rock.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by lilprinze: 11:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
daveP:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

theyre doing asif the villa must be compromised by a single pix. Whereas White House gat thousands of tourist and yet.....no one still knows d ins and outs. D occupants are truly uninspired.

Im goina crack@ comments today. Fp pls grin grin
I don't know what is so special about the Aso Rock sef that they don't allow people take pictures of the place or visit the place unless invited even the white house and buckingham palace still allow people to visit and take photographs of the place .
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by CoolKizzy(m): 11:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Guys this is just the banquet hall, this ain't no aso villa. cut yourselves some slack. anybody can visit the banquet hall for one conference or the other. aso villa is deep at the right axis of that picture, a nice place I must say.

As for the state house, u need a closer view to appreciate the architecture. simple yet nice.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by daveP(m): 11:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Donfamous: exactly my thoughts. They've been on the case of islamising Nigeria since. But God won't just allow that to happen.
and they spend close to 300milla on maintenance. What im i even saying sef. Its more than that.

Is that bending streetlight poles im seeing. Step up truly needed. Want those domes removed. There are better architectural designs for roofing.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by daveP(m): 11:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
lilprinze: I don't know what is so special about the Aso Rock sef that they don't allow people take pictures of the place or visit the place unless invited even the white house and buckingham palace still allow people to visit and take photographs of the place .
i wonder!

Whats that jide alabi's soap on WapTv again.....

Ehen "HEAD OF STATES" grin grin

exteriors of the said 'presidential villa' couldnt be shot, it happened indoors all thru.

They should open the gateways and let us feel proud of our President's abode joor!
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by daveP(m): 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
Margy: I thought the building is on top of the rock??
a childhood thought/fantasy i held onto until AIT changed that in sec school grin
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by iconize(m): 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Brahms:
Dude, common! That's just by-the-way. You're not getting my point. The pictures up there were taken wrongly. The quality is poor. And I told you, that's not the whole Aso-Rock.

I get your point. I was just being sarcastic.

Well let's believe those pictures didn't show the real and whole Aso rock.

Because the pictures of Aso rock up there look more like a traditional ruler's palace.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by biafranqueen: 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
NwaNimo1: What are all these shiii.tt vevicles doing in the car park?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1696803_20140830072358_jpegc03241178332fb3171bc72e0295b27ba

I'm shocked .. . . . .they should be parked outside on the street!
LWKM grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by biafranqueen: 11:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
NwaNimo1: SO ASO ROCK IS A BUNGALOW?
If I post some homes in Igboland they will faint wink

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 12, 2014
NwaNimo1: What are all these shiii.tt vevicles doing in the car park?
I'm shocked .. . . . .they should be parked outside on the street!
That is not Presidential Villa but State House car park ... Behind it is the banquet hall and behind the banquet hall is the presidential villa ...... !!!

The Car park shown by Op is where civil servants of SH((state House) park their cars also are buses and Hilux for essential services !!

There is entirely special gate to the Presidential villa tagged ''PilotGate'' !!

Hmmm !
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 12, 2014
lalasticlala: Aso Rock Presidential Villa is the Nigerian Presidential Complex which houses the residence and office of the Nigerian President. It is variously called Aso Villa, The Villa, Aso Rock and and State House.

The Aso Villa is located in the three arms zone in the Central Business District of Abuja. The National Assembly Complex and the Nigerian Supreme Court are also located in the three arms zone.

The Presidential Villa is built on the valley of the geographical feature, Aso rock. The villa is named after this geographical outcrop, Aso rock.

Aso Villa was built in 1991 when the capital of Nigeria was moved from Lagos to Abuja.

Since 1991 Aso Villa has had the following occupants Ibrahim Babangida, Sani Abacha, Abdulsalam Abubakar, Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Musa Yar’ adua and the current President of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

source: http://www.abuja-ng.com/aso-rock.html
you self dey lie ba !
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by slimfit1(m): 12:06am On Sep 12, 2014
Pdp has nothing to do with the building.
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 12, 2014
And you expect the occupant of this place to be inspiring or to give you modern facilities as obtained in other climes?

I give up.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by lalasticlala(m): 12:09am On Sep 12, 2014
donroxy: you self dey lie ba !

how?
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Walphem(m): 12:16am On Sep 12, 2014
Aso Rock Villa! Go to Banana Island and get better Villa than this crap

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by 3coins(m): 12:17am On Sep 12, 2014
Mr Mike Adenuga's banana island home is better than this sef

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 2:54am On Sep 12, 2014
lilprinze: I don't know what is so special about the Aso Rock sef that they don't allow people take pictures of the place or visit the place unless invited even the white house and buckingham palace still allow people to visit and take photographs of the place .

who says they allow ppl visit the white house without an invitation? you can only see the white house from afar, but you dare not cross the boundary one inch
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Rawani: 4:29am On Sep 12, 2014
donnypool:
who says they allow ppl visit the white house without an invitation? you can only see the white house from afar, but you dare not cross the boundary one inch

That is incorrect. Visitors are allowed into the white house interior 3 days a week free of charge, and are even given guided tours where they enter iconic rooms, banquet halls and even the kitchen garden. Of course there are areas like the west wing with restricted access. Even you can take a tour by applying at our embassy in Washington or you can do it virtually right now by clicking here

Nigeria has a lot to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 4:58am On Sep 12, 2014
Rawani:

That is incorrect. Visitors are allowed into the white house interior 3 days a week free of charge, and are even given guided tours where they enter iconic rooms, banquet halls and even the kitchen garden. Of course there are areas like the west wing with restricted access. Even you can take a tour by applying at our embassy in Washington or you can do it virtually right now by clicking here

Nigeria has a lot to learn.

Bro same pic you saw here is same extent you can reach in any presidential villa, not all areas in the white house can be toured

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Rawani: 5:14am On Sep 12, 2014
donnypool:

donnypool:

Bro same pic you saw here is same extent you can reach in any presidential villa, not all areas in the white house can be toured

That is not true. You cannot take a tour of the Aso Villa, much less being lucky enough to meet the President on a lucky day.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Culbobby(m): 6:29am On Sep 12, 2014
I bet the pillars are more than the rooms(Aso pillar)...our President sure needs tutorials from the Sultan of Brunei on presidential living
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by searay(m): 7:00am On Sep 12, 2014
guttentag: God Bless America!!
for what now?
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 12, 2014
@ lalasticlala: you forgot Ernest Shonekan in your list. He was also a head of state, albeit for 2.5 months.
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Brahms(m): 7:45am On Sep 12, 2014
iconize:

I get your point. I was just being sarcastic.

Well let's believe those pictures didn't show the real and whole Aso rock.

Because the pictures of Aso rock up there look more like a traditional ruler's palace.
wink
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Dreyl(m): 8:33am On Sep 12, 2014
Very very ugly buidings,so this is the Aso rock that people are hyping!shocked
Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 12, 2014
lalasticlala: Aso Villa

Aso Banquet Garden

State House

Asorock Banquet

source : http://www.abuja-ng.com/aso-rock.html
Wow, a lot of modifications have been done. The last time I was there it was more of a military cantonment.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Banquet Hall ( Pictures ) by guttentag(m): 8:55am On Sep 12, 2014
searay: for what now?

For everything

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SHOCKING: See Nigerians Comments After The President Was Reported To Be Sick / #Endsars: Listen To Youths, Make Changes - Samson Ayokunle, CAN President To FG / Anyone Asking Tinubu To Release Nnamdi Kanu Should Look At This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.