Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like - Computers (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like (39901 Views)

WINDOWS 8 SUCCESSOR: Windows 10 Unveiled Instead Of Windows 9. / Microsoft Skips Windows 9, Jumps Straight To Windows 10 (pix) / Windows 9 Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by zyzxx(m): 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
Victoriousvic:
I don't get you.
i mean do u start operating computer wit window xp or which 1?
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by pimpc007(m): 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
shollynoob:
...but u once learnt Win95 at least I guess, Won't u do same for Win8?

In this case it is an upgrade and is supposed to simplify my Win95 experience. It is not new software so I should not have to re-learn it
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
zyzxx: i mean do u start operating computer wit window xp or which 1?
Oh, yeah. I started with Windows xp.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by zyzxx(m): 7:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
Victoriousvic:
Oh, yeah. I started with Windows xp.
ok. Not that window 8 is not Gud but the problem is it makes u a learner. And again what do u like about it??
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
zyzxx: ok. Not that window 8 is not Gud but the problem is it makes u a learner. And again what do u like about it??
Everything, except the data it gulps due to the apps on the start menu or page.

I think I love its user interface more.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by zyzxx(m): 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
Victoriousvic:
Everything, except the data it gulps due to the apps on the start menu or page.

I think I love its user interface more.
ok sir
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
zyzxx: ok sir
Yeah bro. smiley

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Fulaman198(m): 8:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
shollynoob:

U n ur system na Bros

That's what i use when I'm not on my smartphone lol. I'm using it right now.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by abatically(m): 8:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
pimpc007: Even something as simple as shutting down Windows 8 is something you have to go to school for! That, my dear, is crappy.

If u can't do a simple thing as right clicking the start button and shutting down on windows 8.1, then u shouldn't be handling a computer.

3 Likes

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by simplejayy(m): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
can't wait to see wht win9 has in stock . I rep #TeamWin7

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by abatically(m): 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
pimpc007:

its not about time, if it were solely about how old the OS is, how do you explain the large adoption of W7 as compared to Vista?
Also, comparing phone OS adoption here is not really logical because phone OS upgrades have a very short life-span relative to PC upgrades (as a matter of fact I have used Android 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 in less than 12 months on the same phone). PC OSs take up to 4 years before new ones come out. Please explain to me why Vista had a relatively low adoption rate?

Vista was a big failure and everyone even Microsoft knew it. it was so buggy, laggy and too heavy. windows 8 on the other hand is lighter and even faster than windows 7. Maybe it requires some learning curve but that is no biggy. Plus windows 8 is optimized for touch screen so I don't see windows 9 being too different from windows 8. Windows 8.1 is not too different from windows 7. Maybe people are confused with the metro screen but it can be by passed to boot directly to desktop on windows 8.1.

I used mobile OS just to make an illustration. I know mobile OS lifespan is shorter than PC. As at last year, Android 2.3 gingerbread had the largest distribution but now it is Jellybean. By end of 2015 it would be Kit kat. Windows 7 was replaced by windows 8 after 3 years, and windows 9 will be released 3 years after windows 8. Fair enough if u ask me.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by pimpc007(m): 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
abatically:
If u can't do a simple thing as right clicking the start button and shutting down on windows 8.1, then u shouldn't be handling a computer.

sharp man, I was talking about shutting down in Windows 8, not 8.1. That screenshot is 8.1.
The argument is Windows 8. before you play smart next time, check and see what the argument is
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by pimpc007(m): 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
abatically:
Maybe it requires some learning curve but that is no biggy.

actually this is a BIG deal. The reason the Microsoft Windows OS became what it is today is because it went from being something that required a learning curve (that is, when only geeks could operate it) to something simplified for everyone (thus, the GUI - Graphical User Interface).
You know, all software can actually be presented in Command Line where you have to know codes and type all day but it isn't.
The simpler the presentation of valuable software, the better. Ask Apple!
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Bawss1(m): 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
pimpc007:

sharp man, I was talking about shutting down in Windows 8, not 8.1. That screenshot is 8.1.
The argument is Windows 8. before you play smart next time, check and see what the argument is

If 8 is a problem why haven't you moved to 8.1?
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by abatically(m): 10:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
pimpc007:

Windows 8.1 is just a slight update from windows 8, not an overhaul like xp-win7-win8. 8.1 runs on windows 8 framework.

Anyway, shutting down on windows 8 is as simple as swiping ur trackpad from right to left, or bringing up the charms bar, click settings and then power. Again if that is too difficult then I don't know what else to say.

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 14, 2014
This is how the multi-desktop going to look like in Windows 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAvjtSvh_0I?list=UUC-E3dSpgp3cDeL7tdWBbTg
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by funshyboi(m): 8:44am On Sep 14, 2014
shollynoob:

On Your Own
since you know that, why are you meddling?
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 14, 2014
funshyboi: since you know that, why are you meddling?
Wondering!
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by pimpc007(m): 11:37am On Sep 14, 2014
abatically:
Windows 8.1 is just a slight update from windows 8, not an overhaul like xp-win7-win8. 8.1 runs on windows 8 framework.

You don't get it do you? The fact that there is even a slight update of Windows 8 (which is 8.1), then that means Microsoft noticed fundamental flaws which they rushed in to fix. There was never a Windows 7.1 and others before it, instead there were only the security fixes.

All these screenshots seem easy to you but if you were into software development you would appreciate the philosophy of simplicity of software better
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by emmatok(m): 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
pimpc007:

You don't get it do you? The fact that there is even a slight update of Windows 8 (which is 8.1), then that means Microsoft noticed fundamental flaws which they rushed in to fix. There was never a Windows 7.1 and others before it, instead there were only the security fixes.

All these screenshots seem easy to you but if you were into software development you would appreciate the philosophy of simplicity of software better

Just leave this Win8 people alone, they're mostly USERS and they don't deploy on large scale.

They don't know that 8.1 is a service pack for win8 just like Windows 7 sp1.

80% of the company I supply don't like Windows 8 or 8.1.

The App store don't recognize Apps not designed for Windows8 even when the Application runs well on Windows8.
E.g VLC for Windows7 runs well on Windows 8, but Windows8 App store don't recognize it.

People should stop jumping at every technology release out there.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Bawss1(m): 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
^ Of course we are users, who else is the OS made for if not the end user?

I have VLC media player working on my Win 8.1 device just fine. If you can't find an app in the Store you can still install the .exe file as you would on Win 7. With Win 8 you can install legacy applications as well as the mobile versions(if its available in the Store) How is this a bad thing?

Any company that is in need of an upgrade and refuses Win8/8.1 because of it's novelty needs to take a hard look at its IT department.

People are just spreading FUD about Win8.1
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Bawss1(m): 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
pimpc007:

Win 8.1 is an even much simpler system to use than Win 8, so unless people have insisted on not learning any new thing you have to wonder where all this noise is coming from.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by MostIncredibleDFirst: 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
#TeamWindows8 have won this debate on nairaland. Bigups to all #TeamWindows8Crew. Microsoft should take note of this decision!
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by emmatok(m): 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
Bawss1: ^ Of course we are users, who else is the OS made for if not the end user?

I have VLC media player working on my Win 8.1 device just fine. If you can't find an app in the Store you can still install the .exe file as you would on Win 7. With Win 8 you can install legacy applications as well as the mobile versions(if its available in the Store) How is this a bad thing?

Any company that is in need of an upgrade and refuses Win8/8.1 because of it's novelty needs to take a hard look at its IT department.

People are just spreading FUD about Win8.1

Sorry the highest user of Windows OS and Servers are companies and corporate clients.
Users buy preinstalled OEM, while While companies buy multiple licence.
And MS makes much of thier money from multiple licence.

IT department don't migrate to new platform any how, they consider the usefulness , cost implications and time. If Windows7 can perform everything we want why do we need Windows8?

On the VLC issue, I stated clearly that various versions of the software works well on Windows 8, but the App store only recognize VLC for Windows 8. And that is common with many other applications.

This is a major flaw, because developers are now forced the write applications for Windows8 store plAtform.
That's why a lot of fake applications are floating on Windows 8 app store
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 15, 2014
Bawss1:

Win 8.1 is an even much simpler system to use than Win 8, so unless people have insisted on not learning any new thing you have to wonder where all this noise is coming from.

Bawss1's boostering of win 8 no ger part 2.

I hope your pc was offline when the disastrous August update rolled out.

They jejely yanked it from the net.

I HATE metro. It makes managing settings a nightmare. All you get are those annoying bars on the screen. Then that intrusive charms bar that will not go off. And at least one major update is best done as fresh install. Then there are the metro apps that even with stardock modernmix still go full screen. I had major league issues with win8 skype and box. I was able to replace with the desktop versions. Thank God for classic shell. I put that on every win8 pc that comes my way.

That win 9 start menu is fugly and looks like one of those start menu extenders
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 15, 2014
The latest win 8 update borked pcs and was taken down. Update 1 was best done on a clean install. In place upgrades were highly unpredictable. That may be why the unlucky fellows (like me) who got stuck with win 8 have all updates blocked. By their nature IT wants stability. Imagine deploying win 8 across an enterprise; by now at least two enterprise wide clean installs would have been necessary.

The reports I remember from the media are that OEMs started shipping win 7 rather than win 8.

Win 8 is balmers ugly legacy is all

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by obosirow: 6:03am On Sep 15, 2014
grin grin
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by emmatok(m): 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2688752/with-new-os-microsoft-will-try-to-put-windows-8-era-behind-it.html#tk.nl_today

After spending the past two years in damage control mode over Windows 8, Microsoft will officially begin a new era for its OS on Tuesday, when it’s expected to unveil a preview of Windows’ next major version during an event focused on enterprise customers.

After the success of Windows 7, Microsoft misread the market with Windows 8 and botched the product’s user interface, leaving a trail of many unhappy customers, especially in the consumer market.

Among businesses, Microsoft encountered much resistance to upgrade, as many CIOs clung to the very stable Windows 7, and took a pass on Windows 8 and its subsequent revisions, afraid that the UI, optimized for touch-screen tablets, would confuse their users, lead them to revolt and affect productivity.

So it’s not a surprise that the first look of the next generation of the OS—referred to unofficially as Windows Threshold and Windows 9—will be directed specifically at businesses.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by emmatok(m): 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2014
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by MostIncredibleDFirst: 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2014
emmatok: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2688752/with-new-os-microsoft-will-try-to-put-windows-8-era-behind-it.html#tk.nl_today

After spending the past two years in damage control mode over Windows 8, Microsoft will officially begin a new era for its OS on Tuesday, when it’s expected to unveil a preview of Windows’ next major version during an event focused on enterprise customers.

After the success of Windows 7, Microsoft misread the market with Windows 8 and botched the product’s user interface, leaving a trail of many unhappy customers, especially in the consumer market.

Among businesses, Microsoft encountered much resistance to upgrade, as many CIOs clung to the very stable Windows 7, and took a pass on Windows 8 and its subsequent revisions, afraid that the UI, optimized for touch-screen tablets, would confuse their users, lead them to revolt and affect productivity.

So it’s not a surprise that the first look of the next generation of the OS—referred to unofficially as Windows Threshold and Windows 9—will be directed specifically at businesses.
Its a lie. You goofed! They have just released windows 10 which is similar to windows 8. All you old-school guys should learn to adapt to change or die trying! http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2014/09/30/microsoft-announces-windows-10/

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Fulaman198(m): 7:58pm On Sep 30, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Fulaman198(m): 7:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
MostIncredibleDFirst: Its a lie. You goofed! They have just released windows 10 which is similar to windows 8. All you old-school guys should learn to adapt to change or die trying! http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2014/09/30/microsoft-announces-windows-10/

If you look at the post above yours, you will see that he quickly rectified his simple mistake.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uk Used Laptops For Everyone / Common Uses Of Function Keys F1 To F12 On Your Computer Keyboard / Over 100 Computer Keyboard Shortcuts!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.