Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,307 members, 7,954,233 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:04 PM

Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like (40076 Views)

WINDOWS 8 SUCCESSOR: Windows 10 Unveiled Instead Of Windows 9. / Microsoft Skips Windows 9, Jumps Straight To Windows 10 (pix) / Windows 9 Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by ITbomb(m): 9:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
gramci: Windows 8.1 drinks data like mad
I have been waiting for this.
The key word is CONTROL.
with Windows 8 I lost control of my Input and output. You plug in a modem with your meagre data, and watch the transfer rate spike as everything seems to be ferociously going for the world wide web.

I had to go back to 7 where I could control what connects
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Barywhyte(m): 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
You guys should forget about THIS Jezebel painting OS and come over to Linux. Gain absolute control of your system. Windows is a trash. Guess you are all fascinated by Jezebel colourful painting.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by killzone(m): 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
Am rili excited for windows 9.just want to see cortana the windows phone virtual assistant because it has been rili helpful to me on my windows phone.windows 8 is not that complicated to me its rili easy.anyway am excited for the windows 9
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Waspy(m): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
I wonder why pple are complaining abt the Win8 . IMHO, its as simple as having Win7 plus another background UI, all rolled into one. Its no biggie at all undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by emmatok(m): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
sniperwolf:

Nigerian Banks and their cost management style. They will switch instantly when hackers start taking advantage of the loopholes due to discontinuation of XP support. They are all vulnerable to attacks

Not only Nigerian Banks it s a world wide issue.

Do you know MSE don't work on win 8 and Win defender don't auto scan and update.

Most APPs in the APP store not the same with the standard apps. e.g You can installed old version of VLC on win8, but the VLC in the APP store is different so you cant update the old one unless you install the one from APP store.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Barywhyte(m): 9:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
ITbomb:
The key word is CONTROL.
with Windows 8 I lost control of my Input and output. You plug in a modem with your meagre data, and watch the transfer rate spike as everything seems to be ferociously going for the world wide web.

It's because of the Jezebel painting. Puttting colours together at the expense of robusteness and security; the Jezebel graphics drains your data and that dont happen on Unix variants. Port to Linux and gain absolute control of your system down to your own OS personal customization
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by zyzxx(m): 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
Victoriousvic: I love Windows 8 just the way it is. angry

Abeg o, what's so difficult, confusing and complicated in Windows 8??

#TeamWindows8
really? Pls which window do u start with?
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
This is why Nigerians are backward.
How can you say u prefer Windows 7 to Windows 8.
Do you know how that sounds?
Its just like saying i prefer a catapault to a gun....Jeez
No wonda White men laugh at us.
Tell that to a programmer on Nairaland and he will laugh bele tear.Chai.
People gladly accepting backwardness
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by deScifa(m): 9:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
emmatok:

It's not all Technology innovations you adopt because some of them are actually flops.

Why do you think most ATM stayed on with Xp until MS decided to discontinue XP support.

People don't just adopt technology because it's new, but because it's works.

Windows 8 is a technology flop and MS admits that.

We should ask the engineers at Interswitch, CBN and Nigeria banks why they stuck with XP. Microsoft discontinued support for XP due to it security challenges. What XP can do...window 7/8 and any other desktop OS can do. That u can not find your way around Windows 8 does not make it a flop. The UI is awesome, the start up is fast, built in security not easily penetrable like XP and the likes. Windows Xp is ok....windows vista is flop....windows 7 is good...windows 8 is better....we can only ask for more.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by deScifa(m): 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: This is why Nigerians are backward.
How can you say u prefer Windows 7 to Windows 8.
Do you know how that sounds?
Its just like saying i prefer a catapault to a gun....Jeez
No wonda White men laugh at us.
Tell that to a programmer on Nairaland and he will laugh bele tear.Chai.
People gladly accepting backwardness

No mind them
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
I just pity microsoft,wit all dis updates dey might jsut loss customers
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by hizaya61(m): 10:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Not only you sir. I did all I could to get my head around windows 8 and it never just gets to stop confusing me. After a while I had to let go and go back to my good old windows 7.

Windows 9 should better be less complicated and confusing like the windows 8.

u really need my help, window 8 professor
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
ITbomb:
The key word is CONTROL.

Why didn't you set your 'metered connection' to off ? Switch it off at PC settings to prevent extra charges during downloads of drivers and other things at the background. It is usually set to off mode in Windows 8.!

Why are Nigerian networks not providing unlimited internet access? This is the only way they could have helped to encourage the people to make more use of the internet to acquire knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
SAVEDBABA: I just pity microsoft,wit all dis updates dey might jsut loss customers
Who is it going to lose them to?
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by emmatok(m): 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
all4naija: Who is it going to lose them to?

Win 8 sales is very slow according to MS.

Most PC makers are actually going back to Win 7.
Win8 reminds me of VISTA.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by abatically(m): 10:17pm On Sep 12, 2014

Abeg help me ask am oo. Is it to Apple that are a closed system and their machines are very expensive to obtain? Apple computers are only good for Dj's and video/photo editing. Not for official work and that's why companies don't bother using them.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
they could lose their customers to Ubuntu,apple,linux and d rest of them.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by abatically(m): 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
emmatok:

Window's 8 is very different from Vista. Windows 8 is faster and lighter. It is just windows 7 with themes and more functionality. You should spend more time using it and I bet u will not want to go back to windows 7

2 Likes

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by abatically(m): 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
SAVEDBABA: they could lose their customers to Ubuntu,apple,linux and d rest of them.

How many computers leave factory with linux and ubuntu? Apple? u got to be kidding me. They only use Apple in the US and it is just for show off. How many people do u think can afford a 300,000 naira laptop?
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
abatically:

Abeg help me ask am oo. Is it to Apple that are a closed system and their machines are very expensive to obtain? Apple computers are only good for Dj's and video/photo editing. Not for official work and that's why companies don't bother using them.
hav u heard of ubuntu and linux
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Fulaman198(m): 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
abatically:

I tell u. Windows 8 is a better version of windows 7. It has every functions of windows 7 but better presentation and neater UI. Better notification and I love the charms bar. What about ability to share ur desktop by just swiping from left to right on the trackpad. I've been using windows 8/8.1 for 2 years now.. and 2 weeks ago I tried using a friend's windows 7 and I was like WTF is this?

People are just afraid of change. They see the metro UI and in their mind they thought they can't use it. Really if u don't want the metro just boot to desktop and its not too different from windows 7.

1000% agree

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by sammily(m): 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
Graphical history of windows OS...

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
SAVEDBABA: they could lose their customers to Ubuntu,apple,linux and d rest of them.
That is a joke. No general windows users would find any of those operating systems more flexible and user's friendly as Windows OS not to make mention of using it for playing games.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Fulaman198(m): 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
Why do people think Windows 8/8.1 is slow. It takes my computer 3 seconds to bootup (this is my 2 in 1 Asus Transformer Book T300LA). A Windows 7 machine takes 10 times as long. Windows 8/8.1 is their fastest OS yet. Like Abatically said, people are just afraid of change.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
abatically:

How many computers leave factory with linux and ubuntu? Apple? u got to be kidding me. They only use Apple in the US and it is just for show off. How many people do u think can afford a 300,000 naira laptop?
dos dat no buisiness well can testiffy dat dis could spell doom for microsoft.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Bawss1(m): 10:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
emmatok:

Oga are you manufacturing these stories? Win 8 has sold more than 200 million licenses as of date, and while this is behind Win 7, it is anything but a slow sale.

Which PC manufacturer in 2014 is making news devices with Win 7?

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
A new duplex 4 sale @ old GRA Enugu. Has 6 bedrooms all in suite, 4 upstairs and 2 downstairs with big parlour,compound and C of O, #80 million asking. Want to lease or buy landed properties in Enugu? Looking 4 accomodation in Enugu? Cotact Mbaeze unique services on 08030888125, 07030529590,08089725197,or mbaezeo@gmail.com for genuine services.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Bawss1(m): 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
^ Moderator ban this guy straight!
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by meetgaya: 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
I have never fall in love with windows 8. Windows 7 till no computer exist. grin
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by NifemiOlu(m): 10:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
meetgaya: I have never fall in love with windows 8. Windows 7 till no computer exist. grin

I see that as an indirect prayer that you won't buy another computer because new systems will come in Windows 8 or 9. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by abatically(m): 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
SAVEDBABA: dos dat no buisiness well can testiffy dat dis could spell doom for microsoft.

I don't see any doom here. Microsoft will still maintain the monopoly until we see a really good competition. Microsoft don't make their own hardware, what they sell is software. Just put it this way.. people are complaining about windows 8 because of the changes.. is it the same people that would use a new word processor? We all know Microsoft word is used in most offices. If u think windows 8 is complex, then I bet u will never try a new word processor other than Microsoft word.

As for Apple, their machines are too expensive. Only a few people can buy a laptop for 300,000 naira.

As for Ubuntu and Linux... only few to no hardware leave company with them. They are only used by programmers.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by ITbomb(m): 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
all4naija:
Why didn't you set your 'metered connection' to off ? Switch it off at PC settings to prevent extra charges during downloads of drivers and other things at the background. It is usually set to off mode in Windows 8.!

What if I just want to download a 10mb program, I have to put it on and at the end of the day 90mb will disappear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook / Uk Used Laptops For Everyone / Common Uses Of Function Keys F1 To F12 On Your Computer Keyboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.