Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like - Computers (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like (39884 Views)

WINDOWS 8 SUCCESSOR: Windows 10 Unveiled Instead Of Windows 9. / Microsoft Skips Windows 9, Jumps Straight To Windows 10 (pix) / Windows 9 Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Fulaman198(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2014
Bawss1: Thanks Fulaman198 my Win 8 buddy grin

Lets show these people that Win 8 is anything but a failure.

For sure, also people need to add Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 together to see that it is roughly 12% of people total.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by dazekid(m): 8:24am On Sep 13, 2014
femi4: It wasn't me.

aiit cool..must have got monikers mixed up
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Sheenor: 8:38am On Sep 13, 2014
Pple complaining abt window 8 shld plz stop......window 8 rock, i jst hope 9 will be more awesome compare to 8.......
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 13, 2014
For those who prefer Windows(7, Vista, XP) to Windows 8 I have this to say to you; The 21st century illiterate is not one who cannot read or write but is the one who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by pimpc007(m): 9:15am On Sep 13, 2014
Fulaman198:
For sure, also people need to add Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 together to see that it is roughly 12% of people total.

How does 12% (of 2 OSs technically) compare to over 50% from Windows 7? It tells you there is a problem with the product. Its not a totally difficult OS for someone who has been in IT for long to figure out, or even for anyone but the point is, software has to be seamless. This is why Nokia had huge market share back in the day. Not that people who used Nokia phones couldn't figure out how to use motorola or samsung or LG, its just that the flow was not there.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Fulaman198(m): 9:17am On Sep 13, 2014
pimpc007:

How does 12% (of 2 OSs technically) compare to over 50% from Windows 7? It tells you there is a problem with the product. Its not a totally difficult OS for someone who has been in IT for long to figure out, or even for anyone but the point is, software has to be seamless. This is why Nokia had huge market share back in the day. Not that people who used Nokia phones couldn't figure out how to use motorola or samsung or LG, its just that the flow was not there.

Windows 8/8.1 are still relatively new. Windows 7 has been around for far longer.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by abatically(m): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2014
pimpc007:

This is where u are wrong. 12% of total windows 8 users is a good number. You need to understand the OS is only 2 years old. Same thing happened when Microsoft released windows 7 back in 2009, then it was hard for people to shift from XP. But today windows 7 has the most users. corporate companies don't just change their OS anyhow.

Let me give u a good illustration using android. According to the figure below,

As u can see Android 4.1-4.3 jellybean has the largest distribution at 59.1%. This is a software that was released in 2012. The latest version android 4.4 kitkat has only 1.4%. Now tell me is android 4.1-4.3 jellybean better than android 4.4 kitkat? The answer is NO. As a software grows, the market share increases and this the case with windows 8.

Mobile OS even has an advantage here. Most people use their phones for only 1-2 years and then get a new phone that comes with the latest OS. This is not the case with computers. People use computers for 5 years plus before buying a new one. Lots of people don't bother upgrading their old laptops and this is why windows 7 still has the largest user. Trust me in a few years time the numbers will turn.

3 Likes

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Bawss1(m): 9:56am On Sep 13, 2014
This is what I have been saying, when many people want to tell you why they don't like Win 8 they point to old articles on the internet or grossly misinterpret the available statistics out there. You rarely hear any valid personal accounts of why these people shun the OS. Are we all lemmings or what? Can people no longer form valid personal opinions or are they entirely dependent on the viewpoint of web articles?

[Here we are talking computers but I have noticed this behaviour also reveals itself in other issues in life]

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by just2endowed: 10:01am On Sep 13, 2014
I have three OS at the same time on my system. its tri-boot: window 8, window 7 and Ubuntu os.

yea I love all, and its cool to switch to the os I like to use for some reason. I use window 8 and 7 to browse and do other social thing. for Ubuntu, I use it each time I want to do online transaction coz of its security. kikikiki, Ubuntu is good for security reason coz malware or anything can't see what am doing. lol.

for me, I love all three. kikikiki
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by chinkichun: 10:29am On Sep 13, 2014
PapaNnamdi: my windows 8 still givin me problems,

modified

jesus is lord,

I think windows 8 is amazing. I've never had any problems with it.

2 Likes

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by chinkichun: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2014
NifemiOlu: Wondering why some peeps are having issues with Windows 8, for me, it's super great...super cool. As for this Windows 9, all I can see is a combination of Windows 7+8.1. Is Microsoft trying to dull us?

Thanks bro. I've used both win 7 and 8. And i swear, windows 8 is superb. I don't know why people always complain about it.

2 Likes

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Sunnybabe(m): 10:49am On Sep 13, 2014
hummmmmm, let me just say window 8 want to make us realise that "Learning continues" , but it seems as if people prefer window 7 to 8 (am not excluded). i believe we will soon see window 9 whether is good or bad.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by obosirow: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2014
Windows 9 is a combination of 7 & 8.1 and will re-enact the experience we are used to seeing in windows with an improves, enhanced interface. It will be what windows 7 was to Vista. Microsoft will ever remain our beloved Desktop OS.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by killzone(m): 11:10am On Sep 13, 2014
obosirow: Windows 9 is a combination of 7 & 8.1 and will re-enact the experience we are used to seeing in windows with an improves, enhanced interface. It will be what windows 7 was to Vista. Microsoft will ever remain our beloved Desktop OS.
yeah u ar rite they are learning from their mistakes because user appeal of the windows 8 and 8.1 is low.so they want to combine 7 nd 8.1 to bring 9
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 13, 2014
funshyboi: are yu amazed ?
Abi nw, Microsoft wey get the XP self don disown am
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 13, 2014
just2endowed: I have three OS at the same time on my system. its tri-boot: window 8, window 7 and Ubuntu os.

yea I love all, and its cool to switch to the os I like to use for some reason. I use window 8 and 7 to browse and do other social thing. for Ubuntu, I use it each time I want to do online transaction coz of its security. kikikiki, Ubuntu is good for security reason coz malware or anything can't see what am doing. lol.

for me, I love all three. kikikiki

How did u configure ur Ubuntu to browse? biko tell me o
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by expensive007(m): 11:51am On Sep 13, 2014
Logo unveiled!

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by funshyboi(m): 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
shollynoob:
Abi nw, Microsoft wey get the XP self don disown am
and since its been acceptable by me nko
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by sonnie10: 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
dam007: Windows OS runs .exe app files.. Simply find G.chrome.exe, download and install.. In fact, switching from 7 to 8 is as easy as 123

Fruitless is the effort, when attempted. Howbeit other app. renders a barrier; Norton Security, thus I suspect. Alas, I gave up on this, maybe fire fox. But to no avail.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by just2endowed: 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
shollynoob:

How did u configure ur Ubuntu to browse? biko tell me o

Ubuntu is an operating system, just like ur window 7 or 8 os. so u need to partition ur HDD or install Ubuntu inside window 7, I repeat inside window 7.

if u are successful in installing Ubuntu os. when u boot ur system , u be prompt to start menu to choose the os u want. to me I always click Ubuntu coz its virus free. u can even plug in the power virus infected flash drive ,the thing go still open. go to unsecure site or torrent site.those virus will be looking like, where am I?lol

in all, Ubuntu is free and easy to install. go to Ubuntu.com and download the desktop version, or use torrent to download Ubuntu 12.0 iso
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by chalondk(m): 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
[quote author=honorbule][/quote]
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by emmatok(m): 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
oluafolabi: For those who prefer Windows(7, Vista, XP) to Windows 8 I have this to say to you; The 21st century illiterate is not one who cannot read or write but is the one who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.

You're wrong my friend, companies and individuals adopt technology that works for them.

Why do you think XP outshine Win Vista due to legacy support.

When Windows7 came with XP mode people embraced Win 7.

Windows 8 is less than three years old and MS is about killing it.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by abatically(m): 4:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
emmatok:

You're wrong my friend, companies and individuals adopt technology that works for them.

Why do you think XP outshine Win Vista due to legacy support.

When Windows7 came with XP mode people embraced Win 7.

Windows 8 is less than three years old and MS is about killing it.

At the bolded. May I remind u that windows 7 was released in 2009 while windows 8 was released in 2012. That is 3 years interval, same interval for windows 9 to succeed windows 8. So would u also say Microsoft killed windows 7 or that windows 7 was a flop because it only took 3 years to replace it with a better OS?

Let's face the fact, microsoft ain't ditching metro, so if u don't like windows 8.1, chances are u won't like windows 9 either start button or not. And don't expect the start button to be like windows 7. Windows 8.1 already has a start button which I don't even use.

3 Likes

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Fulaman198(m): 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
abatically:

At the bolded. May I remind u that windows 7 was released in 2009 while windows 8 was released in 2012. That is 3 years interval, same interval for windows 9 to succeed windows 8. So would u also say Microsoft killed windows 7 or that windows 7 was a flop because it only took 3 years to replace it with a better OS?

Let's face the fact, microsoft ain't ditching metro, so if u don't like windows 8.1, chances are u won't like windows 9 either start button or not. And don't expect the start button to be like windows 7. Windows 8.1 already has a start button which I don't even use.

Same here, people should learn to use the search function.

3 Likes

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by abatically(m): 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2014
Fulaman198:

Same here, people should learn to use the search function.

The start button alone makes windows 8 far better than windows 7. You can access everything with the search button.. isn't that wonderful, rather than navigating or using command prompt. You can even search ur music, videos, documents and downloads by just typing what u are looking for using the search button and pronto.. u get ur result plsu web search.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Fulaman198(m): 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
abatically:

The start button alone makes windows 8 far better than windows 7. You can access everything with the search button.. isn't that wonderful, rather than navigating or using command prompt.

I just think windows 8.1 is just fantastic. It's so well done that it ruins fluidly on systems like the Dell Venue Pro 8 without any hiccups. Mind you the Dell uses an Intel atom Z3740D processor.

On my Haswell core i5 with 128gb SSD, Windows 8.1 pro 64-bit boots up in 3 seconds. It really is well programmed and possibly the fastest OS out there.

3 Likes

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
funshyboi: and since its been acceptable by me nko

On Your Own
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
Fulaman198:

I just think windows 8.1 is just fantastic. It's so well done that it ruins fluidly on systems like the Dell Venue Pro 8 without any hiccups. Mind you the Dell uses an Intel atom Z3740D processor.

On my Haswell core i5 with 128gb SSD, Windows 8.1 pro 64-bit boots up in 3 seconds. It really is well programmed and possibly the fastest OS out there.

U n ur system na Bros

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
just2endowed:

Ubuntu is an operating system, just like ur window 7 or 8 os. so u need to partition ur HDD or install Ubuntu inside window 7, I repeat inside window 7.

if u are successful in installing Ubuntu os. when u boot ur system , u be prompt to start menu to choose the os u want. to me I always click Ubuntu coz its virus free. u can even plug in the power virus infected flash drive ,the thing go still open. go to unsecure site or torrent site.those virus will be looking like, where am I?lol

in all, Ubuntu is free and easy to install. go to Ubuntu.com and download the desktop version, or use torrent to download Ubuntu 12.0 iso

Yes I know, I once install it but I had issues getting the linux version driver for my modem. Did u do any configuration before u start browsing with it?
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by pimpc007(m): 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
abatically:
This is where u are wrong. 12% of total windows 8 users is a good number. You need to understand the OS is only 2 years old. Same thing happened when Microsoft released windows 7 back in 2009, then it was hard for people to shift from XP. But today windows 7 has the most users. corporate companies don't just change their OS anyhow.
Let me give u a good illustration using android. According to the figure below,

As u can see Android 4.1-4.3 jellybean has the largest distribution at 59.1%. This is a software that was released in 2012. The latest version android 4.4 kitkat has only 1.4%. Now tell me is android 4.1-4.3 jellybean better than android 4.4 kitkat? The answer is NO. As a software grows, the market share increases and this the case with windows 8.
Mobile OS even has an advantage here. Most people use their phones for only 1-2 years and then get a new phone that comes with the latest OS. This is not the case with computers. People use computers for 5 years plus before buying a new one. Lots of people don't bother upgrading their old laptops and this is why windows 7 still has the largest user. Trust me in a few years time the numbers will turn.

its not about time, if it were solely about how old the OS is, how do you explain the large adoption of W7 as compared to Vista?
Also, comparing phone OS adoption here is not really logical because phone OS upgrades have a very short life-span relative to PC upgrades (as a matter of fact I have used Android 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 in less than 12 months on the same phone). PC OSs take up to 4 years before new ones come out. Please explain to me why Vista had a relatively low adoption rate?

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by pimpc007(m): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
Even something as simple as shutting down Windows 8 is something you have to go to school for! That, my dear, is crappy.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
mindworx: No matter how beautiful your application is, No matter how geeky it feels, No matter how brilliant ... Once its not user-friendly .. forget it. When i say user-friendly .. am not separating mobile users from desktop users. That's where Windows 8 failed. Once users cannot easily learn it, you have just produced another application, not a product. We should know that our products are 90% consumed by non-technical people.

Who wants to go to Windows 8 school, when he has large chunks of financial or HR data to process ?
...but u once learnt Win95 at least I guess, Won't u do same for Win8?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Common Uses Of Function Keys F1 To F12 On Your Computer Keyboard / Over 100 Computer Keyboard Shortcuts!!! / Come for Laptop screen replacement in our Abuja and Lagos store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.