Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) (36587 Views)

Lagos police arrests gangsters, murderers & armed robbers / Police Kill 5 Armed Robbers, Arrest 1 In Fierce Gun Battle In Lekki, Lagos / Robbers Write Residents ‘we Are Coming For You’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by Fourwinds: 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
I'm expecting dem in my area. stupid nonsense. lazy people. remember ur end is near
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
Love Letter![color=#770077][/color][b][/b]
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by Alpha1obischizo(m): 7:31pm On Sep 12, 2014
Fucking Armed Robbers....
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by 100Cents: 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
franzis: Residents in some streets in the Palmgroove area of Lagos are currently living in fear after receiving a letter from armed robbers who said they are coming soon to raid them. (copy of the purported letter above). The letter which was sent to five different streets on Saturday September 6th, reads in part;
"Beware of the coming! Be on the look out in this area. Property owners are coming anytime from now. The gate men you have are not our problem. Our problem is how many resources do you have for us? August visitor must visit whether you like it or not. So expect August visitor when you did not expect. Surely August visitor shall visit just like the second coming of Jesus. It is turn by turn."In the last line of the letter which is not clear, the armed robbers listed names of the street they plan to attack. They are Oseni street, Nkanna street, Odogbolu street, Ibiwoye Oba and Bode Thomas street.
Some residents in the area immediately contacted police and they sent some of their men to guard the streets for a few hours yesterday. The residents say they are so scared.

They have nothing to fear.

As usual, the police public relation is ontop of the matter.
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by Alpha1obischizo(m): 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
sexymoma: I was born and bred in palmgroove.. so e don tey wey dem don dey write such things. grin
I could remember vividly when dey wrote letter to us den.. We slept in our church for some weeks grin
Say God
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hmmm most times they send this type of letter to streets,it is basically cos the vigilantes want extra attention or a pay rise,letters are mostly written by the vigilantes if the environment are not taking them as seriously as before
Nigerians and their expensive jokes
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by zurine(f): 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
hmm
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2014
dfav:

cos some of the so called security men re indirect members of the gang...

Jasiii,if the letter is neglected,they now invite their gangs to operate so next time dey take dem serious.the occupants ofthe affore mentioned neighbourhood should try and arrange with the nearest police station for policemen to guard the neighbourhood for a period of 6mths abi is Police not our friend anymore,I'm sure this medium will teach the vigilantes to deciet from writing such letters as the police will be collecting the tips they used to give the vigilantes and tighten things for dem so dey learn not to write such letters anymore.but where u wan see police guard area for 6mths when they are not bribed millions .what a shame,this countries security is a total mess.
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
dfav:

cos some of the so called security men re indirect members of the gang...

Jasiii,if the letter is neglected,they now invite their gangs to operate so next time dey take dem serious.the occupants ofthe affore mentioned neighbourhood should try and arrange with the nearest police station for policemen to guard the neighbourhood for a period of 6mths abi is Police not our friend anymore,I'm sure this medium will teach the vigilantes to desistt from writing such letters as the police will be collecting the tips they used to give the vigilantes and tighten things for dem so dey learn not to write such letters anymore.but where u wan see police guard area for 6mths when they are not bribed millions .what a shame,this countries security is a total mess.
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
The residents would be better off if they buy guns and defend themselves..... Why should they cower in fear and watch thieves kill, steal and molest their wives?

You are legally allowed to hold a gun in Nigeria if you have the license.. They should arm themselves and practice some coordinated military tactics.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
That's y u need dogs rather than vigilantes for security.I can't imagine any armed robber with guts to scale a fence where there are 4 rottweillers on guard,u just take fate and move to the next unprotected building else u loose some members of ur gang
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
oboman: The residents would be better off if they buy guns and defend themselves..... Why should they cower in fear and watch thieves kill, steal and molest their wives?

You are legally allowed to hold a gun in Nigeria if you have the license.. They should arm themselves and practice some coordinated military tactics.

A man I know in the lawanson area of surulere once tried such stunts,and killed one of the gang,believe me he never lived peacefully in the house ever after,he 1st relocated his family,as they kept coming back for him until he got tired and sold the property.
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
guess they are coming to steal ponmo
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
BOUNTYDOG:

A man I know in the lawanson area of surulere once tried such stunts,and killed one of the gang,believe me he never lived peacefully in the house ever after,he 1st relocated his family,as they kept coming back for him until he got tired and sold the property.

What are the alternatives?
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by nikkyshyne(f): 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
Jesuspistol: Who did they hand the letter over to. Who collected the letter in each street...that's the 1st suspect.

Or if posted as a bill, were d streets so silent that not even the security men could notice?
It was placed at selected car wipers. I have a friend who live on one of those streets. He was also informed such has been done before and they made good of that threat.
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by bamto(m): 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
Conspiracy theory: some guys stumbled on a nairaland thread of some Nigerian guy that marketed himself for some marketing job abroad. They went ahead to cook this scare thrash up. They actually need some local vigilante job in that neigbourhood. grin
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by keandre: 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
BOUNTYDOG: That's y u need dogs rather than vigilantes for security.I can't imagine any armed robber with guts to scale a fence where there are 4 rottweillers on guard,u just take fate and move to the next unprotected building else u loose some members of ur gang

u no knw say dem dey poison dogs?
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by Unclerukus: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
This is not a new thing, I experienced the same thing thrice like 16 years ago when I was still living at akowonjo,they write to the CDA. This kind of robbers are well drilled and equipped and they move in large numbers ransacking house by house,they'll swat the police vans like small pesky housflies.The best thing for the residents is too go on vacation and the ones that can't go should keep a substantial amount of money for them,if you happen to have beautiful wives and daughters,send them on vacation, during my experience its best you do those things because the police always arrived like 5-10 minutes after they've finished their operations. They wrote the letter so the residents can prepare their starsh ready when they arrive, failure to comply will definitely result to story that touches....they are daredevil robbers

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by adegwurulez(m): 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
LordMecuzy:

Where in makurdi are u?
Lemme give u some Beer at Jackies 2nyt
lol... thanks, i don't drink beer.
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by Daniel058(m): 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
the Armed-Robbers Association. While the Police continues to investigate the matter, the judiciary waits for them to arrest the culprits, so that they can be brought to book!

Hehehe. Boko comes to my mind cheesy
Sorry, we don't take the bull by the horn in my country.[/quote] hehehehehehe! the Armed-Robbers Association [ARA] WHICH means madness in Igbo...
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
Wait oo...u know what. what if they sent that to divert the police to push their men to that area so that they can successfully rob another area not listed in that letter!
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
keandre:

u no knw say dem dey poison dogs?

A well trained dog will not eat any strange thing especially when under duress,meanwhile rottweillers will not bark cowardly to alert when they are loose,they rather stay flat on the ground like a bat,queitly @ a spot they are familiar wit where they can get the glimpse of the whole compund,they only bark when you have noticed dem and going back. Get 4 good rottweillers and sleep soundlessly.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by MillerHenry(m): 11:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
E dun reach wen govt go mk evri citizens in Naija 2 gt family GUN @ least we all go dey fear each oda nd not diz threats nd intimidation evriday 4rm Boko nd Robbers here nd dere.[color=#990000][/color] tongue

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by RebelLeader15(m): 11:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
MissBritney: Ridiculous.
bby, this post isn't ridiculousing anything rather it has been beremed.

Anyway, Happy robberation in advance to people residing in Palmgroove.

Sleeping with one eye closed, Na Sambisagroove I dey
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 13, 2014
this is why Nigerian Govt should allow us to easily buy pump action shot gun and put in our homes... if every man has a pump action shot gun in palmgroove, you think these bastards would be so confident
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by HoneySwag(f): 7:45am On Sep 13, 2014
Hmmm these are criminals in d highest order n security in Nigeria isn't tight...they've given notice and will surely come but when you least expected. I pray that the earth of those streets swallow them up whenever they want to carry out their operation
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by newspapers: 8:44am On Sep 13, 2014
Dreyl: Hehehehehehe
End time message gringrin

HAHAhahahaha... Message of Doom. Was Laughing when i saw the news on http://www.divanaija.com.ng/armed-robbers-sent-day-robbery-palm-groove/

This is so funny "Coming of Christ?"
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by lastpage: 9:48am On Sep 13, 2014
teeowl: this is why Nigerian Govt should allow us to easily buy pump action shot gun and put in our homes... if every man has a pump action shot gun in palmgroove, you think these bastards would be so confident

The Govt will not allow citizens to protect themselves (since the Govt has failed in this responsibility it owes citizens) .. because the Govt is the greatest oppressor of the citizens and does not want them to be able to defend themselves!

Same reason they have always prevented military (or even para-military) training for NYSC members! undecided undecided

Just imagine if citizens are allowed owned their own GUNS.... and some stewpid Policeman comes to your neck of woods to do "illegal raiding"?

It will be a case of bullet-for-bullet .. and they know this.

Those at the "top" own guns or can hire "armed" private security but they prefer the common man to be at the mercy of armed robbers!
That is how wicked, the kind of government we operate in Nigeria.

Lastpage!
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by Jonzingmaster(m): 9:50am On Sep 13, 2014
This was DERICO NWA MAMA pattern...then Onitsha was no-go area.
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by jsunex(m): 3:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
Oga oo
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by junell(f): 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
Na wa ooo. the best they could do at least is to draft a legible letter. Jesus will soon come like they said, na dat time e go clear for their eye!
Re: Armed Robbers Write Letter To Streets In Palmgroove (See Letter) by oderemo(m): 8:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
junell: Na wa ooo. the best they could do at least is to draft a legible letter. Jesus will soon come like they said, na dat time e go clear for their eye!
Y wait for Jesus when armed robber fit sent man pikin go meet Jesus
Chap chap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Malawian Cheating Wife Burns Hubby With Petrol After He Caught Her Cheating / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Many In Benue (Graphic Photos) / 15-Year-Old Secondary School Student Rapes 14-Year-Old Schoolmate In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.