Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (536425 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Pasca07: 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
Pasca07:
the person must authenticate his /her certificate at ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education the person can now proceed to vsf office for apostille seal.mind u if it is masters program that person must go to the school the person graduated from and get a recommendation letter from dean of his/her faculty then he must also have affidavit prove of graduation which can be done at federal high Court then proceed to vsf office with 2 coloured copy of international passport.you pay 2k for transcript and 2k for bsc certificate u get ur apostile seal documents within two business days
pls read this kcluv2men I think it will be helpful
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 8:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
Pasca07:
pls read this kcluv2men I think it will be helpful
Thanks so much buddy.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
BREAKING NEWS: This is to inform all well meaning and law abiding citizens of Nigeria to stay calm and relax as the president had set up adhoc committee to look for the moon that had been stolen. He however stress the need for cooperation from all citizens as to the were about of the moon as any one with useful information and refuse to talk will be clamp down by efcc and sss. If you see any thing that resembles moon even in the cartoon network, you are to report such to the Dasuki and fayose investigating committee. Failure to do that will lead to endless holiday as the price for Nigeria to pay.
Sign by JUGREENCY, HEAD OF COMMITTEE ON MOON FINDING.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by paddymoore2000: 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
Acadollar!
Is there any place for me at d undergraduate level, even the language courses or better at the Msc level? Reason is; am 42years and hold just HND in computer scinece. I wish to settle in S. Korea after studies. Also, is HND valid for MSc direct admission without PGD, be it in Theology on English language MA.
Please, what's your advice?
Thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by milkydaddy(m): 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dear Nairalanders,
To whom it may concerned.The infomation I got frm a liable source(staff) from The Ministry of Foreign Affairs now is that,unlike the formal way of paying 1000naira per copy being original or photocopy of your documents for legalisation.The FG had intrduced a compulsory TSA whch is in form of REMEDIAL payment.You are to pay 300naira per copy of ur docs as it is done @ Federal Ministry of Education,and u are to wait for additional 1week after d submission.This is d new policy @ the agency now.
Though,if u stil need express work,they wil stil charge u the 1k per copy being original or photocopy as usual.
NOTE:Ensure you are loaded while travelling to Abj for authenticatn and Legalisation of ur Docs nw

Says Don milky

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
ALWAYS ENCOURAGE YOUR AELF WITH THIS AND TRY NOT TO GIVE UP

Visa rules eased for foreign graduates
음성듣기
By Jung Min-ho

The Ministry of Justice eased visa restrictions Tuesday for foreigners with a Korean college degree in an effort to keep more international talent in the country.

The policy change will enable foreigners who have earned bachelor’s or higher degrees in Korea to get an E-7 (designated activities) visa, even if what they do in the workplace is unrelated to their major. Previously, that relevancy was required.

A GPA of at least 3.0, a national certificate and recommendations of professors are no longer required from foreigners to apply for a D-10 (job seeking) visa.

Also, the length of stay for D-10 visa holders has been extended from one to two years.

Meanwhile, obtaining permanent residency in Korea has become easier.

Foreigners who received their bachelor’s degree in science or engineering in Korea are now eligible to get permanent residency if they lived here for more than three years and their annual salary is higher than Korea’s per capita gross national income (GNI). In 2013, that was $26,205.

Previously, the opportunity for permanent residency was limited to foreigners that studied one of only nine programs in college ― IT, technology management, nanotechnology, digital electronics, biotechnology, transport, new material, environment and energy.

Those who earned their master’s or a higher degree in Korea are eligible to get permanent residency regardless of their majors, if they lived in Korea more than three years and their annual salary is higher than the GNI per capita.

The D-9 (international trading) visas will be issued for foreigners that invested more than 100 million won ($91,000) into Korea as long as they have a master’s or higher degree from here.

Degree-seeking students in their master’s or doctor’s program are now allowed to bring two of their immediate family members or spouse to Korea after the first six months.

The number of foreign students in Korea has increased to 86,410 in 2014, a 6.7 percent increase from 80,985 in 2009.

“We expect more foreign talent to help boost the economy,” a ministry official said.

As part of its efforts to tackle the nation’s declining labor force, the ministry is expected to continue to open more doors for foreign talent.

In December, the government said it also plans to relax the current points-based system to give permanent residency to more talented foreign workers.

As the nation’s birth rate remains stubbornly low at 1.19 children per woman, many concerns have been raised that it could seriously erode the national economy’s growth potential. The rate is one of the lowest in the world, along with Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau and Singapore.

The government believes that the working age population is 73 percent of the nation’s total this year ― the highest rate ever, but it is expected to decrease from 2017.

If the government’s efforts to boost the birth rate continue to be futile, many experts say that the only other way to keep the country afloat is attracting more foreign talent.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
paddymoore2000:
Acadollar!
Is there any place for me at d undergraduate level, even the language courses or better at the Msc level? Reason is; am 42years and hold just HND in computer scinece. I wish to settle in S. Korea after studies. Also, is HND valid for MSc direct admission without PGD, be it in Theology on English language MA.
Please, what's your advice?
Thanks
You can get direct admission for Masters, thats ure best bet.
Pm me if u need any more info
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by dearele: 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
currently i am in Korea, i came with a business visa for 30days. I need help as quickly as anybody here can help me.I wish to remain here in south korea and study even after the language school. I don't know how possible it is as my 30days is almost half.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by dearele: 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
acadollar:

You can get direct admission for Masters, thats ure best bet.
Pm me if u need any more info

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 2:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
dearele:
currently i am in Korea, i came with a business visa for 30days. I need help as quickly as anybody here can help me. How can i enrol for language school or best for my masters, i am a graduate of EE from a reputable university in Nigeria. I wish to remain here in south korea and study even after the language school. I don't know how possible it is as my 30days is almost half. PLEASE HELP send to my private email 2carlos.rossi at gmail dot com
If ure here on a business visa and want to change it, obviously its an abuse of visa.
My hand no dey, u should have plans b4 now

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mrphilipsade(m): 3:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Please house I intend to go to Immigration office and apply for a passport. Do I just go ahead and apply online via their website?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
mrphilipsade:
Please house I intend to go to Immigration office and apply for a passport. Do I just go ahead and apply online via their website?
Oga nor try an o. U go wait till the beautiful one will now be born.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
dearele:
currently i am in Korea, i came with a business visa for 30days. I need help as quickly as anybody here can help me. How can i enrol for language school or best for my masters, i am a graduate of EE from a reputable university in Nigeria. I wish to remain here in south korea and study even after the language school. I don't know how possible it is as my 30days is almost half. PLEASE HELP send to my private email 2carlos.rossi at gmail dot com
Happy doing business my brother, Buhari need u to come back, so come back home. You should have read this thread before the venture. Try and come back so that your ticket nor go expire

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mrphilipsade(m): 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
jugreency3:

Oga nor try an o. U go wait till the beautiful one will now be born.
Lolzz. I nearly did oo... Thank God I dint complete it. Thank you jare

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by vkonkwo: 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
kcluv2men:

Thanks so much buddy.

Bro how far have u gone with the legalisation.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2016
vkonkwo:

Bro how far have u gone with the legalisation.
I'm still in abuja, i would collect my legalized documents on Monday. The holiday affected me real bad. By the grace of God, would proceed to the embassy on Monday. I hope i get that done asap as time isn't on my side again. How about you? What's the latest?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by vkonkwo: 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
kcluv2men:

I'm still in abuja, i would collect my legalized documents on Monday. The holiday affected me real bad. By the grace of God, would proceed to the embassy on Monday. I hope i get that done asap as time isn't on my side again. How about you? What's the latest?

Hoping to get admission letter next week by God grace.

Wish u all d best
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2016
vkonkwo:

Hoping to get admission letter next week by God grace.
Wish u all d best
Thanks bud and you too. Where would you be in south korea?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by unclephilio123(m): 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
milkydaddy:
Dear Nairalanders,
To whom it may concerned.The infomation I got frm a liable source(staff) from The Ministry of Foreign Affairs now is that,unlike the formal way of paying 1000naira per copy being original or photocopy of your documents for legalisation.The FG had intrduced a compulsory TSA whch is in form of REMEDIAL payment.You are to pay 300naira per copy of ur docs as it is done @ Federal Ministry of Education,and u are to wait for additional 1week after d submission.This is d new policy @ the agency now.
Though,if u stil need express work,they wil stil charge u the 1k per copy being original or photocopy as usual.
NOTE:Ensure you are loaded while travelling to Abj for authenticatn and Legalisation of ur Docs nw

Says Don milky
Sir,I'm highly indebted to you.I don't knw we stil have a straight forward, humble,meek,cool headed person like you in this country?U are just a blessing to this generation we are.I called you yestade to break the goodnews to you,but your number rang and unfortunately u didn't pick your calls.
Thanks so much I hav gotten my admission letter from hayang hee university.Ur advises are so helpful.Now I know u are a Don indeed.Lolz
Guys,I wil advise us to emulate his good work.
Sir!I salute u.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 8:29pm On Jul 09, 2016
unclephilio123:
Sir,I'm highly indebted to you.I don't knw we stil have a straight forward, humble,meek,cool headed person like you in this country?U are just a blessing to this generation we are.I called you yestade to break the goodnews to you,but your number rang and unfortunately u didn't pick your calls.
Thanks so much I hav gotten my admission letter from hayang hee university.Ur advises are so helpful.Now I know u are a Don indeed.Lolz
Sir!I salute u.
Are u here to thank him for ur private discussion with him or u are here to tell us how u get your admission
letter so that those be waiting can be encourage? Which of the good work are u saying we should emulate when we don't even know what he did for u?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by streetlight: 7:52am On Jul 10, 2016
You did tell us how you got the business Visa..some of us would like to know..
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by streetlight: 8:00am On Jul 10, 2016
Am new here, please how do I contact Naira land members direct here?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 8:55am On Jul 10, 2016
unclephilio123:
Sir!I salute u.
Why not Thank him in the secret? - - - - - - besides what course were you offered?

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 12:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
required documents for D-2 VISA. (BACHELOR, MASTERS, DOCTORATE)

<Documents to be prepared and submitted by visa applicants>
1. Properly filled visa application form (with one passport photograph attached)
2. International passport (with a photocopy of data page)
3. Study plan
4. Photocopy of National ID card/Drivers license/Voters card/Work ID/Student ID (Original ID Card will be checked)
5. Originals and photocopies of latest academic certificates and results
i. Affidavit proving your graduation
ii. Notarization of certificate and affidavit from MFA
iii. Official letter issued and stamped by Dean (including contact number)
6. Personal bank account statement (at least for a period of 3 months and issued within 14days)
- proving applicant’s financial ability to support him/herself (tuition fee and finance for stay for the period of study)
7. AFFIDAVIT proving your family relations when submitting parents’ bank accounts
(Original copy / the document must indicate English spelling of applicant’s parents’ names)
8. Flight booking information
<Documents to be prepared by inviters and submitted by visa applicants
1. Standard acceptance letter (with a photocopy of data page)
2. Photocopy of business registration Certificate of a respective education institute

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Enixbaby: 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
jugreency3:

required documents for D-2 VISA. (BACHELOR, MASTERS, DOCTORATE)

<Documents to be prepared and submitted by visa applicants>
1. Properly filled visa application form (with one passport photograph attached)
2. International passport (with a photocopy of data page)
3. Study plan
4. Photocopy of National ID card/Drivers license/Voters card/Work ID/Student ID (Original ID Card will be checked)
5. Originals and photocopies of latest academic certificates and results
i. Affidavit proving your graduation
ii. Notarization of certificate and affidavit from MFA
iii. Official letter issued and stamped by Dean (including contact number)
6. Personal bank account statement (at least for a period of 3 months and issued within 14days)
- proving applicant’s financial ability to support him/herself (tuition fee and finance for stay for the period of study)
7. AFFIDAVIT proving your family relations when submitting parents’ bank accounts
(Original copy / the document must indicate English spelling of applicant’s parents’ names)
8. Flight booking information
<Documents to be prepared by inviters and submitted by visa applicants
1. Standard acceptance letter (with a photocopy of data page)
2. Photocopy of business registration Certificate of a respective education institute
All the gurus in thr house, from what jugreency3 posted, there is no employment letter there. Any need to add employment letter?
Secondly, if i dont have employment letter but i have certificate of incorporation, can i add that one without tax clearance because i don't have tax clearance yet. Accadola and the other dons, please help out
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by milkydaddy(m): 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
unclephilio123:
Sir!I salute u.
Hey Bro,i'm happy for you.But my believe is that,whatever a man does in life,posterity is always there to judge.You cannot attain anything in life without an helper of destiny.I'm what i am today with the help of someone.God is the only one who can pay me my rewards.So i don't see any reason you should come on air to thank me publicly,i'm the type who hates his trumpet blown.If i failed to do that someone else wil get it done for you.Above all give thanks to God almighty who made everything work fine

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by milkydaddy(m): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
Enixbaby:

All the gurus in thr house, from what jugreency3 posted, there is no employment letter there. Any need to add employment letter?
Secondly, if i dont have employment letter but i have certificate of incorporation, can i add that one without tax clearance because i don't have tax clearance yet. Accadola and the other dons, please help out
I wonder why some people do give themselves troubles.Out of thousands of schools in korea,that have simple admission requirement policies u went ahead and chose the one with big demands.
Guy wakeup and choose another schl with little demand.

Says Don milky

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by BlackPencil001(m): 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
I'm a silient reader of this thread,I started following this thread since last year December.I have a reason for not be a member til I joined today,I really commend the wrk Acadollar is doing here,as well as d helpful hints given recently by milkydaddy which really gingered me up.The guy is too much.I also commend every1 here.To d gurus in d house kindly help me out,there is something I don't understand abt d issue of family certs.How/where can I get it done?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Pasca07: 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
milkydaddy:
I wonder why some people do give themselves troubles.Out of thousands of schools in korea,that have simple admission requirement policies u went ahead and chose the one with big demands.

Says Don milky
is it a joke or something? are u sure you read what enixbaby wrote? she was the referring to visa application requirements u are here talking about getting admission....
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kcluv2men(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
BlackPencil001:
I'm a silient reader of this thread,I started following this thread since last year December.I have a reason for not be a member til I joined today,I really commend the wrk Acadollar is doing here,as well as d helpful hints given recently by milkydaddy which really gingered me up.The guy is too much.I also commend every1 here.To d gurus in d house kindly help me out,there is something I don't understand abt d issue of family certs.How/where can I get it done?
You can get it done in a court be it a magistrate or high court. Just swear an affidavit of fact listing your parents and siblings. What school are you applying to?

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Enixbaby: 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
milkydaddy:

Says Don milky
Please sir what do u mean? And respond to my request please
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Enixbaby: 8:46am On Jul 12, 2016
milkydaddy:

Says Don milky
If u know that you can not respond to issue well then is better u don't just post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.