Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria (19686 Views)

The Ijaws That I Know / Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) / Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
tonte: I hope so as well, I've always almost only known myself as a Kalabari person, and just only during the 2006 militancy crisis that I could identify myself as Ijaw, and that was the only time I ever saw the Ijaw nation from delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, and Ondo agree on a point and act as one...Long live the ijaw nation

its so bad br. Anyway, I Àm trying to come up with a proposal which I will send to INC, IYÇ and ÍPÀ that bothe®s oÑ the Ijaw Nation and ways forward.
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by GooseBaba: 12:05am On Sep 15, 2014
macof:

wats this Igbo aren't dominant in delta or rivers.

And they wonder why people do not trust them with power. Making claims that are not factual, but calling facts propaganda... Smh.

1 Like

Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: here comes the bitter igbo man!!! I keep telling you all to refrain from this insanity

Bitter about what dude? Aren't you the one reflecting your bitterness and insanity? Your outburst is unwarranted!
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by emmysoftyou: 12:29am On Sep 15, 2014
GooseBaba:

And they wonder why people do not trust them with power. Making claims that are not factual, but calling facts propaganda... Smh.

u re toking trash..izon boi
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by emmysoftyou: 12:35am On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: clown
you re the ignoramus clown here,dont let an opobo man hear this dude.
pazienza has educate u guys a lot...
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by ibiso1986: 12:59am On Sep 15, 2014
maki: Proudly Kalabari, Proudly Ijaw....
sister, tobra
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by GooseBaba: 1:06am On Sep 15, 2014
emmysoftyou: u re toking trash..izon boi

Who be this dead body, abeg stay your corner with your nauseating stench.... Olofo...!
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by ibiso1986: 1:09am On Sep 15, 2014
Ijaw(kalabari) language being spoken in Guyana.. Though nearly extinct. Click on this link 4 the video en.savefrom.net/#url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=5PH1TvEE8Vw&itct=CDcQpDAYACITCMTlt4724cACFUPdwgodLjsA_1IWYmVyYmljZSBkdXRjaCBsYW5ndWFnZQ%3D%3D&client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en&utm_source=youtube.com&utm_medium=short_domains&utm_campaign=ssyoutube.com. Save by clicking Mp4 format on the right hand side of the page

1 Like

Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by ibiso1986: 1:11am On Sep 15, 2014
emmykk: Rivers state is ijaw dominated,i wonder why ameachi is supporting Northern APC candidature to win rivers state.

Greater wonder is how the ogoni with the support of ameachi will win rivers Gov with dominated ijaw. Time shall tell.
me sef tire 4 d matter
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by ibiso1986: 1:13am On Sep 15, 2014
asamaigho:

sharrap ur dirty mouth...... the ITSEKIRIS ARE light years ahead of illiterate ijaws....in all ramifications
not the kalabaris my man..
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by ibiso1986: 1:18am On Sep 15, 2014
Ikwerreboy:

See you. Are the ijaws in rivers state more populated than the ikwerres? The ans is NO.
It was before when bayelsa state was with rivers state the ikwerres were seen as one of the minority in rivers state.
But now we are 40%-45% of rivers state population with 4 local govt areas.
Any candidate Ikwerre pple acept 4 governorship/Presidential election done win.
If ikwerre pple dom Goodluck Jonathan, he will probably loose in rivers state.
Supervising minister of education nyesom wike get courage to contest for Governor because in from Ikwerre.
That why amaechi is going about telling other ethnic group that they should not allow an ikwerre become the gov after him who is an ikwerre man. or else only the ikwerres will continue to be governor in rivers state because of there population. That it is only him(Gov amaechi) that can kick against that if they all join hands with him and vote in someone from another ethnic group in rivers state probably from A.P.C

Were the ijaws own population is in bayelsa and dellta.
guy, ikwerri plenty but when u combine all the ijaw tribes in Rivers state, the case will be different. Most ikwerri villages are occupied by non indigenes.. If u want to see more of the Ijaws, go to Abuloma, Old portharcourt township, Borokiri etc.
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by ibiso1986: 1:30am On Sep 15, 2014
tonte: anyway, I'm Kalabari, and for a long time I've heard arguments and counter arguments that either Kalabari's are not Ijaw, or Kalabari's are the real Ijaws...but either ways, I'm so proud of my heritage, history and ancestry...we all about Love, Peace and all out enjoyment for any kind of celebration, birthdays, Marriages, funerals, even celebrations that are uncalled for like "Go to Niger" (that's a carnival that celebrates the anniversary of our defeat to the Nigerian forces during the civil war) I always wondered why that was celebrated with so much crowd and funfare...we sure do not like to be cheated or marginalised out of what we think should be our rights( which should explain the Asari Dokubo led uprising in 2006), we have a very beautiful diverse choice of tasty sea food, as well as very lovely women, examples are Agbani Darego and Damiete Charles-Granville, who were beauty queens.... I wish I could host maybe 1 or 2 nairalanders from the north and Southwest for a chirstmas week, so you guys should know that there really is no party like a Kalabari party in Nigeria...okay I think I have talked too much bye bye
good one brother
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by Ranchhoddas: 5:44am On Sep 15, 2014
abelbriggs:
Sure?
sure.
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by Henryjr(m): 7:41am On Sep 15, 2014
Haa Ijaw! am proud of my tribe. those who know us cnt deny d fact that we are interesting......

1 Like

Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by emmysoftyou: 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
GooseBaba:

Who be this dead body, abeg stay your corner with your nauseating stench.... Olofo...!
if u no want learn frm pazienza then u be greatest mugu to utter dat word,go do more research and be more civilise,than speaking frm ur dead brain,guy use ur sense b4 u say sth publicly.than be senseless....
deadbody.ekwi kwi lik u
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
urhoboman: Urhoboman, present#
I thought ijaw is a deltan tribe. How dem take stretch leg reach rivers?

na so dem tel u? No be only delta. By history ehn, ijaw cover d whole niger delta. Frm edo to delta, to rivers, even go reach congo and ghana self.
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by GooseBaba: 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
emmysoftyou: if u no want learn frm pazienza then u be greatest mugu to utter dat word,go do more research and be more civilise,than speaking frm ur dead brain,guy use ur sense b4 u say sth publicly.than be senseless....
deadbody.ekwi kwi lik u

Commot from here you dey smell....

The eediot talks about being civilized but ignorant about his reply to my response that his dead and rotten brain quoted..

Guy remain silent.... You this glorified dead body...

1 Like

Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by macof(m): 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
Ijaw people pls chk this out

www.kwekudee-tripdownmemorylane..com.es/2013/02/ijaw-people-nigerias-aboriginal-water.html?m=1

was Oru or Kumoni ever used to describe the any group in d ijaw area?
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by asamaigho(m): 7:20am On Sep 16, 2014
mrgreen4real:
The Itsekiris I have as friendz are foolish pple

an ITSEKIRI MAN will not stoop so low to hav an ijaw man as friend....nobles dont mix with laymen...the relationship of a master and servant is known to all.
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by UnknownT: 9:12am On Sep 16, 2014
asamaigho:

an ITSEKIRI MAN will not stoop so low to hav an ijaw man as friend....nobles dont mix with laymen...the relationship of a master and servant is known to all.
This is the kind of orientation Hitler had before he started killing the jews.
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by ijawcitizen(m): 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
asamaigho:

All thru' the inglorious origin and pathetic history of the tiny itsekiri nation, you can not name one Ijaw man who was a slave to a poor settler itsekiri, european traders butt lickers. Yet ur founder Ginuwa was rescued from Bini onslaught by an Ijaw; king Ogirijoka who also sheltered him and Gave Him and his entourage free wives. poor ginuwa was too poor to care for his Ijaw wife so he killed her and escaped to ilaje territory. i don't wanna type ur entire history here, so shut that gutter u call a mouth up!
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
ijawcitizen: All thru' the inglorious origin and pathetic history of the tiny itsekiri nation, you can not name one Ijaw man who was a slave to a poor settler itsekiri, european traders butt lickers. Yet ur founder Ginuwa was rescued from Bini onslaught by an Ijaw; king Ogirijoka who also sheltered him and Gave Him and his entourage free wives. poor ginuwa was too poor to care for his Ijaw wife so he killed her and escaped to ilaje territory. i don't wanna type ur entire history here, so shut that gutter u call a mouth up!
asamaigho:

And what is the Ijaw/Itsekiri eFight?
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by Favouritegirl1(f): 8:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
omonuan:

You are wrong too. In the south south, the Igbo are the number one group. Forget the propaganda. Igbo is the only tribe native to all the Niger delta states and are dominant in Rivers and Delta states. Starting from Igbanke, Inyele, Ekpon in Edo state to the nine Anioma Local government areas in Delta to Ndoni, Ahoada, Ogba and Ikwerre people in Rivers, the Igbo predominate. I am a Niger Delta Igbo and proud of it!

The Efik/Ibibio/Anang/oron may be next before the Ijaws who have some how succeeded in making people think the Niger Delta is .synonymous with Ijaw.
U more wrong my friend..d delta igbos re jst an attachment to delta state who will soon be given their state. In d niger delta geo-political zone izons nd all her children is d number 1 tribe. U ve nt even called awka- ibom nd cross river people u re calling delta igbo..Do ur research pls
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by shota(m): 2:49am On Sep 17, 2014
asamaigho:

Bros, The Itshekiris we knew when we were kids in Rivers State were Timber log dwellers. Those people who live on floating timber that our parents bought timber from.. We used to think they were sub humans. If you don't know ask every Rivers person. We Ijaws used to buy timber from them bro so I wonder which Itshekiri you are on about ? Apart from those Timber Itshekiris I 've not even seen any Itshekiri before or heard of any before so shut up.
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by shota(m): 2:53am On Sep 17, 2014
macof: Ijaw people pls chk this out

www.kwekudee-tripdownmemorylane..com.es/2013/02/ijaw-people-nigerias-aboriginal-water.html?m=1

was Oru or Kumoni ever used to describe the any group in d ijaw area?

All the Kalabari Ijaws are Oru Ijaw.. We are the Oru kuro Apu which means people of Oru . All our ancient towns start with Oru such as Oru abalama, Oru Sangama , Orupiri and we have names like Oruwari, Orubibi ( Orubebe ) and so on.
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by shota(m): 2:57am On Sep 17, 2014
Henryjr: Haa Ijaw! am proud of my tribe. those who know us cnt deny d fact that we are interesting......

Kalabari, Okrika, Ibani are 100% Ijaw and perhaps even more Ijaw than many parts of Bayelsa. They are mostly ORU Ijaws . I am a proud Ijaw from Kalabari kingdom .
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by shota(m): 3:04am On Sep 17, 2014
The problem with the tiny Itshekiri people is their ignorance. They are not even as big as Okrika Ijaws and not even as developed and civilized as any Ijaw group in Rivers state so why do they always want to bash Ijaw people ? Little about them was known even in the colonial days. They made no history and were not even mentioned in the history of the NIGER DELTA trading states. They were naked when Ijaws wore cloths and were already carving canoes. Are the Itshekiris comparable to the KALABARI Ijaws or Ibani Ijaws ? They speak Ijaw formed Pidgin English and imbibe Ijaw culture yet they think big of themselves. Silly.
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by asamaigho(m): 7:36am On Sep 17, 2014
shota:

Bros, The Itshekiris we knew when we were kids in Rivers State were Timber log dwellers. Those people who live on floating timber that our parents bought timber from.. We used to think they were sub humans. If you don't know ask every Rivers person. We Ijaws used to buy timber from them bro so I wonder which Itshekiri you are on about ? Apart from those Timber Itshekiris I 've not even seen any Itshekiri before or heard of any before so shut up.
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by asamaigho(m): 10:26am On Sep 17, 2014
shota:

anoda ijaw rat spewing trash....
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by asamaigho(m): 10:31am On Sep 17, 2014
shota:

anoda ijaw E rat spewing trash.... hahahaha did u just say an itsekiri man felling timber in river state?...no wonder d ijaws are synonimous wit CLUELESSNESS..
Re: An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 17, 2014
shota:

Kalabari, Okrika, Ibani are 100% Ijaw and perhaps even more Ijaw than many parts of Bayelsa. They are mostly ORU Ijaws . I am a proud Ijaw from Kalabari kingdom .
Senibo, may God bless you!!!
Proudly Okrika
Proudly Ijaw

#Representing from the city of Lagos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Facebook User Lashes Out At People Who Condemn Rites Done By Ooni's Queen / Original Hausa Names And Thier Meanings / Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.