Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,251 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova (32129 Views)

Unizik Loses 500Level Medical Student To Death After Gas Explosion / Trailer Crushes LAUTECH Student To Death (Graphic Photos) / See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by naijamustsweet: 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
nuttyhnic:

I would not, I would not!!!
Entire Bu11sh1t.

Will they treat an European, American or even someone from Cuba or chile like that?

If I were to be that 17 year old, that Egyptian airline staff that came to meet me at Lagos airport and talked rudely to my mother, I would have showed him in 1mins how I was treated in his country for days. angry
If you go to buy a ticket for Kano but issued ticket reading Kaduna and you allow yourself to be convinced that it is the same thing, then you are not yet matured for air travel.
Petitioner mentioned that the error was observed before leaving but because they lacked the patience for the return of Nzan who stepped out, this is the result.
Also for those who continually deride their govt and country on social media be prepared to receive more of such treatments if we do not change our ways.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by GANDALF1(m): 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2014
CityNG:

1) How's what possible? You set up a new airline by contacting with an existing airline company. Any aircraft flying any color can be called Nigerian Airways if they are working as Nigerian Airways. If our leaders are serious any of the existing companies that are flying out of Nigeria will gladly contract out as Nigerian Airways if they will make money for there shareholders.

2) Passengers don't have appointments they have reservations. You can cancel your reservations and even forfeit any money paid. No Pain, No Gain. Fela said it all "we are not suffering enough because no one wants to die to make a change"

3) It doesn't sounds like anything at all in my ears. What it does is that it makes perfect and solid sense to me though. YMMV.

4) I know this may seem strange to you but I actually only type exactly what I mean. I don't write to please people and you're free to disagree with me and even vehemently if you wish or better yet state your OWN opinion.

You dey spew rubbish becos you get US visa abi? ODE

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by watbas: 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2014
Leetunechi:

blame the gvt for not buildin stable versity here..nobody wud av to travel elsewre cus of sch

I hope you know people don't go to versity abroad only because we don't have good versity here. Also, if they don't travel for education their will be need for other thing.

I join others in condemning this. The habit of treating Nigerians badly is war our government need to fight now.

See, even Nigerians that are working in factories owned or managed by this guys on our own soil do experience it too.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Onegai(f): 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2014
Everyone, put this story all over social media, Egypt Air's Twitter handle is @EGYPTAIR till they publicly apologise and give this boy a refund. He has a legal case if he takes it to court. Let us do this now, apply so much pressure that we hurt them. We have the power.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by NuellettY: 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
That's much reason l hate this country
If l had wings, heaven only knows where l would have been now

As to this matter, already swept under the carpet of Nigerian government, who cares
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Youngzedd(m): 9:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
This suppose to be on Change.org

We need justice.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by striker9(m): 9:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
This should be the type of story to circulate on bbm and other social media not Ebola salt water.Something must be done to treat Egypt air fuvk up big time.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Youngzedd(m): 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
Onegai: Everyone, put this story all over social media, Egypt Air's Twitter handle is @EGYPTAIR till they publicly apologise and give this man a refund. He has a legal case if he takes it to court.

Change.org will do that better.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by karkel(m): 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
See dis sons of pharoah...........................they smoke igbo
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Emmerlee(m): 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
Very sad.. felt like I was watching 'banged up abroad' on National geographic channel.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by onoja12: 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
I have said this before and i would keep advocating it,the issue of Nigerians been maltreated abroad is not that of bad behavior but rather due to our foreign policy in the 1970-1980s,which sew Nigeria playing big brother to all countries where they are blacks,so in return anywhere they is colored skinned they want to victimize us,i respect Buhari a lot but i think he made a big mistake by changing our foreign policy.
i am very sure that the solution to this issues lies with Nigeria changing its foreign policy to what i call fire for fire,in other words if you are hostile to Nigeria's citizens,Nigeria would be hostile to your citizens.once this is done you would immediately see a change of attitude from this country.every country has criminals,Nigeria do not victimize countries inspirit of the fact that there citizen commit crimes in Nigeria,so i think they give us a bad name to hang us

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by eighty7: 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
How did this airline get Star Alliance membership?
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Deepfreezer(m): 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
its not wise to let a 17years old to travel abroad alone. especially wen they hv to transit. an Adult wouldn't experience such with his documents complete.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
This is a pathetic inhumane treatment of a HUMAN BEING! even if this guy smuggled 1000 MEGA GRAM of cocaine and had Ebola tatooed on his forehead, he still did not deserve half of this treatment! Jeeez! I wont bother calling on the government cuz they're busy delibrating how to ban kpomo!
All I know is this.... The 'Flood' is coming! Jeremiah 1:10
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 13, 2014
since na naija we already dey and dat Egypt air manager do misbehave, o'boy na so him receive the beatings of his life there and then.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by tpia1: 10:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
Femosticap: This is a pathetic inhumane treatment of a HUMAN BEING! even if this guy smuggled 1000 MEGA GRAM of cocaine and had Ebola tatooed on his forehead, he still did not deserve half of this treatment! Jeeez! I wont bother calling on the government cuz they're busy delibrating how to ban kpomo!
All I know is this.... The 'Flood' is coming! Jeremiah 1:10

is this what you're seeing:

13 The word of the Lord came to me again: “What do you see?”

“I see a pot that is boiling,” I answered. “It is tilting toward us from the north.”

14 The Lord said to me, “From the north disaster will be poured out on all who live in the land.

15 I am about to summon all the peoples of the northern kingdoms,” declares the Lord.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Deepfreezer(m): 10:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
I've Egyptian colleagues in my company. when i was hired newly. I hv to fight them severally before we became friends.
this boy truely went thru hell.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Younevajam: 10:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
Mr Azeez Joshua, i felt sorry reading about your woes.I'd like you to copy this write-up just the way it is to..

cc

Ministry of foreign affairs;

Nigerian Immigration service;

Consumer protection Council;

Nigerian Senate;

House of Reps, specifically the House committee on Foreign Affairs(I heard the Chairman- Mrs Abike Dabiri takes issues like this very seriously)

Nigerian civil aviation authority;

Servicom;

Any government parastatal that is remotely or directly involved in foreign or travel issues should get this letter. Someone somewhere should be human enough to take drastic actions.This issue, if followed up vigorously might go a long way in stimulating a revolutionary change as regards anti-Nigerian travel/foreign policies, so we can at least regain what's left of our dignity in the eyes of these foreigners. How can someone bully me in his country, and when i come back to my country, he bullies me again?. No, no no. I won't take that, It's unacceptable, i could exchange physical blows for that. angry

11 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by tpia1: 10:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
@ topic

where is the response from the airline?

i dont know anything until i hear that.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
JOSHUA KUNLE ABDUL-AZEEZ

Why did he ignore OAU and other "well equiped" universities and polythecnics in the South-Waste to go all the way to ukraine?

Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
GANDALF1:

You dey spew rubbish becos you get US visa abi? ODE

Eya e pain you? Lol

Go and walk your angst off somewhere and take your tse tse flies with you, you ordinary sea plankton.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by DollyParton1(f): 10:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Onegai: Everyone, put this story all over social media, Egypt Air's Twitter handle is @EGYPTAIR till they publicly apologise and give this boy a refund. He has a legal case if he takes it to court. Let us do this now, apply so much pressure that we hurt them. We have the power.

What is he gonna do with public apologies. He better get a very brilliant lawyer and sue Egypt airlines for all they are worth.

5 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
tpia1:

is this what you're seeing:

No sire...just the verse quoted. smiley
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
Vanguard investigations at Egypt Air Head office where Mr Kunle Abdul-Azeez purchased his ticket revealed that there has been palpable fear about what Abdulazeez’s guardians would do next after the visit of his uncle, Mr Toju Gbenebichie, to Egypt Air office.

Vanguard sought to speak with Mr Khaled El Rafie, General Manager, Lagos, Egypt Air, but was told that he traveled and will be back later in the day. But members of staff of Egypt Air told Vanguard that the entire organization was very remorseful about the incident especially as it involved a 17 year old boy.

One of them who begged for anonymity, as they have not been mandated to speak on the issue, said it was actually “a mix up” on the part of Egypt Air ticket officer, Mr Tony Nzan. The officer also said Mr. Nzan has been very sober after the incident and he went the extra mile of trying to arrange an alternative ticket through a friend in Turkish Airline to convey Mr. Kunle AbdulAzeez to Ukraine.

The officer added that the arrangement to compensate Abdul-Azeez with alternative ticket was put on hold after the visit of his uncle to Egypt Air office and after “ raising hell”, and threatened to take Egypt Air to court. Efforts to speak with Mr. Tony Nzan proved   abortive as he insisted that he has been made to write a report on what actually happened and this has been submitted to the General Manager who now has the authority to address the issue.
NCAA begins investigation
The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, has begun investigation into the matter. The authority is already in receipt of the official complaint lodged by Toju Gbenebichie, the uncle of Joshua. They have asked for the copies of the ticket, the boarding pass and other relevant documents that could help their case.

A letter signed by Abdulmalik Ifueko for the AGM Flight Operations/Adjudication Unit in the Consumer Protection Directorate yesterday confirmed this. A source said that among other things “tearing the Nigerian passport is a direct affront on the government and people of Nigeria and will be taken seriously depending on the outcome of the investigations.”

Source: laila's blog

I believe Nigeria will flex its diplomatic muscle on this case. Bloody Egyptians.

9 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by NSNA: 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
Many of us have stories to tell.
was once detained for hours and scanned for drugs.

When you are laughing and smiling with people you arrived with and 7 hours later you are still detained and been cleared at the airport.
They didn't tell me i was been scanned for drugs but i was asked to remove my cloths.

Sat in an empty room. Sad

This was at Heathrow, UK

It was a long time ago and now i fly with another country passport. the difference is too good and depressing at the same time.

5 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by ghananotnaija(m): 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
Nigeria is insulted all over Africa, in SA, in Ghana, and now in Egypt.

I wonder why.

Giant of Africa indeed.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by DollyParton1(f): 10:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
django1: Vanguard investigations at Egypt Air Head office where Mr Kunle Abdul-Azeez purchased his ticket revealed that there has been palpable fear about what Abdulazeez’s guardians would do next after the visit of his uncle, Mr Toju Gbenebichie, to Egypt Air office.

Vanguard sought to speak with Mr Khaled El Rafie, General Manager, Lagos, Egypt Air, but was told that he traveled and will be back later in the day. But members of staff of Egypt Air told Vanguard that the entire organization was very remorseful about the incident especially as it involved a 17 year old boy.

One of them who begged for anonymity, as they have not been mandated to speak on the issue, said it was actually “a mix up” on the part of Egypt Air ticket officer, Mr Tony Nzan. The officer also said Mr. Nzan has been very sober after the incident and he went the extra mile of trying to arrange an alternative ticket through a friend in Turkish Airline to convey Mr. Kunle AbdulAzeez to Ukraine.

The officer added that the arrangement to compensate Abdul-Azeez with alternative ticket was put on hold after the visit of his uncle to Egypt Air office and after “ raising hell”, and threatened to take Egypt Air to court. Efforts to speak with Mr. Tony Nzan proved   abortive as he insisted that he has been made to write a report on what actually happened and this has been submitted to the General Manager who now has the authority to address the issue.
NCAA begins investigation
The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, has begun investigation into the matter. The authority is already in receipt of the official complaint lodged by Toju Gbenebichie, the uncle of Joshua. They have asked for the copies of the ticket, the boarding pass and other relevant documents that could help their case.

A letter signed by Abdulmalik Ifueko for the AGM Flight Operations/Adjudication Unit in the Consumer Protection Directorate yesterday confirmed this. A source said that among other things “tearing the Nigerian passport is a direct affront on the government and people of Nigeria and will be taken seriously depending on the outcome of the investigations.”

Source: laila's blog

I believe Nigeria will flex its diplomatic muscle on this case. Bloody Egyptians.

Better!!!! They should raise hell to heavens and back. Every one involved must be penalized.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by piagetskinner(m): 10:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
Chai!!Truly terrible...I feel for the lad
He should get a good lawyer to sue those bastards#theymustpay
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by watered(m): 10:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
It seems u are not conversant with the government of d day.
Krak: I am really feeling insulted. Our Government should act forcefully and without pity.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by obiscolly(m): 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
Wow! shocked One hell of a pathetic story. If the Nigeria government has any pride at all, they should know that they shouldn't let this pass. What humiliation! This sort of story makes me hurt that I'm Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by yomi007k(m): 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
Yomieluv: Most of these countries are taking us for granted.
Wat can u do, can 9ja fight Egypt?
Don't even go there.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by groovie(m): 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sometimes I just wish some things that happen in movies could be real, cos if i wielded some sort of superhero power, that GM would be kissing his job goodbye. The govt might react to this, but they might take too long. Me i want results now now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Funaab,erects A Billboard To Announce The Banning Of Niqab (face Veil) / Abisoye Ajayi-akinfolarin Wins CNN Heroes Awards 2018!!! Makes Nigeria Proud!!!! / Today's Mock Jamb Was Indeed A Mockery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.