Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova (32154 Views)

Unizik Loses 500Level Medical Student To Death After Gas Explosion / Trailer Crushes LAUTECH Student To Death (Graphic Photos) / See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by kunlesehan(m): 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
madridfc:
Suspended? Or outright ban!
outright ban it is!
...smh
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by greall1: 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
Oop the story is too long.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
come on! this case should be investigated by the Nigerian government and necessary punishments and sanctions handed out.

It is about time we retrived our dignity and not allow other race toss us to and fro. The government should wake up from her slumber

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by musicwriter(m): 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
Emmerlee: Very sad.. felt like I was watching 'banged up abroad' on National geographic channel.

You're absolutely correct!. This will qualify for a "banged up abroad" episode on national geographic channel. For real.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by richt75: 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
Wicked Egyptians.... It's a pity bro. I was on transit at Cairo on the 15th of April last year while enroute between Guangzhou and Lagos. Airport officials are not friendly to the extent of refusing fliers of toilet papers and often knock at the toilet doors to make one uncomfortable.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
nuttyhnic:
I would not, I would not!!!
Entire Bu11sh1t.

Will they treat an European, American or even someone from Cuba or chile like that?

If I were to be that 17 year old, that Egyptian airline staff that came to meet me at Lagos airport and talked rudely to my mother, I would have showed him in 1mins how I was treated in his country for days. angry
Ehhhm, the experience is very scary !!

This can lead to diplomatic problem if we have a sane government ...... But , Egyptians are even more powerful than Nigerians in Nigeria .......

If this should happened to an American , the victimised dude would become a celebrity of CNN,BBC,Aljazeerah and all News agency in the world !!

There was a country, Nigeria . I hope we have a country someday!!

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by cosade(m): 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sorry young man. I will simply blame your parent for accepting a ticket with the the wrong airport code. Airport codes are unique, no two airports in the world have same code. For example, LOS is Lagos, Nigeria and it is unique. IAD is for Dulles Airport in Virginia, USA, ATL is for Atlanta in USA.

Equally, the universal rule is that when you transit, the passenger is responsible for his feeding while on transit. The airline would only be responsible for your feeding if your flight is delayed beyond two hours.

You also shared in the blame, the moment you knew you'll be going to Kiev you should have looked for chat sites with students from your new university, I am sure you'll have gotten a lot of information from their. For example, my son won't travel to Kiev on Egypt air for any reason. Your best option would have been Turkish, Etihad, or Emirates in that order.

Anyway, welcome to the travellers' world!

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Harmvirus(f): 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2014
What a pathetic experience embarassed
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by okotv(m): 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
very pathetic indeed...God helps us all
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Numerouuuno: 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
This is a very pathetic tale.
the family of the victim should SUE the hell out of that airline.
À complain should also be stated at the Egyptian embassy in Nigeria,complaining at the ticket office isn't enough........ we need to start acting and stop complaining online,its really sad every nation is taking us for granted.
#Peace

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by 50calibre(m): 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
Egypt air for goodness sake, Egypt air!!! How does any sane person fly Egypt air? The name alone scares the Jesus out of me, who adviced the guy to purchase an Egypt air ticket (ticket to hell) how could his mum allow such? Never in a million years will my mum allow me to fly such an airline

This is why it's good to pay attention to global events, flying Egypt air means transiting via Cairo, & trust me, Cairo is one of the last places I want to be right now, even if it's for 30 mins. My uncle once said he'd rather board a ship than fly Egypt air.

I can't even begin to spell out the possible repercussions of flying Egypt air, things could easily go wrong in a myriad of ways.

I love my life so much, id rather spend double on a ticket and arrive at my destination in one piece, than fly any of these mushroom suicidal airlines.

After my experience with Qatar airways ( which was mostly hitch free apart from their unfriendly food & 4 hours wait in Doha) I decided to stick to western airlines.

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
Lawyers will be looking for this family.. to milk d airline.. i bet u 2mil is d least i will mk frm dis..

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by tpia1: 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
cosade: Sorry young man. I will simply blame your parent for accepting a ticket with the the wrong airport code. Airport codes are unique, no two airports in the world have same code. For example, LOS is Lagos, Nigeria and it is unique. IAD is for Dulles Airport in Virginia, USA, ATL is for Atlanta in USA.

Equally, the universal rule is that when you transit, the passenger is responsible for his feeding while on transit. The airline would only be responsible for your feeding if your flight is delayed beyond two hours.

You also shared in the blame, the moment you knew you'll be going to Kiev you should have looked for chat sites with students from your new university, I am sure you'll have gotten a lot of information from their. For example, my son won't travel to Kiev on Egypt air for any reason. Your best option would have been Turkish, Etihad, or Emirates in that order.

Anyway, welcome to the travellers' world!

I actually couldn't make head or tail of the whole story.

How do nigerians usually get to ukraine?
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Bigcake: 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
Boscojugunu: Nawa oooo. God am actually first to commenting
God purnish you. Is that all you could say with such an agonizing story of a 17yr old boy?

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
An Egyptian tore a Nigerian International passport?

To show my displeasure at this, I'm terminating every contract I have with Arab Contractors.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by phillycute(f): 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
Okay, I'll help u out...

Nigerian student hang on egypt air for 4 days no food no nothing, he need ur help

dazall
tpia1:

I actually couldn't make head or tail of the whole story.

How do nigerians usually get to ukraine?
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2014

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by piagetskinner(m): 10:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
Litmus: See, there it goes again excuses, excuses, excuses made for people maltreating Nigerians. It aint the fault of past or present Nigerian government, it aint the fault of Nigerian thieves, molesters, child kidnapers; drug seller or Martians it is the fault of the perpetrators of injustice. Stop making excuse for these people, we never make excuses for ourselves when we maltreat others; if with all our faults we can look into our selves then those superior people of different nations should be able to admit to their shortcomings rather than trying to pass the buck.
Abeg this ur long epistle does not apply to the above ordeal undecided
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by akereconfi: 11:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
Those Arab nations.

I travelled via Turkish air through Instanbul to Budapest (Hungary) this period last year. My passport got missing immediately I stepped foot in Budapest. I was sent back on the next flight going to Nigeria with a stop over in Instanbul again. Those Turkish bastards maltreated the hell out of me, kept me in an isolated place for 18 hours and the place was an under ground. I can't go up to buy food except I have boarding pass, and all my documents were with the Turkish ground service.

Finally, I got to Lagos, processed another admission to England. Am smiling in the UK now

Bleep those Arab bastards

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
Bigcake: God purnish you. Is that all you could say with such an agonizing story of a 17yr old boy?
You don't have to insult him.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by haryomikun(m): 11:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
CityNG:
If the facts are true seems that they have a legit lawsuit on Egypt Air but the Uncle needs to chill and let Lawyers handle it from this point on out.
Are Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ sure Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ are a REAL nigerian ? undecided
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by ochon: 11:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
and this is all could say? Too many dumb mofos on NL. SMH
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by chinex276(m): 11:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
Funpeter: Serious, all this africa country are taken us for granted. This issue should not be swept under the carpet, let it be a lesson to other country's that,Nigeria don't take a shit.......
sad enough ur dear con3 takes shit lyk no mans bizness coz d phools we call leaders dnt give a fvck abt its leaders.

I read dis story in vangard newspaper dis morning nd i was lyk, wat type of country is nigeria, y d stigma?? Y should some lazy phools chose 2 spoil our names nd allow us suffer it? Y r our leaders puting on d 'i dnt give a fuk' attitude wen ever we r maltreated by foriegners?
2 add salt 2 injury, d boy's nigerian passport was torn nd d egyptian called him "A BLOODY NIGERIAN"
2 say d truth i am ashamed 2 say I AM A NIGERIAN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Bigcake: 11:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
Afghanistan:
You don't have to insult him.
What should i have done? Give him a pat on the back for being insensitive?

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
greall1: Oop the story is too long.
Didn't you do skimming and scanning in gns/gst while you were in the university?
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by bigfrancis21: 11:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
What a touching story. Such an innocent-looking young boy, he does not deserve such wanton treatment. His guardians should battle out his case legally and see that he gets the justice he deserves. This would prevent future harsh treatments to Nigerians in the future by Egypt Air.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by 50calibre(m): 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
When I say being a Nigerian is a curse, some attack me for being negative. Well this guy's case is a quintessential example of how Nigeria is perceived internationally.

Do you think they would have dared to do such to a British, American or even a South African person?

Nigerians need to think deep, else someday, merely being a Nigerian in a foreign country will be a crime.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by supercharged: 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
this got me like super angry!!! i solemnly swear to God i wont allow it pass just like that! those two ticketing officers in the first place MUST be served with a Subpoena. I will have to use every thing possible to get these monsters pay for what they caused me!!!!

Another point of view of the whole thing is "NIGERIA IS A FAILURE" the way all them pple look toward Nigerians is effing annoying

This post is so damn Annoying why the hell did i read it...
MessedUpSHIT!!!

1 Like

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
I feel sad for azeez on what he passed through but his mum should be blamed for accepting the the wrong ticket.
Egypt airways should pay for the damages also. and to all parents will should enable that our children comes of age before sending them to a foreign land for studies.
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by auhanson(m): 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
Funny enough , Nigerian Govt doesn't care about her citizen, even if they are killed, unlike the US. Its saddening to hear such humiliation. But if i were him, boy i would have made sure i return all like manner of such assault doube it ten fold to the idiotic Egyptian official in Lagos soil who came and attended to him rudely too. infact, i would promise myself to revenge all such rubbish on Egyptians one day in this life with no stone left unturn as i grow up to affluent. I hate rubbish.

I almost would have had a similar experience in South Africa few yrs ago. But i rejected it fiercely with great insult on all the idiots(i even branded their illiteracy on not being able to comprehend such a simple matter that a primary school pupil can handle in Nigeria, that it was wrong for such brainless idiots to work at international exit point) and demanded my right against all odd insistently without blinking an eyelid nor fear any humiliation. Their superior came to intervene after seeing the scene i already started creating, he interogated and examine and found out exactly how wrong they were, and i insisted boldly for an apology which they reluctantly gave.. i dont know what came on me that day.. but i was just too furious for an attempt to be spitefully treated after an international conference that i was invited and sponsored to attend. I taught i could get any side from Nigerian govt afterward to stop further humiliation from other Nigerians who might not be able to stand insistently and forcefully demanding their right, but to no avail.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Funpeter: 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
chinex276:
sad enough ur dear con3 takes shit lyk no mans bizness coz d phools we call leaders dnt give a fvck abt its leaders.

I read dis story in vangard newspaper dis morning nd i was lyk, wat type of country is nigeria, y d stigma?? Y should some lazy phools chose 2 spoil our names nd allow us suffer it? Y r our leaders puting on d 'i dnt give a fuk' attitude wen ever we r maltreated by foriegners?
2 add salt 2 injury, d boy's nigerian passport was torn nd d egyptian called him "A BLOODY NIGERIAN"
2 say d truth i am ashamed 2 say I AM A NIGERIAN
You don't have too bro, we are going to build it together....
Re: Egypt Air Wrongly Routed A Nigerian Student To Moldova by Godskidmidas(m): 11:13pm On Sep 13, 2014
adio1986: dis is very bad,Nigeria govt should wake up to their responsibility.
OK... how's this one govt's fault again?... instead, I'd say the boy and his family should take up the case and get a good lawyer... we can't always apportion every responsibility to the government

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Funaab,erects A Billboard To Announce The Banning Of Niqab (face Veil) / FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React / Oluebube Miracle Okoye Broke An Academic Record In UNIZIK College Of Pharmacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.