Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,562 members, 7,955,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:36 PM

Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? (891 Views)

Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? / Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? / My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by LilNetty(m): 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
Guys and girls can’t be just friends, since someone always wants more. This is something we have heard our whole lives, but I believe that guys and girls can just be friends.
There are plenty of guys in my life with whom I’m just friends, at least. We would never court each other because that would be gross — and I know the feeling is mutual.
I do feel like we all have that friend, however, with whom we missed the opportunity. The one with whom, if the time were ever right, maybe you two could be together.
If you’re reading this article because you want to know if you and your best friend of the opposite s*x can be more, the truth is that I have no idea. I don’t have any answers. I am just as confused as everyone else. Everyone’s situation is different, and I can only speak from personal experience.
It can get confusing: How can you not fall for someone you see almost every day? Someone with whom you have a close, comfortable, platonic relationship?
I have felt this way many times. Sometimes, these friends lead you on without necessarily intending to do so. You’re likely filling a void for them, as well.
I had a friend named Chris when I was 19 years old. He was older, handsome and a complete weirdo; he was perfect. Everyone knew I had a crush on him, and I’m pretty sure he did, too.
It took me a long time to confront him, and it wasn’t until I made a snap decision to take a step back from the friendship. Once I wasn’t spending all of my time with him, I was able to move forward.
I pushed the feelings and temptations to the back of my mind. “I don’t want to ruin the friendship,” I told myself. But, maybe the friendship would self-destruct faster and stronger if I didn’t share my feelings. It can start to feel like a fake, one-sided relationship.
I felt like I didn’t need to seek a deeper connection with someone else because my fake relationship filled the void. Then, I would get mad when my fake relationship didn’t fulfill my needs, despite how ridiculous the notion of this gripe may be.
In my fake relationships, it was only my fake boyfriend’s job to be there for me as my friend. It’s totally healthy to have friends from the opposite s*x. I think everyone should have them, in fact, as they can make for amazing friendships.
However, I think there should be boundaries. Having s*x, for example, is probably something good friends shouldn’t do with each other.
Don’t get me wrong; you can totally have s*x with your friends, but a friend with whom you spend all of your time? Maybe not.
Oftentimes, you won’t need to have s*x with a friend to fall for him or her, however. Then what do you do? Hope that one day, he miraculously realizes what a wonderful life you two could have together?
Well, you stick around anyway, as you would rather have this person in your life than not at all.
Don’t hide your feelings if you find yourself in love with someone who’s supposed to just be your friend because falling for your friend will ruin the friendship, even if you ignore it. You must be honest with your friend and with yourself.
If you’re the friend with whom the other party is in love, don’t lead him on. Give space; set boundaries, don’t kiss or try to take naps together. You’re the reason why he’s confused in the first place. Understand that he may need space from you. Don’t use people as emotional canes.
Be honest and forthright, always.
– Kristin Manna/EliteDaily

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Enegod(m): 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
My old man once said "son remember
this, a penis and a vagina can never be
just friends" undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
Enegod: My old man once said "son remember
this,a penis and a vagina can never be
just friends
undecided
Are you serious buddy?
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
NO
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by LilNetty(m): 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
Almeria: Are you serious buddy?
u jes said my mind...His he for real?
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by lirusehn(m): 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2014

Ave got a bestie she's a Lady. God knwz we've bin together sinz 2003. No Bullsh*t no Hard feelings. #JustFriends smiley
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
LilNetty: u jes said my mind...His he for real?
Lol he must be kidding I guess
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by tayoxx(m): 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
hmm...it's hard o...one day one day e go raise the girl skirt o
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by nanazeez(f): 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
A peg needs to fit into a hole just as a dik needs to fit into a pu-c. Emotions are bound to arise, Its not possible to be JUST FRIENDS with an opposite sex
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by tellwisdom: 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mbanuuu angry
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
If sex is your priority, you can't be just friends with a lady. I have millions of female friends and we just roll like that.
By the way op, why did you say you are just as confused as everyone else in your post? What makes you think everyone else is as confused as you are. Or why do you think we share same mystery?
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by LilNetty(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
nanazeez: A peg needs to fit into a hole just as a dik needs to fit into a pu-c. Emotions are bound to arise, Its not possible to be JUST FRIENDS with an opposite sex
Guy E be lyk say u don HIGH!
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
Almeria: Lol he must be kidding I guess

Is this you for real?
You are back! cheesy
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by LilNetty(m): 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
unyours: If sex is your priority, you can't be just friends with a lady. I have millions of female friends and we just roll like that.
By the way op, why did you say you are just as confused as everyone else in your post? What makes you think everyone else is as confused as you are. Or why do you think we share same mystery?
Easy Na......U ave Millions of Female friends...?Are u a celebrity, if I may ask
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Enegod(m): 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
Almeria: Are you serious buddy?
LilNetty: u jes said my mind...His he for real?
Almeria: Lol he must be kidding I guess
Just speaking honestly, most women are
going to say YES because they tend to put
guys that they know that like them into friend
zones. If you know he likes you don't need to take his
money or time and think he thinks
nothing of it... Be realistic undecided
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
LilNetty: Easy Na......U ave Millions of Female friends...?Are u a celebrity, if I may ask
celebrities don't have lot of female friends but lot of female fans or admirers. I'm no celebrity but i make lota female friends cos i'm jovial, intelligent, fun, caring, versatile, etc
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by LilNetty(m): 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
cos i'm jovial, intelligent, fun, caring, versatile, etc[/quote]Says Who??
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
TrollMan:

Is this you for real?
You are back! cheesy
yea am back smiley
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
Almeria: yea am back smiley

Wow, what type of monastery allows a Nun to go for a walk, alone?

Really Puzzling...
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ceasar1:

Wow, what type of monastery allows a Nun to go for a walk, alone?

Really Puzzling...
please am not a nun cheesy
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by nanazeez(f): 8:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
LilNetty: Guy E be lyk say u don HIGH!
who be guy? undecided
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
Almeria: please am not a nun cheesy

I know, nuns don't watch football but you do.
Barcelona Eh? tongue

Welcome Back. wink
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by tobiboss(m): 8:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
Almeria: please am not a nun cheesy
really?
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
tobiboss: really?
yeah was only kidding wink
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ceasar1:

I know, nuns don't watch football but you do.
Barcelona Eh? tongue

Welcome Back. wink
yea Barcelona

oh thank yousmiley
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
tobiboss: really?
wow y is everyone asking me the same question undecided plsss I no be nun abeg
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by tobiboss(m): 8:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Almeria: wow y is everyone asking me the same question undecided plsss I no be nun abeg
was just jokin. I like your profile, especialy ur sig
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
tobiboss: was just jokin
cheesy Ok fine
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by tobiboss(m): 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
Almeria: cheesy Ok fine
i modified that original post
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
tobiboss: was just jokin. I like your profile, especialy ur sig
awwww thanks smiley

(1) (Reply)

What Grade Are You In Your Relationshp: As For Me A1 / Romance: Why Is It That Couples Do Not Order For Beans On A Date. / In This Century Would You Do A S*e tape With Your Bf/gf/wife/husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.