Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts (709 Views)

Sex On First Day,share Ur Story / Straight From The Heart.. Let's Hear Your Thoughts On This. / What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
QUESTION OF THE DAY!!!

MUST A FATHER KNOCK BEFORE ENTERING
INTO HIS 18 YEARS OLD DAUGHTER'S
ROOM

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Ksslib(m): 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
America: Yes!.
Nigeria: No!

What i think? : Yes.

Everyone deserves a right to some privacy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
why did u say yes?
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ksslib: America: Yes!.
Nigeria: No!

What i think? : Yes.

Everyone deserves a right to some privacy.
yes. but he is her father
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Ksslib(m): 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
Chimax15: yes. but he is her father
Ok, answer this first.

Would you like if your daughter enters your room anytime without knocking?

1 Like

Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
Did he catch you with his daughter?

1 Like

Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by chimerase2: 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
Answer of the day undecided
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by destante(f): 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
Every young adult deserves some bit of privacy. But every young adult in their parents house can still be watched too. The line should be drawn where a father becomes too intrusive or where a daughter becomes overtly secretive. Its awkward if a father always knocks to get into a room within his house.
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ksslib:
Ok, answer this first.

Would you like if your daughter enters your room anytime without knocking?
no cuz am her father.........there should be boundaries
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2014
Odilafta: Did he catch you with his daughter?
dats not an answer.
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
destante: Every young adult deserves some bit of privacy. But every young adult in their parents house can still be watched too. The line should be drawn where a father becomes too intrusive or where a daughter becomes overtly secretive. Its awkward if a father always knocks to get into a room within his house.
nice response
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Ksslib(m): 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
Chimax15: no cuz am her father.........there should be boundaries
If you based the fact that its ok to enter an 18yr old's room without knocking cos you're the dad, then its also logical for you to allow her do to same to your room. Afterall, just like being the dad makes yours ok, her being the daughter too should give her the right also.

You base your right cos of an emotional attachment as the dad, cool. Well, she also has an emotional attachment as the daughter too, plus she's an adult.
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ksslib:
If you based the fact that its ok to enter an 18yr old's room without knocking cos you're the dad, then its also logical for you to allow her do to same to your room. Afterall, just like being the dad makes yours ok, her being the daughter too should give her the right also.

You base your right cos of an emotional attachment as the dad, cool. Well, she also has an emotional attachment as the daughter too, plus she's an adult.

#speechless
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
a father has all the rights to make rules (as silly they can be) in his own house......if busting his grown children's room door without knocking is one of them then so be it. That child can either go find his/her own place to live or accept these rules.

as for me, any child above 16yrs would get a knock on their bedroom door before i enter their room......but, if/when there is any sign of fukc ups etc then knocking is not needed.
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by tobiboss(m): 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
Zes
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by mstik(f): 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
Yes. A little something called privacy.
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by nanazeez(f): 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
YES, if not he should bear wat he sees
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
nanazeez: YES, if not he should bear wat he sees
see things like?
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by nanazeez(f): 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
Chimax15: see things like?

Immoral tins
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by hatux: 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
That's a 'NO' for me ..
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Isk(f): 10:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
Chimax15: QUESTION OF THE DAY!!!

MUST A FATHER KNOCK BEFORE ENTERING
INTO HIS 18 YEARS OLD DAUGHTER'S
ROOM

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS
for a father, yes, you should knock or at least announce yourself b4 entering your 18 yr old daughter's room. For a mum, i don't think that's necessary. I'm in my 20s and my mum still enters my room unannounced.
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
Isk: for a father, yes, you should knock or at least announce yourself b4 entering your 18 yr old daughter's room. For a mum, i don't think that's necessary. I'm in my 20s and my mum still comes enters my room unannounced.
why should he knock?
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
hatux: That's a 'NO' for me ..
your reason?
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Isk(f): 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
Chimax15: why should he knock?
cos there are certain situations you should not walk in on to save you and her embarrassment.
How would you (or her) feel if you walked in on her changing her tampon or dressing up? She may be your daughter but as she grows up there are lines of privacy you should give her as a budding woman.
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
Isk: cos there are certain situations you should not walk in on to save you and her embarrassment.
How would you (or her) feel if you walked in on her changing her tampon or dressing up? She may be your daughter but as she grows up there are lines of privacy you should give her as a budding woman.
nice response
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
On very normal circumstances,a father is meant to knock b4 entering his 18 year old daughter's room,irrespective of being the house owner....dis is because she's a young adult at 18,& not a child anymore,there4 she's entitled 2 a degree of privacy.Wondering why some commentators here are finding the etiquette "wierd or awkward". Abroad,child privacy is respected.
Re: Question Of The Day!!!! Share Your Thoughts by nonsoyoungprof: 11:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
courtesy demands you knock before u enter any room...as for me I knock before I enter any room, male or female, young or old, friends or foes,..I love privacy..

(1) (Reply)

To The Ladies / This Is What I Noticed About Nigerian Girls / How Do You Woo A Girl Inside The Market? Is It Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.