|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,022,221 members, 4,310,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 21 June 2018 at 03:22 PM
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ashioba: 11:43am On Nov 10, 2017|
pls add me up 07058167721 Edem
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Kevronconsultin: 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2017|
Kevron Consulting Limited,an accredited training center and DPR licensed is proud to present to all Nigerians this wonderful opportunity to advance their career and acquire professional Health Safety and Environment (HSE) training, international certifications, including other professional courses at discounted prices.This will definitely boost their chances of employment into any sector of the economy; more especially in the oil & gas industry within and outside Nigeria.
The objective of this program is to train and produce competent HSE Officers, Supervisors, Managers, Advisors, and other safety practitioners and document control specialist who can successfully fit into the affairs of Oil & Gas Exploration, Drilling and Servicing Industry, Construction Industry, Marine Logistics, IT, Manufacturing and other industries.
For more information visit; www.kevronconsultingltd.com or kevron.com.ng or call 01342578
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by akus6060: 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2017|
add to the group, Alex 07013390543
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Agbajen: 8:55am On Nov 15, 2017|
Please add 08052125763 to the group. Thanks.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by toygod2: 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2017|
I beg this is home.
I have been searching for something like this ever since.
Please anyone, add me to the already existing group Asap please.
I need to kick start my career
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 12:51pm On Nov 16, 2017|
OmaniPadmeHum:Do you have an Idea of where I can do IOSH, preferably in Lagos and the cost too....? Thanks for all your effort on this thread. God bless you.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by AJVC(f): 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2017|
Hello, We are HSE and Oil & gas training professionals and right now we are running a promo; go to our website; www.deslogenergy.com or call 07033847973.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by AJVC(f): 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2017|
Yes, for IOSH Go to No 2 Sanyaolu street by Oregun bus stop, Oregun, Lagos or call 07033847973
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by toygod2: 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2017|
I forgot to drop my number please
070647...... is it. Thanks plenty
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2017|
AJVC:Thanks and God bless. I'll put a call through to them.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by SRK1(m): 6:02pm On Nov 16, 2017|
A trustworthy writing agency looking to hire truly talented and professional writers!
Are you a professional writer who has written in exchange for money before, or are you just a talented writer who has a great writing skill? Your services are needed at one of the most credible writing agencies! We are looking for exceptional writers who can write truly great pieces.
How it works:
The process is as simple as us getting the job from our own clients and sending them to you with the budget and deadline specified on the work brief. We would normally require you to react to the job offers.
You will be required to write majorly ebooks and sales copies, and there's no limit to how much you can earn.
As soon as we get approvals on your work which don't normally take long, we will transfer your payment to you through instant transfer.
Just to be clear, who is this offer meant for?
1. For people who have written professionally before
2. Can produce excellent writings that will require little to no proofreading
Who is this offer not meant for?
1. People who would demand unrealistic rates
2. People who haven't written professionally before and doesn't have the skill. We will gladly work with you if you have no prior experience but have a great writing skill.
We are proposing a long-term working relationship, so how can we cheat you?
So, if you consider yourself up for the challenge, then, simply send us a mail now at:
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by AJVC(f): 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2017|
Call 07033847973 for HSE certification
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2017|
I must say that you are really a go getter. I say this because you already know the way to go and you are striving to get all background necessities to start in the world of private consulting.
There are still some things remaining and you need to do them when you have the funds:
1. You need to register your company as cooperate member of professional bodies. e.g. ISPON, NES, SETPOM etc.
2. You need to register your company as a vendor or contractor with various companies. To do this, get their HSE Contacts there to give you guidance on how to go about it and the necessary documents you will be asked to present. e.g. CAC, HSE MS, Company Profile, HSE Policy etc.
3. If you seek contracts above 10 million naira or so, in the oil and gas industry you also have to register with NIPEX.
4. Get a good brand for your company. NOW PLEASE LISTEN UP. I WAS BORN AND RAISED A CHRISTIAN, BUT COMPANY NAMES LIKE GOD IS GOOD HSE NIGERIA will not cut it. If you name the top 1000 businesses world wide, I don't think you will see a God is Good whatever limited there. Please and please I hope your company has a good name and not one religio-sentimental thing? After the name comes the Logo. Get a good logo with good brand essence i.e. a Logo that is explainable from the color choice to the symbols or letters. A meaningful logo that in future you can put with pride on your company flyer, bill board, gift items, t-shirts, etc. If you see the shell logo, they needn't write the words there. Automatically you know it is shell. Do the same for your Logo.
5. Get to go to conferences and keep contacts of professionals in various companies. They will give you a host of information of upcoming contracts and their areas of need which you can provide services to fill. You need to know people. I recall telling someone why I have two phones. One is strictly business. The other friends/family etc. Pile up contacts as much as you can.
6. Prepare a good business card with your company Logo and where possible a company flyer which details/summarizes you company and its capabilities as a HSE Consulting firm. This is so that you can give out when necessary. To make business cards these days, 5 Thousand Naira will get you between 100 to 200 copies.
7. Get technical partnership with other HSE Consulting companies. You will need them and will form the basis of an MOU or contract when you are jointly executing a job.
8. Develop an online presence for your company. Does your company have a website yet? Does it have an official twitter account? How about LinkedIn account where you can connect to companies and professionals. And Instagram account? How about a Facebook account where you can post about trending stuff in HSE? I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUT. I MEAN ONE WITH YOUR COMPANY NAME.
9. Learn the principles of entrepreneurship. If you don't have a contract directly, get technical partners that you can share with when they have. Learn to see opportunities. Learn to see where demand is greater than supply in the discipline and take opportunity of the situation. This should be rule number 1. YOU MUST HAVE AN EYE OF SPOTTING OPPURTUNITIES AND TAKING THEM.
10. After all the work, please pray to whatever you believe in to bless your works. Never relent. Never give in.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2017|
IOSH Training Courses are mainly as follows:
-Managing Safely Refresher
-Environment for Business
-Fire Safety for Managers
-Fire Safety Awareness
I honestly cannot recommend any trainer in Lagos at the moment. As a matter of fact a lot of them claim to offer IOSH Courses, but these are all spurious claims. Please anyone who claims he is IOSH Certified to offer IOSH Training should show you their approval/permit/license to do so. A lot of these so called training schools splash logos copied from the internet on their websites and certificates just to attract students to their training program.
Secondly, some may claim that they have their course programs approved by IOSH. If they claim this then let them also show you the approval from IOSH on the courses they offer which they claim is IOSH Approved.
I will advise that you go to the IOSH Site and go through the TRAINER DIRECTORY. Visit it and try to find the list of approved training providers in Nigeria. This is also advisable for other courses like NEBOSH, BSC, etc.
I saw this group and their training brochure. However, I hinted that you still need to personally verify their claims.
After the training, if you so desire and have the funds, you can become a member of IOSH.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by crisisexpert321(m): 8:26pm On Nov 18, 2017|
Please HSE person good in catering and can address 50 people should WhatsApp 08076750300
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by tigarlomotee(m): 11:29pm On Nov 18, 2017|
Pls add to the HSE group....07053054736
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 10:07pm On Nov 19, 2017|
OmaniPadmeHum:Thanks bro. God bless you for being there for us all.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Haychay(m): 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2017|
please add up 07032686636
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by uptohim2: 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2017|
If you want me to add you to the HSE whatsapp group, please put down your name... your professional name. I don't add unnamed phone numbers. Thank you.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Haychay(m): 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2017|
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Oduok(m): 2:13am On Nov 22, 2017|
OmaniPadmeHum:Thank you so much sir. This is what I really wanted to hear. I will act on it sir. Thanks a lot.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by temitopeking(m): 4:44am On Nov 22, 2017|
Taiwo Temitope 08069296111
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by segunolapad(m): 10:57am On Nov 22, 2017|
uptohim2:Olapade Segun..... 08132354454
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Erums(m): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2017|
Kindly add me up to the group. 07037158905 ..
Thanks pal, soon gonna share my xperience ON HSE in the power sector. Cheers all
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Erums(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2017|
This is an experienced HSE professional talking... All you saying is absolutely correct, using the oil and gas sector where safety is almost about rules and regulations, all risk are tried to be reduced tp the bearest minimum through engineering controls and several other controls. The power sector is different at the moment, because some safety engineering c9ntrols are not available at the moment, the safety gospel is still spreading in since nov 13 2013, even ppes might not be there to carry out risky work. Therefore behavioural safety comes into play and discipline as a control inorder not to take risk because an engineering control is non available and also to meet schedules and generate revenue which is the companys top priority anywhere.
Realtime safety is to be applied as it fits, really the basics courses cannot offer knowledge and training on this reality.
I rest my case
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 30, 2017|
For those who applied as Environmentalists/HSE Professionals and are preparing for the upcoming DPR Interview, you could add this little bit of information:
The HSE Division is one of the Main Divisions of DPR.
It consists of:
2.Technical Safety Control
Note that there isn't an Occupational Health/Industrial Hygiene Control. Occupational Health is handled by NNPC Medicals as a service and not as a regulatory function. However, matters like enforcing regular medical checks for staff, ensuring good medical awareness programs, ensuring good medical retainerships by all companies in the oil and gas industry is still by the HSE Division.
The Units under HSE are as follows:
-Environmental Studies Section e.g EIA, EERs, Pre and Post Drill seabed surveys etc.
-Pollution Control Section e.g Oil Spill Contingency Planning, Compliance Monitoring, Spill Drilling and Spill Response Capability Auditing etc
-Waste Management Section e.g. Hazardous Waste Management, Waste treatment plant designs, treatment of oil industry hazardous wastes etc.
-Safety Studies Section e.g. Process hazard analysis studies i.e Hazop, FMEA, HAZAN, HAZIDS, etc
-Accident /Incident Investigation Section e.g investigate accidents /incidents
- Inspections and Asset Integrity Section e.g. Risk Based Inspection, prescriptive/routine/corrective maintenance, reliability/availability/maintainability/etc.
-Pretoleum Product Quality Testing
-Crude Oil Assays etc.
-Lab Analysis witnessing
Try to improve/brush up yourself in these areas and areas related to your core discipline and how you can apply your knowledge and skills from your core discipline to all these. Usually, they either decide to fix you in Safety, Environment or Lab, based on your core discipline, skill sets or your request. Engineers are usually put in Safety. Biochemists, chemists, environmental scientists etc are put in Environment. Chemists, Industrial chemists etc are also put in Lab.
Two main Regulations are used by the DPR under HSE
1. Environmental Guidelines and Standards for the Petroleum Industry in Nigeria (EGASPIN, 2002)
2. Mineral Oil Safety Regulations (Mosr, 1997)
Unfortunately EGASPIN is sold and not easily accessible. EGASPIN also contains a lot of Laboratory guidelines and standards.
The link below is for the Mosr, 1997.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ewa20buredi100: 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2017|
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ennyj01(m): 10:38pm On Nov 30, 2017|
please how long does the programme last? i mean each levels. THANKS
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by 1stfamous(m): 11:52pm On Nov 30, 2017|
mylove4him:If I do NEBOSH, will I get job sharp sharp?
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by mylove4him(f): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2017|
1stfamous:It isn't a guarantee. But it is an added advantage
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Sammybasic: 7:07am On Dec 04, 2017|
Add to group..
Environmental health officer
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Agbajen: 8:05am On Dec 04, 2017|
Plus add me to the whatsapp group. Salami Oladipupo. 08052125763
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 213