Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,479 members, 7,770,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:38 AM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (403066 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 2:14pm On Apr 16, 2010
diehard:

@mylove4him, The best way to stay relivant in your new place of work is to find ways to improve their safety performace without affecting their production activities. and always get the buy-in of the poeple that matters to support any new initiative u want to introduce and of cos they ve to belive it's for the over-all good of the company. take care

@mylove4him, I must say diehard's advice is indeed a gr8 one. My experience is also that in the course of trying to ensure compliance with expected HSE standards, diplomacy often comes in to play so that one is not seen as anti-progress particularly when there are 'operations' target or delivery deadlines in the picture. There are of course times one must stand one's ground on HSE matters in the workplace.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2010
Aba_J:

Hello all,

I have been reading posts on this topic and i think you guys are doing a great job here. I posted something yesterday which i think got missing along the line. It was initially posted but disappeared after a while. Hope this and further ones will not do the same.

@Aba_J, you're welcome smiley
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2010
diehard:

I did try to zip but couldn't reduce the size to send via mail. yahoo size limit is 25mb. and could reduce the size enough to post on rapishare. Done trying.

@diehard, thanks for your efforts!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kkkossy(m): 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2010
Hi all,

i'm so enthusiastic about this hse training. Presently, i'm preparing to engage in a hse professional training to be sponsored by shell and IOSH( Institute of occupational training and health) which is taking place around june. There are up to 20 courses. I really dnt knw how it is graded in term of level 1 or 2. As a corper who has already had 6months experience in a reputable oil & gas firm as a maintenance trainee. What level do u guys think i should go for?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2010
kkkossy:

Hi all,

i'm so enthusiastic about this hse training. Presently, i'm preparing to engage in a hse professional training to be sponsored by shell and IOSH( Institute of occupational training and health) which is taking place around june. There are up to 20 courses. I really dnt knw how it is graded in term of level 1 or 2. As a corper who has already had 6months experience in a reputable oil & gas firm as a maintenance trainee. What level do u guys think i should go for?

@kkkossy, You didn't state your backgroud (discipline), you may as well start from level 1. ALL THE BEST!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by AbaJ(m): 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2010
Just a quick one for anyone. IOSH or Nebosh?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by diehard(m): 4:30pm On Apr 22, 2010
IOSH - If your target is an american affiliated company, Nebosh for the rest of the industry

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by elisaiah: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2010
I hve done d Hse level 2.bt i now hv d opportunity 2 do iosh.institute of occupational safety n health.Have heard abt iosh?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by joke81(f): 12:34pm On May 13, 2010
friends,
i hve achive a lot thru nairaland in developing my knowledge in hs.e to become a professional.
i join a link i got vai nairaland which is www.hsepeople.com
this site is so equip and you will get to meet some professional their all over the world, who are ready to help you out with some material and advice you better even some video lessons you can benefit from.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 2:07pm On May 13, 2010
joke81:

friends,
i hve achive a lot thru nairaland in developing my knowledge in hs.e to become a professional.
this site is so equip and you will get to meet some professional their all over the world, who are ready to help you out with some material and advice you better even some video lessons you can benefit from.

@joke81, many thanks for this!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by segzicres(m): 1:18pm On May 14, 2010
i really need to do this hse thingy it's been hanging for too long. any info. i guess i'll have to start from the scratch cuz i'm still a student. holla back pls. thanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:32pm On May 15, 2010
segzi cres:

i really need to do this hse thingy it's been hanging for too long. any info. i guess i'll have to start from the scratch cuz i'm still a student. holla back pls. thanks.

@ segzi cres, yes, you can sure start from the scratch since you're still a student.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by mylove4him(f): 12:41am On May 16, 2010
I am glad to be back after taking time out to familiarise with my new place of work. Though quite challenging compared to where I came from. It is fun and am learning quite fast. Thanks to everyone who believed in me.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kkkossy(m): 1:24pm On May 16, 2010
joke81:

friends,
thanx alot. This will definitely come in handy.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kkkossy(m): 1:29pm On May 16, 2010
brainwave:

@kkkossy, You didn't state your backgroud (discipline), you may as well start from level 1. ALL THE BEST!
i'm an industrial/production engineering graduate.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 3:05pm On May 17, 2010
mylove4him:

I am glad to be back after taking time out to familiarise with my new place of work. Though quite challenging compared to where I came from. It is fun and am learning quite fast. Thanks to everyone who believed in me.

@mylove4him, its nice having you back on the forum & good to know u're 'representing' well in your new place of work smiley. The challenges we face differs from one job to the other, its good u're having fun all the same! Do stay safe grin
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 3:13pm On May 17, 2010
kkkossy:

i'm an industrial/production engineering graduate.

@kkkossy, your discipline / background could be an advantage if you decide to take the HSE pathway.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kkkossy(m): 4:57pm On May 17, 2010
brainwave:

@kkkossy, your discipline / background could be an advantage if you decide to take the HSE pathway.
I KNOW MEHN , THAT`S WHY I`M SO INTO IT. THANX FOR THE TIP.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 12:19am On May 18, 2010
Hey people,

You guys on this particular thread are great. I must tell you that av been following posts and comments on nairaland  for years as a guest,but this particular thread made me register and i must say you guys are doing a great job.

Am a builder and will like to know where to start from as i know little or nothing about the hse certification.

@@diehard ,i came across this site and it could be helpful, http://www.megaupload.com/?c=signup
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 11:15am On May 18, 2010
segzy411:

Hey people,

You guys on this particular thread are great. I must tell you that av been following posts and comments on nairaland  for years as a guest,but this particular thread made me register and i must say you guys are doing a great job.

Am a builder and will like to know where to start from as i know little or nothing about the hse certification.

@segzy411, you're welcome! smiley Together, we can ALL do it better! If you are a practicing 'builder', then HSE is definitely relevant to your work. You may consider the basic HSE Appreciation / General HSE courses offered by bodies like NISP (WWW.NISPNIGERIA.COM) and a couple of other private organisations for starters.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Superbrain(m): 7:37pm On May 21, 2010
Hello house, this thread is great. I have a bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering and will be rounding up NYSC soon. I want to go the SHE way but I need heads up on how to do that. I'm planning to take the level 2 and 3 at NISP. I want to know what course an SHE professional can study at the masters level that will be relevant to the profession. Your responses will be appreciated.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Superbrain(m): 7:39pm On May 21, 2010
*HSE not SHE. It was a spell check error.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 4:27pm On May 24, 2010
Superbrain:

Hello house, this thread is great. I have a bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering and will be rounding up NYSC soon. I want to go the SHE way but I need heads up on how to do that. I'm planning to take the level 2 and 3 at NISP. I want to know what course an SHE professional can study at the masters level that will be relevant to the profession. Your responses will be appreciated.

@Superbrain, you're welcome! Relevant areas at the Masters level include Occupational Health / Environment Control / Environmental Management locally (in Nigeria). Internationally, there are more HSE specific post-grad courses like MSc Occupational & Environmental Health & Safety Management et.c. offered by institutions like University of Portsmouth, UK even on a part-time basis (distance learning).
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kpezi: 6:22pm On Jun 01, 2010
Thanks for this forum.

I am an HSSE practioner. over 5yrs on the Job in an O & G company. NISP is the best starting point for any science graduate aspiring to be an HSE professional. After acquiring some experince on the Job you can now go for NEBOSH certification though this is expensive.

There are other free safety training you can access on the net that can really boost your competence level. these are UK based training in all areas of safety management. the free training will not give certificate but if you need a certificate you will be required to pay a token . even without a certificate, the knowledge from this sight is very reach. increase your competence level via this free trainingS before going for NEBOSH. it will really help.

Just log on to www.oshatrain.com or type free safety training on googles. you will see OSHAcademy safety training. just click on it and access these free training. Any problem with the site email me on mikeakpezi@yahoo.com

To your success. Best fo luck!!!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2010
kpezi:

Thanks for this forum.

I am an HSSE practioner. over 5yrs on the Job in an O & G company. NISP is the best starting point for any science graduate aspiring to be an HSE professional. After acquiring some experince on the Job you can now go for NEBOSH certification though this is expensive.

There are other free safety training you can access on the net that can really boost your competence level. these are UK based training in all areas of safety management. the free training will not give certificate but if you need a certificate you will be required to pay a token . even without a certificate, the knowledge from this sight is very reach. increase your competence level via this free trainingS before going for NEBOSH. it will really help.

Just log on to www.oshatrain.com or type free safety training on googles. you will see OSHAcademy safety training. just click on it and access these free training. Any problem with the site email me on mikeakpezi@yahoo.com

To your success. Best fo luck!!!

@kpezi, Thanks for your contributions. You're very welcome!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by bubbleskid: 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2010
Hi guys,

Would have loved to send you a PDF file on NEBOSH in Nigeria including scheduled course+exam dates, fees, durations and full detailed information. However, the file is 3O4kb in size and Nairaland only permits 200kb allowance for attachments.

You can send your emails to olayinka.alakija@gmail.com.

I'll send it immediately. Enjoy

Yinka
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by safeact(m): 6:42am On Jun 07, 2010
great works in here! I had my professional diploma in safety and security mgt in Rivpoly bori rivers state, at their industrial center. There u will get to meet alot of personalities that hav interest in safety and security. We cal ourselves professional colleagues and d classes were fun as projectors were used for lecturing. Even though im nt practising safety now as my ist career,i stil blv that some day i shal use it! I luv it and my username connotes that, "safe act'. On another note, if there is anyone that can help me to secure and lift oil esp kerosine,say 13600 or 15000 from any of d rifinerings at a cheaper rate,just d contact with d company or d staff.i will b greateful. , SAFETY IS D WORK OF EVERYBODY ,IT IS APPLIED AT OUR DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES! So stay safe and act safe. Avoid every unsafe acts. Gdluck
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 11:27am On Jun 07, 2010
safeact:

great works in here! I had my professional diploma in safety and security mgt in Rivpoly bori rivers state, at their industrial center. There u will get to meet alot of personalities that hav interest in safety and security. We cal ourselves professional colleagues and d classes were fun as projectors were used for lecturing. Even though im nt practising safety now as my ist career,i stil blv that some day i shal use it! I luv it and my username connotes that, "safe act'. On another note, if there is anyone that can help me to secure and lift oil esp kerosine,say 13600 or 15000 from any of d rifinerings at a cheaper rate,just d contact with d company or d staff.i will b greateful. , SAFETY IS D WORK OF EVERYBODY ,IT IS APPLIED AT OUR DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES! So stay safe and act safe. Avoid every unsafe acts. Gdluck

@Safeact, thanks for dropping by smiley Its good to know there are lots of people that appreciate the essence of 'safety' management in our lives. I also hope you'll someday be able to practice with your professional 'safety' & 'security' qualification. Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by bubbleskid: 9:27am On Jun 09, 2010
Any ideas why this forum has gone quiet in the last couple days? Hmm, Cmon guys! HSE is an area I believe we're all passionate about and we'll all do well to keep any discussions (relevant or irrelevant) going. I appreciate the complexity and magnitude of our diverse busy lives but hey, the reason we're all here is a shared common interest and vision into a prospectively lucrative career, contrary to contemporary believe.

So please let's all endeavor to drop a line on this thread at least once a day. That's the only way to keep this candle lit.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Superbrain(m): 10:24am On Jun 09, 2010
@ bubbleskid,you're right. I've been wondering for a while. Why is it difficult to get an entry-level job as an SHE professional? Most vacancies I see nowadays ask for at least 2 to 3 years of relevant experience. What is the hope for newbies like me who have interest in this profession but need to start up from somewhere?

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Superbrain(m): 10:25am On Jun 09, 2010
HSE not SHE. Spell check error again.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by bubbleskid: 10:55am On Jun 09, 2010
HSE as you'd readily appreciate is a very sensitive discipline which ensures compliance with health and safety regulations and policies, protection of workers and management of risk in a controlled manner.

Due to the liability exposure on most companies through loss of lives and compliance complacencies, organizations DO NOT compromise on the experience when it comes to HSE as sanctions and penalties are severely imposed.

Thus, acquiring a firm understanding of audit and risk assessment at an administrative level could help you get your foot through the door as a HSE supervisor. NISP is most probably your ideal starting point.

Here is a link which you might find useful: http://www.nispnigeria.com/courses.html

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.