Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians (19335 Views)

FRSC Officials In Ibadan Sitting In Their Van Carelessly / Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 / Nigeria Senate Order Frsc To Stop Issuance Of New Vehicle Licensing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by kunlesehan(m): 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
This is annoying!
Maybe we should pack our cars and ride on bicycles then.
Why own a car when u can't use the throttle effectively...smh
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by 2scorehigh(m): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
20km/hr will just be cool and fine. cool
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Illuminatus(m): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
shockwave91: shocked*Gasps* now they want to control/monitor us? Did i hear sum1 say "illuminatus"? nah just kidding. Sh.it idea though. Build good fuc.king roads for christ's sakes u clueless forks!!!!!
?

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by free2ryhme: 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
As long as it is free wahala no dey
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by 19naia(m): 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
Trying to reach a high standard of safety and living begins with mandating a livable wage for all... Nothing better will ever come out of keeping people working harder for much less pay even as cost of living prices go up and government imposed cost over the people rise also...
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by makazona(m): 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
biodunid: Another MASSIVE payday for the FRSC 'stakeholders'! Have they already finished digesting all the billions made from new plate numbers and drivers licences? They will not stop milking us until we stop acting like cows. Does anyone know of another country where the police fail to do their work but insist on vehicle owners fitting expensive devices into their vehicles? We just keep setting new records for mumuness.

with all due respect,why are we always against the government?.if they do A,we will criticize and say they shld hv done B.when dy decides to go with B, it will be seen as a confused government.

btw the people get the kind of leadership they deserve.enjoy
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Charles4075(m): 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
When we have natural speed limiting devices like pot-holes and the most effective is the NPF.. Just saying ohhh. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by BOAR: 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
This should strictly be for commercial vehicles.
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by ceasare: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
ruffp: This is wat u get when u have uneducated people at the helm of affairs.....and of cuz an uneducated bunch of followers! They should as well tell us not to buy certain brand of cars reputable for speed! I really dont understand how our leaders think. The govt is there to put rules n punish offenders....state the limits n monitor compliance,punishing those that contravane,and not to infringe on my own given right to drive at certain speed. They should instead fit their own cars wit whatever device they need to monitor vehicular speed like is done in more developed climes. This era of delibrate rip-off of the populace in the name of doing their job must stop. Worse still,they score zero in their primary functions. Then,the myopia of our citizens should stop too. I dont understand if its a lack of education or plain stupidity that makes us as a people willfully accept such prisoner-styled laws!! For pete's sake r we under military rule? Haba....people should begin to realise that we voted these people into power n assigned offices to them to serve us....not the other way round. America is what it is today becuz the people stood up in unison. Each day i lose faith in our leadership n followership. Haba!!!!

Gbam!!! U just said my mind.whatever happens to FRSC installing Doppler guns/radar on their vehicle to check over speeding road users and booked them appriopriately? I just don't knw it seems some of these govt agency just feel they can wake up one day and bring up some policy and let's see if all these gullible Nigerians will take it ?! And whoever brought up this idea pass through a job interview at the FRSC and is been paid with task payers money!!! Lord have mercy......
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by successking: 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
biodunid: FRSC to enforce use of speed limiters

Bukola Amusan

From June 1 next year, motorists are expected to have a maximum speed limiter device in their vehicles, to reduce crashes.
Stakeholders spoke at the weekend in Abuja in a communiqué at the end of a one-day forum on the “National Policy on Maximum Road Speed Limiter for Vehicles”.
Speaking with reporters, the Corps Marshal and Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), Mr. Boboye Oyeyemi, said the commission was empowered to apprehend anyone who violated the speed limit.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/frsc-to-enforce-use-of-speed-limiters/

Dear Mr Boboye Oyeyemi

Congratulations to you on your recently appointment as the new Chief Executive Officer of FRSC.

I do understand your desire to leave a foot print in the sand of time, at least to make history in the area of vehicle speed limit in our Great nation Nigeria, irrespective of all the attacks within and outside the shores of our dear nation by the disgruntled on the account of hatred, self exiled, political gains, sheer wickedness, ethnic bigotries and so on.

As for me, speed limit is not really an issue of concern at this stage as a nation. This great zeal of yours, propelled by a burning desire to serve humanity in your generation through an ample of opportunity given to you by our dear president, these concerted efforts should be channeled into areas like:

1. Training of Drivers: It has been observed with dismay, that all drivers in Nigeria, Lagos in particular do not know the basic driving rules meant to keep all road users safe while on the road, because when they have access to cars, they hit the road with zero knowledge of traffic rules thereby increasing the rate of accident on our roads.

2. Enforcement: Your efforts should be utilized towards ensuring that traffic rules are obeyed by every road user.

I know that you will argue that it's impossible to conduct training for all the drivers in Nigeria, but i like to state here that there are various channels through which this training exercise could conducted and its result achieved within the shortest possible time, only if you are prepared to pay the price of reasoning.

I sincerely believe that little attention to these identified areas will not only reduce accident rate on our roads to zero but also lead to a landmark achievement to your credit before leaving office for retirement.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely
Concerned Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Most roads in Naija are in Baaad shapes ...mk govt try fix dem first... First tins first biko, then this can come in aftawards .
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
free2ryhme: As long as it is free wahala no dey
i doubt if its gonna be ooo... hmmm in Naija again??
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Tokotaya: 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
BAD IDEA! Speed limits vary. In a residential area, near kindergarten schools, at a market, at a crusade etc, even 5km may be criminal. Whereas, the allowed speed of 100km per hour on the express may be suicidal at portions where the road has failed. So it is a common sense thing. No device will tell you.
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by 100Cents: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
eleojo23: But we already have natural speed limiters (pot holes) on most of our roads.

Fixed...
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by 100Cents: 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
Charles4075: When we have natural speed limiting devices like pot-holes and the most effective is the NPF.. Just saying ohhh. Lol

See their agility as if lion appear now, dem no go pick race even with those guns..
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by goshen26: 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
Jokers
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
This is a good idea, but if motorist have to buy the device to intall in their car, then it is a total fraud..Nigerians we must wake up from our slumber...FRSC what contributions are you guys making in the economy of Nigeria as a country....if a mad man is employed as a conductor, everything go then be passenger, encluding fowl....no Gun and una dey act like this? Wetin go happen when una come carry gun na?

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by logica(m): 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
They should only do that with commercial vehicles; not privately owned.
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
Illuminatus:
?

ROTFLMAO!!!! Guy no vex. I swear i no even no say u dey exist for hia o. Meant to say illuminati(like they have control over us/all seeing eye kinda sh.it).

But seriously boiz get names for hia o.
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by gbaskiboy: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
eleojo23: But we already have natural speed limiters (pot holes) on most of our roads.

yes it is true, we still need artificial one grin grin grin
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Davico(m): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
I WONT BE ABLE TO DO 180KM/HR AGAIN
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by clem305D(m): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
where in the world do we have that...you can place speed limits for certain category of roads, but speed limiter...common someone has something to gain there...naija sef
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Edunwa302(m): 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
d new drivers license is yet to be availlable to d masses ,nw dey upto another nonsense where is the good road in naija dt ll shld limit our speed on,enugu -ph,en onitsha -enugu federal high way is as bad as anytin dt one hardly make 80kmph on both roads
#bad road=low speed
#good road= high speed
#average naija road is almost undriveable

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by gbaskiboy: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadCow1: never
don't think we need it, we have natural ones on the roads I mean the Pot holes u slowed down for to make your way when on the high speed

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by leisuretym: 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
Useless idea, you want to limit my speed on lagos benin ore road ? Hehehe, FRSC partnering with robbers. Common, cut the crap! Where is the security? I guess one of our politician own a company producing that in china and he want 170m people to buy!
Who are the goats making decision for us? OMG...FRSC should commence enforcement in borno ASAP

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by WoodcrestMayor(m): 4:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
So wat happens if a driver sees danger and his only option is to go full throttle to stand a chance of escaping unscath? undecided

Three questions for the FRSC;
1.What happened to the speed/radar guns used in the 80's?
2.Why can't these be re-introduced?
3.Is the force lacking manpower(numbers))to handle these guns that we have to resort to fixing devices in cars?

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by herbert356: 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
­­S­­t­­a­­r­­t­­ ­­m­­aking ­­­­­­c­­­­a­­­­s­­­­h­­­­ ­­­­r­­­­i­­­­g­­­­h­­­­t­­­­ ­­­­n­­­­o­­­­w­­­­…­­­­ ­­­­Get ­­­­m­­­­o­­­­r­­­­e­­­­ ­­­­t­­­­i­­­­m­­­­e­­­­ ­­­­w­­­­i­­­­t­­­­h ­­­­your ­­­­f­­­­amily ­­­­b­­­­y­­­­ ­­­­d­­­­o­­­­i­­­­n­­­­g­­­­ ­­­­j­­­­o­­­­b­­­­s­­­­ ­­­­t­­­­hat ­­­­o­­­­n­­­­l­­­­y­­­­ ­­­­r­­­­e­­­­q­­­­u­­­­i­­­­r­­­­e­­­­ ­­­­f­­­­o­­­­r ­­­­you ­­­­t­­­­o­­­­ ­­­­have ­­­­a­­­­ ­­­­c­­­­o­­­­m­­­­p­­­­u­­­­t­­­­e­­­­r­­­­ ­­­­a­­­­nd ­­­­an ­­­­int­­­­e­­­­r­­­­n­­­­et ­­­­a­­­­c­­­­cess ­­­­­­an­­­­d­­­­ ­­­­y­­­­o­­­­u­­­­ ­­­­c­­­­a­­­­n­­­­ ­­­­h­­­­ave ­­­­t­­­­h­­­­a­­­­t­­­­ ­­­­a­­­­t­­­­ ­­­­y­­­­o­­­­u­­­­r­­­­ ­­­­h­­­­o­­­­m­­­­e­­­­. ­­­­S­­­­t­­­­a­­­­r­­­­t ­­­­b­­­­r­­­­i­­­­n­­­­g­­­­i­­­­n­­­­g­­­­ ­­u­­­­p­­­­ ­­­­t­­­­o­­­­ ­­­­$­­­­8­­­­0­­­­12 ­­­­a­­­­ ­­­­m­­­­o­­­­n­­­­th­­­­.­­­­ I­­­­’ ­­­­v­­­­e­­­­ ­­­­started ­­­­this ­­­­job ­­­­a­­­­nd ­­­­I’ve ­­­­n­­­­ever ­­­­b­­­­e­­­­en ­­­­happier ­­­­and ­­­­n­­­­o­­­­w­­­­ ­­­­I­­­­ ­­­­a­­­­m­­­­ ­­­­s­­­­h­­­­a­­­­r­­­­i­­­­n­­­­g ­­­­it­­­­ ­­­­w­­­­i­­­­t­­­­h­­­­ ­­­­y­­­­o­­­­u­­­­,­­­­ ­­­­s­­o ­­­­y­­o­­u ­­­­c­­­­an­­­­ ­­­­t­­­­r­­­­y­­­­ ­­­­i­­­­t ­­­­t­­­­o­­­­o­­­­. ­­­­You ­­­­c­­­­an ­­­­c­­­­h­­­­e­­­­c­­­­k ­­­­i­­­­t­­­­ ­­­­o­­­­u­­­­t­­­­ ­­­­h­­­­e­­­­r­­­­e­­­­…­­­­

WWW.mONEYkIN.cOM

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by livero(m): 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
Is like these people are looking for a way of embezzling our money
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by akpanikpe(m): 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
For the road wey no even good b4 abi? Only the pot holes is enof device not to speed, they should use the money to put the roads in other instead undecided
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Mbediogu(m): 5:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
biodunid: FRSC to enforce use of speed limiters

Bukola Amusan

From June 1 next year, motorists are expected to have a maximum speed limiter device in their vehicles, to reduce crashes.
Stakeholders spoke at the weekend in Abuja in a communiqué at the end of a one-day forum on the “National Policy on Maximum Road Speed Limiter for Vehicles”.
Speaking with reporters, the Corps Marshal and Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), Mr. Boboye Oyeyemi, said the commission was empowered to apprehend anyone who violated the speed limit.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/frsc-to-enforce-use-of-speed-limiters/

For commercial passenger vehicles only. By the way where are the speed roads? Very much like presenting shoes to a double lower limb amputee.
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
While d dunces and olodos are complaining about this new policy; d wise ones and the rich see this as an opportunity for a big payd day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Driver Rams Into Bus Stop In Lagos. See Photos / Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road / Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.