Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,859 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians (19311 Views)

FRSC Officials In Ibadan Sitting In Their Van Carelessly / Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 / Nigeria Senate Order Frsc To Stop Issuance Of New Vehicle Licensing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by samplegirl(f): 2:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
High speed kills but bad roads kill more. The rate of accident on Benin -Shagamu has reduced thanks to rehabilitation going on there. Fix the roads first.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by jmoore(m): 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
ednut1: after they don milk us dry wit the new plate number scam, now this. osita osita how many times i call u, continue o angry

Osita don go oh!!!
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Godsate: 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
biodunid: Another MASSIVE payday for the FRSC 'stakeholders'! Have they already finished digesting all the billions made from new plate numbers and drivers licences? They will not stop milking us until we stop acting like cows. Does anyone know of another country where the police fail to do their work but insist on vehicle owners fitting expensive devices into their vehicles? We just keep setting new records for mumuness.
what pain me most is that it's Yoruba man they always use to do all this funny policy. They don't use them as senate president or speaker of house of rep. Oga oooo
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by aieromon(m): 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
FRSC has surely metamorphosed into a revenue-generating agency. angry

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
Godsate: what pain me most is that it's Yoruba man they always use to do all this funny policy. They don't use them as senate president or speaker of house of rep. Oga oooo

Why even go tribal off of this?

Damn Son!
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by MadCow1: 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
How can they impose speed limits when there are barely any speed limit signs on many Nigerian Roads.. angry

3 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by iceberylin(m): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
like China the should Build road for Smart phone addicts and stop fooling emselfs
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Obinoscopy(m): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
That speed limit is dangerous. How about when you are being chased by armed robbers or you are overtaking a fast moving trailer? In those instances, the speed of the car could be what could save you. I don't buy the idea of installing speed limiting devices in citizens vehicles. Rather FRSC should purchase speed calculator device that can enable them detect when a car is overspeeding.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by waper(m): 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
Who go pay 4 d cost of installation?

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by ceejayluv(m): 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
bitterpenis: SMH It can only reduce the impact of crashes and not stop crashes
Reducing the crash impact will save many a life.
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by ednut1(m): 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
jmoore:

Osita don go oh!!!
is dat so, i no even sabi
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by onyxo76(m): 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
waper: Who go pay 4 d cost of installation?
abi o....i hope the device go dey the FRSC vans as well- leading by example.
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by ruffp: 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
This is wat u get when u have uneducated people at the helm of affairs.....and of cuz an uneducated bunch of followers! They should as well tell us not to buy certain brand of cars reputable for speed! I really dont understand how our leaders think. The govt is there to put rules n punish offenders....state the limits n monitor compliance,punishing those that contravane,and not to infringe on my own given right to drive at certain speed. They should instead fit their own cars wit whatever device they need to monitor vehicular speed like is done in more developed climes. This era of delibrate rip-off of the populace in the name of doing their job must stop. Worse still,they score zero in their primary functions. Then,the myopia of our citizens should stop too. I dont understand if its a lack of education or plain stupidity that makes us as a people willfully accept such prisoner-styled laws!! For pete's sake r we under military rule? Haba....people should begin to realise that we voted these people into power n assigned offices to them to serve us....not the other way round. America is what it is today becuz the people stood up in unison. Each day i lose faith in our leadership n followership. Haba!!!!

4 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by EbolaParasite: 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
erico2k2:
Not coppied there is nowhere else abroad we have that

Middle East!!
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Otunbab: 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
Road wey no gud before.
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by AZeD1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Who ever brought up this idea is a re.tard and he/she should be dismissed immediately.
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by jmoore(m): 2:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
ednut1:
is dat so, i no even sabi
Osita Chidoka is the new Aviation Minister. Boboye Oyeyemi is the new FRSC boss.
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Youngzedd(m): 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
Good move.

GEJ till ..........
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by blackfase(m): 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
Bros, Osita don port tay tay nah, higher office thingz. At least he can leave hapless average nigerians the hell alone & impose his obnoxious ideas on the aviation industry wher fairly well-off nigerians can afford to foot the bills of their innane arbitrary policies. Useless jobsworths, all political public office holders......*hiss*

ednut1: after they don milk us dry wit the new plate number scam, now this. osita osita how many times i call u, continue o angry
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by blackfase(m): 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
The docility of we nigerians is disturbing, walahi...... especially we the youths are failing ourselves & the struggle for the rebirth of this country. We really need to wrest power from these senile impostors & chase them into the swamps.

ruffp: This is wat u get when u have uneducated people at the helm of affairs.....and of cuz an uneducated bunch of followers! They should as well tell us not to buy certain brand of cars reputable for speed! I really dont understand how our leaders think. The govt is there to put rules n punish offenders....state the limits n monitor compliance,punishing those that contravane,and not to infringe on my own given right to drive at certain speed. They should instead fit their own cars wit whatever device they need to monitor vehicular speed like is done in more developed climes. This era of delibrate rip-off of the populace in the name of doing their job must stop. Worse still,they score zero in their primary functions. Then,the myopia of our citizens should stop too. I dont understand if its a lack of education or plain stupidity that makes us as a people willfully accept such prisoner-styled laws!! For pete's sake r we under military rule? Haba....people should begin to realise that we voted these people into power n assigned offices to them to serve us....not the other way round. America is what it is today becuz the people stood up in unison. Each day i lose faith in our leadership n followership. Haba!!!!

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
Speed limit ko? Inside a country you can't drive 3 minutes without meeting a pot hole or a police check point. Buuuuhahahahahahaha cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by manny4life(m): 2:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
This is ridiculous, when did a govt have the right to tell citizens what to do with their own vehicles purchased with their money? Where are the constitutional right lawyers when you need them. FRSC is taking too much and if unchecked, they will see themselves as mini gods.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by jibbish(m): 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
Lyk NYSC lyk FRSC, we must pay dem to function...
#oshi oda nile pako....

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
blackfase:
The docility of we nigerians is disturbing, walahi...... especially we the youths are failing ourselves & the struggle for the rebirth of this country. We really need to wrest power from these senile impostors & chase them into the swamps.

How u wan take do am? Tribe and religion are @ play here!
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Burger01(m): 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
Rubbish. We don't need any gaddem speed limiter. You guys should patrol on the highways and position several units strategically with handheld speed detectors to detect overspeeding motorists. Must every arm of govt parastatals and ministries be senseless and exploitative? undecided

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by kunlesehan(m): 3:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
samplegirl: High speed kills but bad roads kill more. The rate of accident on Benin -Shagamu has reduced thanks to rehabilitation going on there. Fix the roads first.
well said
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
Godsate: what pain me most is that it's Yoruba man they always use to do all this funny policy. They don't use them as senate president or speaker of house of rep. Oga oooo

My guy stop tribalism. Up to the smallest tribe in this great nation of ours have an Epitome of Stup.i.d.ity in human form constituting nuisance in govt all in the name of political slot or representing my people. Make dem implement the law, I trust Nigerians. Hit-and-run of FRSC workers go be the news of the day wink
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by ekeroyal(m): 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
biodunid: Another MASSIVE payday for the FRSC 'stakeholders'! Have they already finished digesting all the billions made from new plate numbers and drivers licences? They will not stop milking us until we stop acting like cows. Does anyone know of another country where the police fail to do their work but insist on vehicle owners fitting expensive devices into their vehicles? We just keep setting new records for mumuness.

LMAO at the bold part.

Now the truth is those so-called stakeholders in FRSC don't even understand the dangers in putting speed limit in a bedeviled country like Nigeria. Imagine the following scenarios:
1. A family member needs medical attention at an odd hour in the night or wee hours and the car is limited to say 80KM/H when to get there on time wold required say 100KM/H or even 120KM/H (I can tell a couple of real life stories about this)

2. A traveler is being chased by criminals on a lonely high way.

Those making this recommendation or did I hear it is a law already, should go back to the "drawing board", that is, if they ever had any. The law doesn't make sense. It never happens anywhere in the world. SEEK THE PEOPLE'S OPINION
Re: FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians by dammytosh: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
On which road.

Jeeeez one contractor don hammer.

PISHAUN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road / Which Is Better: Rav4, Crv, Highlander Or Pathfinder / Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park(p)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.