Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) (55161 Views)

Indomie's Noodles Advert: "Mama Do Good O! And To Me! To You! Your Comparism? / I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies / Indomie Advert Is The Best Advert On Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Superstar007(m): 10:16am On Sep 17, 2014
I dunno which gen is the indomie generation cos I'm quite young but I still remember these thing. I remember watching Helen Ukpabio "End of the Wicked" on vhs disk and I know thats the disk rewinder.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by ifekemmy(f): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2014
These can only be seen in Museums now...

gringringringrin , clap for yasef! Olodo
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Bublanski: 10:18am On Sep 17, 2014
In Black & White!

3 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by mayornice(f): 10:18am On Sep 17, 2014
rewinder
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by iamord(m): 10:25am On Sep 17, 2014
SMALLPENIS: I was just ransacking my old room in my family house and I found these grin
indomie generation would never guess right what they are used for.

So my fellow Nlanders,do you remember? grin

Hehehehe!! I see you got some ancient junk in your house smiley
That jvc vhs cassette reminds me of the first mojo I watched lol
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by iamord(m): 10:28am On Sep 17, 2014
Bublanski: In Black & White!

Og I can't forget this one.. I will post some I had back in the days
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by iamord(m): 10:38am On Sep 17, 2014
Khalessi: What about this one?

I remember when my fam got its first vhs.. When it was installed it showed a black and white stripe on tv.. I was so happy and jubilating. merely looking @ it. Then I watched the original old school classics. Clash of the titans, coming to america, the bodyguard, I spit on your grave. Night of the living dead. I watched clash of the titans over and over again till the tape became almost white. Lol sweet memories
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by adexsimply(m): 10:39am On Sep 17, 2014
Chei!! grin grin I don old o
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 17, 2014
Those were the days of Commando and American Ninja. When boys were boys and girls were girls.
Now its Nollywood Sh*t that took over the air. And the aftermath? boys are men and girls are women. To see a virgin of 18years now hard pass to see diamond. "Rotten age".
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Tonyosas101(m): 10:48am On Sep 17, 2014
Back then

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 17, 2014
SMALLPENIS: I was just ransacking my old room in my family house and I found these grin

Chai!!

In the days of Gazzab! Dramendra!! Tufan!!

You pick a tape to watch and you discover you have to rewind first. Damn it!!!!! Get me that rewinder kia kia kia.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Emmybreezy(m): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2014
prof800:
I hated it!

Ah!

I was the youngest at home then and my elder ones would ALWAYS ask me to do the rewinding... cry huh!

Those dudes can watch the same movie over again one million times. Then they'll ask prof800 to rewind "Equalizer 2000" and "Hard Way the only way" while watching "evil dead"for the billionth time. Frustrating. angry It made me develop hatred for re-watching movies to this day. angry Once I've seen a movie, that's it. Nothing will make me want to see it again cos I don't want to rewind it with this:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1706406_vhswinderf_jpegb00a0da0131b803a32c3aeeb765c9800

...before we bought this we used to use KNIFE to do the rewinding. angry angry sad
bros much respect u don old
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 17, 2014
Bublanski: In Black & White!

Claypole, Mumford, Davenport!!

I hope I got the names right?

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by 25kobo: 10:55am On Sep 17, 2014
That you even know what these are classifies you as an Aje butter of some sort. Some of us wont recognise them cos we watched from a small crack in a neighbour's window grin

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 17, 2014
deesquarediddy: Have you ever spent any of these? what did you buy?

Dandy or Robotic chewing gum!

Baba dudu!!

Tandy Gurana! Gold Spot!! Parle Soda!!!

Ava Soap!!!

Elephant!!!

Olympic Exercise Book

BIG Exercise Book

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by sfx9ja(m): 11:02am On Sep 17, 2014
voltron: Rewinder for VHS Cassette .. even the words Cassette is strange to indomie geneneration.. but I am from the Bazooka Joe and Raleigh Bicycle Generation.. you wan try? grin grin grin

even d op sef no undastand bazooka joe. we don old o. :-D
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Twinmama(f): 11:06am On Sep 17, 2014
Chai I af olden o
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by mimiy05: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2014
i doubt the indomie/ribena generation did this..lol
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by chibarbie(f): 11:18am On Sep 17, 2014
Lols na rewinder
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 17, 2014
sfx9ja:
even d op sef no undastand bazooka joe. we don old o. :-D

i swear we don old. na bazooka scatter all my molar teeth till date.. i cannot grow them back again grin grin
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by YoungBrain: 11:24am On Sep 17, 2014
or this

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by bwideity: 11:36am On Sep 17, 2014
Those days : LG tv is known as Goldstar, Common tvs in neighborhood are President, Panasonic, Sharp, Shaba, etc imagine the stress just because you want to watch yemi my lover, the wicked boy by ogogo, suprise, obirin asiko, Mard.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by mimiy05: 11:37am On Sep 17, 2014
or
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by DesChyko: 11:43am On Sep 17, 2014
emmyrichie:

grin I trust me understand how you feel.
Don't worry, you'd soon be saying the same thing someday.

No you don't.
1. I was born in the 1980s so you're a little mistaken.
2. That grin there clearly shows you don't identify with my stand otherwise..
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 17, 2014

Even before your time there was the Betamax tapes

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by kreamidiva(f): 11:49am On Sep 17, 2014
Malta biscuit.

If i can lay my eyes on one now....
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by DICKtator: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2014
I don't understand

Why use a rewinder then when there was the rewind button? undecided undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 17, 2014
There was the "Daily need toothpaste" advert - enu e run o f'oyin , o f'oyin enu e run ( your mouth is smelling you didn't brush , you didn't brush , your mouth is smelling ).
I remembered watching Luke's kingdom ( the same guy who acted as Robin Hood ) , footsteps , Benny hill show ( contained lewd scenes at times ) and Famous Five.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by fairheven: 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
The more reason why they keep getting fatter(orobo)because there is nothing to "wind and rewiind"anymore,all they do is sit wit a remote(unlike before tha one has to stand severally to change the chanell an turn the antenna) an watch cartoon networ from Morin till nite.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
Sorry to derail this thread but I'd like to know the title of a certain movie I say way back as a kid , It involved a kid who got transported to ancient Egypt with the aid of a pyramid looking object , he was wearing a baseball or American football helmet ( can't remember which ). He met a little princess who later got transported back to present times. I can't remember the full story.
Re: Indomie Generation Wont Know What These Things Are (+PICTURES) by Eniqurl(f): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
DICKtator: I don't understand

Why use a rewinder then when there was the rewind button? undecided undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin
Exactly ma thought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Past Soap Operas/telenovas You'll Love To Watch Over And Over Again / BBNaija: Mike 'Tacha Has Body Odour' / Eric Took Advantage Of My Weakness - Lilo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.