Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? (12716 Views)

Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / Why Do Parents Send Their Kids To Boarding Schools? / Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by Afrocatalyst: 6:40am On Sep 17, 2014
There's no better method than waking up and helping them out in between sleep.

Over time it registers on their subconscious and becomes part of them.

Every Child bedwets. They only need help to overcome it.

Any attempt to inflict any pain in the name of discipline will reflect negatively on their self esteem.

1 Like

Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by wheesin(m): 6:44am On Sep 17, 2014
whats weewee..is it smoking igbo ? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by fapcrook(m): 6:51am On Sep 17, 2014
iheanyi40: .
oya kill this guy
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by nickz(m): 6:55am On Sep 17, 2014
nothing!
my dad always threatened us with eating wall ghecko thogrin
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by fairheven: 7:01am On Sep 17, 2014
@OP,Maybe the proper question should be,how did you stop bedweeweeing?so,share your experience first cool
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by barsharl(m): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2014
embarassedwake the child like two or three times bfr morning. The child will later be waking by his/herself after a perpetual practice of this. Thank me later
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by CharlieMaria(m): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2014
datguru: My grand mum had a device she made, I don't know how but it's for the boys, it's a pipe that would connect from your Di*k to your mouth once you are asleep. After I piss inside my mouth for the first day, that spirit leave me by force
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by MOORCHMOORE(m): 7:14am On Sep 17, 2014
yetundeadioyah: You have the answers only that you are too lazy. The only solution to stop your little brother from making indian Ocean out of mouka foam is by waking him Up @ intervals either during the day or over the night. Let him have dinner btw 6:30 and 7:00pm and take him to the toilet @ intervals b4 going to sleep and during sleep. By the time you do this for 3 months he will wake you up when he's pressed.
please from what age should this start?
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:22am On Sep 17, 2014
Those days we were told ti drink rain water on the groud while falling and Also to roast nd eat a cork-like/dunlop-like organism that attaches itself to a tree. smiley cool

1 Like

Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by mickel2223(m): 7:35am On Sep 17, 2014
macklef: Ok, my dad has travelled my younger spends more time with him at night since its mostly the time he is available.
Now he is not arround, i step in as a substitute, what incited this thread i was playing FIFA on my phone and forgot to check if his pampers was remaining.
Mind you, my brother is 3yrs old, and i always ask myself, should he be putting on pampers at this age?
Is he old enough to wake up at night and tap the person beside him he wants to wewee? As this questions run in my head,
I am looking for polybag i will tie as wrapper too myself because the Red sea will have a meeting with river benue today.

What method is best to groom a kid at his age to stop urinating at night?
Some will say, always wake him up at intervals in the middle of the night to weewee, but if u ask me, i think that is a phycological booster to weewee more.
Why do i say this? I happened to be a chronic urinator too as a kid, infact in my early teenage years i did weewee, but at that age i was smart to change my boxers and push my junior sister into
The weewee why i take an akwars position beside to door to suggest i rolled over there through out the night.
I noticed that during this times i weewee, i was conscious in the dream world, at those times i get the urge to weewee i noticed a dream comes along at which a
Fellow friend invites me or myself walk to the gutter to weewee, on weeweeing finish, my subconsciousness dies and my conscuioisness comes alife, then it dawns on me i had urinated.
This was because in the middle of the night i normally do get awaken or taken to weewee where the only voice i hear is my dad saying, ''oya weewee'' so if im not awaken, i
Tend to play that scene in my dream where i get to weewee in real life unconscuiously.

So what method works? Flogging works wonders tho, oh my God, at times my smartness failed me and i get caught, the wire was always in colour red, my ass whooped big time,
For the next few days i get triggers remembring the cain, but after a while, it is gone. But my kid brother cant be beaten mercillesly like that.
There has to be a subtle way of making him not urinate without having to subject him to any form of pain.
Can anyone help?

You as a parent should take d responsibility of timing and waking up twice or trice every day and take dat bedwetting child to ease him/herself every night until he/she gets use to doing dat everyday dat u will not only help bed wetting but save d child from a case of premature ejacultion if d said child is a boy cos u will make him gain consciousness all d time.
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by gbafched: 7:47am On Sep 17, 2014
Early dinner, limit fluid intake after 7pm, get a very loud phone, set the alarm for every 3hr
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by frankels(m): 7:48am On Sep 17, 2014
eat snake.....!!!
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:57am On Sep 17, 2014
Wake u up that he wants to wee wee at 3yrs?shocked After d boy don deck himself with ereepa(rough play) during d day?undecided...u must be jokinggrin

Peeps av given u d solution...wake him up at intervals.Abi u be Jonah?tongue
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by richybanky(m): 8:03am On Sep 17, 2014
owem: Mornin pals;just do dis
IKA grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by poiZon: 8:27am On Sep 17, 2014
macklef: Ok, my dad has travelled my younger spends more time with him at night since its mostly the time he is available.
Now he is not arround, i step in as a substitute, what incited this thread i was playing FIFA on my phone and forgot to check if his pampers was remaining.
Mind you, my brother is 3yrs old, and i always ask myself, should he be putting on pampers at this age?
Is he old enough to wake up at night and tap the person beside him he wants to wewee? As this questions run in my head,
I am looking for polybag i will tie as wrapper too myself because the Red sea will have a meeting with river benue today.

What method is best to groom a kid at his age to stop urinating at night?
Some will say, always wake him up at intervals in the middle of the night to weewee, but if u ask me, i think that is a phycological booster to weewee more.
Why do i say this? I happened to be a chronic urinator too as a kid, infact in my early teenage years i did weewee, but at that age i was smart to change my boxers and push my junior sister into
The weewee why i take an akwars position beside to door to suggest i rolled over there through out the night.
I noticed that during this times i weewee, i was conscious in the dream world, at those times i get the urge to weewee i noticed a dream comes along at which a
Fellow friend invites me or myself walk to the gutter to weewee, on weeweeing finish, my subconsciousness dies and my conscuioisness comes alife, then it dawns on me i had urinated.
This was because in the middle of the night i normally do get awaken or taken to weewee where the only voice i hear is my dad saying, ''oya weewee'' so if im not awaken, i
Tend to play that scene in my dream where i get to weewee in real life unconscuiously.

So what method works? Flogging works wonders tho, oh my God, at times my smartness failed me and i get caught, the wire was always in colour red, my ass whooped big time,
For the next few days i get triggers remembring the cain, but after a while, it is gone. But my kid brother cant be beaten mercillesly like that.
There has to be a subtle way of making him not urinate without having to subject him to any form of pain.
Can anyone help?

u r so lucky, u opened the thread at d ryt time. wont bore uu with my antecedents but will go straight to d point. startng from this night get a red cloth, tear it into 2long stretch. go get old lucozade bottle, 2 to be precise and get a packet of chalk. when all these are ready, tie the red cloths each on the old lucozade bottle, use the chalk n make a big circle in the floor of the room. put the bottles with red cloths inside the marked circle, kneel down n shout ABIA for 10times. then go to bed, ur problem will never surface again.
dont forget to come n testify o.

1 Like

Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by amakajoe(f): 8:29am On Sep 17, 2014
yetundeadioyah: You have the answers only that you are too lazy. The only solution to stop your little brother from making indian Ocean out of mouka foam is by waking him Up @ intervals either during the day or over the night. Let him have dinner btw 6:30 and 7:00pm and take him to the toilet @ intervals b4 going to sleep and during sleep. By the time you do this for 3 months he will wake you up when he's pressed.

Tnx for d idea
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by iheanyi40(m): 8:34am On Sep 17, 2014
fapcrook: oya kill this guy
bro y r u hating na gringrin
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by brownsoldier(m): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2014
Dunno how true it is, but a friend once told me this is what is done in rural Tiv culture. A huge anthill is found and the top chopped off. Once the termites start coming out like they inevitably would, the child is stripped naked and forced to sit directly on the opening of the anthill for the termites to bite embarassed . After hours of endless biting n tears from d child, he/she is rescued in the hope that the pain leaves a lasting reminder grin
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 17, 2014
datguru: My grand mum had a device she made, I don't know how but it's for the boys, it's a pipe that would connect from your Di*k to your mouth once you are asleep. After I piss inside my mouth for the first day, that spirit leave me by force
Hilarious... grin
Hilarious...!
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by Amadaz(m): 9:26am On Sep 17, 2014
Prepare a meal for them with some wall gecko. Dats all
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by edegbemario(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2014
This one worked in my time......garther hot coals or hot fire wood, then add water to it or make him wee on it but make sure the smoke reaches his PP for a while, do that before he goes to sleep...it works like magic.
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by macklef(m): 10:21am On Sep 17, 2014
poiZon:

u r so lucky, u opened the thread at d ryt time. wont bore uu with my antecedents but will go straight to d point. startng from this night get a red cloth, tear it into 2long stretch. go get old lucozade bottle, 2 to be precise and get a packet of chalk. when all these are ready, tie the red cloths each on the old lucozade bottle, use the chalk n make a big circle in the floor of the room. put the bottles with red cloths inside the marked circle, kneel down n shout ABIA for 10times. then go to bed, ur problem will never surface again.
dont forget to come n testify o.
Bros, this is absolute juju o. Drawing white chalk on the floor? Well we use a marble floor, that chalk aint gonna show grin
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by macklef(m): 10:26am On Sep 17, 2014
Flytefalls: You're just primeval grin

Try and determine a bed time and stop (or if you think it's too cruel, just limit) any liquids about 2 hours before it (my brother slept at 7:30pm when he was 3). He can sip if thirsty, but encouraged to drink more during the day and less in the evening. The waking still must happen, so get used to it. You'll be a proud bro in time smiley

Really?? Your brother must be very gentle. Mine is so hyperactive, he barely even closes his eyes/nor sit down during the day. In fact the average time he sleeps is 10-11pm, and if he dares sleep in the day which we dont even allow if possible, he sleeps by 12-1am.
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by macklef(m): 10:28am On Sep 17, 2014
Loool... Thats sheer wickedness tho. undecided
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by macklef(m): 10:34am On Sep 17, 2014
uzomore: Op try waking him up @ some interval,b4 he goes to bed caution him nt to weewee on bed dat big boys lik him dnt weewee
Lolzz, anytime u mention big boy to my bro, uld hear, ''no no no' am stiii a baby''
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by macklef(m): 10:37am On Sep 17, 2014
cintia: Laugh wan kill me die, please leave the boy alone,since you weewee to teenage maybe it runs in your family The best you can do is to limit his water intake from 7.00 pm and wake him up at night to weewee
Lol. Mind urself o. Thanks for d advice tho.
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by macklef(m): 10:38am On Sep 17, 2014
Jarchi: Sleeps in d toilet or cut his pee'ing organs
#sigh
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by macklef(m): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2014
ObiOkpor: Not reduction of liquid intake or whatever can stop a child from bedwetting.
Wake the child every 1 to 2 hours by calling his or her name by taping him/her to urinate.Help the child in the process of weeing.
With time,it becomes part of the child to wake any body beside to help him/her to wewee.
My nephew will be 4 next year,but he never bedwet even though he wakes in the midle of the night and consume 1 tank of water
Awesome.
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by macklef(m): 10:44am On Sep 17, 2014
fairheven: @OP,Maybe the proper question should be,how did you stop bedweeweeing?so,share your experience first cool

I stoped at 13. I definately felt embarassed when my dad took me to school that morning, i was in js3 then.
And he collaboed with my principal to disgrace me publicly. He promised to change my school next term if i stoped weeweeing.
I had no choice cry cry
Of course i dont want my kidbro to be threatened like that too.
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by macklef(m): 10:47am On Sep 17, 2014
brownsoldier: Dunno how true it is, but s friend once told me this is what is done in rural Tiv culture. A huge anthill is found and the top chopped off. Once the termites start coming out like they inevitably would, the child is stripped naked and forced to sit directly on the opening of the anthill for the termites to bite embarassed . After hours of endless biting n tears from d child, he/she is rescued in the hope that the pain leaves a lasting reminder grin
I wunt try this, trust me.
Re: What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? by paris10: 11:04am On Sep 17, 2014
OK, try this and no more bedwetting for your kids or younger ones.

* Get a tray and charcoals
* Place the charcoals in the tray and burn it. Use kerosine or any inflammable.
* Make sure its well done.
* Get your kid to urinate on the charcoals while it burns.

No more bedwetting. Try it. Do it once.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Ways To Handle Children While Visiting Public Places In Nigeria / An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman / If Your Spouse Cheated, How Would You Feel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.