Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug (3622 Views)

Battle Between Nigeria Army And IMN Today (Graphic Pics) / APC Leaders And Blocs In Fierce Battle Over Buhari's Ministerial List / Nigerian Troops Recapture Baga After Fierce Battle With Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by mmb(m): 11:18pm On Sep 16, 2014
Category: Lead stories Published on Tuesday, 16 September 2014 20:53 Written by Hamza Idris and Ibrahim Sawab, Maiduguri Hits: 1548

Fighting is ongoing between hundreds of Boko Haram insurgents who stormed Konduga town in Borno State today.
Security sources said the insurgents were “on a revenge mission after the heavy casualty they recorded last Friday.”
Last Friday, the insurgents met stiff resistance from Nigerian troops and members of the vigilante group, also known as civilian JTF.
Over 100 of their members were reportedly killed by Nigerian troops who rounded them up after a tip –off.
One of the security sources, who does not want his name in print because he was not authorized to speak said the fight was ongoing as at 8pm.
“From the information we have so far, the insurgents were armed to the teeth. They have mortars, anti aircraft missiles, rocket propelled grenades and assorted guns with a cover from Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs).
“As I am talking to you now, our men are engaging the terrorists… Their ultimate target is to subdue our men in Konduga so that they can advance to Maiduguri,” he said.
Details later.

Source: http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/34588-breaking-fierce-battle-between-nigerian-troops-and-boko-haram-ongoing-in-konduga
Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by smithsammy(m): 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
A nation under hullabaloo!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Osama10(m): 11:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
After all these sacrifice, some heartless corrupt nymphs would still demand for their heads.
Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by idupaul: 11:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nigerian Army sitting and waiting for boko haram to do the attacking since 1865 . Is there a law stopping our troops from being on the offensive?

12 Likes

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Plus10(m): 11:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
At the end of it,victory shall be ours.If you're with me on this please hit like.

Godbless the federal Republic of Nigeria.

39 Likes

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Onyejiuwaokoh: 11:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
God let your will be done in Nigeria, if division will save lives let it be done amicably than this blood flowing everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Rich4god(m): 11:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
I pray for more strenght to the NA... But when did the NA become Taribo West and Cannavaro, always defending...... Why cant they for ones attack these guy where ever they are.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
idupaul: Nigerian Army sitting and waiting for boko haram to do the attacking since 1865 . Is there a law stopping our troops from being on the offensive?
mumu, is dere a law stopping u from joinin the Nigerian army? sitting in the comfort of ur home typing rubish with free MB.. olodo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 16, 2014
Suddenly, there is enough news for Fulan Nasrullah to drop his propaganda of a situation report.

Boko Haram will be decimated, so shall their supporters.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by BlackTechnology: 12:00am On Sep 17, 2014
Did you guys read the part that said

Anti Aircraft missiles

These journalists should stop giving BH ideas ooooo

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by idupaul: 12:05am On Sep 17, 2014
hazekctravels:
mumu, is dere a law stopping u from joinin the Nigerian army? sitting in the comfort of ur home typing rubish with free MB.. olodo
You big Idiat .. For your info been there done that .. Something is clearly wrong and Ur are talking gibberish.. Don't worry when you become homeless your eye go open.. And if U there reply me I promise you your life will become miserable forever..try me please

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by BlackTechnology: 12:08am On Sep 17, 2014
tokunboh: Suddenly, there is enough news for Fulan Nasrullah to drop his propaganda of a situation report.

Boko Haram will be decimated, so shall their supporters.

This night attack is to prevent the military from exploiting their air power

If the military can soundly defeat BH this night and the next one, they might postpone their attack on Maiduguri for weeks or months.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by OreMI22: 12:11am On Sep 17, 2014
I wonder why we always allow these people to run away and then go regroup for another day.

It is time to engage them and keep engaging them until we get to sambisa.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 17, 2014
I still don't understand why the NA have to sit and wait all the time...

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by hunter21(m): 12:22am On Sep 17, 2014
They used to say we have 150million football coaches in nigeria, as of now i'd say we have 150million national seciurity advisers

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by tonyot(m): 12:44am On Sep 17, 2014
Dear Lord, please let your will be done

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 17, 2014
I swear, before now, happenings and NA's activities in the NE it used to bounce off my ears like a cool night breeze..but dear lord have I realized that this is war?? I bet i have. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by fitzmayowa: 1:18am On Sep 17, 2014
Kill them all...
Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 17, 2014
idupaul: You big Idiat .. For your info been there done that .. Something is clearly wrong and Ur are talking gibberish.. Don't worry when you become homeless your eye go open.. And if U there reply me I promise you your life will become miserable forever..try me please
It is u and ur entire lineage dat will become miserable untill dey die.. Big for notin foool, the biggest I have ever seen.. Why don't u go to the north and be on the offensive.. Stvpid jobbless goat..
Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Wily2wily: 2:57am On Sep 17, 2014
haaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Nigeria army on their heels haaaaaahaaa
Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Eldavido1: 3:45am On Sep 17, 2014
Wish our gallant men success!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Qelvin(m): 3:46am On Sep 17, 2014
Let's see how this goes...
Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by firefox4th(m): 3:48am On Sep 17, 2014
Let Jesus arise and His enemies be scattered.Let them be as wax before sun.AMEN !

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by phlemzy: 4:22am On Sep 17, 2014
Even a blind man sees this coming. We all know dat whenever they are forcely attacked, massively killed & then retreat, they come back with more men & weapons to reclaim their initial ground just within days. DHQ is expected to put on red alert to take down their second coming since dat is their regular way! Very very soon, BH will run out of fighters if we're not being lied to.
Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by persius555(m): 4:49am On Sep 17, 2014
I hope the army authorities saw this coming, cause we all saw this coming. We dont need intelligence to tell us they will regroup and fight back, i just hope the NA army and the NAF especially are well prepared this time. I wish the military best of luck. Give BH hell, cause they asked for it.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by persius555(m): 4:50am On Sep 17, 2014
hope the army authorities saw this coming, cause we all saw this coming. We dont need intelligence to tell us they will regroup and fight back, i just hope the NA army and the NAF especially are well prepared this time. I wish the military best of luck. Give BH hell, cause they asked for it.
Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by mainheart(m): 5:15am On Sep 17, 2014
God shall punish BH and their sponsors
Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by sweetguy10(m): 5:20am On Sep 17, 2014
Anybody with the right infos should please keep us abreast and update about what is currently going on , wishing our ever gallant NA success because night assaults are not easy to repel

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by persius555(m): 5:54am On Sep 17, 2014
Insurgencies are globally won with use of modern ariel surveillance. If the military cant get its hands on military lethal grade drones that costs millions of dollars, it can at least go for para military drones that costs far less than 100,000 dolls. With ten of these and a few night capable jet bombers of high precision, killing BH zombie foot soldiers will be a walk in the park. The military should think out of the cap.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by Amanwulu1(m): 6:19am On Sep 17, 2014
nigeria under siege by intntnal elements. God be wit our soldiers, help dem n grant dem victory as dey take their stand against d ragtags

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Fierce Battle Between Nigerian Troops And Boko Haram Ongoing In Kondug by oluakadinma: 7:19am On Sep 17, 2014
One problem with war is that a bokoharam without gun becomes an innocent citizen. If you are in doubt, ask Buhaa. So if we employ offensive approach, it will be terrifying and remember bokoharams are our brothers with wrong thinking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apc's Islamic Agenda And The Synagogue Collapse / Deplorable Situation Of A Major Road In Ogbomoso Oyo State(pics Inside) / Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.