Stats: 3,155,484 members, 7,826,832 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? (1559 Views)

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / No Shame? The Chairman Of This Wedding Is Having S*x With The Lady Getting Marri / When Your Babe Shuns A Decent Mama Put Meal For An Expensive Eatery. (2) (3) (4)

Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by marvelck: 8:16am On Sep 17, 2014
Which is a bigger achievement for a woman; buying a car or getting married? an unmarried lady was seriously criticized recently by many for buying herself an expensive car when she's not yet married. Many felt it was an act of misplaced priority, and condemned her online seriously for doing so. A working class single lady once told me she decided to buy a small car instead of a jeep, cos of what people would say. And more so, it could also scare away guys (suitors). Who might feel intimidated cos of her success or material acquisition. Forget all the talk about equality and women liberation, there are still things unmarried ladies or women generally are not expected to do in a society like ours. When a woman try to 'over-do' a lot of people especially men are bound to frown at her. For daring to do things that are not conventional. And not a few women have gotten into trouble with their husband for this. That's why most of them are afraid or reluctant to venture into personal projects like building a house or buying of land, without the knowledge or consent of their husband. Cos, there are men who would still oppose it despite being told before doing it. It's kind an ego thing. Which most men have. And some of them feel when a woman does things like that, she's trying to displace her husband..And such issue dey scatter marriage, no be small....my dear, abeg enjoy your new car. Na your money, na your sweat, from your hard work!
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by justi4jesu(f): 8:17am On Sep 17, 2014
Are you referring to Linda Ikeji? grin grin grin

My money, My decisions..

Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by marieolae(f): 8:18am On Sep 17, 2014
I couldn't read d long paragraph. But if you got the money,please spend. There's nothing wrong in spoiling yourself
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by hannesy(f): 8:20am On Sep 17, 2014
I dnt know y u guys are making marriage a big Deal

Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by marvelck: 8:23am On Sep 17, 2014
She has the right to do whatever she likes with her money whether married or single

Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by DorisK(f): 8:29am On Sep 17, 2014
So single ladies shud keep taking keke nd taxis to work despite their elevated position till nd until a husband comes by? Wat of dis of us dat don't take dis marriage ish seriously?? Guys shud stop thinking marriage is d ultimate goal fo all ladies pls dats an ancient view

Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by Heycube(m): 8:31am On Sep 17, 2014
YOLO...d choice is urs. If I come in contact wit such a lady I wil advice her nt to ostentatious.
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by lirusehn(m): 8:35am On Sep 17, 2014
is it right for an unmarried guy to buy an expensive
Car?

If yes! Why shud she if she has the money? undecided
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by MabraO: 8:40am On Sep 17, 2014
Wetin be my own

Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by zizazizu: 8:44am On Sep 17, 2014
Ppl are amazing with some questions fa! So, a woman goes to the same school a guy goes to, passes through the same stress and finally gets a good job. And there is this car she has been dreaming of, now she can afford it. And then, what? She should ask the society if its right for her to fulfill a dream because she's unmarried? Hia! This is serious. Yes, I know our society is skewed to believe that a woman with means is not controllable, but I think a man who goes into a relationship with the mind to control a woman should also please tell her which coven of witches he belongs to!

Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by basille(m): 8:49am On Sep 17, 2014
The answer to the question is "Common sense".
My own question: is right for a jobless person to drink panadol for another person's head-ache?
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by emmyw(m): 9:07am On Sep 17, 2014
If your unmarried sister is rich and she buy an expensive car and still supplying your needs,would you ask such question?

Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by NnamdiN: 9:09am On Sep 17, 2014
Silly question

Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by marvelck: 9:31am On Sep 17, 2014
@ NnamdiN & emmyw, Its a pity most people only judge a book by its cover without reading the content. You should have atleast read the post before jumping to conclusion. I never said what she did was wrong. Its her life and her money. I'm just wondering why a lot of people are making a lot of noise about it. So, read before you conclude.
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by pasqal09: 9:36am On Sep 17, 2014
marvelck: @ NnamdiN & emmyw, Its a pity most people only judge a book by its cover without reading the content. You should have atleast read the post before jumping to conclusion. I never said what she did was wrong. Its her life and her money. I'm just wondering why a lot of people are making a lot of noise about it. So, read before you conclude.
Then rephrase the title of your topic

Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by marvelck: 9:58am On Sep 17, 2014
Done!
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 17, 2014
!
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 17, 2014
!

Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 17, 2014
lirusehn: is it right for an unmarried guy to buy an expensive
Car?

If yes! Why shud she if she has the money? undecided
Living in a man's world

She needs permission of a man to spend her own money.
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by Tallesty1(m): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2014
It is ok for a single lady to get a car but buying 1,2,3 cars is useless. Even if you are guy.
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by spanzed(m): 10:38am On Sep 17, 2014
Its for a woman to build a house...Car no be achievement grin and not just any house mind you..
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by DorisK(f): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2014
Okay let's assume marriage is my priority and no guy has com yet nd nw am d bank manager or d head of d chambers in a big law firm, I am nt still entitled to a befitting car cos of.... pls can all dez chronic African chauvinists tell me wat to do wit my money while waiting Probably I wud use it and marry a man right So if a lady doesn't get married she shud live an unhappy life nd sulk around n keep her money unspended in d bank Be realistic for good pls
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by ehisforever24(m): 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
that is the way Nigerian society is, it is believed that if a single woman acquires too much wealth she might not respect her future husband..........................
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by ideee03(f): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
Speaking from experience?
3cycle:
Yeah because in Nigeria only The married ladies are happy.
Single girls are sadists cursed by God for what they did while still young so dear to be happy and favoured by God you just have to get married.

Daalu grin

Op... I'm a nigerian single lady no matter How rich I become, until I get married I mustnt own a car if not no man will like to come close to me.

Later if I start a thread about guys with Low self esteem, clinton, neutralwaya and mrbrownjay will attack me like wonded lions.
Crazy world
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
I don't know why but i love to see single lady drive her own car and i pray to married one.

Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by Dreyl(m): 12:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
marieolae: I couldn't read d long paragraph. But if you got the money,please spend. There's nothing wrong in spoiling yourself
naija girls sha,smh. undecided
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by marieolae(f): 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
Dreyl: naija girls sha,smh. undecided
naija boys too
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by Dreyl(m): 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
marieolae: naija boys too
they did what? angry
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by NnamdiN: 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
marvelck: @ NnamdiN
didnt mean any offense. Sorry sir
Re: Which Is Better For A Single Lady; Getting Married or Buying An Expensive Car? by abel14(f): 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Buying an expensive car cus i dnt agree wt marriage.

He's Cute But... / Why Are We Still Attracted To Our Ex(es)? / Why Are Some Girls Like This