Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars (1288 Views)

Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu / TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds / Fraud Alert!!! Don't Pay To Anybody Having This Document (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by dayosaurus(m): 10:12am On Sep 17, 2014
Nigerian police are on the hunt for an IT staffer at Skye Bank who hacked into the bank's systems and transferred $40 million to a raft of bogus accounts before going on the run. Thirty-eight year old Isoko resident Godswill Oyegwa Uyoyou is alleged to have conspired with a criminal gang to access the bank's computer system and inflate the balances of various accounts.

Uyoyou, who worked in the information and communication technology department of Skye Bank, allegedly provided the gang with physical access to the bank's computer servers under the pretext of carrying out weekend maintenance.

The gang were in the process of withdrawing the cash when the heist was rumbled. So far, no arrests have been made and the bank has yet to issue any statement as to how much cash was lost to the fraud.

The country's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has issued a warrant for Uyoyou's arrest after a raid on his stated address drew a blank.

Source:http://www.finextra.com/news/fullstory.aspx?newsitemid=26446
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2014
jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by veritas007: 10:46am On Sep 17, 2014
I saw the news on CNN last night and I was really shocked. It goes to show the level of technology in this country. An analyst said it is basic hacking.
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by dayosaurus(m): 11:01am On Sep 17, 2014
veritas007: I saw the news on CNN last night and I was really shocked. It goes to show the level of technology in this country. An analyst said it is basic hacking.

Unbelievable, I was stunned..
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by dayosaurus(m): 11:02am On Sep 17, 2014
Mods please put this on FP na..
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by dayosaurus(m): 11:08am On Sep 17, 2014
Keneking: jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked
Wetin hin do?
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by kagari: 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
This thread has potentials
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by Wily2wily: 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
Keiiii Yorubas are work, Nigerians are in trouble.
Police should go after Yorubas immediately.
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by dayosaurus(m): 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
Wily2wily: Keiiii Yorubas are work, Nigerians are in trouble.

I'm sure you saw where the man was called an 'isoko' man.. stop hating poop
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by Wily2wily: 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
dayosaurus:
I'm sure you saw where the man was called an 'isoko' man.. stop hating poop
Isoko people are not Bank fraudsters, Yorubas must have deceived that guy, God have mercy Yorubas have finished Nigeria.
Police should go immediately after Yorubas before it get too late.
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by dayosaurus(m): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Wily2wily:
Isoko people are not Bank fraudsters, Yorubas must have deceived that guy, God have mercy Yorubas have finished Nigeria.
Police should go immediately after Yorubas before it get too late.

Have you eaten today??.. you've been ranting off point all day.. what is the problem?

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by Wily2wily: 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
dayosaurus:
Have you eaten today??.. you've been ranting off point all day.. what is the problem?
The problem is, Yorubas don finish Nigeria, they have succeeded in deceiving innocent Isoko man. Bank fraud and stealing is not Isoko peoples way of life. Why is Yorubas doing dis to Nigeria.
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by dayosaurus(m): 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
Wily2wily:
The problem is, Yorubas don finish Nigeria, they have succeeded in deceiving innocent Isoko man. Bank fraud and stealing is not Isoko peoples way of life. Why is Yorubas doing dis to Nigeria.

Since when did crime become a characteristic of a race?.. young man stop smoking weed..
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by Wily2wily: 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
dayosaurus:
Since when did crime become a characteristic of a race?.. young man stop smoking weed..
Dayo are you a foreigner?
Nothing sweet Yoruba pass Bank Fraud business. stay der make Yoruba man use eye see your bank details and see if you will not cry the next day
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by dayosaurus(m): 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
Wily2wily:
Dayo are you a foreigner?
Nothing sweet Yoruba pass Bank Fraud business. stay der make Yoruba man use eye see your bank details and see if you will not cry the next day

I'm sure you live in a Yoruba land, n you still yabbing them.
Re: Fraud Alert!!! Skye Bank Loses $40 Million Dollars by Wily2wily: 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
dayosaurus:
I'm sure you live in a Yoruba land, n you still yabbing them.
I live in Yoruba land?, May God forbid

(1) (Reply)

Check Your Voters' Status On INEC Website / Why Any Southerner That Votes For Buhari Need To Have His Head Examined / APC States Presidential Campaign Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.