Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,521 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. (24793 Views)

Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / EFCC Arrests 25 Prominent Nigerians Over $2billion Arms Purchase Scandal / EFCC Arrests Attahiru Bafarawa Over Arms Purchase Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 11:48am On Sep 18, 2014
Virgindove: Your submission was sensible. But if US placed informal arms embargo on us, Russia would be very happy to sell us arms.

Russia is under sanction presently and dey may not sell the specification we need. U buy frm who has exactly what u want.

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 11:53am On Sep 18, 2014
Virgindove: Fallacy! Russia cannot purchase from US and Europe, but can sell to any willing country.

Talking like she knows what she is saying, sorry, think again

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by 4dbeta: 11:54am On Sep 18, 2014
Abagworo: America is the most informed country in the world. For them to block this Government from weapon's acquisition means the Government might be behind Boko Haram.

Either that or something like that. America is not world power for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by texaco1: 11:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Exmay: Boss I understand perfectly the corruption angle to it. But just remember, there are 2 sides to a Coin...
I am glad we could find a point to agree on,I believe there was indeed an arms deal but because some people wanted to benefit from the deal,they decided to carry out the transaction in a dubious manner .
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by slydog(m): 11:59am On Sep 18, 2014
Demdem: Foolish govt with their world class lies.
If America no gree, Russia nko?
Are they insinuating that America also blocked Russia from selling arms to Nigeria?
Foolish set of people.

Exactly! Russia nko?
Can US block Russia from selling arms?

3 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by CrinkumCrankum: 11:59am On Sep 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Agreed, the US government refused to sell arms to Nigeria, must the Nigerian government do it with SA through the back door?

Then how will they fight your Boko Boys...anyway you calling it back door shows you ve agreed that USA runs countries,...even big countries..eg KSA
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by CrinkumCrankum: 12:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
slydog:

Exactly! Russia nko?
Can US block Russia from selling arms?

Yes they have done it several times.... Putin might be stubborn but bro to an extent they understand them selves
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
Dis is just daft.It'll the kind of excuse you get from a kid when he's caught red handed/pants down.
I was expecting a more robust explanation(knew they were not gonna come up with one anyways).All i hoped for was a "disappointment" but to my utter consternation they still came out with this poo;similar to what i was expecting...smh
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Exmay(m): 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
texaco1: I am glad we could find a point to agree on,I believe there was indeed an arms deal but because some people wanted to benefit from the deal,they decided to carry out the transaction in a dubious manner .
Lol... Don't get me wrong. It may not necessarily be a Dubious manner. It may just be an Alternative way due to prevailing circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
CrinkumCrankum:

Then how will they fight your Boko Boys...anyway you calling it back door shows you ve agreed that USA runs countries,...even big countries..eg KSA
What happened to the weapons, bomber jets and APCs recently bought? Why was the jet of Oritsejafor, not one of the 10 in the President's fleet, used?

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Daverytimes(m): 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
It is pretty evident that the United States has no interest in helping Nigeria, based on their warped sense of Morality. If that is the case then shouldn't we look at other sources for Arms Procurement? Russia? China? Pakistan? South Africa (Through the proper channels) and many other countries. Why cant we give a big middle finger to America and procure our Arms from reliable sources, who not only will sell us those weapons for a cheaper price but also deliver it on time. Isn't it time African Nations stop sucking up to these western Nations who are undermining our progress? isn't it time we started acting as Sovereign Nations?

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Truckpusher(m): 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ryabcool:
You are right that it is not an official statement and we can't wholeheartedly judge just yet. But we have to look at it objectively.

The US might want the split of Nigeria in 2015. But do you really think the US would be that dumb to attempt this shallow approach? This approach that can easily be seen through? Nahhh!

The point of this thread is trying to implicate the US in this arms deal, and we're saying it doesn't make any sense.

Like i said before; The US might have vested interests like what you listed above, BUT THIS ISSUE CLEARLY ISN'T ONE OF THEM.

Hope you get me?
I got your drift perfectly but what couldn't be possible when desperation sets in on the part of any distractor?

Like you rightly agreed this report cannot be confirmed and should be tossed to the waste bin for all I care.
Who knows if the same people that are generating this report aren't the same set of people that benefits from the chaos.

By design Nigeria's existence was suppose to be the that which continuously rely on foreign help for peace to reign and we were doing this under the military rule they came and said that we need democracy because they were afraid that one man becoming too powerful in Sub Sahara African country with a high population could give Ghadafi a good ally which would diminish their hold on Africa ,they arm twisted us until we decided to try democracy and bingo!! just two decades or less into democracy insurgency is threatening our very existence.

I sincerely feel sorry FOR OURSELVES that our leaders have to take orders from gangsters in the West that has no human sympathy for the black race .History has shown us that bigger and better countries have always worked towards the demise of another country that has the potentials to achieve greatness and question their dealings in their region,hence their leaders were always carefully chosen to serve as stooges and the ones that have refused to take those orders have paid dearly for it and sometimes when it seems difficult for these monsters to control the leadership,they ensure that the entire nation bears the brunt, therefore in my own opinion we should give our leaders a chance to govern us the best way they can, but if we continuously buy into the ideology that our leaders aren't good enough it'd only facilitate the demise of whatever gains we've made so far.

No matter how bad a place is home is home and brother remains a brother not some kind of larger than life friends with too many dangerous interests.

I'd rather listen to the dumbest Nigerian President than what America says anytime.

America is not our friend neither our enemy,Nigerians should stop washing their dirty linen outdoors..........If we should only read and open our eyes to the massive cooperate fraud committed by these people on their own people we'd be dumbfounded,but again my people said that the mental illness of a rich man isn't easily noticed by the public just because he's rich and can be managed.

The witch cried too tonight and the child died in the morning............If everything goes wrong in Nigeria America has a hand,of what interest I do not know but this is one of stock in trade Destabilizing countries that runs or wants to run policies that is against their interest.

Why is that as soon as the Chinese decided to throw open the market to African nations that's when you have insurgencies all over West African states.

Have we also forgotten how they sponsored coup in the 60s to the 70s even to early 80s,as soon as Africans started understanding the effect of changing a Govt. with the use of force they started instigating disgruntled people and labelled them REBELS and the ensuing civil wars raged from Liberia,Serria Leone,Congo to CAR etc and now that West Africans are becoming weary of senseless wars they have come with internal insurrection.
Have we forgotten how they were romancing with the so-called freedom fighters of the Niger Delta and called them militant ,a people that you and I know that they were just political thugs with guns that came to realise that a lot of money can be made through oil theft instead of doing thuggery for Governors and political office holders in their region
The moment they got so much money did you hear anything again? what kind of freedom fighter drops a fight when his people are still suffering from the oil and gas exploitation with nothing to show?

When Ojukwu said that his people can no longer stay in Nigeria and exist side by side with North, It was the same West that ensured that the Hausa/Fulani and their South West co-conspirators with the help of the Niger Delta to help beats back the Biafrans into line and Biafra never saw the light of the day.Because they were afraid that Ojukwu a Western trained scholar becoming leader with his military background will build a nation that would question the West about their hold on the mineral resources of the Niger Delta.

The West is responsible for most of our woes and our leaders are victims of circumstances and some of them do not truly deserve to be called 'leaders' but you can't blame them when there is a well organised machinery in place to beat them back into line if they refuse to play by the rules set by those who feels they own the world because they own the guns and the technology.

Anyone ,just anyone can wake up and blame the West for anything that goes wrong in Africa and I'll agree.

And finally the West killed Abiola because he has been agitating that Africa and African Americans should be compensated for slavery just the way the Jews were compensated for the holocaust by the NAZI regime of Adolf Hitler.......seeing such a man becoming a democratically elected president of overwhelmingly by the Nigerian divide gave them nightmares so they killed him and brought in Obasanjo who has ties with CIA even as a Nigerian head of state.

smh
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by benedictac(f): 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
uhuns: .

goggle out.....obama's cia runs biking haram. on youtube..,
please if you have not watch this film then, dont comment.

what is this one saying?
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by musaibnabdul(m): 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
A drunkard expects 150 million Nigerians to be drunkards, when there are tribes that forbids alcohol. Just saying GEJ would only lead to the end of Nigeria. Lame excuse as always
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by CrinkumCrankum: 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
ITbomb: For those of you shouting Russia, remember Russia is technically under sanctions and as allies to US (somehow) Nigeria is not expected to get some of this things through easily.
China is what I don't understand, maybe there is a hidden clause that Nigeria doesn't like.

US has consistently said that it is not selling lethal arms to Nigeria, all it can offer are helicopter for transport (sic).
And I believe Nigeria didn't want to wire the money so as to avoid the watchful eyes of the US NSA, people underestimate the grip US has on global financial transactions, when Jonathan said that it is their money and 'America will know' people were laughing.

I believe SA had to do what they did to avoid the wrath of US

U get " Sense "

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
What happened to the weapons, bomber jets and APCs recently bought? Why was the jet of Oritsejafor, not one of the 10 in the President's fleet, used?
The president jet was probaby busy carrying friends of Patience and militants of the Niger delta grin
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by CrinkumCrankum: 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Why would you "sensible" man use presidential Jet to buy Arms from the "Back Door"....hmm undecided
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by EVarn(m): 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
CrinkumCrankum:

Yes they have done it several times.... Putin might be stubborn but bro to an extent they understand them selves
My Fellow Compatriot, Let Me Make This Clear, While USA Is A World Leader,it Has Its Own Limits, Countries Like Russia Are Not To Be Triffled With,have U 4gotn Stalin,dont U Know How The Soviet Union Dominated The World, Do U Think That Even Now The US Would Have Been Able To Do Anything Other Than Place Meaningless Sanctions If NATO,EU Hadnt Backed Them Up In Dis Ukraine Crisis. Listen,the US Have Nuclear Weapons,So Do Russia, A War Between US And Russia Will Drag EU And Possibly Asian Allies In, Effectively Spiralling Into A World War That Will Make The First And Second Of Its Kind Look Like A Mere Insurgency. Even Now Tension Is Rising In The West,i Know There Isnt Gonna Be A Big War Anytime Soon,but Trust Me When I Say It Is Coming, A War Is Inescapable And It Would Be More Devastating Than The First Two.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by CrinkumCrankum: 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ogbeche77: The president jet was probaby busy carrying friends of Patience and militants of the Niger delta grin

No qualms, after all those jets came from our Oil money.....

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Demdem(m): 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
CrinkumCrankum:

Give me one instance where US stopped russia from selling weapons to whoever russia wants to sell it to in recent times.
No story, just one instance.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Aphrygian(m): 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
lincolnj88:
Biggest fool of d century....no politician is clean ..no party is clean .....put dat in ur thick skull..
ogbeni I no that,dats why I said I am nt affliated with any party.why should pdp stigmatise our only alternative when they themselves are not doing us good.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by EVarn(m): 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
I Know And I'm Very Sure That The West Will Still Go To War, Even Now War Is Already Warming Up What With The US-NATO-ARAB Coalition Force Against The IS.If African Countries Had Any Sense,then They Would Stay Out Of This Senseless War For Power And Dominion,if Africans Are Wise Enough To Keep There Noses Clean Then We Will Gain Immensely From There War,the Same Way They Have Gained From Many Of Our Skirmishes.I Have Alway Believe That We Should Seize Power Cunningly Not Brashly Challenge People We Know We Cant Beat. Now The ISIS Is Against The West,the West Wants To Bind Russia's Power To Prevent The Re-emergence Of The Soviet Union And Its Powers, The US Is Locked In Economic Rivalry With China As It Also Wants To Contain Terrorism That Is Beginning To Threaten It, And Arab Nation Are Beginning To Join Forces Against IS, Scotland Is Vying For Independence Which May Cause Ripple Effect On Other Countries. The World Politics Is Getting More Delicate Every Day.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ryabcool: No oo! No vex o! The matter no reach to vex at all! Oduah scandal no reach to vex. Chibok no reach to vex at all. 20billion Dollars missing no reach to vex at all at all. BringBackJona2015 no even warrant to vex at all. So if this mere 9.3million dollars vex u even the tiniest bit, then YOU MUST BE A SYMPATHETIC ISLAMIC APC BOKO HARAM AGENT! undecided

lolz.
-sympathetic? got no time 2 sympathize wit mofos
-Islamic? no thanks, I'm catholic
-APC? I stopped voting d day a ballot box I voted in was snatched in my presence
-Boko Haram agent? lolz. ah would've sold them off long ago. SheCow still has that ransom on his head, and that kinda money is gonna do me lots of good

d fact that this country is drowning in corruption isn't a good reason 2 lose faith in our country. we always blame the government, forgetting that WE are the government.
Election time comes and we're paid 1000naira and we willingly sell our votes,
We see ourselves in position of authority and we still cart away public funds,
We vote for individuals because of their ethnicity or religious backgrounds instead of credibility and accountability.
I'll use my state, Imo state as a case study. I was crazed when i heard some people complaining that they prefer ohakim to rochas because during ohakim's tenure, after public funds were looted, they trickled down to the populace, but that rochas has blocked all avenues of looting.
imagine that. and tomorrow, those same people would complain about looting.
na we dey do ourselves.
till we wake up and say enough is enough, there's still gonna be corruption, and till the masses decide to shun corruption, the government gonna be fleecing us.
this is my own token
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
Opiosko: They said US blocked our access to arm market and u are mentioning France as an alternative..... Hehehe! Nigeria and her bright youths.

Brother hahahaha, I nearly quoted the guy when I see am, I say mk I bone.

Who doesn't know France is US top right hand man in Euro?

You don't go near them if US is concerned, besides they are nt exactly the top sellers of arms.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Melahou(m): 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
mployer:

The deal is definitely illegal.

All their legal means has been frustrated.

dont be deceived my dear

http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/16331-keyamo-raises-11-point-poser-over-seized-9-3-million-arms-deal-oritsejafor-has-case-to-answer-falana-agoro
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Pataki: 2:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
Demdem:

Deeperlifer, why don't u give one if u avnt seen any so far. This post of urs is plainly foolish.

Don't mind the rancid hypocrite. Very very foolish post from him.

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Melahou(m): 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
mployer:

It adds up perfectly bro.

issue became more embarrassing because the Federal Government had decided to do cover up, wondering why two private individuals would be hired to procure ammunition for a legitimate government and not the Ministry of Defense, which has the sole responsibility of doing such arms transaction- Femi Falana

you are the only one that cant read btw the lines
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
gboss4sure: The USA continues to see Nigeria as a threat to its interest in the whole of Africa and right from the onset I was 100% sure that America will not allow Nigeria get high tech ammunition to quench boko haram which is been suspected as their creation like al quaeda and Isis.

Nigeria should struck a deal with China and Russia via the black market for arms purchase. The USA doesn't have the interest of Nigeria at heart. All these sweet talks are just to deceive the gullible, behind the curtain they show their true colors.
First of all, we don't see you as a threat. Not now, not in the next 300 years... your infrastructure just can't catch up fast enough for you to be a serious "competitor".

Secondly, you really believe America hates you but China and Russia love you? Roflmao keep dreaming.

Anyway, the terrorist arm of your govt got exposed in far away South Africa, and that's all there is to it.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
Daverytimes: Isn't it time African Nations stop sucking up to these western Nations who are undermining our progress? isn't it time we started acting as Sovereign Nations?
Isn't it time Africans demand better from their leaders instead of being sheepish followers of the corrupt elite?
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by millhouse: 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
na wa
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by lucianohase(m): 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
omenka:
And it gets more interesting!!!
What hasn't this government blamed for her failures??
Can't wait to get the reply from Washington!!
Our government may be big time liers but that doesn't mean that they tell lies all the time! The US government are bigger/sophisticated liers than Nigerian government.I have always believed that US have a hand in boko haram sponsorship.One thing I know we all know is that, when a country does not dance to the tune the US plays,the country will be in deep shit, I'm not surprised!!! Check this out :http://tarnews.co.za/frontpage/boko-haram-is-a-cia-covert-operation-wikileaks/ . If u want to know the biggest terrorists we have on earth,its the US government......the big CIA,FBI and NSA!!!! I know quite well that the Nigerian government both past and present have made Nigerians not to trust a single word they say, and I won't blame we nigerians for that.All I know is that we are still growing up,we are yet to be a matured democracy.But let's have this in mind, that the "angel", we all see as angel(US),is the REAL DEVIL we need to fear. Even if APC wins 2015 elections,the US will still want them to dance to their tune and they don't care whether it is to the detriment of Nigerians and their culture. A lot of dirty games go on when it comes to international politics.....

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: First of all, we don't see you as a threat. Not now, not in the next 300 years... your infrastructure just can't catch up fast enough for you to be a serious "competitor".

Secondly, you really believe America hates you but China and Russia love you? Roflmao keep dreaming.

Anyway, the terrorist arm of your govt got exposed in far away South Africa, and that's all there is to it.

Same way Libya, Iraq and now Syria wasn't a threat to you and the same way you loved them that your Government wrecked havoc and destroyed it. Oh lest I forgot, same wa your Government spent 5 billion usd to help ukraine grin grin grin. One sentence the world is afraid of hearing from America is "We Love You and Have Good Intentions For you".

Why is your Government scuttling the arms purchase orders made by the Nigerian Government? What are you guys scared of

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark / EFCC Boss Magu Blasts Lawyers Defending Looters / Aliyu Sabiu-Muduru Visits Solomon Dalung (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.