Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. (24556 Views)

Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / EFCC Arrests 25 Prominent Nigerians Over $2billion Arms Purchase Scandal / EFCC Arrests Attahiru Bafarawa Over Arms Purchase Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by CrinkumCrankum: 9:44am On Sep 18, 2014
Truckpusher: You now believe a foreign a Govt. more than your own Govt.?

How pathetic can you guys be all in the name of party affiliation.

Besides that was Premium Times exclusive report and not FG's official release.

You guys need to read before commenting abeg.

After now you'll be shouting 'dumbo' when your own dumbness stinks to high heavens.

smh

These guys are very lazy to think....now he believes that America can expose Nigeria Government or even destroy it SMH
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 9:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Ryabcool: [b] True.

But wouldn't going behind the US' back to purchase weapons make matters wayyyy worse?

First, the US would henceforth see the current government as a huge threat!

Secondly, whats the point of going to get the weapons in secret when the US will eventually find out?

In addition, FG has been procuring its weapons and more recently fighter jets from the East bloc since the insurgency arose. What then was the need to go backdoor again? When Russia def doesn't give a hoot about what the US thinks.

Moreso, Jonathan has found solace in running to Germany(part of the East bloc) for medical treatment instead of going to the West. Obviously, Jonathan trusts his life with them. And for this to happen, it is VERY SAFE to say he must be in cahoots with them. So trying to implicate the US at this period is a not good enough of an excuse

It doesn't make any sense. And any government official who thought this up really isn't mentally fit for the job. And thats if we're to go with your train of thought.

This only points to one thing; this statement from the FG is attempt at justification, but falls short. The US might have vested interests, but this clearly isn't one of them. [/b]

I like ur reasoning even though I don't agree totally
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Lekeydey(m): 9:45am On Sep 18, 2014
The Truth Is That This Is One Of Those Money Stealing Issue Gone Sour. There Are Many Possibilities But My Thought Is That The Statement Is A Damage Control, We May Never Know The Real Intent Of The People Involve, But One Thing I Know, That Money Has Nothing To Do With Buying Weapons, But When Things Did Not Go Well, Weapon Buying Is A Good Story. Fortunately Nigerians Are Wiser But Can We Change The Prevailing Perpetual Deceiving Situation Of Our Leaders?
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by chemali: 9:46am On Sep 18, 2014
If the US places an arms embargo on any country, more often than not, it's public knowledge. Such mindless lying... It's a shame that educated people are holding brief for a government they should be asking questions. There are so many gaps in the stories from the gocernment, involved parties and insults from CAN in the past three days. Rather than ask questions of this government proving that we are not buying their crap, some senseless twats sit and put up all manner of defence. Shouldn't the National assembly be tasked with unravelling this embarrassment? The Nigerians in South Africa have been complaining of being labelled criminals - the government of Nigeria just reinforced this perception and they should be made to explain.

3 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by 4dbeta: 9:46am On Sep 18, 2014
khafrahdante:

Yes because Nigeria believes in legitimacy incase you dont know.We might be corrupt indoors but outdoors we do what is right

Nigeria believes in legitimacy? Why the black market deal with S.Africa?
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Demdem(m): 9:46am On Sep 18, 2014
poiZon: @demdem pls can u back up ur statement wif proof.
thnx
APC in ABYSS!

What statement do u want proof for? Are u blind that u can't see what I Av been quoting since?
Ffuck apc

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 9:48am On Sep 18, 2014
BTT:

Yes actually.

There are sanctions on Russia right now that disables her economy from selling arms.

I stand to be corrected.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by 100Cents: 9:48am On Sep 18, 2014
Christoskurion: The worst is that many of our citizens prefer becoming their accomplice in destroying their motherland to putting our collective effort to build a better Nigeria. You may succeed in destroying your home and live outside but that day must come when you will accept that there is no place like home.

Don't mind Nigerians.

Most people have a negative mentality. They will believe US, believe South Africa and believe Sharia reporters only to discredit GEJ, PDP or Nigerian Army whose soldiers are losing their lives daily to protect the sanctity of the Nation..

This destructive mentality is why most Nigerians cannot feed well. He who fights to destroy what belongs to another will never have his own.

My little stint in business has shown me that 70% of Nigerians are value destroyers...

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by ayodejy05(m): 9:48am On Sep 18, 2014
What is the authenticity of this post? I just won't believe this as true because all news publishers in Nigeria are not reliable and majority are liars and propagandas
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Objektive: 9:49am On Sep 18, 2014
DaBullIT:

[size=30pt]You no try , he get something wey them dey call international relations and i no sure say russia too like 9ja ,

Sanctions still dey untop Nigerian Government for many things, read far back as 8 months ago , you go seeam say US vex for Gay law, them Vex for Missing 20Billion wey we never see

US vex say Jona no dey do anything as boko haram dey messup lives of people , CNN been show oga Jona the seconday wey boko haram arrest 300 girls where Jona dey dance up and down

He fit be say na why them no gree sell for US be that and he fit be say na there be the only place wey we dey buy weapon before

Besides, even if 9ja government go china or north pole, If US no wan allow the transaction , them no go allow am , that's why we have community for international leaders, they come together to discuss and set rules and deal out punishment

and all those people wey dey chew CAN president , he don clear for una eyes abi ... Always be objective , Granted Nigerian Government has failed us on several occasions , if we want the country to be better we have to know what our country's leaders can , or can not do .

[/size][size=8pt][/size]
Sahara reporter's report was flawed , Prejudiced and it was supposed to spread hate , divide Nigerians along religious lines

The first impression from thier breaking news was that CAN president was boko haram sponsor

Then they said he's an accomplice

Then they said It's illegal gun deal

Now they admit he was not aware of who hired the jet,
Now they are ashamed to tell the world that it was a legal transaction and that they failed woefully at what they are supposed to do best unbiased news

LESSON FROM YESTERDAY , ALWAYS HAVE THE FACTS BEFORE YOU comment , YOU CAN NOT BE THE JUDGE , THE JURY AND THE EXECUTIONER ESPECIALLY IN SENSITIVE MATTERS LIKE THIS , SO FORTHWITH REMAIN OBJECTIVE, THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND DON'T LET YOU BE USED TO DESTABILIZE THE ALREADY FRAGILE COUNTRY

OP, someone please push this comment to front page if possible, if not , i'll just use larger font , i want everybody who's been biatching about christians being sponsors of terror and all of that to see how gullible and wrong they were

I CONCUR

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 9:50am On Sep 18, 2014
4dbeta:

Nigeria believes in legitimacy? Why the black market deal with S.Africa?

Some people are so "intelligent" that they don't even read b4 dey jump into commenting
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 18, 2014
Efizzi: Shouldn't this country be ashamed. Depending on whites for arms. The same whites you would insult tomorrow. What happens to manufacturing your own arms. All I hear is we have all the money to buy arms..rubbish. Big nation myopic vision.

Gold star! Exact comment I was looking for before I make mine.

Why can't nigeria manufacture its own arms? Those billions of dollars should be enough to train people for that.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Ryabcool(m): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2014
kenex4ever:

I like ur reasoning even though I don't agree totally

Thanks a bunch. We are all entitled to our opinions. Just that we all owe it to ourselves to think objectively and not out of sentiments.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by CrinkumCrankum: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2014
Demdem:

Stop being stupid. A large batch of helicopters is surely more than 9 million dollars jonaadaft cohorts took to SA. What do they want to buy in SA that russia can't offer considering they have earlier offered far more than t that a month ago?

No wonder ppl attack you any how...read my post again

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2014
ubongutioh: Seems like the truth. But we should have opted for Russia though.... America is not what people think... They will close their eyes for Israel to kill Palestinians.... They suddenly woke up when ISIL start recruiting their teenagers... They secretly want Nigeria to disintegrate.

its dummies like you who bring this country back....pls do not tell me you buy the BS story...do you know the number of rogue sellers who would have sold to Nieria?why in the world would US block Nigeria's attempt to buy arms?are we sane in Nigeria at all?

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Firefire(m): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2014
The truth shall be told one day! undecided
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by JEITO: 9:55am On Sep 18, 2014
It is only a fo0l that would use insultive words at his/her President

You musnt like him, but show him some respect. angry
Abi can you insult your father like this?
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Enouwem(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2014
The Nigerian government wanted some
cache of weapons in South Africa and so
they borrowed Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's
private jet. Probably because the self-
acclaimed giant of Africa could not find a
befitting aircraft amongst her fleets of
military planes to transport the intended
weapons for them, not even among the 10
private jets in President's fleet. It is Ayo
Oritsejafor's jet that was the best.
Meanwhile, Ayo Oritsejafor did not know
that the government intended to use his
jet to buy weapons. He leased his jet to a
2nd person ( Eagle Air) and the 2nd
person leased to the 3rd Green Coast
Produce) and then the 3rd to the 4th One
Mr John Ishyaku or so (who happens to be 2
be an agent of the government wit one
person and an Israeli with 9.3 million
dollars).
Sorry, I get it, the Israeli told our
government that they should rather buy
weapons from South-Africa instead of his
country, Israel, because it is better for SA
to take the money than Israel who
supposedly makes better weapons. Wao, wat
a nyc man. So generous of the Israeli. So
Israelis buy weapons for us. Military
experts from our country did not have to
follow to inspect the weapons and the
inventory. Beautiful!
Also, the South African government was
unaware that the Nigerian government was
coming to buy weapons in their country. In
their shock, they seized the jet and the
money. Well, buying arms is more or less
like buying noodles. It is not a serious thing
and so any government can walk into
another country without informing the host
country that they intend buying weapons in
their country. So foreign government just
walk into another country like that, buy
weapons and then off they go. And this is
how the government of Nigeria have been
buying weapons since 1960? Terrific! Una
do well!
Moreover, tot d man said dey bought him d
jet to ease his duty and support his
ministry, his using d jet as Kabu Kabu part
of his ministry too? His d money coming
frm d Kabu kabu goin bak into d ministry
or personal pocket? Shebi, Any transact
btw two countries are bn done by d Central
Banks? Abi, my ova sabi is gettin too
much? Ok, let me leave dat to d bankers.
Morever, I tot d F.G now insist on Cashless
Banking or it is not effective to d Ogas at
d top? Moreso, where is such huge money
comin frm b4 getting into d suit cases?
Many Question dat want unlimited ansas...
Even though only God knows wat we dnt
know but is quite funny how d Ogas at d
top plays wit our intelligences forget dr is
one OGA PATA PATA AT THE TOP waiting
for dem to serve dem ryt. And so shall he
serve evrybody according to wat he put
forward.
For all evil doers remember law of gravity
applicable to any theory in this word
perchance our existence so take heed and
turn a new leaf......
because DIS BLOOD U PPU ARE SHARING,
DIARIS GOD OOO!

3 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by poiZon: 9:57am On Sep 18, 2014

Crap. Where Av u been that u aren't conversant with current news.
Nigeria new set of helicopters are coming from Russia.
[/quote]

this i need proof. i be thomas, i need see it, read it, then can belivit. pls no link from saharareporters abeg.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 9:57am On Sep 18, 2014
CrinkumCrankum:

The guy comments before reading
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Truckpusher(m): 9:58am On Sep 18, 2014
Ryabcool: [b] True.

But wouldn't going behind the US' back to purchase weapons make matters wayyyy worse?

First, the US would henceforth see the current government as a huge threat!

Secondly, whats the point of going to get the weapons in secret when the US will eventually find out?

In addition, FG has been procuring its weapons and more recently fighter jets from the East bloc since the insurgency arose. What then was the need to go backdoor again? When Russia def doesn't give a hoot about what the US thinks.

Moreso, Jonathan has found solace in running to Germany(part of the East bloc) for medical treatment instead of going to the West. Obviously, Jonathan trusts his life with them. And for this to happen, it is VERY SAFE to say he must be in cahoots with them. So trying to implicate the US at this period is a not good enough of an excuse

It doesn't make any sense. And any government official who thought this up really isn't mentally fit for the job. And thats if we're to go with your train of thought.

This only points to one thing; this statement from the FG is attempt at justification, but falls short. The US might have vested interests, but this clearly isn't one of them. [/b]
I sincerely agree with you on this.
But you have to understand that this particular report was Premium Times exclusive report given to them by unanimous govt defence officials or whatever what and can't be trusted.

Read the report again and tell me where the govt has officially released a statement to buttress home that the points raised in this report was what actually transpired.

I hope you are aware that Hilary Clinton objected and rejected any move to label Boko Haram as terrorist group and her husband came here shamelessly to say that Boko Haram was a result of neglect and injustice by the Govt. even if we are to believe that there are some atom truth in what he said ,then the question is ;why are they the 'boko haram' killin innocent Nigerians in their dozens ,why are they kidnapping school girls ,why aren't they killing govt. officials in their dozens.

Let us wait because the truth of whatever is going on in this country would be known it is just a matter of time.

In as much as I do not believe in the sincerity of our leaders I wouldn't still jump into conclusion that the US isn't trying to undermine our security one way or the other.

They said that by 2015 Nigeria would be a failed state and so far everything is pointing towards that direction.

And let me also remind you that some senators in the US that sees themselves as champions of human right have been agitating that Nigeria should be punished for making gay activities criminal and this is where we are right now and finally the policies of state interest being made by this current administration isn't going down well with some quarters in the West.

Take it or you leave it we are at a cross-road to a new era that'd define the direction this country must follow and of course there are going to be hitches and it won't be an easy one.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by sexzskil(f): 9:59am On Sep 18, 2014
HONESTLY SPEAKING, 99.9 PERCENT OF NAIRALANDERS ARE JUST PLAINLY DUMB. THE COMMENT HERE MAKES ME CONCLUDE THAT THE BLACK RACE HAS NO IOTA OF HOPE, THREE MAJOR PROBLEMS, AND ONE OF SUCH IS AWKWARD IGNORANCE AS DISPLAYED ON THIS FORUM FROM TIME TO TIME, INCLUDING THIS THREAD. THE NIGERIAN GOVT CONTINUES TO DECEIVE THE GULLIBLE MASSES, AND THE GULLIBLE MASSES THINK THEY ARE WAY SMARTER... RIDI...RIDICULOUS, BABY!
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by CrinkumCrankum: 9:59am On Sep 18, 2014
chemali: If the US places an arms embargo on any country, more often than not, it's public knowledge. Such mindless lying... It's a shame that educated people are holding brief for a government they should be asking questions. There are so many gaps in the stories from the gocernment, involved parties and insults from CAN in the past three days. Rather than ask questions of this government proving that we are not buying their crap, some senseless twats sit and put up all manner of defence. Shouldn't the National assembly be tasked with unravelling this embarrassment? The Nigerians in South Africa have been complaining of being labelled criminals - the government of Nigeria just reinforced this perception and they should be made to explain.

Why would they make arm embargo on Nigeria public..... are we killing innocent ppl or boko Haram, so why will this kind of embargo go public when there is nothing to substantiate it....
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by CrinkumCrankum: 10:02am On Sep 18, 2014
sexzskil: HONESTLY SPEAKING, 99.9 PERCENT OF NAIRALANDERS ARE JUST PLAINLY DUMB. THE COMMENT HERE MAKES ME CONCLUDE THAT THE BLACK RACE HAS NO IOTA OF HOPE, THREE MAJOR PROBLEMS, AND ONE OF SUCH IS AWKWARD IGNORANCE AS DISPLAYED ON THIS FORUM FROM TIME TO TIME, INCLUDING THIS THREAD. THE NIGERIAN GOVT CONTINUES TO DECEIVE THE GULLIBLE MASSES, AND THE GULLIBLE MASSES THINK THEY ARE WAY SMARTER... RIDI...RIDICULOUS, BABY!

OK Now tell us what you think plays out here...or forever shut ur crap.......

4 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by texaco1: 10:02am On Sep 18, 2014
4dbeta:

Can you please, explain how Nigeria STANDS A THREAT to America?
I wonder oo.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2014
milehigh06:

its dummies like you who bring this country back....pls do not tell me you buy the BS story...do you know the number of rogue sellers who would have sold to Nieria?why in the world would US block Nigeria's attempt to buy arms?are we sane in Nigeria at all?

U don't believe anything other than d small one u know (which is anything abt dis govt is BAD) that's y u just confirmed dat u r among the insane nigerians
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by texaco1: 10:05am On Sep 18, 2014
django1:

Gold star! Exact comment I was looking for before I make mine.

Why can't nigeria manufacture its own arms? Those billions of dollars should be enough to train people for that.
I was going to ask this same question. what happened to the defence industry corporation of nigeria (DICON)?

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2014
ubongutioh: Seems like the truth. But we should have opted for Russia though.... America is not what people think... They will close their eyes for Israel to kill Palestinians.... They suddenly woke up when ISIL start recruiting their teenagers... They secretly want Nigeria to disintegrate.
Why can't u produce ur weapons?
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2014
Enouwem: The Nigerian government wanted some
cache of weapons in South Africa and so
they borrowed Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's
private jet. Probably because the self-
acclaimed giant of Africa could not find a
befitting aircraft amongst her fleets of
military planes to transport the intended
weapons for them, not even among the 10
private jets in President's fleet. It is Ayo
Oritsejafor's jet that was the best.
Meanwhile, Ayo Oritsejafor did not know
that the government intended to use his
jet to buy weapons. He leased his jet to a
2nd person ( Eagle Air) and the 2nd
person leased to the 3rd Green Coast
Produce) and then the 3rd to the 4th One
Mr John Ishyaku or so (who happens to be 2
be an agent of the government wit one
person and an Israeli with 9.3 million
dollars).
Sorry, I get it, the Israeli told our
government that they should rather buy
weapons from South-Africa instead of his
country, Israel, because it is better for SA
to take the money than Israel who
supposedly makes better weapons. Wao, wat
a nyc man. So generous of the Israeli. So
Israelis buy weapons for us. Military
experts from our country did not have to
follow to inspect the weapons and the
inventory. Beautiful!
Also, the South African government was
unaware that the Nigerian government was
coming to buy weapons in their country. In
their shock, they seized the jet and the
money. Well, buying arms is more or less
like buying noodles. It is not a serious thing
and so any government can walk into
another country without informing the host
country that they intend buying weapons in
their country. So foreign government just
walk into another country like that, buy
weapons and then off they go. And this is
how the government of Nigeria have been
buying weapons since 1960? Terrific! Una
do well!
Moreover, tot d man said dey bought him d
jet to ease his duty and support his
ministry, his using d jet as Kabu Kabu part
of his ministry too? His d money coming
frm d Kabu kabu goin bak into d ministry
or personal pocket? Shebi, Any transact
btw two countries are bn done by d Central
Banks? Abi, my ova sabi is gettin too
much? Ok, let me leave dat to d bankers.
Morever, I tot d F.G now insist on Cashless
Banking or it is not effective to d Ogas at
d top? Moreso, where is such huge money
comin frm b4 getting into d suit cases?
Many Question dat want unlimited ansas...
Even though only God knows wat we dnt
know but is quite funny how d Ogas at d
top plays wit our intelligences forget dr is
one OGA PATA PATA AT THE TOP waiting
for dem to serve dem ryt. And so shall he
serve evrybody according to wat he put
forward.
For all evil doers remember law of gravity
applicable to any theory in this word
perchance our existence so take heed and
turn a new leaf......
because DIS BLOOD U PPU ARE SHARING,
DIARIS GOD OOO!

U left u brain at home and now u r in the office typing with ur bare hand. Senseless!!!

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Demdem(m): 10:08am On Sep 18, 2014
CrinkumCrankum:

Dp
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Demdem(m): 10:08am On Sep 18, 2014
CrinkumCrankum:

Ur post is plain empty. No facts but insinuations with zero basis. Is like me insinuating that Jonaadaft is Gay despite having sheepo. Anyone can insinuate foolishly and I Av a choice to attend to such or not.

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Objektive: 10:10am On Sep 18, 2014
BEREM TRY AND REPLY THE ARTFUL AND MISLEADING HEADING THAT IS THE EXCLUSIVE PRESERVE OF PROPAGANDIST. THIS IS NOT AN ANSWER

berem: you have been mute since this illegal arms deal by Jonathan and Pastor Ayotallah Bin Oritsejafor started. What do you have to say in the matter?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Don’t Carry AK-47 - Bala Mohammed Begs Herdsmen / Boko Haram Give Reasons For Cease Fire / Faith Sakwe And Husband's 2nd Wedding Anniversary Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.