Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. (24555 Views)

Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / EFCC Arrests 25 Prominent Nigerians Over $2billion Arms Purchase Scandal / EFCC Arrests Attahiru Bafarawa Over Arms Purchase Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by rexzqcom(m): 8:06am On Sep 18, 2014
Is always wise to get balanced information from all sides before passing judgment. Most Isis weapons are USA made, they got them from Saudi. Usa have dedicated intelligence that monitors world arms movements.Their predictions for 2015 is based on their knowledge of armaments by certain group in Nig. Most NA weapons, supposed, are Usa made, and are compatible to Israeli's and SA products. You cannot use Russian or Chinese ammunition to operate US weapons.

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Proffdada: 8:06am On Sep 18, 2014
so Nigeria thinks she's wise enough to deflect USA's agenda to ruin her by dealing in secret arms trade. she's already poked from behind and now doing overtime bj
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Rilwayne001: 8:07am On Sep 18, 2014
redcap:

Stuupid comment,why not give us a better option like fashola or any other credible candidate other than ur serial loser,buhari.
I have always posited that until the opposition party present us with someone else other than buhari,atiku or any power hungry northerner I will stick with jona(he remains the demon I know).

4 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 18, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
This is a bloody lie from the pit of hell, and today I promise you this: GOODLUCK EBERE JONATHAN WILL NOT BE PRESIDENT COME FEBRUARY 15, 2015! Neither State nor Justice (Depts.) has Nigeria blacklisted from legal Arms purchases. What we have been against from jump were the illegalities involved in their procurement and transactions. To blame the United States for this scandal is to admit what we have thought all along: THIS CORRUPT NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT HAS A HAND IN THE INSURGENCY AND HAS A LOT TO ANSWER!!!

If Nigeria pushes, we will push back. Theres a lot to be revealed and I think its about time this evil group of people leading Nigeria to the abyss are put to shame once and for all.

Abeg ooo who is the "we"? Lmao.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Xfemt(m): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2014
All of ona be big fooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllll. What if watin the admin post here na true, some time I wonder if na our government be the problem or na the individual wan the government they control be the problem foolsh set of 160 million Nigerians
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Demdem(m): 8:08am On Sep 18, 2014
[s]
Opiosko: Lol! See this drunk armchair analyst . A move towards Russia or any US rival for arms and defence matters at a time like this will cause the US to instigate a coup in Nigeria. GEJ is not dumb. Self preservation first.
[/s]

And yet another fool qouted me. Foolish talk.

5 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 18, 2014
redcap:
Stuupid comment,why not give us a better option like fashola or any other credible candidate other than ur serial loser,buhari.
I'm with you on this abeg.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by shigoslim(m): 8:08am On Sep 18, 2014
When would APC get sense tongue always criticise everything led by the uncle Jonathan wink .

When Nigeria losing the war the blamed uncle Jonathan for lack military hardware smiley , now we are winning the war tongue the be like shecow.

The money to smuggle to south-Africa was not from Nigeria government, was donated by well meaning nigerians to fight against terrorist wink smiley tongue
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by sapientia(m): 8:09am On Sep 18, 2014
FG blames USA.. Am waiting for the USA to debunk the claims. Thats what any right thinking Nigerian should do.. I believe the FG.. I wonder how people are busy talking about arms sales when they know nothing about it.. Iran can buy from russia.. Even syria.. But no country that still recieves aids from USA in anyway can do that.. Simple logic.. Lets save ourselves some stress and watch the USA prove they didnt want their prediction of Nigeria breaking in 2015 to come true by frustrating FG's efforts to curb d insurgency in the North-East..

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Gbawe2: 8:10am On Sep 18, 2014
Rawani: I remember when a huge shipment of arms were intercepted at Apapa Port some years ago. The importers were never unraveled, no-one was punished and the final destination of the arms remains a mystery, this can ONLY be done with the collusion of the government. Two months later, BH started using rocket-launchers to attack military barracks. The question then arises about the source of BH arms, since the FG has said the US is policing arms sales, and we know for sure BH arms are not only the ones seized from the barracks as our soldiers have complained of their superior fire-power.

The government seems to have been caught red-handed in trying to change their import method after their failure the first time, and ended up in hotter oil.

Absolutely. Anyone who believes the "human rights abuse" lies is a fool not willing to utilise the numerous historical evidence that shows the USA is ready to side with anything and anyone that helps the nation further her interest and crush perceived dangerous enemies. Did the USA not aid rebels, accused or serious violations of human rights and extra-judicial executions, in the effort to get rid of Muammer Gaddafi?

Nigerians should open their eyes, shun bias, clannish affiliation and prejudice to work with the reality most of us have the intellect to discern and make logical sense of. If the USA is seriously trying to stop the Nigerian Government from buying weapons then it will be because America fears the weapons will land in the wrong hands and strengthen promoters of terror which will ultimately threaten the interest of the USA sooner or later. There is no nation on earth that believes the saying "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" more than the USA. Were Nigeria truly an enemy of Boko Haram in the eyes of the USA then Nigeria would have all the assistance she needs, covert and overt, to crush the Boko boys.

6 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by yomexp(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2014
Demdem: Foolish govt with their world class lies.
If America no gree, Russia nko?
Are they insinuating that America also blocked Russia from selling arms to Nigeria?
Foolish set of people.
china will sell anything for you without cash. all they want is crude oil. a simple arm for oil would have suffice.

this is a sure case of money laundering

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 18, 2014
Obama has never hidden his contempt for Nigeria.

bastard kenyan
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by crunchyg: 8:13am On Sep 18, 2014
Please fellow Nairalanders, can't we read the handwriting on the WALL of Nigeria, please this is not the time to blame anybody or to say this or that about this person or that person but a time to take some minutes of your prayer time and pray for our dear country Nigeria.
#GodblessNigeria
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by DaBullIT(m): 8:13am On Sep 18, 2014
Are they insinuating that America also blocked Russia from selling arms to Nigeria?
Foolish set of people.

[size=30pt]You no try , he get something wey them dey call international relations and i no sure say russia too like 9ja ,

Sanctions still dey untop Nigerian Government for many things, read far back as 8 months ago , you go seeam say US vex for Gay law, them Vex for Missing 20Billion wey we never see

US vex say Jona no dey do anything as boko haram dey messup lives of people , CNN been show oga Jona the seconday wey boko haram arrest 300 girls where Jona dey dance up and down

He fit be say na why them no gree sell for US be that and he fit be say na there be the only place wey we dey buy weapon before

Besides, even if 9ja government go china or north pole, If US no wan allow the transaction , them no go allow am , that's why we have community for international leaders, they come together to discuss and set rules and deal out punishment

and all those people wey dey chew CAN president , he don clear for una eyes abi ... Always be objective , Granted Nigerian Government has failed us on several occasions , if we want the country to be better we have to know what our country's leaders can , or can not do .

Sahara reporter's report was flawed , Prejudiced and it was supposed to spread hate , divide Nigerians along religious lines

The first impression from thier breaking news was that CAN president was boko haram sponsor

Then they said he's an accomplice

Then they said It's illegal gun deal

Now they admit he was not aware of who hired the jet,
Now they are ashamed to tell the world that it was a legal transaction and that they failed woefully at what they are supposed to do best unbiased news

LESSON FROM YESTERDAY , ALWAYS HAVE THE FACTS BEFORE YOU comment , YOU CAN NOT BE THE JUDGE , THE JURY AND THE EXECUTIONER ESPECIALLY IN SENSITIVE MATTERS LIKE THIS , SO FORTHWITH REMAIN OBJECTIVE, THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND DON'T LET YOU BE USED TO DESTABILIZE THE ALREADY FRAGILE COUNTRY
[/size]

OP, someone please push this comment to front page if possible, if not , i'll just use larger font , i want everybody who's been biatching about christians being sponsors of terror and all of that to see how gullible and wrong they were

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Sirnuel: 8:13am On Sep 18, 2014
Na them sabi
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Opiosko: 8:13am On Sep 18, 2014
agabusta:

Its you that seems like the drunk armchair analyst to me. So what of the arm deals the Nigerian govt signed earlier this year with the Russians. Where will you place that one??
Lookie here, this is not the ideal time to do deal with Putin. The West nd US are at war over Ukrain. If Nigeria or any weak state should lean towards Russia now, a regim change will take place and another proxy war will start. Moreover, Putin's action in Ukrain is making it morally reprehensible to do deals with them now. U guys forget who America is just cos GEJ is invovled...
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by femmy2010(m): 8:15am On Sep 18, 2014
Foolish set of people.

This Country is indeed a joke.
They still continue giving those terrible excuses.
Keeping mute would have done them a small amount of good.
God help Nigeria cos No Man can.

4 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 18, 2014
spykes: 9ja FG scamming us since 1960...only God knows wat d money was 4?

That money wasn't meant for any arms. It is the normal money laundering the PDP-led government is used to.

4 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by DaBullIT(m): 8:17am On Sep 18, 2014
rexzqcom: Is always wise to get balanced information from all sides before passing judgment. Most Isis weapons are USA made, they got them from Saudi. Usa have dedicated intelligence that monitors world arms movements.Their predictions for 2015 is based on their knowledge of armaments by certain group in Nig. Most NA weapons, supposed, are Usa made, and are compatible to Israeli's and SA products. You cannot use Russian or Chinese ammunition to operate US weapons.

Your comment make sense die . Just help me dey tell them, some people dey skim ni , dem no dey read to understand , and when they manage to read, dem no dey think . first thing na comment , Thank God for Edit post button, but yet, some people no sabi use am
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Demdem(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2014
DaBullIT:

You no try , he get something wey them dey call international relations and i no sure say russia too like 9ja ,

Sanctions still dey untop Nigerian Government for many things, read far back as 8 months ago , you go seeam say US vex for Gay law, them Vex for Missing 20Billion wey we never see

US vex say Jona no dey do anything as boko haram dey messup lives of people , CNN been show oga Jona the seconday wey boko haram arrest 300 girls where Jona dey dance up and down

He fit be say na why them no gree sell for US be that and he fit be say na there be the only place wey we dey buy weapon before

Besides, even if 9ja government go china or north pole, If US no wan allow the transaction , them no go allow am , that's why we have community for international leaders, they come together to discuss and set rules and deal out punishment

and all those people wey dey chew CAN president , he don clear for una eyes abi ... Always be objective , Granted Nigerian Government has failed us on several occasions , if we want the country to be better we have to know what our country's leaders can , or can not do .

Sahara reporter's report was flawed , Prejudiced and it was supposed to spread hate , divide Nigerians along religious lines

The first impression from thier breaking news was that CAN president was boko haram sponsor

Then they said he's an accomplice

Then they said It's illegal gun deal

Now they admit he was not aware of who hired the jet,
Now they are ashamed to tell the world that it was a legal transaction and that they failed woefully at what they are supposed to do best unbiased news

LESSON FROM YESTERDAY , ALWAYS HAVE THE FACTS BEFORE YOU comment , YOU CAN NOT BE THE JUDGE , THE JURY AND THE EXECUTIONER ESPECIALLY IN SENSITIVE MATTERS LIKE THIS , SO FORTHWITH REMAIN OBJECTIVE, THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND DON'T LET YOU BE USED TO DESTABILIZE THE ALREADY FRAGILE COUNTRY

OP, someone please push this comment to front page if possible, if not , i'll just use larger font , i want everybody who's been biatching about christians being sponsors of terror and all of that to see how gullible and wrong they were

Fool, oya spin the below story also.

In August Russia and Nigeria signed a large contract for delivery of
helicopters, ITAR-TASS reports with reference to the head of Rostec
State Corporation’s delegation at ADEX-2014, Sergey Goreslavsky.
"In August a contract for delivery of a large batch of helicopters to
Nigeria was signed. This refers to significant number of Mi-171Sh
and a few Mi-35M helicopters", - Goreslavsky said.
He added that Mi-171Sh and other versions of Mi-17 helicopter are
in demand in Africa. "Mozambique is interested in these vehicles and
we are going to promote the helicopters at the exhibition held in
Republic of South Africa", - he added.
http://www.ruaviation.com/news/2014/9/17/2619/

6 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Ryabcool(m): 8:19am On Sep 18, 2014
DollyParton1: Gosh...... am ashamed of this government.
They lack adequate sense, their lies get k-leg.
no be una dey support am before? When we dey talk, una no gree hear word. Me i don siddon dey drink milo on the matter. One day, fowl yansh go open
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by texaco1: 8:21am On Sep 18, 2014
But please let us all know that this information isn't an official information from the nigerian authorities. Anonymous source can be anybody from a cleaner to a driver ,etc . I don't believe the nigerian govt will be so silly to accuse the usa govt like this considering the fact that there american agents with the nigerian army presently training our soldiers
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Rawani: 8:21am On Sep 18, 2014
Gbawe2:

Absolutely. Anyone who believes the "human rights abuse" lies is a fool not willing to utilise the numerous of historical evidence that shows the USA is ready to side with anything and anyone that helps the nation further her interest and crush perceived dangerous enemies. Did the USA not aid rebels, accused or serious violations of human rights and extra-judicial executions, in the effort to get rid of Muammer Gaddafi?

Nigerians should open their eyes, shun bias, clannish affiliation and prejudice to work with the reality most of us have the intellect to discern and make logical sense of. If the USA is seriously trying to stop the Nigerian Government from buying weapons then it will be because America fears the weapons will land in the wrong hands and strengthen promoters of terror which will ultimately threaten the interest of the USA sooner or later. There is no nation on earth that believes the saying "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" more than the USA. Were Nigeria truly an enemy of Boko Haram in the eyes of the USA then Nigeria would have all the assistance she needs, covert and overt, to crush the Boko boys.

My consolation lies in the hope that the the US will be provoked to respond to this audacious allegation by the Nigerian government, and might in the process reveal vital information clarifying the intended purpose of those weapons. Except of course the US Ambassador is as clueless as his host president.

4 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by chino4(m): 8:22am On Sep 18, 2014
We can't buy from Russia cos of the sanctions imposed on them and buying from china may strain our diplomatic relationship with the US who have blocked all legal means of purchase because of their human rights abuse.I dare the US govt to come out openly and deny it.Moreoover our expliots in ecomog and our big brother attitude to the rest ofafrica is not supported by the US and remember they have a vision of integration of the country by 2015 which must be allowed to come to pass.pls you guys should sit down and think .Why did they refuse to give us the Ebola drug zmapp and offered same to other African countries .The story may have some atom of truth .
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by mployer(m): 8:22am On Sep 18, 2014
Philipmems: But Russia and China sell state of the art/ sophisticated arms everyday to everybody why didn't they explore that option knowing well that China and Russia don't give a damn about the US. I d love to believe you but I will pass undecided undecided

Buy from Russia and become an enemy of the US. Not everyone wants to be an enemy of the US undecided
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Melahou(m): 8:22am On Sep 18, 2014
the story does not add up
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 18, 2014
Bleep the US, can't we just get our arms from Russia.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Opiosko: 8:22am On Sep 18, 2014
Demdem: [s][/s]

And yet another fool qouted me. Foolish talk.
Hahaha! I expected u to counter my point but reading ur response just made me realise how mentally deficient u are. I give on u, sorry for ur life.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by galadima77(m): 8:24am On Sep 18, 2014
khafrahdante: Unfortunately for those who dont believe in the Nigerian state, I believe this story. If America predicts, it will do anything within its powers to make it come true.Stop livong in an illussion and come to reality people. America is capable of destroying anyone or anything that stands a threath.

den let ur FG stop licking America's a$$ na....
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Ryabcool(m): 8:25am On Sep 18, 2014
PerfectlyPerfect: I will always support my country through thick and thin, but this...this is just plain ridiculous.
yeah, the man made some points when he said the US has been scuttling some arms purchase deals. Nigeria tried to buy some Apaches from Israel but the US wrecked that deal.
I don't understand why a sovereign country like ours should play the underdog to another country. if US says we shouldn't purchase deals from their allies, we have other countries like Russia and China who would sell to us.
these guys don dey vex me small small
No oo! No vex o! The matter no reach to vex at all! Oduah scandal no reach to vex. Chibok no reach to vex at all. 20billion Dollars missing no reach to vex at all at all. BringBackJona2015 no even warrant to vex at all. So if this mere 9.3million dollars vex u even the tiniest bit, then YOU MUST BE A SYMPATHETIC ISLAMIC APC BOKO HARAM AGENT! undecided

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kayzdekor(m): 8:25am On Sep 18, 2014
This not funny wat a game theory on nigeria government...I gues we can build weapons like guns because we can't build nucliear weapons wat a shame...And it gets more interesting!!!
What hasn't this government blamed for her failures??
Can't wait to get the reply from Washington!![/quote]

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by mployer(m): 8:25am On Sep 18, 2014
I believe this story.

American is not having a good thought for us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Abdulmumini Jubrin's Question Causes Controversy On Twitter / Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern / Don’t Carry AK-47 - Bala Mohammed Begs Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.