Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. (24554 Views)

Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / EFCC Arrests 25 Prominent Nigerians Over $2billion Arms Purchase Scandal / EFCC Arrests Attahiru Bafarawa Over Arms Purchase Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Demdem(m): 9:13am On Sep 18, 2014
Truckpusher: Of course I'm aware that a certified iidiot must be birthed by another certified iidiot.
So ,Mr Dementia how is your old certified iidiot doing? undecided

Dog pikin, now I know why u have never made sense in ur entire miserable life.

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by saviola77(m): 9:16am On Sep 18, 2014
arresa:

Why should they give sensitive machine like apache just for you to turn around and give it to BH? Abi how many time have you surrendered your military bases and weapons for BH to loot and kill you with

LOL...to fly apache na beans?
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 9:19am On Sep 18, 2014
These A.P.C pipu sef!!! I can't differentiate them frm Boko H. So if the FG wants to smuggle money they don't have other means of doing that? U goons r here shouting "LIES" as if u know anything other than to criticize unreasonably, I pity anybody that will want to vote a party that is defined by negativity.
U guys r so bent on criticizing to d extent that if they say GEJ just approved a road in ur OWN village to b constructed, the first u will say is "this clueless man y must it be in my village? has he finished other roads in Nigeria? Infact, this country is sitting on a time bomb". What we need is an opposition dat thinks not d one dat is synonymous with negativity.

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 18, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Seun, I am compelled to make this intervention because the topic of this thread is completely misleading and fits into Boko Haram propaganda that has been associated with APC attack dogs.

The report copied and pasted on this thread was the outcome of an INVESTIGATION by Premium Times and that was why it was originally titled "EXCLUSIVE: Seized $9.3 million: Nigerian officials blame U.S. for secret South Africa arm deal"

Changing the title to
"FG Blames The US For Arms Purchase Scandal" is deceitful and misleading because the report is not the official position of the FG.

Premium Times based the report on its interaction with "high ranking military officers and top administration officials" and NOT the FG of Nigeria.
you have been mute since this illegal arms deal by Jonathan and Pastor Ayotallah Bin Oritsejafor started. What do you have to say in the matter?

3 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 9:23am On Sep 18, 2014
iluvnaija: It is hypocritical to ask Nigerians to use "cashless policy" while they "FG" do otherwise.

It's time for GEJ to vacate Aso Rock. We have been humiliated enough.

Senseless
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by BigBro(m): 9:23am On Sep 18, 2014
Did anyone here remember the assertion that "no terrorists activity lasts more than 24 hours if government is not involved"? We have said it time and again on this forum that this government led by GEJ has a lot to answer about this mess called Boko Haram. Did anyone remember allegations of helicopters supplying stuffs to Boko Haram guys in the bush? Did anyone remember cases where few number of our poor army with outdated guns were deployed to go and face large number of terrorists with sophisticated weapons? such questionable instances abound.

God is watching.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:24am On Sep 18, 2014
Washington will sure disgrace and expose the lies of our FG. They may even go to extent of letting us know what the FG has been hiding.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Truckpusher(m): 9:25am On Sep 18, 2014
Demdem:

Dog pikin, now I know why u have never made sense in ur entire miserable life.
From the way you respond to issues it is no longer news who has a miserable life between me and you.

You can continuously rant like the rabid dog that you are, but the truth remains that you're one pained individual and your pains was as a result of your constant frustration.

The govt can't give you everything,the little that's available , you should work hard to be amongst those that can look back and say 'yes' I'm here and not whining like a cat in pains over a man that your father cannot equate himself to in all spheres of life.

If your criticism were logical one would argue that you have a point but all you do here is bereft of logic and common sense,always oozing of hatred for a man that doesn't know that your miserable life exists.

You hate the govt because you're poor ,so poor that I'm sure everyone around you feels your pains because all you all day is to complain while sitting on your broke useless asss waiting for some kind of manner to fall from heaven.

You'll die of hypertension after 2015 general election........Mark my words cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Mentcee(m): 9:26am On Sep 18, 2014
Demdem: Foolish govt with their world class lies.
If America no gree, Russia nko?
Are they insinuating that America also blocked Russia from selling arms to Nigeria?
Foolish set of people.
It takes a fool to identify a co-fool!

Bloody Demdem!

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 9:26am On Sep 18, 2014
berem: you have been mute since this illegal arms deal by Jonathan and Pastor Ayotallah Bin Oritsejafor started. What do you have to say in the matter?

What do u want him to say?
Ok, that it is money laundering?
Relax
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by asala1: 9:27am On Sep 18, 2014
khafrahdante:

Yes because Nigeria believes in legitimacy incase you dont know.We might be corrupt indoors but outdoors we do what is right

Hmmm, by smuggling $10m in another country abi? So legitimate.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by epospiky(m): 9:28am On Sep 18, 2014
Nonsense!
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:30am On Sep 18, 2014
kenex4ever: These A.P.C pipu sef!!! I can't differentiate them frm Boko H. So if the FG wants to smuggle money they don't have other means of doing that? U goons r here shouting "LIES" as if u know anything other than to criticize unreasonably, I pity anybody that will want to vote a party that is defined by negativity.
U guys r so bent on criticizing to d extent that if they say GEJ just approved a road in ur OWN village to b constructed, the first u will say is "this clueless man y must it be in my village? has he finished other roads in Nigeria? Infact, this country is sitting on a time bomb". What we need is an opposition dat thinks not d one dat is synonymous with negativity.

kenex4ever: These A.P.C pipu sef!!! I can't differentiate them frm Boko H. So if the FG wants to smuggle money they don't have other means of doing that? U goons r here shouting "LIES" as if u know anything other than to criticize unreasonably, I pity anybody that will want to vote a party that is defined by negativity.
Rubbish!
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by 4dbeta: 9:30am On Sep 18, 2014
khafrahdante: Unfortunately for those who dont believe in the Nigerian state, I believe this story. If America predicts, it will do anything within its powers to make it come true.Stop livong in an illussion and come to reality people. America is capable of destroying anyone or anything that stands a threath.

Can you please, explain how Nigeria STANDS A THREAT to America?
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by dexpee4life(m): 9:31am On Sep 18, 2014
arewanationz: And the LIES continue......

When will our legislators develop the courage to impeach this failed drunkard? angry
the head of your family is a DRUNK, your siblings are all Drunk that is why you all are failing in all ramifications. A vegetable like you wont see anything good in Mr. president. Keep wallowing in self-destruction
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by poiZon: 9:32am On Sep 18, 2014
@demdem pls can u back up ur statement wif proof.
thnx
APC in ABYSS!
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Tex42(m): 9:32am On Sep 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: When Obasanjo said Jonathan was training sniper, some people condemned the retired general. Is the picture getting clearer now?
no!

paint a new picture
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Truckpusher(m): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Washington will sure disgrace and expose the lies of our FG. They may even go to extent of letting us know what the FG has been hiding.
You now believe a foreign a Govt. more than your own Govt.?

How pathetic can you guys be all in the name of party affiliation.

Besides that was Premium Times exclusive report and not FG's official release.

You guys need to read before commenting abeg.

After now you'll be shouting 'dumbo' when your own dumbness stinks to high heavens.

smh

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Reptyle(m): 9:34am On Sep 18, 2014
Well, at least this time they did not blame it on the opposition.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Demdem(m): 9:34am On Sep 18, 2014
[s]
Mentcee: It takes a fool to identify a co-fool!

Bloody Demdem!
[/s]

Crap.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:35am On Sep 18, 2014
I'm not partisan, you can check my posts on NL to verify. In fact it disgusts me because it blindfolds one from making logical analysis.

However, looking at this issue, I want to agree with the FG even though it may all not be true.

Only a myopic or ignorant Nigerian would claim not to know how uncle Sam has been plotting against us.

The.money in the may be inflated, but I don't think a whole FG will boldly lie against the US - that will be serious allegations that can lead to diplomatic rows if untrue. I'm sure the FG knows that, its not like lying against another political party within the nation.

I think the FG initially lied against APC to cover up this intentions. But now had to let the truth out. Although I cannot establish that.

For those asking FG to purchase arms from Russia, would you want Nigeria to be tagged an accomplice in Russia's world crimes. Wouldn't that be teriible? Transacting with China too can be likewise.

I think its better we analyze this issues carefully as what seems to be true may be a lie and what seems to be a lie nay be true. Just saying.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Objektive: 9:36am On Sep 18, 2014
YOU ARE A FOOL TO IMAGINE THAT THE US WANTS TO HELP NIGERIANS!!!! HOW MANY MONTHS HAVE THEY BEEN IN NIGERIA WITH SATELLITES AND THEY CANNOT LOCATE THE GIRLS NOR WARN THE TROOPS WHEN BOKO HARAM WANTS TO ATTACK?

THE TRUTH IS BITTER

omenka:
And it gets more interesting!!!
What hasn't this government blamed for her failures??
Can't wait to get the reply from Washington!!
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by CrinkumCrankum: 9:37am On Sep 18, 2014
Demdem:

Fool, just recently new set of helicopters from russsia were agreed to be sent to Nigeria.

In August Russia and Nigeria signed a large contract for delivery of
helicopters, ITAR-TASS reports with reference to the head of Rostec
State Corporation’s delegation at ADEX-2014, Sergey Goreslavsky.
"In August a contract for delivery of a large batch of helicopters to
Nigeria was signed. This refers to significant number of Mi-171Sh
and a few Mi-35M helicopters", - Goreslavsky said.
He added that Mi-171Sh and other versions of Mi-17 helicopter are
in demand in Africa. "Mozambique is interested in these vehicles and
we are going to promote the helicopters at the exhibition held in
Republic of South Africa", - he added.
http://www.ruaviation.com/news/2014/9/17/2619/

And you think between these countries that there is no agreement on how "many" of these arms and "types" you "CAN" sell to this country..... and what of if the little one "agreed" to sell to you is no where enough... what do you think that country will do esp when you have money and every dollar transaction on arms is monitored...brother think well ...there are USA spies everywhere even in Germany their friend grin grin grin
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by CrinkumCrankum: 9:39am On Sep 18, 2014
berem: you have been mute since this illegal arms deal by Jonathan and Pastor Ayotallah Bin Oritsejafor started. What do you have to say in the matter?

grin grin grin../. crazy woman.... see beyond being partisan
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Demdem(m): 9:39am On Sep 18, 2014
[s]
Truckpusher: From the way you respond to issues it is no longer news who has a miserable life between me and you.

You can continuously rant like the rabid dog that you are, but the truth remains that you're one pained individual and your pains was as a result of your constant frustration.

The govt can't give you everything,the little that's available , you should work hard to be amongst those that can look back and say 'yes' I'm here and not whining like a cat in pains over a man that your father cannot equate himself to in all spheres of life.

If your criticism were logical one would argue that you have a point but all you do here is bereft of logic and common sense,always oozing of hatred for a man that doesn't know that your miserable life exists.

You hate the govt because you're poor ,so poor that I'm sure everyone around you feels your pains because all you all day is to complain while sitting on your broke useless asss waiting for some kind of manner to fall from heaven.

You'll die of hypertension after 2015 general election........Mark my words cheesy
[/s]

Drugpusher, u are running mad ooo.
What does this rubbish got to do with the issue at stake?
What does this thrash got to do with the lies being concorted by govt officials which is the core reason why this thread is in existence?
Fool, can't u see that u are showcasing ur foolishness in a whole new dimension?
Unlike u and ur co fools, demdem isn't dependent on jonaadaft or any of his cronies for anything.
Before and after 2015, demdem will remain kampe however u and ur cohorts, jonaadaft till ur early grave.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by successking: 9:40am On Sep 18, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
This is a bloody lie from the pit of hell, and today I promise you this: GOODLUCK EBERE JONATHAN WILL NOT BE PRESIDENT COME FEBRUARY 15, 2015! Neither State nor Justice (Depts.) has Nigeria blacklisted from legal Arms purchases. What we have been against from jump were the illegalities involved in their procurement and transactions. To blame the United States for this scandal is to admit what we have thought all along: THIS CORRUPT NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT HAS A HAND IN THE INSURGENCY AND HAS A LOT TO ANSWER!!!

If Nigeria pushes, we will push back. Theres a lot to be revealed and I think its about time this evil group of people leading Nigeria to the abyss are put to shame once and for all.

Why don't you wait for the US to respond to this high profile allegation before you run into your conclusion of bitterness and desperation?
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Ryabcool(m): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2014
Truckpusher: And the CIA made sure that Murtala paid dearly for it.

Most of these NL folks do not read.
This is one reason Why no sitting Nigerian President screws with Washington.
These guys takes no prisoners.
[b] True.

But wouldn't going behind the US' back to purchase weapons make matters wayyyy worse?

First, the US would henceforth see the current government as a huge threat!

Secondly, whats the point of going to get the weapons in secret when the US will eventually find out?

In addition, FG has been procuring its weapons and more recently fighter jets from the East bloc since the insurgency arose. What then was the need to go backdoor again? When Russia def doesn't give a hoot about what the US thinks.

Moreso, Jonathan has found solace in running to Germany(part of the East bloc) for medical treatment instead of going to the West. Obviously, Jonathan trusts his life with them. And for this to happen, it is VERY SAFE to say he must be in cahoots with them. So trying to implicate the US at this period is a not good enough of an excuse

It doesn't make any sense. And any government official who thought this up really isn't mentally fit for the job. And thats if we're to go with your train of thought.

This only points to one thing; this statement from the FG is attempt at justification, but falls short. The US might have vested interests, but this clearly isn't one of them. [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 9:42am On Sep 18, 2014
GlorifiedTunde: I'm not partisan, you can check my posts on NL to verify. In fact it disgusts me because it blindfolds one from making logical analysis.

However, looking at this issue, I want to agree with the FG even though it may all not be true.

Only a myopic or ignorant Nigerian would claim not to know how uncle Sam has been plotting against us.

The.money in the may be inflated, but I don't think a whole FG will boldly lie against the US - that will be serious allegations that can lead to diplomatic rows if untrue. I'm sure the FG knows that, its not like lying against another political party within the nation.

I think the FG initially lied against APC to cover up this intentions. But now had to let the truth out. Although I cannot establish that.

For those asking FG to purchase arms from Russia, would you want Nigeria to be tagged an accomplice in Russia's world crimes. Wouldn't that be teriible? Transacting with China too can be likewise.

I think its better we analyze this issues carefully as what seems to be true may be a lie and what seems to be a lie nay be true. Just saying.

This is how a Nigerian should be thinking! Thanks bro.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Objektive: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2014
APC ON THE LOOSE AGAIN

arresa:

Why should they give sensitive machine like apache just for you to turn around and give it to BH? Abi how many time have you surrendered your military bases and weapons for BH to loot and kill you with

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2014
although,im not a fan of GEJ, but I believe this story. US does not like us,they hate us.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2014
If the Americans are blocking purchases....Russia and China are there....and Israel still sells us the TAR weapon. And don't forget the French.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Demdem(m): 9:44am On Sep 18, 2014
CrinkumCrankum:

And you think between these countries that there is no agreement on how "many" of these arms and "types" you "CAN" sell to this country..... and what of if the little one "agreed" to sell to you is no where enough... what do you think that country will do esp when you have money and every dollar transaction on arms is monitored...brother think well ...there are USA spies everywhere even in Germany their friend grin grin grin

Stop being stupid. A large batch of helicopters is surely more than 9 million dollars jonaadaft cohorts took to SA. What do they want to buy in SA that russia can't offer considering they have earlier offered far more than t that a month ago?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

"Zaria Massacre: Full List Of Names And Photos Of 705 Missing People" / General Bouba Dobekreo Visits Nigeria (Photos) / 2023 Campaigns: Buhari Issues Subtle Warning To Political Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.