Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,898 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) (60262 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops / We Are Still In Can-catholic Bishops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by popcykaylah(m): 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
I'm not going to support anyone but rather speak the truth.I have said it enough times and will say it again ayo and the rest of the pastors in naija that have private jets at their disposal are criminals and bloody politicians .they shouldn't compare their selves to t.d Jakes ...bishop t.d Jakes is a producer, an actor and writer.he makes enough from there to buy anything from himself.these criminals here steal from the poor to buy material things ...like seriously God don calm down..if na days of the old testament he for don wipe the world again.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by 1nigerian: 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
Pk001: Old Story. Who cares?
The Xtian faith remains stronger with or without the Catholic bishops.
..xtian faith remains stronger under d big arms dealing leadership ...Mumu undecided

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Juvante(m): 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
[quote author=trigonometry][/quote]
@ Trignometry, you can call me a fool because internet connectivity is very cheap!
Since you are learned and well travelled, visit the Liverpool library archives and read about the real history of Nigeria.
The Pastor said his jet was chartered.The Ministry of Defense has said that they authorised the deal and chartered the jet. Who is the fool now? Akuya! Tinkiya!
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by ladej(m): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
WETIN CONSIGN CAN WITH PJ (PRIVATE JET)

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Suljosh: 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
we cares. That BLING BLING CAN president is a politician and doesn't deserve to be there. Always supporting PDP and GEJ it's a shame.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Ayatullah(m): 4:59pm On Sep 18, 2014

Stronger?.........OK, you mean stronger fronting as ARMS SUPPLIER under Oritsejafor.......NOW I UNDERSTAND shocked

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
Juvante: 2. What was their stand on Adolf Hitler, a baptized Catholic and occultist? The Pope did a deal with him! The Catholic Centre Party,which was the only political party that survived the Nazi Purge,was dissolved by the Pope. In exchange, Hitler leaned on the Duce, Benito Mussolini,to grant the sovereignity of the Vatican City. It is called the Hitlerian Concordat of Rome! I dare the do-gooders to call me a liar with proof!

the pope condemned hitler for racism, he wrote an encyclical on it. Infact the amount of priest killed by hitler was large. The amount of jews the catholic church saved were also large.

And lastly while hitler was chancelor of germany, the vatican didn't make any concordat with him. When he started killing people the church was against him.

Go and read history well, stop cherry picking.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Emmalot121(m): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
lokito: There are only two churches in the world, the Catholic Church and Others.

Na wao. So many quotes/mentions on me 2day. These Pentecostals ain't loyal
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/come_out.htm
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by akpabana: 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
I don't like this Ayo's latest, neither do I like the decamping of the Catholics. House against itself will never stand. Is there no legal way of suggesting the removal of a leader?
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Emmalot121(m): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ubenedictus:

the pope condemned hitler for racism, he wrote an encyclical on it. Infact the amount of priest killed by hitler was large. The amount of jews the catholic church saved were also large.

And lastly while hitler was chancelor of germany, the vatican didn't make any concordat with him. When he started killing people the church was against him.

Go and read history well, stop cherry picking.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/come_out.htm
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Emmalot121(m): 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
Catholic church is evil http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/come_out.htm
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by nelsonakoh24(m): 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
Realdeals: The Christian Association of Nigerian, CAN, an umbrella body for the country’s teeming Christians, descended into full-blown crisis Wednesday with the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria making public its decision to pull out of the fold over the way the Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor-led executive is running the association. The Catholic bishop’s action is perhaps the first time in the association’s 37-year history that any of its five blocs would pull out over alleged poor leadership and politicization of the association.
CAN was formed in 1976 by five Christian blocs in the country: the Christian Council of Nigeria; the Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria, the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria; Organisation of African Instituted Churches, and the Evangelical Fellowship of West Africa.
But in a letter to Mr. Oritsejafor in September but made public Wednesday, the Catholics, one of the association’s most influential blocs, said it was temporarily exiting “over some recent attitudes, utterances and actions of the national leadership of CAN which in our opinion negate the concept of the foundation of the association and the desire of Our Lord Jesus Christ”. The letter, dated September 24, 2012, is signed by Most Rev Ignatius Kaigama, President, Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Nigeria (CBNC) and addressed to Mr. Oritsejafor.
Mr. Kaigama said his group was suspending “participation in CAN meetings at the national level until such a time the leadership of CAN reverse back to the original vision, mission and objectives of CAN”. Expatiating further on its grouse with the Oritsejafor-led leadership of the association, the bishops lamented that CAN had been politicized and was no longer being used to promote peace and unity in the country. “CAN is being dragged into partisan politics thereby compromising the ability to play its true role as conscience of the nation and the voice of the voiceless,” the bishops said. Mr. Oritsejafor has often been accused of being divisive in the way he is running the association, often making comments in support of the Peoples Democratic Party-led federal government and President Goodluck Jonathan. Some Christians believe he has pushed CAN into ignominy with his utterances and actions making Nigerians to regard the association as an arm of the PDP.
Mr. Oritsejafor became even more unpopular among his colleagues and around the country in late 2012 when he got a new jet as gift from unknown donors even as many more than 70 percent of Nigerians live below the poverty line. He is yet to disclose the names of those who gave him the jet. But he maintained that the jet would enable him to travel around Nigeria and the world for evangelism with little or no flight delay. Read full letter below.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/116774-why-we-pulled-out-of-can-catholic-bishops.html

God help Nigeria christainity.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by sirwhite07: 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
lipsrsealed .....both catholic and CAN, all I can say is sorry, I'll try n always pray 4 u ..... but 4 d main tym I have a bigger church to raise ( myself)
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
Some people don't even care to reading bfr spewing thrash as comments...
This letter was written long bfr the PJ and arms deal stuff...

#PrOuDtObEaCaThOlIc#
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by faceve: 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
All i want is for christains to be in peace so that all dis muslim people will not be laughing at us ,saying see them hahahahhahaha!!!!!
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by makazona(m): 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
nawa ooo.

this thread is too hooooooooooooot.mbok
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Emmalot121(m): 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
hensben: pentecostal churches introduces wearing of trousers n open clothes, not tying hair with head-tie, et al to church

#Catholic member till Jesus come.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/fools.htm I'm a penticost but thinking of shifting to Baptist
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by robbase: 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ayo is now a politician/pastor, he is no longer fit for that post. Catholic priests never involve themselves in such. It is only the catholic church and the Greek orthodox church that have stuck to the original Christian mode of worship. the other newer churches dey protest nothing. Protestants ko, protesters ni. Even homosexuality has entered d protestant church.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by charsola: 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
CAN and Ayo has reached their end.no one mocks God and go free
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Juvante(m): 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
[quote
author=Ubenedictus]

the pope condemned hitler for racism, he wrote an encyclical on it.
Infact the amount of priest killed by hitler was large. The amount of
jews the catholic church saved were also large.

And lastly while hitler was chancelor of germany, the vatican didn't
make any concordat with him. When he started killing people the church
was against him.

Go and read history well, stop cherry picking.[/quote]

I dare you to post a single link to any site that says that Pope Pius denounced him. I also dare you to post a single link to any website that denies the dissolution of the Catholic Party by the Pope. I dare you to post the history of the Vatican city!
Opinion is free and facts are sacred!
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by hensben(m): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
Emmalot121: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/fools.htm I'm a penticost but thinking of shifting to Baptist
bro talk reality not all these bloggers/site who wants more money thereby, spreading propaganda...as for my comment you quoted is it false or true?...even all this one man church spread propaganda also about catholic in order to get members(business strategy).
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by manck2: 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by manck2: 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nigeria is already divided into 2 countries... by international law. Occupation is illegal

Western Nigeria with an Emperor , His Royal Highness Emperor D Ade. Ade. Ade. ADe. AdeMusiwa
And Nigeria.--- Goodluck Jonathan

grin sad cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/460096_segun12_jpg4bfb4dc2f15478f82dd29518c3681c9d
[size=18pt]His Royal Highness

D Ade. Ade. Ade. Ade AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa
Emperor of Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria ( by International law)
[/size]

[img]http://globalville.files./2014/02/goodluck-jonathan-presidet-of-nigeria.jpg?w=300&h=182[/img]

You can look at the passport , is call Ecowas passport.. The same way... more than one country can use one passport. 16 countries are using the Ecowas Passport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoHA_IyLgs&list=UUb87BDP4HGsiqBllDwiejIQ

[img]http://1.bp..com/-fjZpACvHU4U/UmavAbh2LrI/AAAAAAABoPU/o4XkV62am2U/s320/ecowas_passport.gif[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1577006_map_nigeria89_pngd88e91157e0443d88dbc95fa9ca466f2

[img]http://www.tarborotimes.com/wp-content/themes/responz/themify/img.php?src=/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/euro-bills-pictures-euro-pictures-1024x664.jpg&w=474&h=194[/img]

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by mustymatic(m): 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
Oyedepo is seeing Red. T B Joshua is hearing
Voices. Oritsejafor is selling Arms. Oyakihlome
is consulting Lawyers, so who's worshiping
God

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by goodgood2(m): 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
gift01: This is what happens when we have god of men claiming to be Men of God. Most Nigerian pastors are boasters. They mostly have fleshy and lustful desires.
The body of Christ in Nigeria is really in crisis. From Divorce to building collapse and now arms dealing. Nigeria: many churches, many criminals. God save us all
What do you mean by "divorce"? Which divorce? The one involving you sister and Taribo West, ba?
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Macelliot(m): 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
louisinemo:

No dont say that. Catholic church is dwindling in member population everyday everywhere in the world. Go and witness their sunday mass. Pews that used to be full of worshippers in years past are now almost empty. Losing heir members to pentecostals.
Christianity = 2.4 billion people.
Catholic - 1.3 billion.
Protestants - 800 million.
Where did you get you facts from?

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by gift01: 6:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
goodgood2:
What do you mean by "divorce"? Which divorce? The one involving you sister and Taribo West, ba?
you want me to name names. Are you a learner? Chris Okotie is what?
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Ephemmm: 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
lokito: There are only two churches in the world, the Catholic Church and Others.

Na wao. So many quotes/mentions on me 2day. These Pentecostals ain't loyal

Instead of promoting the name of Christ, U are here boasting of superiority of your denomination over others. What a shame!

While I am not here to vindicate the action(s) of CAN President, but you have to remember that an activist is not a man who discovers that a well has been poluted, but one who purifies the poluted water.

A tree may have many branches, but the body must be one: this is what Christ signifies in christendom.

Regards.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Project400: 6:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
limamintruth:

Though i am not one, i respect the catholic church alot. But i dont support the step they took with regards to leaving CAN. Its very wrong IMHO.
BTW, it is a known fact that when the catholic church headed the association, it wasnt all rosy and not all of the major denominations agreed with its method of administration at the time, but because of the love of christ that binds us all together in perfect harmony, all other christian bodies were united under it.

You have a good point, sir.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by DonDiego(m): 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I dnt like CAN, I dnt like Ayo, I dnt like catholics..
I think I prefer Jesus..
U must love Daddy GO obviously. I know your type.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by matrixme(m): 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mahatma Ghandi said something very touching! "You Christians are so unlike your Jesus!..." How rightly said, concerning the state of the Nigerian Church in 2014!
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by magmag1: 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2014

U are really blind, pray God to heal u

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Only Daughter (Photo) / Church Member Becomes Mentally Deranged After Burning Her Village Shrine / Taribo West Preaching At Alaba MarkET (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.