Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) (60259 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops / We Are Still In Can-catholic Bishops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Pavore9: 8:05am On Sep 18, 2014
Pk001: Old Story. Who cares?
The Xtian faith remains stronger with or without the Catholic bishops.
hmm..
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Lilimax(f): 8:06am On Sep 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I dnt like CAN, I dnt like Ayo, I dnt catholics..
I think I prefer Jesus..

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Babyboy1986(m): 8:06am On Sep 18, 2014
K
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Jerryolumide(m): 8:06am On Sep 18, 2014
lokito: There are only two churches in the world, the Catholic Church and Others.
lol u spelt ''satanic church'' wrong........

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Goke7: 8:06am On Sep 18, 2014
Though I have a lot of reservations about Pastor Ayo, I have said it before on this forum that the Catholics are just hypocritical because they are not the one heading CAN for now, they were never in support of Pastor Ayo becoming the leader of CAN from day one. The former President of CAN, a catholic bishop was also a strong supporter of the Government then, so what's their problem, must they be the one leading CAN all the time?

Catholics should stop this holier than thou attitude, we also know all what their bishops are into all over the world!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by patrickmuf(m): 8:06am On Sep 18, 2014
CAN is more like the religious wing of PDP. Such a shame though.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Rexphobia(m): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2014
CAN has been politized

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by timilehing(m): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2014
CAN OR BOTTLE, Christianity continues

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Babyboy1986(m): 8:08am On Sep 18, 2014
[quote author=Lilimax][/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by OmoNwa: 8:08am On Sep 18, 2014
I thought they pulled out a long time ago. Nevertheless, the christian body remains strong

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Funjosh(m): 8:08am On Sep 18, 2014
OK next story please
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by msmon(m): 8:08am On Sep 18, 2014
I won't comment on this news, its none of my business.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Alajiki(m): 8:09am On Sep 18, 2014
I think The Catholics have done the right thing. This Ayo guy is not fit to head CAN. He's more of a socialite than a priest. Check out his punk hairstyle and his 50 Cent-like bling-bling. I think the CAN body committed a big blunder by handing him the leadership of this body. He's is a liability to Christendom not an asset and the earlier he's kicked ou the better.

19 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Honadeadek(m): 8:09am On Sep 18, 2014
Seperation from unholy friends is even allowed in the bible.
Each time I see Spiritual leaders, Monarchs and other Leaders of different association who prefer what comes to there purse to the objectivity and the desires of their esteem followers I always wept for my nation.
My colleagues in the body of Christ, Ayo might has cause division in CAN like GEJ cause division in PDP but my advice is: WHAT CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD? IS IT SICKNESS, BOKOHARAM, AYO OR EVEN DEATH...

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 18, 2014
Pk001: Old Story. Who cares?
The Xtian faith remains stronger with or without the Catholic bishops.
You are sick.

7 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2014
It baffles me that CAN is trying to defend private life of Ayo Oritsejafor.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by bahyor: 8:12am On Sep 18, 2014
The body of christ is sick and in need of urgent help....Ayo is a known criminal in Bayelsa and Lagos!!!

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by mondaypaul77(m): 8:13am On Sep 18, 2014
lokito: There are only two churches in the world, the Catholic Church and Others.
who cares?
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 18, 2014
CAN under Ayo Oritsejafor is like a drug cartel,run,and controlled by drug lord Ayo,who dresses more like a gangsta ,than as a pastor.

13 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 18, 2014
The Church of Jesus Christ is ONE. Pulling out because you think it's not being done Your way is not okay... If all of us resigned from our jobs because our bosses enacted and endorsed policies and strategies that didn't give muscles to our abilities, how's the labour market going to look like? I honestly think this is political. It is way more than what meets the eye. There is something we're not seeing and we need a fresh pair of eyes for that. WAIT! Let's not argue over spilled milk! This matter is intertwined!

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by gen2briz(m): 8:13am On Sep 18, 2014
Okay
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by justitiaomnibus(m): 8:13am On Sep 18, 2014
They pulled out since 2012 and som1 is croping this up now. This piece made front page back then.
The CAN hasn't fallen since the catholics left its fold in 2012 so what's the point of the poster?
However, I personally do not like Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's lousy lifestyle as a church leader, it is not enough reason for a block of the christian fold to secede. It smacks of lack of indiscipline on the part of the CAN president and intolerance on the part of the Catholic block and irrationality on both sides. The catholic pulled out and it still remained "Christian Association of Nigeria".

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by gbaskiboy: 8:13am On Sep 18, 2014
cr8v: hmm
hmmmmmmm so nofin to contribute
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by brownlords: 8:14am On Sep 18, 2014
And who brought the story here again? Instead of coming out to ridicule the body of christ what stop them from going in house to resolve this. Drugs was found in in the car of a pope or whoever in Vatican City will they pull out of the church?

Has the man being found guilty yet or aware of what the jet was being used? CAN and both the catholic elders are all the same, they are just pained the man is more influential and close to the president than them, this old news they first threaten to pull out after he bought private jet is this another. Abeg make them to sit down, nonsense politicians covering their shady deals with religion

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Lilimax(f): 8:15am On Sep 18, 2014
[quote author=Babyboy1986][/quote]
Why do you mention my name?.
I don't know you embarassed
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by dignityonly: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2014
I BET ONLY CATHOLIC WILL REMAIN IN CAN WHEN AYO TERM EXPIRES.

EVERY OTHER CHURCH SHOULD PULL OUT TOO WHEN POWER CHANGES HAND
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by luvinhubby(m): 8:17am On Sep 18, 2014
When Sunday Mbang, the then prelate of the Methodist church was CAN president, he was more vocal & aggressive in supporting Obasanjo's PDP government & the catholic bishops did not pull out, why are they doing so now?
I don't believe it is out of Pastor Ayo's approach to current national issues, no other CAN leader could have done differently. I believe it is more out resentment for Pastor Ayo's person as a pentecostal leading CAN, considering the fact that Catholic bishops vehemently resisted Ayo's election, if not for the other four blocks.
Above all, Christians in Nigeria cannot afford a division at such a critical stage in our country.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by hensben(m): 8:17am On Sep 18, 2014
pentecostal churches introduces wearing of trousers n open clothes, not tying hair with head-tie, et al to church

#Catholic member till Jesus come.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Lilimax(f): 8:17am On Sep 18, 2014
dignityonly: I BET ONLY CATHOLIC WILL REMAIN IN CAN WHEN AYO TERM EXPIRES.

EVERY OTHER CHURCH SHOULD PULL OUT TOO WHEN POWER CHANGES HAND
How about PFN (Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria)?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Only Daughter (Photo) / Church Member Becomes Mentally Deranged After Burning Her Village Shrine / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.