Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) (60247 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops / We Are Still In Can-catholic Bishops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by igwedaboss(m): 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
POPEII:

Amen
We must get involved, the Moslems are trying to bully us out of the decisions taking process , yet they keep pushing their Islamization agenda, I'm yet to see any imam speaking out when Churches and even catholic churches are being destroyed by northern governors or when they refuse to give us construction permits

I don't like Protestants but that is another ball game, they are our brothers and only dumb Catholics will side with Muslims against CAN
Easy man. I totally get your point. If the catholics are running from been in politics. Its a pity. Because the only religion mentioned in the Constitution is Islam. If Christianity then chooses not to act. Islamization of Nigeria would not be difficult. Its high time Christians start speaking out rather than forming observation.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Juvante(m): 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
@ Ubenedictus, this is not a contest between denominations cos from your moniker,you are most likely a Catholic.
Rather, I will like to correct your sense of history
1. The Lateran Treaty of 1929 was signed to grant the Pope an area of 109 acres in Rome and was paid £30 million. This is now called the Vatican City.
2. On April 7th,1933, Hitler's vice, Von Papen visited the Vatican.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Frankestein08(m): 7:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
synergycom19:
The Catholic are also 70% guilty of same thing.Am a Catholic

Try again bruh, you definitely don't know what you talking about. No human owns the catholic church & it certainly don't condone politicization.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Juvante(m): 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
3. On 20th July,1933, the Reich concordat was signed between the Vatican Secretary of State, Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli (the future Pope Pius XII) and Hitler's vice, Von Papen.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Juvante(m): 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
4. the witnesses were as follows:
-Monsignor Giovanni Battista Montini (the future Pope Paul VI)
- Lugwig Kaas, the leader of the German Catholic Centre Party,
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Frankestein08(m): 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
Juvante: @ Ubenedictus, this is not a contest between denominations cos from your moniker,you are most likely a Catholic.
Rather, I will like to correct your sense of history
1. The Lateran Treaty of 1929 was signed to grant the Pope an area of 109 acres in Rome and was paid £30 million. This is now called the Vatican City.
2. On April 7th,1933, Hitler's vice, Von Papen visited the Vatican.

You're a fool anyone is allowed to visit the Vatican city, von papen entering the vatican city does not mean he gets to meet the Pope directly, as a nazist he myt ve been a catholic & prolly went there to pray. unlike other churches the catholic church accepts anybody & even if you're criminal the church gives you sanctuary hoping to change you to be better...ignoramus like shld shld jst shut the Bleep up & quit talking out of stupidity cos you knw nothing.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Juvante(m): 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
5. Pope Pius XI ratified the Concordat on September 10th,1933.
Please, use the Encyclopedia Brittannica or Google to confirm the events that took place on the dates that was mentioned!
Best regards.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Juvante(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
[quote
author=Frankestein08]

You're a fool anyone is allowed to visit the Vatican city, von papen
entering the vatican city does not mean he gets to meet the Pope
directly, as a nazist he myt ve been a catholic & prolly went there
to pray. unlike other churches the catholic church accepts anybody &
even if you're criminal the church gives you sanctuary hoping to change
you to be better...ignoramus like shld shld jst shut the Bleep up &
quit talking out of stupidity cos you knw nothing. [/quote]

yeah,I am an ignorant oaf, but please, use Google to know who Von Papen is, and find out who welcomed him on his arrival at the Vatican! Pacelli and other top Cardinals welcomed him! It is better to keep mute than air your ignorance in public.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by 1Book(m): 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
gift01: This is what happens when we have god of men claiming to be Men of God. Most Nigerian pastors are boasters. They mostly have fleshy and lustful desires.
The body of Christ in Nigeria is really in crisis. From Divorce to building collapse and now arms dealing. Nigeria: many churches, many criminals. God save us all
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Juvante(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
@ Frankeinstein08, without research,I know who is Doctor Frankeinstein is, but,please find out what my moniker,Juvante, means in Latin.
Been literate does not makes one sapient.
Von Papen was not just anybody. He was the most powerful politician in Germany,and brokered the Zentrum deal that made the Nazi Party the majority party in the Reichstag,and stepped down for Hitler to be named Fuhrer.
Please,read the book, Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler,and also do research on the Nuremberg trials and stop exposing your ignorance in public fora.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by SMile19(f): 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
It seem to me dat we are forgetting so soon d essence of christainity..."to b one body in christ"..... dia are many instabilities in d country as it is....so dis is nt a time for things to fall apart in d christaindom rather, its a time to stand together in love and unity to support dis entity called Nigeria
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Prince4God(m): 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
Juvante: People keep talking like dafts. What has Israel and Hamas war got to do with Aso Rock security? Saudi Arabia does arm deals with Israel through proxies, only Jordan and Egypt do not hide their deals!
Did El Rufai and co complain when Ghaddafi was busy pumping money into the North,building madrassas and mosques,and training young Northerners in his Benghazi camp,since the days of IBB?
I do not like Pastor Ayo,based on his inability to call a spade a spade in Delta State,and turns a blind eye to the looting, but on national issues, he is spot on!
He is hated because he looks at Northern leaders in the eye and tell them to call their youths and Islamic adherents to order! simple as that! As for his dress code, he has always dressed that way since I was a little kid in Warri,so stop crapping about what you do not know.

This is the only person so far that understand a little what is going on. All others are just so ignorant and it irriates me a lot.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Onyiclara(f): 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I dnt like CAN, I dnt like Ayo, I dnt like catholics..
I think I prefer Jesus..
Liking Jesus is useless if u hate every other person.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Frankestein08(m): 8:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
Juvante:

yeah,I am an ignorant oaf, but please, use Google to know who Von Papen is, and find out who welcomed him on his arrival at the Vatican! Pacelli and other top Cardinals welcomed him! It is better to keep mute than air your ignorance in public.

I dnt even knw y I'm talking to you cos you certainly taking a whole different stand from the matter on ground, you not even on point & argument wit pple lyk u hu depend on google is a waste of tym, if u wanna rily knw bout d catholic church we've archives, go grab a history book or two & stop sayin wat u not sure of bruh....I got nothing against u bt ur way off point.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Frankestein08(m): 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
Onyiclara:
Liking Jesus is useless if u hate every other person.

Tell em haters o
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nimen(m): 8:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
chinex276: The xtian faith has really suffered since d days of diz penticostal churches...
1. They loot their poor members lyk no other.
2. Their pastors are the chief bangas of choir girl's assss.
3. Fake miracles lyk no mans bizness.
4. They tend 2 over exaggerate everything in d bible 2 suit them nd their pocket.
5. They are gr8 customers 2 witch doctors.
Lyk someONe said said, there r only 2 church in d entire universe- THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND OTHERS.

Catholic Priests Looting their Churches since 7AD

1. Never seen a Reverend Father in public transport. (even those in the poorest diocese)

2. Never seen a Reverend Father without enough food in the barn (They task our grannies in the village with food or else no recognition as a CWO)

3. Reverend Fathers are well known bangers of Reverend Sisters

4. They are well known liars, They are masters of double lives, ask any honest priest's servant

5. The Catholics can kill themselves for church offices FACT!!!

6. The richest Reverend Father AKA Father Mbaka made his money through fake miracles, he's a well known occultist...

Lastly catholicism is not christianity... It contradicts the same bible they boldly carry
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Frankestein08(m): 8:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
Juvante: @ Frankeinstein08, without research,I know who is Doctor Frankeinstein is, but,please find out what my moniker,Juvante, means in Latin.
Been literate does not makes one sapient.
Von Papen was not just anybody. He was the most powerful politician in Germany,and brokered the Zentrum deal that made the Nazi Party the majority party in the Reichstag,and stepped down for Hitler to be named Fuhrer.
Please,read the book, Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler,and also do research on the Nuremberg trials and stop exposing your ignorance in public fora.

your name has been used to mean different words or term but pls mine is not frankeinstein it's frankestein besides you spelt frankenstein wrong.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
lokito: There are only two churches in the world, the Catholic Church and Others.

Na wao. So many quotes/mentions on me 2day. These Pentecostals ain't loyal

First, history tells us that the Catholic church came to being as a result of a Political amalgamation of religious bodies- the 'Christians', albeit professed, and the Roman pagans. Emperor Constantine did this purely for political gains. Thus, this amalgam, incorporated attitudes and teachings of the pagans. However, reformers like Martin Luther saw this and criticized the teachings he knew are not founded. This led to what we know as Protestants. However, while these reformers refutted some of these pagan teachings, they accepted some. Hence, the truth, set forth by Jesus, was distorted for ages.

So you see, Christainity is not about the Catholic Church and others. It is rather where the modern scummy dross we call Christainty originated.

Would want you to make a research on this. Really
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Frankestein08(m): 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nimen:

Catholic Priests Looting their Churches since 7AD

1. Never seen a Reverend Father in public transport. (even those in the poorest diocese)

2. Never seen a Reverend Father without enough food in the barn (They task our grannies in the village with food or else no recognition as a CWO)

3. Reverend Fathers are well known bangers of Reverend Sisters

4. They are well known liars, They are masters of double lives, ask any honest priest's servant

5. The Catholics can kill themselves for church offices FACT!!!

6. The richest Reverend Father AKA Father Mbaka made his money through fake miracles, he's a well known occultist...

Lastly catholicism is not christianity... It contradicts the same bible they boldly carry

You're definitely ignorant even our pope takes public transport & cooks himself...smh some humans ehn.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Frankestein08(m): 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
Tbh we're all just being sentimental, in every Christian denomination there cases of disloyalty, fraud or any other thing you can think of. The point is that we're not goin to churches to worship or judge the pastors, we're there to worship God & pray that we're in the right place...
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nimen(m): 9:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
Frankestein08:

You're definitely ignorant even our pope takes public transport & cooks himself...smh some humans ehn.

before him was there any? Back to what i am saying, have you ever seen a Reverend Father inside molue, or in a bus, okada or keke?
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by asamaigho(m): 9:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
hensben: they HONOR mary not worship,spot the difference and get ur facts right...this is what pentecostal churches preach in their church concerning catholic to gain more member, they say what they dont understand/know..smh.

pppplease....story for baboons...i have a catholic since birth,a manserve and a member of d legion of mary,even my parents are die hard catholics.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by edeata: 9:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I dnt like CAN, I dnt like Ayo, I dnt like catholics..
I think I prefer Jesus..

Olodo, how can you love Jesus and hate catholics, his largest followers. All these halfway 'my pastor said' brainwashed pentecostals who dont know what love means. Proffessional church goer!
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Juvante(m): 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
Frankestein08:

Frankestein08:

stop promoting crap. Tell us the reason why the Pope chose the name, Francis I! Can you tell us why his official car as an Archbishop in Argentina,is a limousine,an ostentacious car which he rejected? Tell us why was the butler to the last Pope arrested for leaking details of corruption and contract inflation in the Vatican?
Oshiomole answer is there for acrimonious folks like you!
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Noneroone(m): 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
cktheluckyman:

U are dreaming!!!! They were about 400 million catholics in the world by 1950s today they are 1.2billion,by 1900 we had less than 1 million catholics in africa and less than 20,000 in Nigeria ,today we have over 140 million in africa and about 30 million in Nigeria!!! The catholic church is the single largest church also in the US with over 70 million americans professing the catholic faith!!! The pentecostals in the US put together are less than 25 million.Does this statistics look like a diminishing church to you?

Pentecostalism is only strong in Nigeria and a few other african countries,it is virtually non-existent in europe with less than 2% of the european populaton.

Pentecostalism as a brand of christianity failed woefully in the US and Europe

Even it's success in Nigeria is mainly concentrated the SW
http://m.theweek.com/article/index/202388/catholics-in-crisis
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Juvante(m): 9:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
@ Frankeinstein08, the facts are there and the jury is out. Back every statement with facts,not casting aspersion. Perhaps, you can explain why the Ahiara Diocese rejected the appointment of Bishop Okpaleke, who was appointed by the Pope!
There is trouble in paradise! when you point a finger at others, four of your finger still points at you. When you bend down to smell the anus of another,your anus will be exposed to the view of others.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Frankestein08(m): 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nimen:

before him was there any? Back to what i am saying, have you ever seen a Reverend Father inside molue, or in a bus, okada or keke?

Well we take care of them that much, no priest born of a woman can touch d church funds without answering to it...unlike other churches they don't get paid, they came into the church with nothing so when they leaving the car or whatever it's you're killing yourself about is left for the use of the priest coming after him.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Juvante(m): 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
@ Prince4God, you are extremely enlightened, so tell us the following
1. Was Cardinal Onaiyekan of the Catholic bloc supported by the Northern Caliphate?
2. Did the Catholic bloc try to sabotage the Ayo presidency?
3. Has the corruption-free Cardinal ever asked his good friend,the Sultan,to stop saying that Boko Haram is a product of poverty?
4. What was the Catholic bloc response to Pastor Ayo begging the US Congress to label JNA a terrorist organization?
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Frankestein08(m): 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Juvante: @ Frankeinstein08, the facts are there and the jury is out. Back every statement with facts,not casting aspersion. Perhaps, you can explain why the Ahiara Diocese rejected the appointment of Bishop Okpaleke, who was appointed by the Pope!
There is trouble in paradise! when you point a finger at others, four of your finger still points at you. When you bend down to smell the anus of another,your anus will be exposed to the view of others.

keep smelling peoples anus & don't go and tend to your wounds, I'm a proud Catholic & I clearly know where I stand.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by ogaronye(f): 10:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ago Orisejafor has always been a political pastor for all i know.

Check his activities from Abacha to Obasanjo to Jonathan. Then Ibori and Uduagha, in delta state.

He mixes religion with politics. Too bad.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by synergycom19: 10:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
T
My beloved church, catholic church are the number one agent of disunity in the entire history of the christedom, because they claimed to be the First church, just read about the fall of Christianity in Turkey, Egypt, Syria etc
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Werehkpe: 10:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
eemalex: late

Did you see the date on the letter. Great move by my Bishops

Awwwwwww. [size=20pt]PROUDLY CATHOLIC[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Only Daughter (Photo) / Church Member Becomes Mentally Deranged After Burning Her Village Shrine / Taribo West Preaching At Alaba MarkET (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.