Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:29 PM

FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops (18411 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) / Directives From Catholic Bishops Conference Of Nigeria Over The Spread Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Danmas: 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
The Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria has said the Federal Government has not done enough to stop the rising insecurity and the unending killings in the country.
The Bishops, which issued a statement during their Second Annual Plenary in Warri, Delta State, said the meeting has daily been inundated with “first-hand and horrifying reports reaching from Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Taraba, Kano and Kaduna states about the mass slaughter of fellow Nigerians; the burning and sacking of whole villages and churches and rectories.”
In the statement titled ‘While Nigeria bleeds and burns’, the CBCN lamented the precarious situation in the North-East, where it lamented that reports “only confirm further killings, burnings and fleeing of defenseless Nigerians creating a heightened sense of unrest and siege to the whole nation.”
Signed by the President, CBCN, Most Revd Ignatius Kaigama, and Secretary, Most Revd William Avenya, the conference called on the all tiers of government to do more than they were doing to preserve unity of the nation.
CBCN said, “In the face of this Boko Haram group and other criminal militias arming themselves beyond our legitimate government and brazenly killing innocent, defenseless citizens, our government must do more than it is currently doing to safeguard our lives and defend our nation.
“It must do more than it is currently doing to fight off and disarm these actual destroyers of Nigerians and Nigeria. It must do more than it is currently doing to prevent segments of our nation from drifting, anarchy and mutual self-destruction and bring criminals to justice.”
The Bishops warned that what should be uppermost in the programme of government should not be the fight for positions in the 2015 elections but how to guarantee the lives of Nigerians.
The clerics added, “We warn every Nigerian community at local and state levels to be alert to the grave danger facing all of us and our nation from within and from without.
“The issue is not about who becomes president or governor or senator after the 2015 general elections. The issue is about the life and security of every one of us who loves his or her life and really cares about our living together in peace as noble Nigerians.
“We urge therefore that we all support and encourage every positive effort by the current government to protect every Nigerian and defend the integrity and unity of Nigeria. Let us equally take lawful measures locally to prevent the destruction of fellow Nigerians and to ward off Nigeria’s destroyers.”

source:
http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-not-doing-enough-to-prevent-anarchy-catholic-bishops/

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Kayraph(m): 4:47am On Sep 20, 2014
Thank God people are speaking out against the violence in this country.

Lots of lives have been lost to senseless killings.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Mynd44: 4:47am On Sep 20, 2014
I hope this is not to spite CAN else it will be very sad and pointless

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by korel9: 4:49am On Sep 20, 2014
Must I comment sef? grin grin grin

“The issue is not about who becomes president or governor or senator after the 2015 general elections. The issue is about the life and security of every one of us who loves his or her life and really cares about our living together in peace as noble Nigerians."

This part make sense sha

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by gift01: 4:51am On Sep 20, 2014
Now that the Catholic isn't part of CAN, What is the motive behind this statement? The ulterior motive is what I'm interested in. Hope its not a romance from the Govt they interested in.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by ayukdaboss(m): 4:55am On Sep 20, 2014
You all keep on encouraging hate among religions in Nigeria and sit down in AC Offices to construct long speeches because you and your household are far from where it's happening.

I know the Government is not trying their best but what have our Christian clerics and Jet Flying Pastors done to even encourage fellow Christians in the North where they even have legal branches.

Even the smallest gestures would go unnoticed but no, that's not where their points of interests are...Now see these ones trying to mock the Bling Bling Man/50 Cent wannabe in a coded way to score cheap Religious points.

These Religous Leaders are gradually becoming a joke.

30 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Opiosko: 4:55am On Sep 20, 2014
Mynd44: I hope this is not to spite CAN else it will be very sad and pointless
Yes that's what it is all about. Pull him down..... The brotherhood of Cain and Abel.

8 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by merit12(f): 4:57am On Sep 20, 2014
This land is not for sale

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by brunofarad(m): 4:57am On Sep 20, 2014
Un easy lies the head that wears the crown,
GEJ is trying his best,let's support him and we should rather be more patient with him.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Pavore9: 4:57am On Sep 20, 2014
True words, it should spur the FG to apply more effort.

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by chrisoctavia: 4:57am On Sep 20, 2014
yet he still wants to contest in next election..,Smh... .

6 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by OmoNwa: 5:01am On Sep 20, 2014
Why do I have this feeling that catholic bishops just want to be in the news this period of Ayo saga, the insurgency has been in the country for long, y are they more vocal now A friend once told me that they've never love the fact that non catholic is d CAN president. I doubted it then but now, I don't know what to believe again

Opinions in Nigeria are mostly done for selfish interest and not for d love of d country.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by creamyanne: 5:01am On Sep 20, 2014
2015 election is obviously not about PDP and APC. Its about your own LIFE.....Catholic bishops making sense since d days of d missionary. #Teamcatholicandproud#

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Konnektions146(m): 5:04am On Sep 20, 2014
we all know that boko Haram existence is purely politically backed-up .
Its a pity our leaders are so conscience-less that they allow innocent and helpless citizens to perish just for some personal gains.

the top and Nigerian military knows all about Boko Haram and what could be done to end this madness but because of 2015, they choose to allow the situation deteriorate so badly that it could just go out of control even when they are genuinely ready to combat the militant group-BH.

NIgeria is our own, i wish she remains together because there are tendencies that war could erupt in the event of any other seccession /break up attempt but if it goes the way of referendum, kiss Nigeria good Bye

Niigeria, We Haill Thee!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by PastorOluT(m): 5:04am On Sep 20, 2014
Nigeria way? Eni ori yo odi ile ( whoever got saved, to your house)!

Everybody OYO (on your own), nobody cares, and definitely not the government.

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by chinex276(m): 5:06am On Sep 20, 2014
Caveat emptor... Space nt 4 sale

EDITED
The present administration is d most funniest in d history of this country... Rejected by all both christians, athiest, traditional worshippers and muslims.

15 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by MillionDollars: 5:08am On Sep 20, 2014
Good morning fellas
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Siddeek: 5:10am On Sep 20, 2014
I just pray dis man does'nt win by 2015 if nt, this killings might be all over the country. I hope that nigerians will do away with their sentiments by 2015 for the benefit of humanity.

12 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by aryzgreat: 5:16am On Sep 20, 2014
Mynd44: I hope this is not to spite CAN else it will be very sad and pointless

What do u mean? Catholic bishops conference of nigeria always bring out communique after their annual synod. Google last 10 years communique by CNBC for more clarification

Besides the recent CAN / Catholic thread that made front page recently was a 2011 news.

GEJ till 2019 anyway

53 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Moblord(m): 5:17am On Sep 20, 2014
Which anarchy

7 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by M4gunners: 5:18am On Sep 20, 2014
Siddeek: I just pray dis man does'nt win by 2015 if nt, this killings might be all over the country. I hope that nigerians will do away with their sentiments by 2015 for the benefit of humanity.
As if b4 he came to power there was no killing or if he left,they will be no more killing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by brownlord: 5:18am On Sep 20, 2014
Damn all of them in that so called CNBC, with the kind of intolerance they practice they are worst than boko haram and other enemies of this country, A suppose religious group that won't allow someone else lead them, they pulled out of CAN because someone else Is the president and will return when a Catholic head it right? Why have they not pull out of catholic faith with the drug scandal rocking the Vatican city?

Bloody hypocrites

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by igogossip(m): 5:19am On Sep 20, 2014
I strongly agree, they are not doing enough. I think they have there own motives to supress states that will give them problems by 2015

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Funfreak: 5:20am On Sep 20, 2014
Well, i disagree there is ever gonna be a anarchy ooo

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by aryzgreat: 5:20am On Sep 20, 2014
Siddeek: I just pray dis man does'nt win by 2015 if nt, this killings might be all over the country. I hope that nigerians will do away with their sentiments by 2015 for the benefit of humanity.

The killing stops when a Northerner wins right? More reason why I will intensify my campaign for GEJ to continue till that born to rule mentality is totally erased.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by pabon(m): 5:21am On Sep 20, 2014
I Donno what to say
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by kenbee(f): 5:21am On Sep 20, 2014
CATHOLIC still the fearless and incorruptible Church Since the time of CHRIST!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Wefiak1414(m): 5:23am On Sep 20, 2014
nigeria with another case of religious split
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by kenbee(f): 5:28am On Sep 20, 2014
in as much as I support and pray for GEJ as my president, this can't really blind my sense of reasoning that his government is performing below most Nigerians expectations. Only that I don't see credible Alternative in those that rant and criticize destructively everything in Goodluck's government!

9 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:29am On Sep 20, 2014
It'll be unfortunate to read from Igbo that dominate Catholic, condemning the bishops because it appears they're attacking Jonathan.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Bublanski: 5:31am On Sep 20, 2014
The Clueless One doesn't give a shyte!! He is rather busy breathing mouth odours in people's face all over the world grin

43 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? / HELP: Is Having A Boyfriend Or Girlfriend A Sin? / Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.