Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! (8579 Views)

Once Saved Always Saved / The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism / "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by paxonel(m): 7:34am On Oct 01, 2014
atbu1983:

Hebrew 10. 26 to 27 ESV

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge
of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a
fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume
the adversaries.

Hebrews 10:26-27 New English Translation (NET Bible)

For if we deliberately keep on sinning after receiving the
knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins is left for
us, but only a certain fearful expectation of judgment and
a fury of fire that will consume God’s enemies .

Hebrews 10:26-27 New Life Version (NLV)
Do Not Fall Back Into Sin
If we keep on sinning because we want to after we have
received and know the truth, there is no gift that will take
away sins then. Instead, we will stand before God and on
that day He will judge us. And the hot fires of hell will burn
up those who work against God.

Hebrews 10:26-27 New King James Version (NKJV)
For if we sin willfully after we have received the
knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice
for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment,
and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

why didn't you continue reading verse 28 which is a continuation of the same Scripture so that you will have a proper understanding?
this is what they do in Nigerian churches, they will quote only one or two verses and base their explanation on it without understanding the whole chapter.
It is wrong.
A lot of people have believed their pastors (prominent pastors) and remain in suffering.
Hebrews 10:28 says He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
so it's obvious that the fearful expectation of furry fire Paul meant there is the consequence of breaking the law of moses, the 10 commandments.
remember,breaking the law of moses is what we know as sin.here on earth ,but to God it is not like that because God is a spirit
what God know as sin by virture of the fact that Christ came to die is the refusal to believe that Jesus is the Messiah which we christians have believed already
the law for example says
thou shall not kill
if you kill,the consequence is the vedict of the land which says you will be killed too,your salvation will not save you. faith without works is death.
whether you are Christian or Muslim or whatever, we are all subjected under this law which apply only in this physical life
but in the spiritual realm, it is another thing entirely. we are justified by faith without these laws
that means, our justification lies entirely in the spiritual realm
have you seen heaven before? no
because, heaven is spirit realm
but we believe and know that we are already there.by faith
so, i put it to you that
[quoting you ]Hebrew 10. 26 to 27 ESV
For if we go on sinning deliberately after
receiving the knowledge
of the truth, there no longer remains a
sacrifice for sins, but a
fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury
of fire that will consume
the adversaries.
this scripture is one and the same thing as faith without works is dead. (which justification lies only in this physical life, empowered by the law of moses, the 10 commandments, which is not enough to judge christians to loose their salvation or eternal life )
show me a place in the bible that says when a Christian commit sin willfully he will loose salvation
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 01, 2014
Ukutsgp: those who fail to obey his word. whether in or outside.
paul was the writer of thessolonian letter...you do agree... Now from your submission... which word did they fail to obey? in order words, you submit that those who will be destroyed will be those WHO fail to obey His words which according to paul will be WORD OF HIS GRACE which he encouraged believers in Acts of the Apostles.

Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
KJV

Acts 13:43

43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
KJV

Thus in order words, if you fail to keep to the Word of His Grace... you will be destroyed... you are accenting!

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
atbu1983:
1 Corinthians 5 . 1-13 .New English Translation (NET Bible) as stated below

It is actually reported that sexual immorality exists among
you, the kind of immorality that is not permitted even among
the Gentiles, so that someone is cohabiting with his father’s
wife.
And you are proud! Shouldn’t you have been deeply
sorrowful instead and removed the one who did this from
among you? For even though I am absent physically, I am
present in spirit. And I have already judged the one who did
this, just as though I were present. When you gather
together in the name of our Lord Jesus, and I am with you in
spirit, along with the power of our Lord Jesus, hand this
man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that
his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.
Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little
yeast affects the whole batch of dough? Clean out the old
yeast so that you may be a new batch of dough—you are, in
fact, without yeast. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been
sacrificed. So then, let us celebrate the festival, not with
the old yeast, the yeast of vice and evil, but with the bread
without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.
Asked to bring up a passage that shows a believer can lose salvation, you brought this up! grin grin grin
Is this a joke? This passage shows that the believer is not yet perfect, far from it , that there is virtually no sin the believer is not capable of falling into, if he is not wary. It does not say the man had lost his salvation even though the man's sin was not one off, it was continuous (he had her living with him or he with her). This passage does not say or teach loss of salvation which would have been so easy to do here.

I wrote you in my letter not to associate with sexually
immoral people. In no way did I mean the immoral people
of this world, or the greedy and swindlers and idolaters,
since you would then have to go out of the world. But
now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who
calls himself a Christian who is sexually immoral, or greedy,
or an idolater, or verbally abusive, or a drunkard, or a
swindler. Do not even eat with such a person. For what
do I have to do with judging those outside? Are you not to
judge those inside? But God will judge those outside.
Remove the evil person from among you.
Of course Paul was angry with the man and reasonably so because his behaviour fell short of what was expected of a saved man. The character traits he mentions are those ones to be found in unbelievers, so what he was in effect saying was that the church should not fellowship with such people to be on the safe side because they could well be unbelievers.

Short Explanation: In this passage , paul is strictly referring to those who have accepted christ but are still proud of themselves living immoral life. To them he said he has passed Judgement on them already. Paul said pass d person to satan for destruction of his flesh so dat his spirit may be saved of d lord. This means that if d persons love of d flesh is not consciously destroyed the persons spirit will not be save. Note that this person was proud of his immoral life. Which means he was doing it deliberately and as such his spirit will not be save......Lost of Salvation.
The man is not the one reported as being proud, rather it was the congregation, you goofed. Why should we take your conclusion established on falsehood seriously?

Paul even said such persons should b expelled from d gathering of christians. He went further to say we are to Judge fellow christians conduct. The Judgement we judge a fellow christian is to bring to his notice his wrongs so dat he depart from it for his spirit that was save by Blood of jesus to remain save. For d bible said Faith without work is dead
It will please me if those of your persuasion hand over such ones to Satan as Paul directs instead of pronouncing them lost.

Note: I know those with satanic message can still twist dis passage with logical reasons which Apostle paul never intended when he wrote to d corinthians. We should understand that paul writing is a letter to a gathering of christian in corinthians. which means it is suppose to be easy to understand. He didn't write them to be scrutinising it with plenty logic to justify thier love for things of d flesh.

more bible passages

Matthew 7. 21 to 23
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom
of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in
heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not
prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do
many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them,
‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
grin grin grin He never knew such ones!

Hebrew 6. 4 to 6
For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been
enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in
the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God
and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to
restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once
again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to
contempt.
Read this passage to the end!

9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. 10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have showed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. 11 And we desire that every one of you do show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: 12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. 13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, 14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. 15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. 16 For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife. 17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to show unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: 18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: 19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; 20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec

It is assurance of salvation all the way!
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 10:57am On Oct 03, 2014
Ukutsgp:
Many people believe that, when a person
becomes a child of God, afterward it is
impossible for him to so sin as to fall from
grace and be eternally lost.
This doctrine is one of the five major
points of Calvinism. It is often called
"the eternal security of the believer,"
"perseverance of the saints,"
"impossibility of apostasy," or simply
"once saved, always saved."
I commend you for this excellent introduction of the matter, this belief is so unpopular these days, but so true..
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 03, 2014
jumbled up so many things! phew!

atbu1983: dis your post is a backing for once saved, forever save. if dat is
true, once I am born again, I don't need to go to church .
I dont go to church to assuage my conscience, rather i go to church to know more of the abundance of grace and the enormity of the gift of righteousness to reign in life by one Christ Jesus... now if the "church" am going to rather than show forth His gift of righteousness freely given to me and show to me how the the abundance of grace teaches me to deny worldly lust and godlessness, is instead showing me how am susceptible to sinning and much sinining etc should i continually go to such a church

atbu1983: Spend
my money on tithe and offering. Stress myself working in d church
4 free. Since my aim of being a christian is to b save. And my
works is not needed. You can't say I rob God 4 not paying tithe as
written in Malachi 3. Since my sins have be paid for I am above sin. so I can't rob God.

On tithes, I DONT PAY TITHE, and am not sinning... can you show me where paul who is a preacher of grace, an apostle to the gentiles, stated that its sin... what i know is that God loves a cheerful giver... whether 2% or 99% but it must be cheerfully given. And by the way how can i rob the One that a cattle on a thousand hills are His? And i dont work to earn browny points before God rather i work so that men will glorify God... do you spot the difference grin

Even if I sleep with my neighbours wife and died while having d sex of heart attack, I will still make heaven because d sin has been paid 4 before I committed it since I am born again and saved already. Since I am already born again as stated in 2 corinthians 5. 17, my salvation is bullet proof and air tight. All I need do is to flex enjoy my life till I die. doing whatever pleases me whether bad or good in d eyes of men. But in d eyes of God I am save. I can join cult. use charm. kill who I don't like etc. it is only sin 4 those under d law. now that I under grace and have b save by d blood of Jesus, notin I do can be called sin. since I am now slave to righteousness. Whatever I do is righteous. not because d act was good but because me a righteousness of God did it.

here we go again... Grace is too good to be true/real for you people ... may God open the eyes of your understanding... that is the same thing paul faced...

Rom 3:8

8 And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.
KJV

Bros what you wrote up there is you are doing just the same thing that people in paul's time did...running away from been damned for spiting the grace of God!

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
atbu1983: If d gospel of once save forever saved is true,
what do you understand by this...

Heb 7:24-26

24 But He holds His priesthood unchangeably, because He lives on forever.

25 Therefore He is able also to save to the uttermost (completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He is always living to make petition to God and intercede with Him and intervene for them.

26 [Here is] the High Priest [perfectly adapted] to our needs, as was fitting — holy, blameless, unstained by sin, separated from sinners, and exalted higher than the heavens.
AMP

it means I can
do what I like once I am born again. I can choose to be a killer, I
can choose to save others. I can choose to hate or choose to
love. I can choose to sleep with ur wife and daughters or I can
choose not to. But in either case my heaven is sure and sealed. I
can choose to bomb every body in church on sunday and commit
suicide. No matter what I do, my heaven is sure since I am
already born again b4 I did it.

Whether u call it Christianity,religion, Christ followers, those from zion, Abraham abducted children, relationship or whatever it makes no difference. All that is use of English. .

Since I am forever loved, whether I love back or not is my choice.
what matters is dat my salvation is irreversible no matter what I
do. no matter d atrocity I commit, my heaven is sure because I
was once saved.

As christians, we should be careful how we spread d heresy of
once save always save. Dis interpretation of the gospel of christ is
from satan. satan knowing how much we love dis world, have used
popular charismatic preacher to spread dis false doctrine. it is a
false doctrine gotten from twisting apostle paul messages. Taking
d liberty preached by apostle Paul to a limit he never intended.
because of our greed we will destroy christianity in d long run.
This message will make christianity vain and worthless in d long
wrong. WE NEED TO BE CAREFUL WITH OUR MADNESS. WE
SHOULD STOP TAKING GRACE OF GOD FOR GRANTED!!!!!!

Let me give you an analogy, there are 2 flies... butterfly vs housefly,
the butterfly is by nature MADE to fly among sweet smelling roses while the
housefly will be found in ru-bbish and sh-it. Now my question, if the butterfly
falls into rubbi-sh, does its fall into the rubbis-h make it a housefly? Am sure
biologist will shudder if that were to happen... will the butterfly remain in the
sh-it...of course not, it will change its mind [repent] and acknowledge its nature
and fly off to what it always do... among the sweet smelling flowers... grin .
Now becos the butterfly MAY FALL into the rubbi-sh does that make it to always
WANT to fall into the rub-bish next time?

yet you are spiting grace which teaches us to deny ungodliness and worldly lust... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Bros repent...change your mind!

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
Ukutsgp: and u know d dat the consequence of sin is eternal death(separation from God).

Have you ever heard of "double jeopardy"?

we must work for God. remember, Jesus said 'occupy till i come'. will he find u in ur duty post when he comes?

You cannot occupy till He comes because you are upholding the 10 commandments which He nailed to the cross, hence makes you so conscious of sin! And the 10 commandment was written and engraved on stone not some how to slaughter animals.

i must do the work of him that sent me while it is day, the night is coming when no man can work. he has sent us to preach d gospel, heal d sick, bind d broken hearted, raise d dead, bring deliverance to d possessed, set free those that are in prisons, help d orphans and widows like Dorcas, etc.

beautiful, is it because you DID His "work" diligently that the above has occured in your ministry?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
atbu1983:

Every human being will love it if your position of once save forever save is true .

But d fact is that it is not true. it is false Gospel satan had devised to take many to hell. By using charismatic sweet talking preachers to spread it, many will fall for it.

what is THE gospel? remember paul emphasis that there is ANOTHER GOSPEL! Kindly help me understand THE GOSPEL and ANOTHER GOSPEL in the context of gal 1!

The bible told us that in d last days false teachers will be plenty. people will become lovers of themselves . Many will have itching ears always wanting to hear what is sweet.

The gospel of once save always save is delusional.

It is true as a true believer of Christ God doesn't condemn us to hell immediately when we do wrong or sin. But need to see in us d desire to be free physically from those sin.

Those of us who sin deliberately because grace of God is available will surely lose our salvation if we don't repent.

Please can you share with us what is the Gospel of the Grace of God?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
atbu1983: 1corinthians 9. 24 to 27

24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only
one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are
disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will
fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with
purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I
discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it
should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself
might be disqualified.

From dat passage, it means we can lose d prize of eternal life (salvation) if we don't try our best to conquer our flesh. All we need to ask is d grace of God to help our resolve. It is our decision to consciously displine our body, d grace of God only assist us to achieve.

this is from one of my post, https://www.nairaland.com/1908930/once-saved-always-saved-false/6#26576726

Halleluyah... a lot of people use this to emphasis that its works... well lets see... paul emphasis that righteousness is a gift through grace... so definately he will be stating the obvious that he must run the race of righteousness through grace only and if he should ever be disqualified would be when he fell from grace due to the work of the law...
Gal 5:4-7

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
KJV

Note: I know you can come up with satanic twisting of d message to create a meaning never intended by Apostle Paul when he was writing to Corinthians.

2Timithy 4vs 3 is as stated below
For there will be a time when people will not tolerate sound
teaching. Instead, following their own desires, they will
accumulate teachers for themselves, because they have an
insatiable curiosity to hear new things.

So by implication.. hearing that by one man's obedience we were made sinners and by One Man obedience, we were made righteous is a New THINGS... receiving the abundance of Grace and the Gift of righteousness thru Christ to reign in this life... is NEW THING? Reckoning (accounting) that Sin shall not have dominion over you ... is a NEW THING? That Christ as our High Priest can SAVE US TO THE UTTERMOST is a NEW THING? HMMM!!!

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
Orunto: We all are saved by the Grace of Christ. Once you have that Grace And you strive to retain it, you are saved forever.

But whenever you backslide from the faith, you are doomed. This is the Teaching. It is not a doctrine.

Do you know that "BACKSLIDING FROM THE FAITH is simply refusing to continue in how you received CHRIST... which is by faith... trying to work to to convince God is mere futility but working good so that men will see and glorify God is why i work not to score some cheap points before God.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Orunto: 6:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
YOU DON'T KNOW GOD!
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
hisblud:
what do you understand by this...

Let me give you an analogy, there are 2 flies... butterfly vs housefly,
the butterfly is by nature MADE to fly among sweet smelling roses while the
housefly will be found in ru-bbish and sh-it. Now my question, if the butterfly
falls into rubbi-sh, does its fall into the rubbis-h make it a housefly? Am sure
biologist will shudder if that were to happen... will the butterfly remain in the
sh-it...of course not, it will change its mind [repent] and acknowledge its nature
and fly off to what it always do... among the sweet smelling flowers... grin .
Now becos the butterfly MAY FALL into the rubbi-sh does that make it to always
WANT to fall into the rub-bish next time?

yet you are spiting grace which teaches us to deny ungodliness and worldly lust... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Bros repent...change your mind!
Wonderful analogy
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 6:56am On Oct 04, 2014
hisblud:

Have you ever heard of "double jeopardy"?

You cannot occupy till He comes because you are upholding the 10 commandments which He nailed to the cross, hence makes you so conscious of sin! And the 10 commandment was written and engraved on stone not some how to slaughter animals.

beautiful, is it because you DID His "work" diligently that the above has occured in your ministry?
i am only upholding good works after salvation.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 7:00am On Oct 04, 2014
5solas:
I commend you for this excellent introduction of the matter, this belief is so unpopular these days, but so true..
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 7:02am On Oct 04, 2014
5solas:
pls why the commendation? are not d championing those doctrines since d beginning of this thread?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 7:54am On Oct 04, 2014
Ukutsgp: pls why the commendation? are not d championing those doctrines since d beginning of this thread?
Neither have I given up on their championing. I liked your introduction. The bolded in particular, though you don't seem to see it.

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 8:29am On Oct 04, 2014
Your presentation there was balanced and not a caricature of OSAS.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 04, 2014
Orunto: YOU DON'T KNOW GOD!
?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 04, 2014
Ukutsgp: i am only upholding good works after salvation.
but your post shows that your confidence in the works you do, will somehow make you acceptable to God, against the works i do not to be MADE acceptable but for MEN to SEE THOSE GOOD WORKS and GLORIFY HIM and this is why i dont fornicate, steal, cheat. Do you see the difference of how we both see WORKS differently?

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 9:37am On Oct 04, 2014
Ukutsgp: i am only upholding good works after salvation.
And to what purpose? Good works after salvation for salvation? You have to find out the reason for those good works.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 11:11am On Oct 04, 2014
You advocate these good works for salvation, we say the believer being saved already, they cannot be for salvation. Do you see the difference? We do not deny the need to do good works after salvation but insist they have their necessary uses but not for salvation .

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ukutsgp:

This doctrine is one of the five major
points of Calvinism. It is often called
"the eternal security of the believer,"
"perseverance of the saints,"
"impossibility of apostasy," or simply
"once saved, always saved." Several
major denominations officially believe
the doctrine, though some do not
emphasize it and as a result the
members may not be aware of it.

The Westminster Confession adopted by
most Presbyterian churches, states:
"They whom God hath accepted in his
Beloved, effectually called and sanctified
by his Spirit, can neither totally nor
finally fall away from the state of grace;
but shall certainly persevere therein to
the end, and be eternally saved …
Nevertheless they may, through the
temptations of Satan … fall into grievous
sins…"
(Book of Confessions of the United
Presbyterian Church, 1967 Ed., Sec.
6.086-6.088).
The Philadelphia Confession, adopted by
many Baptist churches, is almost
identical to the above.
You testify yourself that the belief is held by,'' most Presbyterian churches''. Ask yourself why they put up with this ''heresy''. The Westminster Confession of Faith from which these churches adopted the doctrine is at least three centuries old, it is dated 1646.It is clear therefore that this is no new ''heresy''. The truth is that it is a truth we have been glossing over while we allowed errors to flourish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 11, 2014
if you truly know you are saved, then what is the problem?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2014
people can fall back to as when they are yet saved. so why the argument. someone can be saved today and become unsaved tomorrow.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ukutsgp:
people can fall back to as when they are yet saved. so why the argument. someone can be saved today and become unsaved tomorrow.

grin grin grin

Harping on old strings again?
How interesting!
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 4:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
5solas:

grin grin grin

Harping on old strings again?
How interesting!
yea. so are u telling me that a believer who went and indulge in fornication and died on top of a girl, will make heaven? can he?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
21 “But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22 None of the transgressions which he has committed shall be remembered against him; because of the righteousness which he has done, he shall live. 23 Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?” says the Lord GOD, “ and not that he should turn from his ways and live? 24 “But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die. 25 “Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ Hear now, O house of Israel, is it not My way which is fair, and your ways which are not fair? 26 When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity, and dies in it, it is because of the iniquity which he has done that he dies. 27 Again, when a wicked man turns away from the wickedness which he committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive. 28 Because he considers and turns away from all the transgressions which he committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die. -Ezekiel 18:21-28

this scripture shows that a righteous man can become unrighteous and vice-versa base on the way they lived.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 2:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
JMAN05:
2 Peter 2:20-22

20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22 Of them the proverbs are true: "A dog returns to its vomit," and, "A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud." NIV

Will they be saved? Was it the action/works of this people that made them loose salvation? Could there works/actions contribute to there not being condemned?

Heb 10:26-29

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? NIV

Will such ones be saved? Did there actions/works affect there fate? If they had refrained from deliberate sin, could it have affected there fate?
https://www.nairaland.com/2055387/frosbel-now-atheist/17#29481850

On what basis does one lose salvation. At what point in their lives do there do this? Enlighten me.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
5solas:
https://www.nairaland.com/2055387/frosbel-now-atheist/17#29481850

On what basis does one lose salvation. At what point in their lives do there do this? Enlighten me.

Answer my questions first. Inside that question and in those scriptures your enlightenment will be gotten. Waiting...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria / Let's Talk About Gay Rights - From A Religio-Philosophical Perspective / New Music: Jonathan Mcreynolds – Make Room (full Album Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.