Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,703 members, 7,955,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! (8864 Views)

Once Saved Always Saved / The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism / "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
5solas:
Completely endorsed.
laden with error.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
Rich4god: Shey yours is the true religion abi... Well, enjoy your heaven alone...
i am nt boasting. u people were d one boasting that ur church gave d bible. that ur church is d only true church in the world and many more.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ukutsgp: laden with error.
Sounded like one of the reformers of old.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
labot: Dear Ukutsgp, do you honestly believe you're righteous? You think all your church going, tithe paying, prayer meetings, being good etc makes you righteous? All our righteousness are filth in God's eyes(Psalm 14:2-3, Rom 3:10-12). The only righteous thing we do is believing in Christ and even that is not our effort, it is the gift of God(Ephesians 2:8-10) i.e we can not believe in Christ by ourselves except God makes us believe(John 6:44-45). The good works we do after we accept Christ are all of God's work(Ephesians 2:10, Phillipians 2:13). When we accept Christ through the workings of the Holy Spirit, He instills into us different habits. These new habits, though they may and will develop by practice, are not produced by practice. The Spirit immediately forms the habits for us. Such is regeneration. We now have desires and thoughts we never had before. The Holy Spirit has regenerated us and changed our minds and when we sin, the Holy Spirit makes us realize our sins and we regret committing those sins. The Holy Spirit helps us abandon our sinful ways and we gradually become better people but we can never become completely sinless as long as we're in this flesh(1 John 5:16) not until the day of glorification. Yes Once Saved, Always Saved is biblical(John 5:24, 6:37-40, 6:44-47, 10:27-29, Phillipians 1:6, 2 Thessalonians 3:3, 1 Peter 1:3-5). Our salvation from beginning to end is all of God's work(Hebrews 12:2). God bless you.
i just try all i cud to please God. that's all. without holiness, no man shall see God.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
i am not trying to justify myself. all i am saying is dat, sin leads to eternal death therefore we must avoid sin like ebola. sin can seperate us from God forever if we live carelessly in this world.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ukutsgp: i just try all i cud to please God. that's all. without holiness, no man shall see God.
And when He receives you on the last day, it will not be for your, 'holiness '.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ukutsgp: i am not trying to justify myself. all i am saying is dat, sin leads to eternal death therefore we must avoid sin like ebola. sin can seperate us from God forever if we live carelessly in this world.
Of course we should. But the big question is,WHY?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
5solas:
And when He receives you on the last day, it will not be for your, 'holiness '.
1 peter 1:14-16
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
5solas:
Of course we should. But the big question is,WHY?
it leads to eternal death as i have said.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
God hate sin with passion

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by labot(m): 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ukutsgp: i just try all i cud to please God. that's all. without holiness, no man shall see God.

Brothers, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God is for Israel, that they may be saved. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, they didn’t subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the fulfillment[a] of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. 5 For Moses writes about the righteousness of the law, “The one who does them will live by them.”[b] 6 But the righteousness which is of faith says this, “Don’t say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’[c] (that is, to bring Christ down); 7 or, ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’[d] (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead.)” 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth, and in your heart”;[e] that is, the word of faith, which we preach: 9 that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart, one believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in him will not be disappointed. Romans 10:1-11

Yet knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, even we believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law, because no flesh will be justified by the works of the law.
Galatians 2:16.

My brother, do you really think you can ever please God by your “holiness”?

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
@labot
Beautiful passages. Showing our need of God's own righteousness.
"Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed".
This pretty much sums it up.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
labot:

Brothers, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God is for Israel, that they may be saved. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, they didn’t subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the fulfillment[a] of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. 5 For Moses writes about the righteousness of the law, “The one who does them will live by them.”[b] 6 But the righteousness which is of faith says this, “Don’t say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’[c] (that is, to bring Christ down); 7 or, ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’[d] (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead.)” 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth, and in your heart”;[e] that is, the word of faith, which we preach: 9 that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart, one believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in him will not be disappointed. Romans 10:1-11

Yet knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, even we believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law, because no flesh will be justified by the works of the law.
Galatians 2:16.

My brother, do you really think you can ever please God by your “holiness”?
so we are not supposed to obey the ten commandment? i know that we are not to follow the ceremonial law. but the principle of holiness in those laws stands. he said we should be holy and separates ourselves from the world. obeying him through his word can help us to live a holy life. u cant rule out the place of holiness in our christian walk with God.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ukutsgp: so we are not supposed to obey the ten commandment? i know that we are not to follow the ceremonial law. but the principle of holiness in those laws stands. he said we should be holy and separates ourselves from the world. obeying him through his word can help us to live a holy life. u cant rule out the place of holiness in our christian walk with God.
Didn't you see in that post , that justification does not from keeping the law? Do you know that the law and commandments are one and the same? If you see a distinction, It would please me to see it too.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ukutsgp: sin can make u lost ur salvation. it can also disqualify u from entering heaven. when u sin, u have to confess and forsake that sin to be in right standing with God. just one sin can make u to be lost forever if u fail to amend ur ways.

The "christ" you preach is like the yearly lamb sacrifice which always reminds of sin... But the Only true sacrifice of Christ is once from the foundation of the world even before you confessed Christ, sacrifice finished. Do you believe?

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 11:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
5solas:
Didn't you see in that post , that justification does not from keeping the law? Do you know that the law and commandments are one and the same? If you see a distinction, It would please me to see it
on Mount Sinai, Moses received both law
of God and a precise set of instructions
for the sacrificial system. These were to
form the basis of the religious
ceremonies of the Israelites.
Both sets of instructions were called the law, but
they were different in that the law of Ten
Commandments defined what sin was, whereas
the ceremonial law contained the solution to the
sin problem. God wrote the Ten Commandments,
and Moses wrote the ceremonial law, or book of
the law.

The Law of Ten Commandments

And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an
end of communing with him upon mount Sinai,
two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written
with the finger of God (Exodus 31:18).
And the tables were the work of God, and the
writing was the writing of God, graven upon the
tables (Exodus 32:16).
When Moses returned from meeting with God on
Sinai he found that the Israelites had made for
themselves a golden calf to worship. Moses was
so angry that he broke the tablets of stone. Then
God said to him, “Hew thee two tables of stone
like unto the first, and come up unto me into the
mount, and make thee an ark of wood. And I will
write on the tables the words that were in the
first tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put
them in the ark” (Deuteronomy 10:1-2).
When Moses broke the first tablets, it symbolized
the law of God that had been broken by God’s
people when they served the golden calf. The law
did not change as a result of the people’s sin.
Rather, God wrote the law again onto the new
tables of stone that Moses fashioned, symbolizing
that we have to be co-workers together with God
in upholding His law. Only in God’s strength can
we uphold the law, but we must cooperate with
Him in this regard.
The two tables of stone were placed inside the
Ark of the Covenant.

The Ceremonial Law

This law of types and ceremonies was written by
Moses in the book of the law, and was placed
beside the Ark.
And it came to pass, when Moses had made an
end of writing the words of this law in a book,
until they were finished, That Moses commanded
the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of
the LORD, saying, Take this book of the law, and
put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the
LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness
against thee (Deuteronomy 31:24-26 emphasis
added).
These two sets of laws, the one moral and the
other ceremonial, were thus entirely different and
served different purposes.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 11:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances
that was against us, which was contrary
to us, and took it out of the way, nailing
it to his cross (Colossians 2:14).

Does this verse mean that we no longer need to
follow the ceremonial law and the law of Ten
Commandments? This verse refers to only one
law: the law that was against us, that showed us
our transgressions. This was not the Ten
Commandments, but the ceremonial law. When
Christ died, he satisfied the demands of justice in
the law of ceremonies and blotted it out.

Christ fulfilled the obligations of the ceremonial
law by becoming the Lamb slain for the sins of
the world. He fulfilled the obligation of the law of
Ten Commandments by His perfect obedience to
its precepts. After His death, the law of
ceremonies was discontinued because it
foreshadowed the cross, but the law of Ten
Commandments did not change, nor was it done
away with. The same law is still to be found in
the New Testament and those who follow Christ
must continue to live by this law
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 11:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
many people often confuse Moses Law
with God's Ten Commandment Law, but
they are very different.

Moses' law was the temporary,
ceremonial law of the Old Testament. It
regulated the priesthood, sacrifices,
rituals, meat and drink offerings, etc., all
of which foreshadowed the cross. This
law was added "till the seed should
come," and that seed was Christ
(Galatians 3:16, 19). The ritual and
ceremony of Moses' law pointed forward
to Christ's sacrifice. When He died, this
law came to an end, but the Ten
Commandments (God's law) "stand fast
for ever and ever." Psalm 111:7,8.
There are two laws that are made crystal
clear in the following verses below.
Daniel 9:10 is talking about God's law
and verse 11 is talking about Moses' law:

"Neither have we obeyed the voice of the
LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which
he set before us by his servants the
prophets."
"Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law,
even by departing, that they might not
obey thy voice; therefore the curse is
poured upon us, and the oath that is
written in the law of Moses the servant of
God, because we have sinned against
him." Daniel 9:10,11

Special Note: Please note that God's law
also called the 10 Commandments has
existed at least as long as sin has
existed. The Bible says, "Where no law is,
there is no transgression [or sin]."
Romans 4:15. So God's Ten
Commandment law existed from the
beginning. Men broke that law.
"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth
also the law: for sin is the transgression
of the law." 1 John 3:4 Because of sin (or
breaking God's law), Moses law was
given (or "added" Galatians 3:16, 19) till
Christ should come and die. Two
separate laws involved: God's law or 10
Commandments and Moses law.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 24, 2014
paxonel:
OK, i am a sinner, a very proud one ,I am still enjoying my life, come put me for hell fire now?
ahaha ahahaa aha

Your concept of salvation is more of perversion of d truth that was promoted by some america envagelica preachers. This erroneous twisting of d gospel remove our attention from God. It promote greed and evil.

Even before christ died for our sin, people were still considered righteous in d old testament. They were considered righteous not because they never do wrong but because thier heart was focus on God and they strife for righteousness.

Now that christ have died for us, and we are born again, does it mean we are safe for ever even when we continously and deliberately do wrong (sin).? The answer is No!

Should we continue in sin so dat grace shall abide, d bible said God forbid. romans 6. From verse 15 shown below

What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law
but under grace? Certainly not! Do you not know that to
whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that
one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death,
or of obedience leading to righteousness? But God be
thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed
from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were
delivered. And having been set free from sin, you became
slaves of righteousness. I speak in human terms because
of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented
your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness
leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members
as slaves of righteousness for holiness.
For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard
to righteousness. What fruit did you have then in the
things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those
things is death. But now having been set free from sin,
and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to
holiness, and the end, everlasting life. For the wages of
sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus
our Lord.

Apostle Paul went further to say Christianity is a race that one can lose d prize if not done delligently to the end. 1corinthians 9. 23 to 27

23 I do it all
for the sake of the gospel, r that I may share with them in
its blessings.
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run,
but only one receives s the prize? So t run that you may
obtain it. 25 Every u athlete exercises self-control in all
things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we
v an imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I w do not
box as one x beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and
y keep it under control, 2 lest after preaching to others z I
myself should be a disqualified.

Now does it mean we are justified by work alone? not at all. do we sustain our salvation by grace alone? not at all! We have a role to play. Though christ has died for all mankind more than 2000 years ago, we are only saved d day we confess and believe in our heart d death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The grace of God is what made God to makes us a new being by mere confession. The grace of God applify our good deed before God and downplay our weaknesses and wrongdoing (sin) b4 God. That is why we need to discipline our body and put it under control as apostle said.

Thus we can be disqualified (lose our salvation) as stated by apostle paul in 1corinthians if we take d grace of God for granted. Because as humans we have weaknesses, we should strife for physical righteousness even as we are spiritually righteous by d Grace of God through christ Jesus. For faith without work is dead.

Though we are saved by Grace d day we are born again, we sustain our salvation by fighting a good fight of faith and subjecting our body to control with d grace of God helping us. Just as we consciously made a decision to be born again and d grace of God made it possible so also we should consciously pursue physical righteousness and d grace of God will help us achieve it b4 God. God sees d inclination of our heart. He knows when we make deliberate effort to do right. So because of his Grace he overlook even when we fall once in a while.
However when we deliberately live in sin because of we find sin pleasurable and sweet, because we feel d grace of God is always available, by dat we have already brought judgement on our self. As we can see in 1corinthians 5 shown below

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you,
and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has
his father's wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have
been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man
who did this? 3 Even though I am not physically present, I am with
you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who
did this, just as if I were present. 4 When you are assembled in the
name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power
of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan, so
that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the
day of the Lord. 6 Your boasting is not good. Don't you know that a
little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of
the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast--as you
really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8
Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast
of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread
of sincerity and truth. 9 I have written you in my letter not to
associate with sexually immoral people-- 10 not at all meaning the
people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers,
or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11
But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone
who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an
idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man
do not even eat. 12 What business is it of mine to judge those
outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will
judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

You can see in 1corinthians 5 above paul is referring strictly to believers who find it very comfortable doing wrong without shame. If you medidate on verse 5 you will see that our spirit can become on safe by d action of our flesh. We should grief when we do wrong and not b proud of it as stated in verse 2

3 Likes

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 6:44am On Sep 24, 2014
@ Ukutsgp
You got the most essential thing in all of this wrong. So the false conclusion you arrive out is understandable.
When the Bible says salvation is not by the law, what it meant is that, IT IS NOT DESERVED. And by this you should understand that by the "law" is comprehended both the ceremonial and ten commandments. Removing the ten commandments as you've done, such passages would read, we are not justified by keeping the ceremonial laws! grin.
And what would their thrusts be? If you fail at the foundation, your building cannot stand but must collapse.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by labot(m): 7:55am On Sep 24, 2014
5solas: @ Ukutsgp
You got the most essential thing in all of this wrong. So the false conclusion you arrive out is understandable.
When the Bible says salvation is not by the law, what it meant is that, IT IS NOT DESERVED. And by this you should understand that by the "law" is comprehended both the ceremonial and ten commandments. Removing the ten commandments as you've done, such passages would read, we are not justified by keeping the ceremonial laws! grin.
And what would their thrusts be? If you fail at the foundation, your building cannot stand but must collapse.
. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by labot(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2014
Dear Ukutsg, do you know who first promulgated that the law contains moral, ceremonial and judicial precepts? That both the ceremonial and judicial precepts are no longer binding but the moral is still binding? Catholic theologian Thomas Aquinas(1225-1274). Yes the catholic doctrine you so condemn yet are now upholding. The Bible does not divide the Law of Moses into "moral laws", "ceremonial laws" and "judicial or civil law" as if the moral laws were somehow more eternally and universally binding than the others. Now Gal 3:19 says: What then was the purpose of the Law? It was added [later on, after the promise, to disclose and expose to men their guilt] because of transgressions and [to make men more conscious of the sinfulness] of sin; and it was intended to be in effect until the Seed (the Descendant, the Heir) should come, to and concerning Whom the promise had been made. And it [the Law] was arranged and ordained and appointed through the instrumentality of angels [and was given] by the hand (in the person) of a go-between [Moses, an intermediary person between God and man]. Amplified Bible (AMP).
The verse said the Law, not ceremonial and judicial law but the Law as a whole. Please quote the bible as it is don't add and don't remove. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 24, 2014
Ukutsgp:
many people often confuse Moses Law
with God's Ten Commandment Law, but
they are very different.

quite interesting... Paul must be the MOST confused of that lot by stating thus

4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit;[a] for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. 11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

Now my question to you... what was WRITTEN ON STONES.. ceremonial law or the 10 COMMANDMENT...?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 24, 2014
Ukutsgp: i am not trying to justify myself. all i am saying is dat, sin leads to eternal death therefore we must avoid sin like ebola. sin can seperate us from God forever if we live carelessly in this world.

You see the point you are missing is WHAT/WHO is in the midst of your consciousness... Christ who IS[PRESENT CONTINOUS] or the result of the first adam...SIN? why did it separate Christ in the first place from God when HE became SIN [Mind you He did not sin but was MADE SIN] so that we that hold unto His righteousness, are counted as righteous...? Your problem is you worry more of sin rather than been conscious of the Finished work of Christ that is why the scriptures looks so cloggy to you... behold Him as your righteousness who has Made you righteous and you will gradually be drawn away from sin.... wink

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 24, 2014
Please can you please reconcile what you wrote up there with this verses

14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: 15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; 16 lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. 17 For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears.

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 24, 2014
Ukutsgp: it leads to eternal death as i have said.

please could you list verses that have the words "eternal death" in it after the death of Christ. thanks
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 24, 2014
Ukutsgp: God hate sin with passion

of course hence He did away with sin by making His Son to become sin...ONCE FOR ALL TIME...!
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 24, 2014
Ukutsgp: so we are not supposed to obey the ten commandment? i know that we are not to follow the ceremonial law. but the principle of holiness in those laws stands. he said we should be holy and separates ourselves from the world. obeying him through his word can help us to live a holy life. u cant rule out the place of holiness in our christian walk with God.

Still your view of WHAT/WHO by His death has made you, is faulty, hence His admonition to be holy, separate from the world and obeying His word is skewed.. hence you fall from grace...WHO IS Ukutsgp IN Christ?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 24, 2014
hisblud:

of course hence He did away with sin by making His Son to become sin...ONCE FOR ALL TIME...!

Your concept of salvation is more of perversion of d truth that was promoted by some america envagelica preachers. This erroneous twisting of d gospel remove our attention from God. It promote greed and evil.

Even before christ died for our sin, people were still considered righteous in d old testament. They were considered righteous not because they never do wrong but because thier heart was focus on God and they strife for righteousness.

Now that christ have died for us, and we are born again, does it mean we are safe for ever even when we continously and deliberately do wrong (sin).? The answer is No!

Should we continue in sin so dat grace shall abide, d bible said God forbid. romans 6. From verse 15 shown below

What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law
but under grace? Certainly not! Do you not know that to
whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that
one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death,
or of obedience leading to righteousness? But God be
thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed
from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were
delivered. And having been set free from sin, you became
slaves of righteousness. I speak in human terms because
of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented
your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness
leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members
as slaves of righteousness for holiness.
For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard
to righteousness. What fruit did you have then in the
things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those
things is death. But now having been set free from sin,
and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to
holiness, and the end, everlasting life. For the wages of
sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus
our Lord.

Apostle Paul went further to say Christianity is a race that one can lose d prize if not done delligently to the end. 1corinthians 9. 23 to 27

23 I do it all
for the sake of the gospel, r that I may share with them in
its blessings.
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run,
but only one receives s the prize? So t run that you may
obtain it. 25 Every u athlete exercises self-control in all
things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we
v an imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I w do not
box as one x beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and
y keep it under control, 2 lest after preaching to others z I
myself should be a disqualified.

Now does it mean we are justified by work alone? not at all. do we sustain our salvation by grace alone? not at all! We have a role to play. Though christ has died for all mankind more than 2000 years ago, we are only saved d day we confess and believe in our heart d death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The grace of God is what made God to makes us a new being by mere confession. The grace of God applify our good deed before God and downplay our weaknesses and wrongdoing (sin) b4 God. That is why we need to discipline our body and put it under control as apostle said.

Thus we can be disqualified (lose our salvation) as stated by apostle paul in 1corinthians if we take d grace of God for granted. Because as humans we have weaknesses, we should strife for physical righteousness even as we are spiritually righteous by d Grace of God through christ Jesus. For faith without work is dead.

Though we are saved by Grace d day we are born again, we sustain our salvation by fighting a good fight of faith and subjecting our body to control with d grace of God helping us. Just as we consciously made a decision to be born again and d grace of God made it possible so also we should consciously pursue physical righteousness and d grace of God will help us achieve it b4 God. God sees d inclination of our heart. He knows when we make deliberate effort to do right. So because of his Grace he overlook even when we fall once in a while.
However when we deliberately live in sin because of we find sin pleasurable and sweet, because we feel d grace of God is always available, by dat we have already brought judgement on our self. As we can see in 1corinthians 5 shown below

It is actually reported that there is intimate immorality among you,
and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has
his father's wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have
been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man
who did this? 3 Even though I am not physically present, I am with
you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who
did this, just as if I were present. 4 When you are assembled in the
name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power
of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan, so
that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the
day of the Lord. 6 Your boasting is not good. Don't you know that a
little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of
the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast--as you
really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8
Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast
of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread
of sincerity and truth. 9 I have written you in my letter not to
associate with sexually immoral people-- 10 not at all meaning the
people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers,
or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11
But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone
who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an
idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man
do not even eat. 12 What business is it of mine to judge those
outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will
judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

You can see in 1corinthians 5 above paul is referring strictly to believers who find it very comfortable doing wrong without shame. If you medidate on verse 5 you will see that our spirit can become on safe by d action of our flesh. We should grief when we do wrong and not b proud of it as stated in verse 2

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 9:13am On Sep 24, 2014
5solas: @ Ukutsgp
thou shall not commit adultery stands. thou shall not kill stands. etc so u mean people today can commit adultery and kill?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 9:25am On Sep 24, 2014
labot: Dear Ukutsg, do you know who first promulgated that the law contains moral, ceremonial and judicial precepts? That both the ceremonial and judicial precepts are no longer binding but the moral is still binding? Catholic theologian Thomas Aquinas(1225-1274). Yes the catholic doctrine you so condemn yet are now upholding. The Bible does not divide the Law of Moses into "moral laws", "ceremonial laws" and "judicial or civil law" as if the moral laws were somehow more eternally and universally binding than the others. Now Gal 3:19 says: What then was the purpose of the Law? It was added [later on, after the promise, to disclose and expose to men their guilt] because of transgressions and [to make men more conscious of the sinfulness] of sin; and it was intended to be in effect until the Seed (the Descendant, the Heir) should come, to and concerning Whom the promise had been made. And it [the Law] was arranged and ordained and appointed through the instrumentality of angels [and was given] by the hand (in the person) of a go-between [Moses, an intermediary person between God and man]. Amplified Bible (AMP).
The verse said the Law, not ceremonial and judicial law but the Law as a whole. Please quote the bible as it is don't add and don't remove. God bless you.
i am not upholding any catholic doctrines. i have already shown him that u cant do away with d ten commandment. the moral laws stands but the ceremonial law has been done away with by christ death. so will must continue to do d moral laws such as 'thou shall not kill'.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by paxonel(m): 9:25am On Sep 24, 2014
5solas:
grin
Why do you call him that?
because he does not believe in JESUS, he believes in his works. he does not have faith, it is either his faith or his works he should choose one
Romans 11:6 And if by grace (faith ), then it is no more of works...
since he has choosed works over faith then.he is not different from a Muslim or anybody outside christianity
he believes by mouth, but by action. (because he is more of works ) he has denied the faith
remember, action speaks louder than voice
that means, he is condemned already into hell fire John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Myths And Truths About The Believer & Foundational Problems / Once A Christian...unsure...questioning. A Thread For Questions. / I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.