Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay (5981 Views)

My Boyfriend Hit Me...should I Forgive Him? / See The Way My Boyfriend Beat Me! What Should I Do? (pic) / Should I Forgive Him And Continue Dating Him, Or Should I Just Let Him Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by isobel: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
I've been dating my fiancé for four years and we recently got engaged. In the second year of our relationship we had an argument and he beat me. I forgave him and he never laid his hands on me since then. However, he threatend to beat me a couple of times when we had heated argument but never did. Apart from this, he is like an angel. very attentive and caring. My dilemma now is that a couple of people have told me 'if a Man ever lays a hand on a woman she should not marry him because he will eventually turn out to be violent and a wife beater after the marriage'. I've developed cold feet since then and I'm beginning to have second thought about the marriage. Should I marry him or not?
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by ednut1(m): 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
marry him please, i want to read a story on nairaland in 2017 ' man beheads wife(isobel) after argument , angry angry

9 Likes

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by tshegs19: 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
ednut1: marry him please, i want to read a story on nairaland in 2017 ' man beheads wife(isobel) after argument , angry angry
hahaha.Be Nice.

@Op. Pray about it! smiley
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by uboma(m): 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
Expect more battering from him after your wedding...
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Neldrizzy(m): 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
Love don blind this 1 eye... #smh
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
Dearie I wouldn't wanna advice u to quit the marriage but if u r sure dat his going to be beating u. U have better update ur facebook status as single.as for me I don't think he has changed since he has done it once his still gonna do it sweaty.so be smart
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Sapphire86(f): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
Deep down you know what u should. Follow your intuition and forget 'he is caring and we have dated 4 years' because I don't think we have shelters for abused women in nigeria o.

Save yourself money for plastic surgery and leave while u can

3 Likes

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by izaray(f): 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
He may not want to lay his hands on you anymore after marriage, believe me, marriage is not like dating, i mean is not not like Girlfriend and boyfriend issue, my own opinion tho

2 Likes

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
samflexxy: Dearie I wouldn't wanna advice to quit the marriage but if u r sure dat his going be beating u have better update ur facebook status as single.as for me I don't think he has changed since he has done it once his still gonna do it sweaty.
AND ENGLISH DIED cry cry

2 Likes

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
izaray: He may not want to lay his hands on you anymore after marriage, believe me, marriage is not like dating, i mean is not not like Girlfriend and boyfriend issue, my own opinion tho
I don't really think so when his married to you he feels asured that whatever he does to you u r his property so he den hve more confidence to pounce and design ur face. My own opinion tho

6 Likes

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Tallesty1(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
isobel: I've been dating my fiancé for four years and we recently got engaged. In the second year of our relationship we had an argument and he beat me. I forgave him and he never laid his hands on me since then. However, he threatend to beat me a couple of times when we had heated argument but never did. Apart from this, he is like an angel. very attentive and caring. My dilemma now is that a couple of people have told me 'if a Man ever lays a hand on a woman she should not marry him because he will eventually turn out to be violent and a wife beater after the marriage'. I've developed cold feet since then and I'm beginning to have second thought about the marriage. Should I marry him or not?
What lead to the heated argument and why do you guys always have heated argument?
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by izaray(f): 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
Infact, ur question should be directed to d family section, we avn't even bothered to ask d reason why he beat u
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by zizazizu: 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
My dear, let me advise u to pray abt it. Last week, I spoke with a guy friend of mine whom all my friends know to be hot tempered. He got married a year ago and confessed to me that he has laid hands on his wife. Marriage doesn't change ppl. If anything, it brings out the worse in them. But if u love him, discuss it at length with him before making ur decision to either go further or call it quits.
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
You had a misunderstanding and he did beat you then, he apologized and promised never to beat you again but he sometimes threatens to beat you...Hmmmm, if your fiance is temperamental them I'm afraid he Will sure beat you again out of annoyance and as his wife and no longer his girlfriend what will you do?

Just like what izaray said he may not lay his hands on you again after marriage, just follow your heart and not what people say.
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by izaray(f): 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
Tallesty1: What lead to the heated argument and why do you guys always have heated argument?
U av just asked a very good question here, lets hear 4rm her, b4 our conclusion
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
Plexus: AND ENGLISH DIED cry cry
hy tha was rude I already modified it it was my fone the key pad has been malfunctioning but seriously u think u know how to speak in english ba
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Benita4bliss(f): 4:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
what did do that makes him to beats u? how do always react or talks to him when ever he does something wrong to u, check urself very well and knw what always makes him angry that always lead to beating and stop it. No sane man will like to rise up his hand and hit his woman witout a reason, since d man is not a drunkard.check and work on urself first before listen to those that are. telling u to walk out. stop doing those things that will provoke him. no man or woman is a perfect being in this life. And again, we women some of us get bad mouth well well.

1 Like

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Dayhorla: 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
If a guy you are dating beat you and you still go ahead and marry him that means you ave given him the right to continue beating you but if you love him so much you can't live without him,marry him then u can leave him after he kills u

1 Like

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by vizkiz: 4:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
wife beaters are dangerous too be with

1 Like

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by izaray(f): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
FrankySnow: You had a misunderstanding and he did beat you then, he apologized and promised never to beat you again but he sometimes threatens to beat you...Hmmmm, if your fiance is temperamental them I'm afraid he Will sure beat you again out of annoyance and as his wife and no longer his girlfriend what will you do?

Just like what izaray said he may not lay his hands on you again after marriage, just follow your heart and not what people say.
Yeah, and dosen't mean d dude will remain single, simply because his a hot tempered type na, dey must be a lady dat will understand him at dsame tym, tolerate some things 4 peace to reign!
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Agybabe(f): 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
Forgive him but don't stay!
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
izaray: Yeah, and dosen't mean d dude will remain single, simply because his a hot tempered type na, dey must be a lady dat will understand him at dsame tym, tolerate some things 4 peace to reign!
Yes you are right but what worries me is why he threatens to beat her sometimes when they have misunderstanding. is it that op is too pushy or what?

I really don't like one sided story, if only we can hear from him too but anyhow sha.......
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by coolzeal(m): 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
Relationships are always up for renegotiation. You need to sit down with your partner, look him in the eyes, and tell him that you are taking a stand. You will not stay in the relationship if the abuse continues. From there, begin to negotiate. Figure out how both of you can take strides to make your relationship work else, walk away.
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
He needs to see a professional first. Let him deal with his demons, before you guys start talking about marriage.

I don't even understand why a woman would stick with a man that hit her during courtship. You are not anybody's mama, it is not your job to teach him what his momma should hv or to fix him.

Your beauty or sexual prowess won't either.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by kaboninc(m): 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
Benita4bliss: what did do that makes him to beats u? how do always react or talks to him when ever he does something wrong to u, check urself very well and knw what always makes him angry that always lead to beating and stop it. No sane man will like to rise up his hand and hit his woman witout a reason, since d man is not a drunkard.check and work on urself first before listen to those that are. telling u to walk out. stop doing those things that will provoke him. no man or woman is a perfect being in this life. And again, we women some of us get bad mouth well well.

In as much as these post are funnys and I have a fine laughing, I thinking you have a good points.

1 Like

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
zizazizu: My dear, let me advise u to pray abt it. Last week, I spoke with a guy friend of mine whom all my friends know to be hot tempered. He got married a year ago and confessed to me that he has laid hands on his wife. Marriage doesn't change ppl. If anything, it brings out the worse in them. But if u love him, discuss it at length with him before making ur decision to either go further or call it quits.
marriege doen't change pple dat i dont agree my dear. hv seen thousands of bad guys/gals changed for gud afta marriege . infct if one didnt change for gud afta marriege,he wl neva change again.
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by nikkypearl(f): 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
I am are repulsed at the very idea of a man beating a woman. ...

A man that once hit you before marriage will not hesitate to beat you after marriage!Be careful!
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by DonaldGenes(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
grin

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
ops follow ur hrt because uno him more dan us. may be wat hapen bfore ws a mistake n somtims we due make dat kind of mistakes in our lifes n wish we could turn d hand of a clock bak. so jst follow ur hrt.
Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by DonaldGenes(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
nikkypearl: I am are repulsed at the very idea of a man beating a woman. ...
grin
Such Men were NOT properly brought up and yeah, at times it depends on Different culture and the Ladies( talkative ones) iDon't want to mention names

1 Like

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by chimerase2: 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
I dnt knw wat gives men de morale the meat to beat der spouse kai undecided
Bia nne shey re are cumtaplatin marriein him.
Marriein him and qualify to the final of WWE chamupionship match undecided

1 Like

Re: He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay by Sanchez01: 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
OP, fact is, marriage doesn't change people. It is left to those involved if they want to change or stay the way they are.

Personally, I suggest you forgive him but FLEE for your life. You sure don't want to end up with a guy who milks out your self esteem at the comfort of his anger. He has beaten you before and the truth is he will still do it. He threatens you at will because he understands that that is the only language to make you reason with him.

Say the first time he laid his hands on you was a mistake, would you also consider the threats as mistakes

I honestly don't know how old you are but it would be better if you let go before you become a cement bag with sands in it. DO NOT let any guy destroy your dignity for love's sake.

Forgive him but call it quit, lest you might regret the whole thing later.smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sex On A Wedding Night / How Would You React If You Are In A Bus With Someone Reading A Book Like This... / If You Can Relate To These 15 Pictures,go And Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.