Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? (2303 Views)

Lady's You are not OK with what God Gave to you, you want it bigger CATION PIC / How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? / What Would You Do If Your Boyfriend Gave You This As Birthday Gift (PHOTOS!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by agangadiman(m): 11:20am On Sep 19, 2014
What is it with Weave in nigeria and the nigerian diaspora?

first of all can i ask you if any of you have watched the movie by chris rock called "Good Hair"? im sure some of you have refused to watch it so as to remain ignorant abi?

then some of you are going to say "Am using peruvian har not indian", as if there is much of a difference.

so those that will say they dont use indian hair say so to escape the guilt of the spiritual ties attached to Indian weave. OK fine... but what about the cultural insult to our african roots and heritage?

Was the Good Lord not aware of what he was doing when he gave you African hair?

did you see the Queens and pharaohs of African past seek to straighten their hair?

secondly, who says this weave fits ALL of you because hellooooooooooo.. it doesnt. the way sometimes you just plump it on ya scalp is not attractive at all.

as most of you are christian, didnt paul say women should cover their hair?

worst of all, black people in general (and this applies to me as well) have failed to even make real money from this foolish weave on craze.

black people are 99.9% of the total consumers of weave, yet we make up 0.1% of the retailers and real money makers behind weave on and black hair care products in general.

DISCUSS.........
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by Spicylate(f): 11:24am On Sep 19, 2014
what about the guys that are goin crazy on curls. they even braid. wont you address it?
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by 1one: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2014
Waiting for the translation undecided
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by agangadiman(m): 11:29am On Sep 19, 2014
Spicylate: what about the guys that are goin crazy on curls. they even braid. wont you address it?

this is not about guys though, feel free to create your own topic asking that question. however, yes it is a problem but i can chellenge you to mention 30 current popular nigerian men with curls, while i challenge you to name me 30 current popular women without weave.

secondly, men braiding their hair is part of african culture, it has been practised thousands of years ago...they are braiding their own hair afterall so that is not even a point worth raising in relation to this topic.

thirdly, havent you been taught not to answer a question with a question? pleease stand up jare

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by agangadiman(m): 11:30am On Sep 19, 2014
1one: Waiting for the translation undecided

why do women wear weave.
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by philantoxx(m): 11:38am On Sep 19, 2014
am just hear to watch
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by jennylove7575(f): 11:39am On Sep 19, 2014
There is nothing wrong in wearing wig, or hair extentions. Its all part of beauty process..I wear wigs and human hair extensions a lot, doesn't mean I ain't proud of my natural hair. All is part of beauty enhancement and what defines us as women...even the oyibo people wear hair extensions and wigs too...its a good thing I love it. Its sexy, gorgeous, hot and attractive.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 19, 2014
Generations of being conditioned to believe silky is better,finer,sexier. The adverts and movies bombard us with silky hair,the products all have women with silky hair.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by engrFsumtin(m): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
Anoda yeye thread,this morning.
Pls,get a novel & read.Instead of this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by ggrin(f): 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
Op! Wake up angryangryangry
We r in 21th century mehn angryangry
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by ironheart(m): 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
Spicylate: what about the guys that are goin crazy on curls. they even braid. wont you address it?
we do that because we like it. we as guys no longer see girls with natural curl and braids, so we do it on our own hair. if a guy tells u to braid your natural hair, u will say he is stingy and don't want to give you girls money for Brazilian or whatever hair. look I love my African natural hair. if I want long hair, I rather date a woman with long hair.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by Whilson(f): 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
#teamNaturalHair #teamAntiWeaveOn #teamAfricanbeauty .
kiss

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by franzis(m): 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
NiCcurs still posting piece of s**t since 1960
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by agangadiman(m): 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
jennylove7575: There is nothing wrong in wearing wig, or hair extentions. Its all part of beauty process..I wear wigs and human hair extensions a lot, doesn't mean I ain't proud of my natural hair. All is part of beauty enhancement and what defines us as women...even the oyibo people wear hair extensions and wigs too...its a good thing I love it. Its sexy, gorgeous, hot and attractive.

please explain how you can claim you enhance something that you are proud of?

when someone is proud of his muscles, does he cover it with a bra and wear leggins?

if you are proud of your mercedes benz, do you enhance it by using volkswagen Logo and tires?

if i am proud of my house, do i enhance it to look like my neighbours house?

please i dont understand ya statement
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by agangadiman(m): 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
ggrin: Op! Wake up angryangryangry
We r in 21th century mehn angryangry

what does this mean? that in the 21st century we must abandon our history? why do Indian women not find african hair cool?

yes i agree that indian women and other asian women try and enhance their beauty by looking oyinbo but this is all part of 21st century conditioning, NOT something we should accept as 'normal'.

just because its 21 century does not mean i should now start nyashing goat.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by Prettilicious(f): 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
i didnt bother readin ur post..d topic is enuf to knw wat d post is all abt....bros abeg start wit ur gf....wen she starts, we will follow.
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by valmunich(m): 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
^^^
What is she saying??
I actually support the OP to an extent, well lemme see how this goes
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by fruityjojo(f): 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
Why do you cut your hair!
Hair that God gave to you! Hair that u can't create a strand of! Boys go to the barbing saloon to cut it!
So you mean God didn't know what he was doing when he made ur hair grow! Ehn BOYSSSSS HELLFIRE AWAITS angry
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by agangadiman(m): 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
Prettilicious: i didnt bother readin ur post..d topic is enuf to knw wat d post is all abt....bros abeg start wit ur gf....wen she starts, we will follow.

you DID read it, thats why you have posted in here. buranyway....... my gf DOES have natural hair, even my ex did. to be honest, of all my serious Gehlfrens only one wore weave. so yes, charity has started at home. also, my sister is growing her hair naturally..she has done so for the last 5 years now.

my mum, wears a wig occasionally only because she lost most of her hair through child birth! (me!). but not weave on..

as for the peson asking why i cut my hair... well i am not a Nazarene so i was not under any cultural or religious or moral obligation to continue to grow my hair forever. however, i do not conform to the western standard that alot of the black diaspora adhere to. therefore i DO let my hair grow quite a bit before trimming or cutting it. once again, another question that tries to sidetrack from the main issue at hand here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by ironheart(m): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
fruityjojo: Why do you cut your hair!
Hair that God gave to you! Hair that u can't create a strand of! Boys go to the barbing saloon to cut it!
So you mean God didn't know what he was doing when he made ur hair grow! Ehn BOYSSSSS HELLFIRE AWAITS angry
what is this one saying? did you bother to read?
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by Liability(m): 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
africans are programmed to copy everything from the white and arabs.

We copy:
1religion
2 skin colour
3 marriage pattern
4 clothes

almost everything.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by jennylove7575(f): 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
agangadiman:

when someone is proud of his muscles, does he cover it with a bra and wear leggins?

if you are proud of your mercedes benz, do you enhance it by using volkswagen Logo and tires?

I sell Brazilian, Peruvian and German hair...if u buy some from me to gift ur babe, I will explain further..... N250k minimum price...
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by agitator: 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
inferiority complex cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by Vikky014(f): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
agangadiman:

op are u nt proud of ur body?y nt go natural?y do u take ur bath wt artificial soap?since u r proud jst stay wtout bathing?hv u seen a goat bathing before?did God tell u to bath?
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by Vikky014(f): 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
fruityjojo: Why do you cut your hair!
hahahahaha ayaff fainted

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by ironheart(m): 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
Vikky014: op are u nt proud of ur body?y nt go natural?y do u take ur bath wt artificial soap?since u r proud jst stay wtout bathing?hv u seen a goat bathing before?did God tell u to bath?
I think nairaland needs age limit. that's why we have mass failure in waec exams. some examples can be so funny n deserving a ZERO
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by Vikky014(f): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
ironheart: I think nairaland needs age limit. that's why we have mass failure in waec exams. some examples can be so funny n deserving a ZERO
old papa please did God tell u and Op to take ur bath?am saying dis bc whn u bath u r actually enhancing ur beauty as well does dt mean u r nt proud of urslf as d op said
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by ironheart(m): 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
Vikky014: old papa please did God tell u and Op to take ur bath?
I said it, #CONFIRMED
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by Vikky014(f): 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
ironheart: I said it, #CONFIRMED
u better modify as i did
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
jennylove7575: There is nothing wrong in wearing wig, or hair extentions. Its all part of beauty process..I wear wigs and human hair extensions a lot, doesn't mean I ain't proud of my natural hair. All is part of beauty enhancement and what defines us as women...even the oyibo people wear hair extensions and wigs too...its a good thing I love it. Its sexy, gorgeous, hot and attractive.
so u r saying that without hair extensions u r not hot, sexy or attractive?
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
some guys dey even give their girlfriends weaveon/brazilian wigs monthly allowance grin
chai! naija don yeye grin
soon na pant and bra allowance dem go dey give their girlriends grin
Re: Nigerian Women And Weave On..why Abandon What God Gave You To Look Oyinbo??? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
just wait until the owners of those hair wey u dey wear for head start to dey pursue u for night for ur dream

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Types Of ladies Who Aren’t In Relationships / Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride / No Blood in Round 1. Blood in Round 2. Was She a Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.