Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

When A Cheating Spouse Dies - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Cheating Spouse Dies (11705 Views)

A Concubine Should Not Be Made To Pay For The Sins Of A Cheating Spouse!!! / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by gabbytabby: 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
Chillisauce:

E bi like say you dey the lane of cheating. Change your ways oh, if you want to be mourned .
My thoughts exactly.

3 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
This thread is cold lipsrsealed

***shivers and runs out***

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by remsonik(f): 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
majekdom2: But I don't think likes of okonjo , diezani, folayiwo or akinyuli would be asked to drink water from their dead spouses..only a lady seen as a liability can be asked to do all these.... When she can stand upto her right from the first day she can always overcome whatever future challenges including cheating..... Am I getting something wrong ?

Well its not about being well to do or being well educated. Its the fact that cheating is bad and overcoming infidelity in marriage is not a function of how rich or well to do you are. You make it seem like cheating is a right for every man. You better change if you are the philandering man

8 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
Am only of the opinion if you can't cope with a cheating partner , move on , not to make merry at his death or downfall. There are worse habits a man can have that can ruin the home with offsprings emulating such habits too.
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by frmglorytoglory: 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hmmm this is food for thought for all those cheating spouses who like to rub their philandering ways in the faces of their partners.
Nothing kills love in a marriage faster than infidelity/unfaithfulness. I remember a friend when I was younger whose father was a confirmed and unrepentant womaniser. He flaunted his escapades to their faces as per his wife and kids. Never bothered much with them financially or emotionally but spent greatly on his mistresses.
When this man died I saw sheer relief on his wife's face. Even they kids couldn't care the less after all he was never available.
Its a serious lesson for all and sundry.

4 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
aisha2: I remember a scene I witnessed in the hospital once. A woman was screaming and cursing seriously at a man in coma in the accident and emergency ward. She was being dragged out by the nurses and security yet she was still cursing and cursing, the man was in pretty bad shape.
I heard later that he travelled with his mistress while she was in the hospital taking care of their sick child. Unfortunately both he and the mistress had a horrible accident just outside the state capital and were rushes to the same hospital where she was busy nursing her baby thinking the man was on a business trip, she got called to come that her husband had an accident only to get down and discover he was brought in with his mistress whom she had several clashes with before.
Oh the woman cursed and cursed I had never witnessed that kind of thing, the mistress had multiply broken bones while the man was worse.

I heard later that the woman asked his relatives to come and care for him because their child had cancer and that was who she will care for. Sadly the man later died but the mistress spent almost 2 years in the hospital.

After the way she cursed him out in the hospital I doubt she would pretend to mourn later even though death brings about some soberness and forgiveness. You can be angry at a dead person can you?

This your story reminds me of pathetic news stories of married men dying while having s*e*x with their mistresses/whores in hotel rooms. When their wives hear of how they died, do we expect them to mourn these men too? Hahahahaha. What a joke and a disgrace!! The corpses of their husbands would look like refuse dump in their eyes.

6 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by thandii1: 3:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
chaircover: This thread is cold lipsrsealed

***shivers and runs out***

Lol. The first thread Op talked about this friend of her, I remember you sharing the experience you had too, with an acquaintance who you paid a visit after the death of her spouse but didn't look like she was mourning and you had to leave hurriedly.

People are just giving real life instances too. They aren't advocating killing of cheating spouses na, stop shivering. grin

3 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
thandii1:

Lol. The first thread Op talked about this friend of her, I remember you sharing the experience you had too, with an acquaintance who you paid a visit after the death of her spouse but didn't look like she was mourning and you had to leave hurriedly.

People are just giving real life instances too. They aren't advocating killing of cheating spouses na, stop shivering. grin

Where is my cardigan, socks and blanket? grin
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by iykedare(m): 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
aisha s first comment really got me scared. So most of you will prefer that your cheating husbands die?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry

Nigerian ladies.......what good thing can we say about you?/?
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by iykedare(m): 8:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
[size=18pt]
bennyrazz: yes, there are countless stories of how some devil incarnates kill their spouses all cuz they want to take possession of their properties. They do it through using local charms, hired assassins e.tc its really sad and I use to tell people that if the basis of a woman's love for you is the materials you have to offer, then you are doomed if not now but in future
[/size]

no wonder they long for rich guys so that they will kill the guys and inherit their properties
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by iykedare(m): 8:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
BABE3:

If it was the UK or US or any developed country, and the husband's death was being investigated, she'll be the prime suspect. I've seen many cases like this and the wives ended up being found guilty of the murders.

So many die in Nigeria without their deaths being investigated; no autopsy, no nothing. The chances of getting killed by a spouse or someone close to you is very high in that country. There are no laws to defend spouses really, so it's easier for them to take the law into their hands.

Even if your husband is Adolf Hitler, and he dies, her behavior as described is highly inappropriate and abnormal; and could get any jury to fry her äss.

sensible comment from a sensible woman

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by iykedare(m): 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
blueberryp: Na wa for una o, r u guys trying to say any man that dies was killed by the wife just because she isn't wearing black, starving and carrying a gloomy face? This is the 21st century for crying out loud, people die, we have to move on. People grieve differently pls. Will mourning and torturing urself bring the dead person back, or will it take him to heaven?

I hereby confer you with the title `MUMU 1 OF NAIRALAND`.

2 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by iykedare(m): 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
beeevan: What is there to mourn about a cheating husband? The only reason I won't kill him myself is because I might be caught and I can't risk a jail term for some douche bag or worst still, my conscience might not contain it. There isn't much difference between a murderer and a cheating spouse. A cheating spouse is a potential killer as far as am concerned. If you are tired of a relationship, walk out than cheat or better still let your partner know about it and walk out. if you are caught, you can't control what happens afterwards .

People can say what they like about your friend, she won't be looking so ravishing if she killed the cheat, she would have made an effort at pretense if she was the killer. Death has delivered many troubled women, death is nature, it happens to us all, you can't beat up a woman for not somersaulting for a dead spouse that would have re married instanta if tables where turned.

So because she is not hitting her head on the wall for a man that left no good memory of what they shared, she killed him? undecided people sef.

aderonila18:

Thank you jare, what is there to mourn in a man who disrespected her throughout their marriage. Abeg free the woman, I'm sure she was putting up with him because of how this society judges divorced women. You can't blame her if she's relived that she won't have to put up with his cheating ways for the rest of her life. Personally I would rather divorce the cheat but as long as she didn't kill him I totally understand her choosing not to mourn him. I'm sure he made her cry many nights while he was alive so the poor woman is done crying

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by cococandy(f): 12:52am On Sep 21, 2014
Who's this thandii. The babe just dey yarn my mind
Following wink
thandii1:

I was about to throw in this line of argument. Some kids do not mourn their parents because they are bitter about them, and yet they can't be judged because i did not walk in their shoes to know how badly hurt they have been with these people alive. We see these bitter kids on nl, who have terrible things to say about their parents and then people try to counsel them to let go the bitterness and bla bla. You just can not mourn someone who was a symbol of bitterness in your life. All you will feel is a sense of relief. Does that make it morally right, well, that's subjective.

I think its easier for some men to sit out while a few just come in to twist the storyline to murdering a cheating spouse because no man will put up with a cheating wife in the first place(even one time cheating sef, she's out of the house for sometime or forever, not to talk of continuous unhidden cheating) , but quite a number of women put up with cheating husbands(including the ones who rub the cheating in their faces) because of the fear of being alone, being judged, the stigma of single motherhood, and of course their favourite line 'for the kids', not realising they are living with bitterness and planting the seed unknowingly in the kids.

A lady opened a thread sometime ago about missing a spouse who died 10 years ago even though she's remarried. Another opened a thread to talk about how hard it was moving on after years of losing her fiancee. A good number of women refuse to remarry and choose to mourn their spouses forever despite the advices from different angles to move on. Of course the mourning will not bring back their loved ones, but to them its the best way to keep them in their hearts forever, they believe they owe it to them.

Bottom line, everyone has a right to mourn however he or she pleases . Aint like the one being mourned cares from his or her coffin.

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by sheniqua: 4:19am On Sep 21, 2014
We can say all we want but the truth is that our nigerian culture in General is cruel to widows
She could never do anything to please anyone
If she cries,they'll accuse her of her pretending
She is not crying 24/7 they accuse her of not being sorrowful enough
She looks good,they conclude she killed her husband
Even those genuinely in pain from the loss are not spared
The man of God that joined us in holy matrimony died on top of his mistress leaving a wife and half a dozen kids to mourn him
The whole church abandoned the wife to bury her husband
People in their sanctimoniousness were more pained that he disgraced the church than the pain and agony his wife of over a decade was going through at the loss of the bread winner.

Then to the topic directly

I don't see any sane woman rejoicing at the death of her husband no matter how much a skirt chaser he was
There must be a part of you that will mourn his loss
Even if it is the loss of what you could have had together had he been faithful or the loss of your children's father
I would be careful and make sure to keep far away from a woman that will rejoice at the death of her husband
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by sheniqua: 4:21am On Sep 21, 2014
smokescreen4: I want to hear from married folks especially women, would you sincerely mourn a man that cheats on you. I have a friend though we are not very close I had spoken about her on another thread she lost her hubby some months ago and she seem to be having the time of her life, I have ran into her a couple of times since her hubby's death and she has never looked sooo pretty and sexy. Sources close to her said her husband's cheating has always bin an issue she had told some people she would leave the marriage, the guy died suddenly he was 42 so I heard, personally I HATE cheating but this lady seem to be soo happy she is letting it show, a lot of people are talking about it, she is now a rich sexy widow with two cute kids.Over to you ladies would your tears be that of hurt/sorrow or tears of relief.

If he was that bad why didn't she leave?

They should investigate thoroughly,she and her boyfriend may have killed the man to get at his money.
What woman will be ecstatic at the sudden death of her "cute " children's father?
I can't wrap my mind around that
What a cold,self centered soul?
Even women abandoned completely by their husbands for years,still mourn him with their children at his death
That is the more common picture we see which tells me this your friend is cold blooded
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by smokescreen4: 9:01am On Sep 21, 2014
UPDATE:I really dug up the cause of death he died from thromboembolism it occurs when they is a sudden cut of blood supply to certain parts of the brain, dat his was caused by cerebral ischemia. A young doctor related to them was more than happy to give the information to my source, he said it was same thing goldie died of.

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by misssPepper(f): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
I know y'all will judge but there was a time I would just ask God why my abusive ex wouldn't just die in his sleep or I die in my sleep, I was suicidal. Leaving d marriage seemed so hard. I wouldn't miss him if he died. I was in hell. Anyways, I finally helped myself n I left. It's Nigeria, to save face most women would rather stay. I know I'm being judged for being divorced but it isn't that bad. I dodge a few people here n there but ultimately i'm having a blast n my friends say I look better. I feel better. Don't wait 4 any1 to die b4 u take charge of ur life, it may not happen and ur life will just be wasted. I'm alive, he's alive, but he's no longer my problem

11 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by beeevan: 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
kreamidiva:

Yeah... you're right. But how can one move on without letting go or forgiving the hurt they feel?

I can forgive but would never forget. That way, it makes it easier for me to completely move on.

Forgiving might mean the person going unpunished and I can't take such chances . I don't believe in waiting for karma, i can forgive after I have aided karma to pay the person a visit, only then can i both forgive and forget. The only way I can really move on from the deceit.

3 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by beeevan: 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
iykedare:

At 40 + of age, you never get sense, why?

4 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by beeevan: 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sophyrocks:

This your story reminds me of pathetic news stories of married men dying while having s*e*x with their mistresses/whores in hotel rooms. When their wives hear of how they died, do we expect them to mourn these men too? Hahahahaha. What a joke and a disgrace!! The corpses of their husbands would look like refuse dump in their eyes.

Such corpses should be flung into a shallow grave naked.

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
beeevan:

Forgiving might mean the person going unpunished and I can't take such chances . I don't believe in waiting for karma, i can forgive after I have aided karma to pay the person a visit, only then can i both forgive and forget. The only way I can really move on from the deceit.
are you so holy and righteous. do you mean you dont offend anyone ? if everyone was to think like you then no one would be living now. come on .... no offender goes unpunished. have you not heard of cheating men who develop terminal illnesses even before they are 50 .... cases of prostate cancer and the rest. they live everyday with pains wishing they are dead. let fate take it cause.
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by beeevan: 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
aderonila18:

God bless you for saying the truth. The problem with this world is people always want to sow evil thinking they can reap good. You can't disrespect your wife and treat her like garbage and expect her to mourn you. Be a good husband and she'll mourn you for ever.

Gbam, be a good husband and she will mourn you forever!!#key sentence # kiss.

2 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by beeevan: 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
majekdom2: are you so holy and righteous. do you mean you dont offend anyone ? if everyone was to think like you then no one would be living now. come on .... no offender goes unpunished. have you not heard of cheating men who develop terminal illnesses even before they are 50 .... cases of prostate cancer and the resint. they live everyday with pains wishing they are dead. let fate takes it cause.

If I am righteous I did be so forgiving, i am flawed just like the rest of my specie cool.

2 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
beeevan:

If I am righteous I did be so forgiving, i am flawed just like the rest of my specie cool.

and so , have it in mind someone is planning ur downfall also.since u wish to aid karma.
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by beeevan: 12:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
Pavore9: @majekdom2, l personally feel a cheating man is taking his family for granted, he lives with the thought "what can they do to me as the head of the family?" l can't profess that l love my family & at the same time putting them at risk, such duality!

Thank you!
Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by beeevan: 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
majekdom2: and so , have it in mind someone is planning ur downfall also.since u wish to aid karma.

Yes( if I go hurting people) , just as yours will catch up with you, stop cheating on your wife so your heart won't be beating fast wherever dead cheats are mentioned. Zip up your trousers, its not hard, humans shouldn't hump around like animals. It's obvious I struck a raw nerve with my post, repent so no one will wish you are dead, its that simple.

7 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by beeevan: 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
majekdom2: The truth remains , No matter ill a spouse could be , there is that thing you ll miss about him/her and wish then they never left. The lady might just have that outward look , she does will have some grieve. cheating is totally different from not caring , giving attention or showing love.

Stop consoling yourself with this, just repent right away undecided.

7 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by beeevan: 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
Chillisauce:

E bi like say you dey the lane of cheating. Change your ways oh, if you want to be mourned .

Isn't it obvious? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by beeevan: 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
Nashville:

Anyone that knowingly takes another's life, does not deserve to be alive. If a person kills their spouse, that person should face the maximum penalty. No one has a right or reason to take another's life. It's never justifiable. Cheating or not!

Agreed, nature took the cheating spouse in this case, not wify.

1 Like

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Pavore9: 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
I still insists on living right and your loved ones will remember you with fond memory.

7 Likes

Re: When A Cheating Spouse Dies by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
beeevan:

Such corpses should be flung into a shallow grave naked.

Buhahahahaha. that was harsh!

I would rather not touch the corpse for fear of Ebola. grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unhappy In Marriage, Pls Advice! / What Makes A Man/woman Responsible / ☎️☎️VARIOUS LUXURY VELVET SUEDE HOME FURNITURE, INTERIOR DECOR, ACCESSORIES☎️☎️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.