Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies (10754 Views)

FG Announces Dates For Ocholi's Funeral / Breaking,FG Announces Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says Fuel Price Will Reduce / Fg To Sell 51% Stake In Electricity Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by Joythah(m): 9:03am On Sep 20, 2014
Pls keep that money away from BEDC. Infact i expect that their licence would have been revoked by now.
They have refused to invest in new infrastructure hence power supply has gone down by half from where they met it.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by ayukdaboss(m): 9:04am On Sep 20, 2014
remember007: so hows this news connected with the P.D.P? if d govt doesn't work u cry ndvif they do,u scream... bloody janjaweeed hater
So announcing Mega contracts means the government is working when we both know that the funds will surely be misappropriated? Talk about not knowing your rights as a Nigerian...

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by dabossman(m): 9:06am On Sep 20, 2014
EmoBoy: Nigerians will always criticise what they don't understand. There is something called credit enhancement in infrastructure finance. Most foreign investors won't invest in naija because of the risks involved. For example the market risk - The electricity tariffs were too low but the government increased them. Also, Nigerians don't like to pay for anything, so the government promised them they'll repay any shortfall in revenues as a result of the market risk. Its even better here because the money will be repaid to the govt by the companies after they start making a profit in the long run. So let's not criticize what we don't understand.

What are you on about bro? You think Nigerians have a problem with the principles? We are talking implementation here. How many times have we listened to all these fine and logical economic principles and theories? How well have we done in implementing them?

That's the question.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 20, 2014
when will our leaders stop this kind of lies and deception.Every day money is approved and noting is shown for it.I wish God can just end this country called Nigeria.I was discussing with a Ghanian,Nigel man they told me that they have a steady light more than Nigeria i began to shared tears,Who ever in this country that is standing on our progress causing unemployment due to politics shall live to regret his life and that of their family in jesus name amen.I stayed in kwale Delta state where Agip build an independent power plant(IPP) to give 18 states light but we are complaining of no electricity but the plant is running every day but we don't have electricity.Believe me all the money they are approving is a scam they are all thief and they will die one by one.Obasanjo said Gej is training snipers we shouted him down ok let me ask you if the $9.3 million for arms is truly for national use and not for his snipers how come the SA govt is not aware.Guys Gej is a thief if you like vote for him.let me ask you what about the money removed from subsidy? have they created employment.we are saying unemployment are people not retiring.guys Nigeria is a country the more you look the less you see.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by TopWinner(m): 9:13am On Sep 20, 2014
Ok.. Make we dey watch,we dey always hear am..
Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by TopWinner(m): 9:16am On Sep 20, 2014
Drfresh0909: when will our leaders stop this kind of lies and deception.Every day money is approved and noting is shown for it.I wish God can just end this country called Nigeria.I was discussing with a Ghanian,Nigel man they told me that they have a steady light more than Nigeria i began to shared tears,Who ever in this country that is standing on our progress causing unemployment due to politics shall live to regret his life and that of their family in jesus name amen.I stayed in kwale Delta state where Agip build an independent power plant(IPP) to give 18 states light but we are complaining of no electricity but the plant is running every day but we don't have electricity.Believe me all the money they are approving is a scam they are all thief and they will die one by one.Obasanjo said Gej is training snipers we shouted him down ok let me ask you if the $9.3 million for arms is truly for national use and not for his snipers how come the SA govt is not aware.Guys Gej is a thief if you like vote for him.let me ask you what about the money removed from subsidy? have they created employment.we are saying unemployment are people not retiring.guys Nigeria is a country the more you look the less you see.
Essay..
Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by dabossman(m): 9:27am On Sep 20, 2014
Marc9: Can't they use dis N213billion to buy 100million 'generators' and give each family in this country? We don't want nepa light again, simple!!!!!!!! sad

Hahaha. Guy you are funny o. But on a serious note, I've spent the last 3 weeks running solely on generators, and that made me reconsider the usefulness of Nepa\Phcn\Ikedc in my life. I might has well be permanently of the national grid.

Maybe Nigerians should boycott their services for 1-2 weeks in protest.

#idontneednepa\phcn

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 20, 2014
I thought he already approved 179bn naira last month?

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by chemali: 9:29am On Sep 20, 2014
gists:

Have we not done enough harm to ourselves with this endless and senseless excuses we make for this corrupt government? Were there no assessments done on the financial health/capacities on these companies? Have you asked yourself what intervention was given to the telecoms companies that had ZERO infrastructure on the ground when they came to this country? These guys inherited assets worth billions (you can argue the assets are not in good shape), they invested next to nothing towards improving the situation but started reaping profit from day 1 by imposing tariff increment on us. Yet we got no increase in quality of service. Now they silly gov come up again with cock and bull story of intervention, to make matters worse we are supposed to bear the cost through another round of increase tariffs. What is the guarantee there will be any sort of improvement after the tariff increment.

BTW where are those propagandist that claim they have constant power?

I have said it before and I will repeat it again - gej is not the problem of Nigeria. he is just a silly clueless (now shoefull) corrupt a55hole. The real problem we have is ourselves. Because we deliberately vote for mediocrity even after seeing no evidence of good track records for people we vote for. And when they begin to display their corrupt nature with senseless actions that impoverishes us more, we make excuses for them so they emboldened and take even more actions against us.

Unadulterated truth. Thanks.
Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by peziz(f): 9:41am On Sep 20, 2014
Drfresh0909: when will our leaders stop this kind of lies and deception.Every day money is approved and noting is shown for it.I wish God can just end this country called Nigeria.I was discussing with a Ghanian,Nigel man they told me that they have a steady light more than Nigeria i began to shared tears,Who ever in this country that is standing on our progress causing unemployment due to politics shall live to regret his life and that of their family in jesus name amen.I stayed in kwale Delta state where Agip build an independent power plant(IPP) to give 18 states light but we are complaining of no electricity but the plant is running every day but we don't have electricity.Believe me all the money they are approving is a scam they are all thief and they will die one by one.Obasanjo said Gej is training snipers we shouted him down ok let me ask you if the $9.3 million for arms is truly for national use and not for his snipers how come the SA govt is not aware.Guys Gej is a thief if you like vote for him.let me ask you what about the money removed from subsidy? have they created employment.we are saying unemployment are people not retiring.guys Nigeria is a country the more you look the less you see.

I'm glad you attested to the fact that agip plant runs everyday yet no electricity. Gencos busy doing their work while the DISCOs are misbehaving. Bad infrastructures inherited from PHCN is the usual excuse they give. When they were bidding for the DISCOs, greed didn't let them carry out proper checks before acquiring the already dead distribution companies. Now government to the rescue. So who will help the generating companies who are generating below actual capacity? maybe FG again Mstcheew.. Abi them too no inherit some bad infrastructures? Excuses everywhere for performing below standard, nobody wants to take responsibility. Both FG, GENCOS AND DISCOS, NGC, NCC, NERC ETC... Are in this mess together. Corruption has kept us where we are today. If all the monies realized while doing gas and electricity business from neighboring countries has been utilized effectively in our power sector, we won't have all this stories today. With all they claim to have invested, yet nothing to show for it. Bad gas turbines, terrible transmission cables, shortage of gas supply etc... And the list goes on.
Even when government releases this money nko, fellow Nigerians, Yes! Someone like you and me who complain that government is not doing enough, finds a way to siphon this money saying make me sef chop from the National cake. God will expose all of them.

I hope things will get better someday.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by wickyyolo: 9:51am On Sep 20, 2014
another way to loot some money. someone said the money that usually goes to the masses is just 2% the remaining 98% usually goes to several individuals pockets
Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by kel4soft: 9:57am On Sep 20, 2014
remember007: so hows this news connected with the P.D.P? if d govt doesn't work u cry ndvif they do,u scream... bloody janjaweeed hater

Because it is a PDP led FG that has just approved money to companies they claimed they have the capacity to handle our power situation. Looks like the assets were sold to themselves.
Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by squarelead(m): 10:26am On Sep 20, 2014
May God help Nigeria as a whole.
Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by ajadematanle: 10:31am On Sep 20, 2014
We are docile in this country.Last month FG paid N39b to set off the debt owed by privatised DISCOS and GENCOS today again FG is making available N213b grant that would not be paid.What is FG business if these companies are not capable of running power sector as claimed while privatising them.It's a purely scam.They sold the companies to their cronies.Now they want to increase tariff without corresponding improvement in power distribution and generation.They failed to supply pre-paid meters yet FG allowed them to rip public off of N750 every month without power.
We are being enslaved in our country.Yet some idiots still clamouring for this PDP to continue in power come 2015

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by litetias(m): 10:35am On Sep 20, 2014
Another subsidy again.
Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by olajide8(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2014
Konnektions146: when will Nigeria wake up?

Approving monies everyday without any remarkable improvement, we as a nation have got a lot of abundant resources to generate electricity but seemingly we are cursed in the way of petroleum, everything now is Gas powered ,
no one is looking at long term per se,

what about renewable energy which we all know is till eternity.

i have see a gas well loose over 50% of its production capacity in less than 2 years, what if somethin like this happens to wells supplying gas to our gas-fired power stations?, we would be plunged into darkness ehn?

it is well
This country- what a shame, what a fraud of the populise by this government, imagine O! How can you privatise or sell something that is monopolistic in nature and try and deceive people saying the prices would come down, then for the same monopolistic thing you start to give those that are actors, money (loans) to operate it- this is just one*
The housing scheme of government in partnership with a selected operator- is the second fraud, they have recorded 66,000+ people imagine now people paying at least N1,000,000 to start with- then look at the numbers - N66,000,000,000+ that would build all the houses enmasse while they collect between N11m - N 45m from subscribers when would we realise we are in trouble with this govt., and some people would go all commending* the FG for defrauding them -
Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by Guk: 11:32am On Sep 20, 2014
EmoBoy: Nigerians will always criticise what they don't understand. There is something called credit enhancement in infrastructure finance. Most foreign investors won't invest in naija because of the risks involved. For example the market risk - The electricity tariffs were too low but the government increased them. Also, Nigerians don't like to pay for anything, so the government promised them they'll repay any shortfall in revenues as a result of the market risk. Its even better here because the money will be repaid to the govt by the companies after they start making a profit in the long run. So let's not criticize what we don't understand.

I fully agree with you that we dont & neither do you except you are a beneficiary. Pls recall that we had Aviation Bail out by this same govt of which Jimoh Ibrahim collected over =N=30billion for Air Nigeria, went back to the office and immediately closed the company down on the most ridiculous excuse of disloyalty of staff. Has he been held accountable?? NO!

Was there not a Textile bail out fund??

Was there not a Banking Bailout fund? How did it benefit you the bank customer? Increase in Savings interest? or Access to low interest loans.

Trillions spent on Railway and it still takes 30 hours from lagos to Kano

This govt deserves not to be trusted as all they have done have been scams. Period!!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by victorv12(m): 11:34am On Sep 20, 2014
It's over five days now, there is no light in Abuja, and to worsen the situation, there is fuel scarcity. And now, some theives are telling us the federal government has released 213 billion Naira intervention fund for the electricity companies...It's so unfortunate that Nigeria is blessed with useless leaders.

President Jonathan's destiny is to destroy Nigeria completely.
Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by PastorOla1: 11:57am On Sep 20, 2014
I chop, U chop Nigeria limited. Countdown 2015. You don 4get aviation intervention fund. It is all about funding peoples pocket and 2015 election. "THERE IS GOD O"

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by eledacedar(f): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
gbaskiboy: Circuit wE 32 of Jehovah's Witnesses
invites you to the Regional Convention.
Theme "Keep Seeking First God's
Kingdom" On September 19-21 at
Daluwon i.e Mowe- Ofada express road,
Ogun state Nigeria. Program begins
8:20am Daily...

Alagba
Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by eledacedar(f): 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
Guk:

I fully agree with you that we dont & neither do you except you are a beneficiary. Pls recall that we had Aviation Bail out by this same govt of which Jimoh Ibrahim collected over =N=30billion for Air Nigeria, went back to the office and immediately closed the company down on the most ridiculous excuse of disloyalty of staff. Has he been held accountable?? NO!

Was there not a Banking Bailout fund? How did it benefit you the bank customer? Increase in Savings interest? or Access to low interest loans.

And AMCON still came out to declare a loss at the end of the day.

This govt deserves not to be trusted as all they have done have been scams. Period!!!!

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by eledacedar(f): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
olajide8:
This country- what a shame, what a fraud of the populise by this government, imagine O! How can you privatise or sell something that is monopolistic in nature and try and deceive people saying the prices would come down, then for the same monopolistic thing you start to give those that are actors, money (loans) to operate it- this is just one*
The housing scheme of government in partnership with a selected operator- is the second fraud, they have recorded 66,000+ people imagine now people paying at least N1,000,000 to start with- then look at the numbers - N66,000,000,000+ that would build all the houses enmasse while they collect between N11m - N 45m from subscribers when would we realise we are in trouble with this govt., and some people would go all commending* the FG for defrauding them -

I have been thinking of going to my lecturers to ask them if they taught the correct things when I was in school because of this power bail out. How can I sell a business to someone and then give him money to run the business? It defies all logic from my point of view.
I hope someone will enlighten me because it's crazy to think about it.

I also wonder why it was minister of petroleum that made the announcement. That woman can sell meat to a cow.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by eledacedar(f): 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
TAN, your money has landed.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by texazzpete(m): 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2014

And slimy toadies like you will always support the wrong thing without questioning it. We had a tariff increase not too long ago supposedly to properly reflect current market realities. Now you're here insisting that another tariff increment without any substantial improvement is a good thing.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by yemivictor: 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
texazzpete:

And slimy toadies like you will always support the wrong thing without questioning it. We had a tariff increase not too long ago supposedly to properly reflect current market realities. Now you're here insisting that another tariff increment without any substantial improvement is a good thing.

ROFL @ slimy toadies...

Truth is i consider myself decently educated but what the pretty minister has just reported simply does not make sense to me!

How is the guy on the street supposed to understand that since 1999 and several billions in forex spent there is still no significant improvement in power supply?!

It is inexplicable!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by BlueMurder(m): 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
This morally bankrupt government sure knows how to practise the economics of robbing Peter to pay Paul. Electricity supply has worsened in recent times, yet we're being asked to pay more to cover for loans obtained recklessly by the PRIVATISED companies. If this makes sense to you, you are a genius!

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by olajide8(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
eledacedar:

I have been thinking of going to my lecturers to ask them if they taught the correct things when I was in school because of this power bail out. How can I sell a business to someone and then give him money to run the business? It defies all logic from my point of view.

I also wonder why it was minister of petroleum that made the announcement. That woman can sell meat to a cow.
The government takes advantage of the ignorance of so many, we have people that will dine with the devil and support failure, "well even the devil has a lot of followers all over nigeria, and they are all in power" they are all over nairaland, they are paid to post; supporting a government that pretends to gives them what is actually the responsibility of the government to provide- we can't talk, we can't act, the lecturers are all part of the rot, you see the minister of petroleum is actually the one ruling nigeria* from behind-

2 Likes

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by olajide8(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
eledacedar:

The government takes advantage of the ignorance of so many, we have people that will dine with the devil and support failure, "well even the devil has a lot of followers all over nigeria, and they are all in power" they are all over nairaland, they are paid to post; supporting a government that pretends to gives them what is actually the responsibility of the government to provide- we can't talk, we can't act, the lecturers are all part of the rot, you see the minister of petroleum is actually the one ruling nigeria* from behind-

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by Thomsbuky(m): 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=kel4soft]The Federal Government said on Friday that it had
approved N213bn facility to rescue private
electricity companies.

Couple of months ago Government sell off PHCN, we are told private sector will relieved government and tax payer all failure and financial burden of government running these sector. That private company will use their expertise and investment capital to run these sector successful...why is federal government now funding these with tax payer money?, should it not have been left with PHCN? .Why are these private company not providing effective very efficient services and making profit as promised?. Its obvious company was sold cheaply to their party members with no knowledge of running these sector. To conclude our government lack knowledge, no moral, very wasteful, deceitful and absolutely corrupts.....

1 Like

Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by EmoBoy(m): 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
gists:

Have we not done enough harm to ourselves with this endless and senseless excuses we make for this corrupt government? Were there no assessments done on the financial health/capacities on these companies? Have you asked yourself what intervention was given to the telecoms companies that had ZERO infrastructure on the ground when they came to this country? These guys inherited assets worth billions (you can argue the assets are not in good shape), they invested next to nothing towards improving the situation but started reaping profit from day 1 by imposing tariff increment on us. Yet we got no increase in quality of service. Now they silly gov come up again with cock and bull story of intervention, to make matters worse we are supposed to bear the cost through another round of increase tariffs. What is the guarantee there will be any sort of improvement after the tariff increment.

BTW where are those propagandist that claim they have constant power?

I have said it before and I will repeat it again - gej is not the problem of Nigeria. he is just a silly clueless (now shoefull) corrupt a55hole. The real problem we have is ourselves. Because we deliberately vote for mediocrity even after seeing no evidence of good track records for people we vote for. And when they begin to display their corrupt nature with senseless actions that impoverishes us more, we make excuses for them so they emboldened and take even more actions against us.

I doubt if you read the article very well and tried to understand what was said.

Like I said, Nigerians always like to criticise what they don't understand.
Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by EmoBoy(m): 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
Shuayb0: In as much as i agree with your point to a certain extent, i don't quite agree with the fact that you said foreign investors won't invest in Nigeria cos of the risk involved. If I may recall, the former minister of power boasted that over 100 firms bid for these infrastructures, so are you telling me they didn't carry out their feasibility studies before bidding or buying, also most of the electricity revenue are generated from the cooperate sector not specifically the masses( they are even over billed most times), furthermore there was an implementation of prepaid meter in which Nigerians are willing to accept. Overall in the long run, it's bad business for government and the people would be at the receiving end by paying huge tariffs.

1. Yes. There were numerous firms bidding for the assets but remember the assets always go to the highest bidder

2. Yes. Feasibility studies and other due diligence procedures were done by the investors before the acquisition.

3. The nigerian electricity market is not attractive at the moment even with the increase in tariffs. These guys have to pay millions of dollars in bank loans. They can't do that with if they are not getting any returns on their investment. Most of the loans came from Nigerian banks (your money is involved) and if they can't repay then we are all in deep shit. I don't know if you get my point.

4. The world bank also gave credit guarantees for investors seeking to invest in our power sector.

5. The funds will be repaid by the electricity companies when they begin to make positive returns. There is no free money being given out here.
Re: FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies by EmoBoy(m): 9:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
Guk:

Have you asked how these funds are being used?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Dapo Abiodun Commissions Oke-Lantoro-Elite-Idi-Aba Road / I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh / Geoffrey Onyeama Hold Talks With Zuma Over Xenophobic Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.