Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN (29049 Views)

Troops Kill 30 Boko Haram Members, Rescue Captives In Sambisa [PHOTOS] / FG Planning Zero-based Budget For 2016 – Osinbajo / 30 Boko Haram Sponsors Arrested - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
I don't see anything wrong in exchanging Boko Haram prisoners for our girls... However, there is the likelihood that Boko Haram might go on to capture more girls in the future...

This is where responsible governance is required; that is all schools in the north east are placed under special protective measure by the armed forces, so that we don't see a repeat of the Chibok disaster.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Padipadi(m): 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
I knew this kinda news ll soon come out.
Now its out.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Opiosko: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
mbhs139:
...and how do they intend to achieve this, by killing all of us? So, who will they be ruling then?

This is where you will know that this BH thing is a ruse afterall, their real intention is to simply brake Nigeria into pieces
Hey u shouldn't cut that excerpt out like i wrote it. Please modify it.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by WOCKHARDI(m): 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
I don't know what to believe anymore. Government should go ahead and do whatever it feels is reasonable. Must EVERYBODY know what it plans to do?
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by bigdoo: 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
Let's not forget that Boko Haram can abduct even more girls at any time they intend to do so. They can even re-abduct the Chibok girls after they might have released them.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Idrismusty97(m): 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
atlwireles:

The six prisoners included Kabiru Sokoto, a senior Boko Haram commander convicted in December 2013 of terror charges related to the deadly Christmas Day bombing of a church in the town of Madallah in 2011.

It will be a cold day in hell before your boko haram brothers get released.
Your post makes no sense. Elaborate please.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
I don't believe Jonathan at all shocked
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
Padipadi: I knew this kinda news ll soon come out.
Now its out.

Elections 2015 comes to mind easily.... shocked
Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
Na im scatter, na im repair. grin
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by 1stola: 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
Johnpaul2k2: Nothing like Chibok

cnn should shuut UUP!!!
opkonu
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
Should the deal go through, the FG should provide a temporary centre for the girls with trained doctors, psychiatrists and all sorts before they are reintegrated back into society.... It could be a long process for most of these girls bearing in mind what they have been through. They need to be assessed, treated and given the necessary support.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
kolomax: NIGER-AREA

Wait let me contact 080JONATHAN grin
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Idrismusty97(m): 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
oboman: Should the deal go through, the FG should provide a temporary centre for the girls with trained doctors, psychiatrists and all sorts before they are reintegrated back into society.... It could be a long process for most of these girls bearing in mind what they have been through. They need to be assessed, treated and given the necessary support.
If you read the article not all the girls would be released. Just 30 for the 30 commanders. Maybe the FG should just abandoned the deal, That's too risky.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Hardeyoye: 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
And does thing translates to end of war? No more trying to impose Sharia? No more hoisting of flags?
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by iyke56(m): 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nigeria should not negotiate with terrorists!!!
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by omenka(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
anonimi:

You must be suffering from a very SHORT memory circuit indeed shocked
Did the Jonathan federal administration not initiate negotiations years ago and Boko Haram even named General Buhari as one of those they TRUSTED to REPRESENT them in the negotiations

I think you should STOP trying to play half-smart only to embarrass yourself and show that you are CLUELESS about the things you write to cast BASELESS aspersions on the Jonathan/Sambo federal administration angry
You are the one embarrassing yourself here. If they decide to name anyone as a trusted negotiator, how does that affect the person?? Did anyone call Wole Soyinka a militant when he was named to represent them in talks with the govt?? So far Buhari has weathered the storm of propaganda to taint his image but you people's god, even without being attacked, has no credibility whatsoever!! He swims in filth, wining and dining with convicted crooks, fugitives, terrorists, ritualists, and gunrunners!!

And for the record, every single bigshot and small shot who has been fingerred in terrorist activities are known allies of your god.

Deal with that.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
My hatred for country is soaring higher n higher.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by naptu2: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
jjwaterfalls: I dnt understand, wat is d relationship between ICRC and boko haram.

The International Committee of the Red Cross monitors the treatment of prisoners and hostages during conflicts around the world. They are also often involved in prisoner exchanges. These roles are recognised by the Geneva Convention.

It's a difficult decision to take (especially if you consider the people that have been killed by the detainees), but I think it's the right one, especially if the people that will drop of the girls, the boko haram negotiators and the released prisoners can be properly monitored and their movements tracked. We might also get valuable intelligence from the girls.

However, I think that whoever leaked the information is very irresponsible and might have scuttled the deal.

4 Likes

Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
Idrismusty97: If you read the article not all the girls would be released. Just 30 for the 30 commanders. Maybe the FG should just abandoned the deal, That's too risky.

Isn't the lives of 30 Nigerian girls not worth more than 30 terrorists? The tide is turning and Nigerian soldiers are gaining the upper hand. If Nigerian soldiers keep this momentum, the 30 released prisoners will be gone soon.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by kackar22: 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
Inject the prisoner with leukaemia, then swap them.this is typical Russian style
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Idrismusty97(m): 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
oboman:

Isn't the lives of 30 Nigerian girls not worth more than 30 terrorists? The tide is turning and Nigerian soldiers are gaining the upper hand. If Nigerian soldiers keep this momentum, the 30 released prisoners will be gone soon.
If they would agree to exchange all the girls for the 30 commanders that would be great. But just 30 girls? Hell no! Their lives are important but releasing someone like Kabiru Sokoto who masterminded the Christmas day bombing is even more dangerous while over 200 girls would still remained in captivity. It's better we don't exchange any, unless the terrorists agrees for all the girls.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by anonimi: 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
omenka: You are the one embarrassing yourself here. If they decide to name anyone as a trusted negotiator, how does that affect the person?? Did anyone call Wole Soyinka a militant when he was named to represent them in talks with the govt?? So far Buhari has weathered the storm of propaganda to taint his image but you people's god, even without being attacked, has no credibility whatsoever!! He swims in filth, wining and dining with convicted crooks, fugitives, terrorists, ritualists, and gunrunners!!

And for the record, every single bigshot and small shot who has been fingerred in terrorist activities are known allies of your god.

Deal with that.

Why are you so focused on Buhari being named as a TRUSTED negotiator on behalf of Boko Haram?
The OLD news report that I quoted in my post was to show your BASELESS & FRAUDULENT assertion that the federal administration is NOW considering negotiation. Why did you tell such a LIE

For what objective? Is that not a CLUELESS thing for you to do

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by phantom(m): 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
release them but put a tracker in one of them that can be monitored remotely.in other words the released terrorists can lead security agencies straight to their camps.

but of course,i ll be damned if we are that technologically advanced.
Nigeria.........a country with too much money but very dumb leaders and citizens.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by adewasco2k(m): 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
So government have 30 boko haram commanders and they are not able to milk them to tell them their sponsors?

child's play undecided
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by emmymdk: 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
Linus!!! Why haven't I seen this since I have been following and listening to CNN since this week. False news
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by cktheluckyman: 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
omenka: I hope those retarded TANoids would be humble enough to come in here and admit their foolishness over calling those who prescribe negotiations to free the girls derogatory names. Their Lord and commander is about to do the deed.

Oh, wait, this is just western propaganda in connivance with the opposition to smear the president's legacy!!

Dream on boy!! It will never happen quote me!!
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
Trade them, inject them with a virus that doesnt show up for 6months (or with ricin), and let man-made karma take effect.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
This's what we've advised them to do since May.
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by fr3do(m): 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
So we have up to 30 BH commanders?
I thought they said we kill them extra judicially!

This news is fake, super fake.

1 Like

Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by rman: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
What a coincidence! shocked

I was with a coded guy that told me the Chibok girls will be released soon and BH will be crushed completely before 2015.

The Konduga operation by the Nigerian army was very successful and he also claimed those that escaped are now willing to negotiate.

On seeing this now, I believe him!

1 Like

Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by teewtilaf: 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
chai.....datz a very wrong mve.... We should instead behave like the white..for the good of the nations minimal sacrifice shuld be involved..dat means bomb dat sambisa forest into rumbles and dust..wer does girls are..sad
Re: FG Planning To Swap 30 Boko Haram Commanders, Others For Chiboks Girls CNN by free2ryhme: 6:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
I saw this coming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3 / #internationaldayofhappiness: These Are The 10 Happiest Countries In The World / FG Slams N50bn Fine On Anambra For Defacing Land In Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.