Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe (7897 Views)

Igeria's Minister Of Petroleum Mrs Diezani Alinson Maduekwe Returned $16 Billion / “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech / Sophisticated Guns Captured From Boko Haram By Nigerian Soldiers [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 21, 2014
Yorubas are the most accomodating and most sophisticated

Ijaws are the most understanding, least covetous and least tribalistic

Hausa's are the most appreciative and most savvy politically(not education)

Igbo are the most enterprising tribe and most committed to their respective community cause than any other tribe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by heavenmade(m): 10:56am On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: Yorubas are the most accomodating and most sophisticated

pls you aint done with Your analysis. How about the igbos?
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2014
I agree with Ojo Madueke in terms of civility the Yorubas are the best

Although it breaks my heart when I see Yorubas or Igbos who believe hatred actually exists between both tribes. My view is that nothing is further from the truth!

For all the noise of rivalry and Nigeria history of ethnic disturbances Yorubas do not physically attack Igbo and Igbos don't attacking Yorubas. That's the fact!
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 21, 2014
heavenmade: pls you aint done with Your analysis. How about the igbos?
Sorry I was set to modify it but my attention was shifted to WIC thread. Thanks 4 reminder
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by UnknownT: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2014
obyrich: What's your race?
100metres

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
OkijaAmaka: Your velly stvpid, when Awlowo was forced to commit suicide by the North didnt Yorubas turn around and blame the igbos for dealing in poisnous substance.

When IBB nulify election in 93 didnt Yorubas turn and started blaming Igbos for Arthur Nzeribe?

When Sanusi Lamido said Yorubas are the problems of Nigeria, didnt Yorubas in NL started accusing Igbos for creating a thread that will divide Nigeria.

Abiola and Kudirat were Killed by North yet Yorubas are blamming Igbos for all their stvpidty
Yorubas, Fulanis(Hausas) and Igbos are the problem with Nigeria. Sadly the Izons want to join the foray. But the problem is can they (Ijaws) withstand the heat.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Kasynpaulsyn1: 1:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
How can anyone deny this FACT.

Yorubas are miles ahead of other ethnic groups in Nigeria.

Without a doubt, we are the most sophisticated in AFRICA.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Kasynpaulsyn1: 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: Yorubas are the most accomodating and most sophisticated

Igbo are the most enterprising tribe and most committed to their respective community cause than any other tribe

I disagree Barcanista

Iboes are generally selfish and are very individualistic. I dont see any community spirit in ibos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by suregurl(f): 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
obyrich: What's your race?
omo ODUA!
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by drnoel: 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1:

I disagree Barcanista

Iboes are generally selfish and are very individualistic. I dont see any community spirit in ibos
Very good observations from a non igbo man
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by drnoel: 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1: How can anyone deny this FACT.

U wish
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by drnoel: 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
OkijaAmaka: Your velly stvpid, when Awlowo was forced to commit suicide by the North didnt Yorubas turn around and blame the igbos for dealing in poisnous substance.

When IBB nulify election in 93 didnt Yorubas turn and started blaming Igbos for Arthur Nzeribe?

When Sanusi Lamido said Yorubas are the problems of Nigeria, didnt Yorubas in NL started accusing Igbos for creating a thread that will divide Nigeria.

Abiola and Kudirat were Killed by North yet Yorubas are blamming Igbos for all their stvpidty
Very true talk. The accusation goes both ways but what I ask is this. If yorubas accuse igbos and igbo als accuse yorubas. Who accuses hausas?
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
If Ojo Maduekwe really used 'sophistry' to denote 'sophistication' he needs to return to school. Sophistry means raising an unsound or fallacious argument and has nothing whatsoever to do with the term 'sophistication'.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by masu: 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1: How can anyone deny th. FACT.

I doubt your comment points unless with a superior argument and valid points.

am a Benue man born and raise in south west school in south east work in south south and north central, I can tell you convincingly where each group hold an edge above others in naija:

ibos are more enterprise and dedicated to their jobs or blvs
yorubas are more educated and strategic
fulani/hausas are more political and religouse

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by masu: 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1:

I disagree Barcanista

the most place I saw progressive community spirit is in iboland. do you know that without government assistance most of the minorities towns and some majority groups towns will yet be under developed.

but my sojourn in the east make me to realize that individuals can work together and develops their towns without government help. I bet you that 70% to 85% development you see in the southeast are done by their community effort.

but when you talk about community politics the Hausa fula are good at that above all else.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Waspy(m): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
One wrap of Amala dudu to Madueke for his humble submission.....Unfortunately, Yorubas need not to be told. They already knew. Yoruba playing the big brother role to his hinterland bro since 1960 cool cool
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Gbawe2: 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
20pounds: I like their sophistry too. Awo used it, Tinubu is using it effectively today I love their brown roofs most. It shows a people so sophisticated.

This coming from Ojo Maduekwe; undecided a man known for praising whoever's palmwine he is drinking, at the moment, to high heavens. I dey laff o! cheesy cheesy

This is what will kill people like you. I.e pure and unadulterated hate. Can you never speak the truth and shame the devil for once in your wretched life? We clown around on this forum but the reality for any educated and scholarly person is that Yoruba culture is one of the most striking and impressive in the world. Humble yourself and learn what is good from those who are good.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by redsun(m): 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
The fact is that the Yoruba's tend to follow tribal leaders enmass,blindly and unquestionably,even though the leaders like most nigerian leaders of time are of questionable character,I.e,tinubu. Igbo's don't really believe in the system on the ground,therefore have not really seem the need for a political force as all the political bigwigs are prolific thieves like the rest of Nigerian politicians.

There should be something more objective to entice an Igbo man to get his acts together politically,something fundamental and something that made someone like Emenike to burn his Nigerian passport in the view of the world denouncing his association with the catastrosphy called Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Olaone1: 4:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
ROSSIKE: If Ojo Maduekwe really used 'sophistry' to denote 'sophistication' he needs to return to school. Sophistry means raising an unsound or fallacious argument and has nothing whatsoever to do with the term 'sophistication'.
was about to post this.

Maybe the reporter got it wrong
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Gbawe2: 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
redsun: The fact is that the Yoruba's tend to follow tribal leaders enmass,blindly and unquestionably,even though the leaders like most nigerian leaders of time are of questionable character,I.e,tinubu. Igbo's don't really believe in the system on the ground,therefore have not really seem the need for a political force as all the political bigwigs are prolific thieves like the rest of Nigerian politicians.

Thee should be something more objective to entice an Igbo man to get his acts together politically,something fundamental and something that made someone like Emenike to burn his Nigerian passport in the view of the world denouncing his association with the catastrosphy called Nigeria.

What a thoroughly dishonest and vile chap. What "fact"? Do you do reality at all? Can you tell us, without equivocation and without quivering lips, which ethnic group has now queued "enmass,blindly and unquestionably" behind the president of "questionable character" (GEJ) today even more than his own ethnic group? Worthless chap. This is all you people do. I.e ignore the reality attached to your own kinsmen, their very obvious flaws and their ethnocentric behaviour to be lying about Yorubas online, giving us unsavoury tags and falsely associating all manners of negatives with us you are even more guilty of by far. You are a totally shameless hypocrite for calling Tinubu a tribal leader. How many impressive non-Yorubas, willingly and with their own two feet, walked to Tinubu to gain political tutelage and career progression like Pat Utomi?

A Yoruba leader happens to be lauded universally as a savvy and impressive politician who plays the game well in the arena he operates in and it is only Igbos who cannot stand that and will embrace hating him passionately while tagging him a "tribal leader" and insulting his kinsmen. Is it not you guys disgracefully and exclusively wishing Tinubu death daily? How is Tinubu "Tribal"? What in Tinubu's history defines him a "tribal leader"? Did he fight Abacha and dictatorship on behalf of the Yorubas alone whereas most of your leaders are known to just side with whoever is the king ala "the king is dead long live the king"? Has he ever played the ethnic card like the shameless and openly prejudiced Peter Obi you all worship who asked Igbos publicly not to vote for or have anything to do with the "Yoruba Party" merely because an Igbo candidate chose to contest an election under the ACN? Shameless and nauseating hypocrite the lot of you. Same way I am not surprised it is only Igbos who will have a problem agreeing with the words of Ojo Madueke. People like you are too hateful. You are damaged goods probably not living a happy or productive life and blaming Yorubas, as you are prone to do, for your wretched reality.

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by WIZGUY69(m): 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
coolThe real son of alaibo.
stating the obvios!
they will attack the man now.
but that's the fact.
and again. SOUTH WEST IS THE MOST DEVELOPED REGION IN NIGERIA OF WEST AFRICA, AFRICA!
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by onwundiyoruba: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
WIZGUY69: coolThe real son of alaibo.
stating the obvios!
they will attack the man now.
but that's the fact.
and again. SOUTH WEST IS THE MOST DEVELOPED REGION IN NIGERIA OF WEST AFRICA, AFRICA!
suswan was also right when he said "no economy in nigeria without igbo" grin
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by redsun(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
Gbawe2:

What a thoroughly dishonest and vile chap. Do you do reality at all? Can you tell us, without equivocation and without quivering lips, which ethnic group has now queued "enmass,blindly and unquestionably" behind the president of "questionable character" (GEJ) today even more than his own ethnic group? Worthless chap. This is all you people do. I.e ignore the reality attached to your own kinsmen, their very obvious flaws and their behaviour to be lying about Yorubas online, giving us unsavoury tags and falsely associating all manners of negatives with us you are even more guilty of by far. You are a totally shameless idiot for calling Tinubu a tribal leader. How many impressive non-Yorubas, willingly and with their own two feet, walked to Tinubu to gain political tutelage and career progression like Pat Utomi?

A Yoruba leader happens to be lauded universally as a savvy and impressive politician who plays the game well in the arena he operates in and it is only Igbos who cannot stand that and will embrace hating him passionately while tagging him a "tribal leader" and insulting his kinsmen. Is it not you guys disgracefully and exclusively wishing Tinubu death daily? How is Tinubu "Tribal"? Has he ever played the ethnic card like the shameless and openly prejudiced Peter Obi you all worship who asked Igbos publicly not to vote for or have anything to do with the "Yoruba Party" merely because an Igbo candidate chose to contest an election under the ACN? Shameless and nauseating hypocrite the lot of you. Same way I am not surprised it is only Igbos who will have a problem agreeing with the words of Ojo Madueke. People like you are too hateful. You are damaged goods probably not living a happy or productive life.

You mean they play the game of thievery very with steady otimkpu followers like you that are culturally conditioned to sing praises to them like traditional praise singers in the obas palaces across Yoruba land?That kind of thing doesn't impress a conscious Igbo man very well,he will rather make his money enterprisingly,lord over himself,his immediate vicinity and wait for the right time to be a part of community when the veils over Nigerians faces have been lifted. A time that may never come in his life time,but as long as he lives,he refuses to kiss the asses of wayward silverbacks like tinubu. Stinking Asses that people like you find solace in.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by oluwafemi113(m): 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
well said
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Riot5000: 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
Read up more about Ojo Maduekwe on Google.
Ojo is like Ogbemudia and Justice Clarence Thomas of the US supreme court. Double faced, self serving, deceitful, and ready to sell his mother to get what he wants, when he wants it.
Does COWARDICE count with sophistry?
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Gbawe2: 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
redsun:

You mean they play the game of thievery very with steady otimkpu followers like you that are culturally conditioned to sing praises to them like traditional praise singers in the obas palaces across Yoruba land?That kind of thing doesn't impress a conscious Igbo man very well,he will rather make his money enterprisingly,lord over himself,his immediate vicinity and wait for the right time to be a part of community when the veils over Nigerians faces have been lifted. A time that may never come in his life time,but as long as he lives,he refuses to kiss the asses of wayward silverbacks like tinubu. Stinking Asses that people like you find solace in.

The truth is that people like you are programmed to deceive yourself and others. Yorubas support leaders pragmatically. We are pragmatic in affairs where choice guides the path towards what is good and best for everyone. Only a foolish and hateful twerp, drunk on the vile indoctrination of his hateful forebears, will continue to claim otherwise in shameless and fraudulent defiance of what the entire universe accept to be the truth about the Yorubas. We do not, as a cad like you does on Nairaland, hypocritically dedicate ourselves to fighting, hating and alienating everyone as a way of life only to call them ungracious names because they are different. We don't make it a way of life to be incredibly hypocritical by attacking the leaders of others daily and obsessively only to say nothing about our own vile leaders. You are a kid mate. Live your life and let go of the hate and myopia or continue being the failed, bitter and worthless diasporan I know you are. You could have avoided this thread yet you chose to speak in denigration of the Yorubas. They did a good job on you children of hate. Better fight to spare your kids the same abysmal fate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_culture

Philosophy[edit]
Yoruba culture consists of folk/cultural philosophy, religion and folktales. They are embodied in Ifa-Ife Divination, known as the tripartite Book of Enlightenment in Yorubaland and in Diaspora. The people you are raised to denigrate and hate have already earned a reputation your bitterness cannot dent.

Yoruba cultural thought is a witness of two epochs. The first epoch is an epoch-making history in mythology and cosmology. This is also an epoch-making history in the oral culture during which time Oduduwa was the head and a pre-eminent diviner. He pondered the visible and invisible worlds, reminiscing about cosmogony, cosmology, and the mythological creatures in the visible and invisible worlds. The second epoch is the epoch of metaphysical discourse. This commenced in the 19th century when the land became a literate land through the diligence and pragmatism of Dr. Bishop Ajayi Crowther, the first African Anglican Bishop.

Yoruba thought is mainly narrative in form, explicating and pointing to the knowledge of things, affecting the corporeal and the spiritual universe and its wellness. Yoruba people have hundreds of aphorisms, folktales, and lore, and they believe that any lore that widens people's horizons and presents food for thought is the beginning of a philosophy.

Although religion is often first in Yoruba culture, nonetheless, it is the thought of man that actually leads spiritual consciousness (ori) to the creation and the practice of religion. Thus thought is antecedent to religion.

Today, the academic and the nonacademic community are becoming more and more interested in Yoruba culture. Thus more and more researches are being carried out on Yoruba cultural thought, as more and more books are being written on it—embossing its mark and advancing its research amongst non-African thinkers and political scientists who are beginning to open their doors to other cultures, widening their views.

Religion[edit]
Main article: Yoruba religion
The Yoruba are said to be religious people, but they are also pragmatic and tolerant about their religious differences. Whilst many profess the Yoruba school of thought; many more profess other faiths e.g. Christianity, Islam e.t.c.[12]

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by olumuyiolaoluwa: 5:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
Proudly Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by maspero22(m): 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
The following Vacancies exist in a fast growing professional facility Management company based on the mainland of Lagos:
1.Marketers- Proficient in the use MS word/Internet/Powerpoint presentation; dedicated, smart, career driven, willingness to learn and can work with little or no supervision. Must be able to break new grounds too. Educational Qualification- HND/B.Sc in Marketing,Business admin, Accounting or any related discipline with 1-3 years experience on a similar role. 

2. Cleaners and an experienced Driver also wanted. minimum of SSCE. Send Cv to emma_dominion50@yahoo.com or grimebusterss@yahoo.com. Those around Festac and Mile2 are at an advantage. This application closes on or before Friday,26/9/014. Pls RBC
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by arresa: 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1:

I disagree Barcanista

[b]Igbos jealous and resentful of those who appear to be more successful than them; they would do everything in their puny powers to pull down seeming successful people.

Let me cite an example of how this works. After high school, while waiting for the result of the national examination to come out, I lived with my father at Lagos. Two months into this waiting game, I obtained Visa to go to the USA. At Ikeja airport one of the Igbo men that attended my church saw me trying to go through immigration (apparently he worked for the immigration. He was surprised to see a teenager going to America while he, an older man, languished as an immigration worker. He scrutinized my passport and the Visa and asked irritating questions on how I got it.

He did everything in his power to make it difficult for me to leave. If he could he would have prevented me from leaving the country. It was clear that he was jealous. Igbos are very jealous people.

They do not like to be left behind by other persons and would put obstacles on your path if they feel that you are doing better than them.[/b]

http://www.igbofocus.com/html/the_igbo_problem_can_be_fixed.html

If you are around the Igbo all you hear are boasts about his real and imaginary accomplishments. He is very vainglory seeking

In personality structure the typical Igbo has traits of paranoia, narcissism and antisocial personality. He is paranoid because aware of his lack of existential worth, and instead of accepting that reality, he masks it with pretended worth; he pretends to have fictional worth.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by arresa: 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
redsun: The fact is that the Yoruba's tend to follow tribal leaders enmass,blindly and unquestionably,even though the leaders like most nigerian leaders of time are of questionable character,I.e,tinubu. Igbo's don't really believe in the system on the ground,therefore have not really seem the need for a political force as all the political bigwigs are prolific thieves like the rest of Nigerian politicians.

There should be something more objective to entice an Igbo man to get his acts together politically,something fundamental and something that made someone like Emenike to burn his Nigerian passport in the view of the world denouncing his association with the catastrosphy called Nigeria.

Yoruba people followed Awolowo who delivered so many achievements and so many Firsts in Africa and Nigeria.

Yoruba people followed Tinubu who wrestled away Yoruba land from the corrupt and incompetent PDP. Today, Tinubu's men are the best performing governors and states in Nigeria, at lease his pick in Lagos is the most productive leader in the history of Nigeria.

On the other hand, the tribal leader ibo people followed blindly if I should day led them to a dead on arrival war that necessitated millions needless deaths.

The same tribal leader eventually left them for dead on the battle field to have a good time in Ivory Coast.

Till this very second, Yoruba land is still the Number 1 dream destination for ibo people for obvious reasons.

Ibo people should sometimes say thanks to the same tribal Yoruba leaders for making Yoruba land a welcoming, productive and conducive place for ibo people to to thrive and earn their daily bread from.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Lucasbalo(m): 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Nigerians unite, there is no room for tribalism if u want nigeria to move forward. This worthless politicians are taking advantage of the tribal division to run the country down to the pit of hell.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by blasterman(m): 6:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
Flattery to deceive

When u wanna bang ur babe u will first start with sweet talk before u hammer am

So also this case

Shine ur eye

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Depression Or EFCC: What Will Make Rochas Okorocha To Look Like This? / Lagos Empowers 3000 Agriprenuers In Fisheries, Poulty, Piggery / The Only Way To Develop Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.