Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe (7882 Views)

Igeria's Minister Of Petroleum Mrs Diezani Alinson Maduekwe Returned $16 Billion / “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech / Sophisticated Guns Captured From Boko Haram By Nigerian Soldiers [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by redsun(m): 6:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
arresa:
Yoruba people followed Awolowo who delivered so many achievements and so many Firsts in Africa and Nigeria.
Yoruba people followed Tinubu who wrestled away Yoruba land from the corrupt and incompetent PDP. Today, Tinubu's men are the best performing governors and states in Nigeria, at lease his pick in Lagos is the most productive leader in the history of Nigeria.
On the other hand, the tribal leader ibo people followed blindly if I should day led them to a dead on arrival war that necessitated millions needless deaths.
The same tribal leader eventually left them for dead on the battle field to have a good time in Ivory Coast.
Till this very second, Yoruba land is still the Number 1 dream destination for ibo people for obvious reasons.
Ibo people should sometimes say thanks to the same tribal Yoruba leaders for making Yoruba land a welcoming, productive and conducive place for ibo people to to thrive and earn their daily bread from.

The only place that use to be the apple in other nigerians eyes from other regions is lagos because it was the federal capital of nigeria and presently the federal commercial.It was developed with the early booming oil wealth of nigeria by enterprising nigerians from all the nook and crannies of the nation.The yorubas were able to lay hold of the chairmanship of most the multinationals because they are supposedly the indigenous people of the land and companies always find it easy keeping control of their activities by making the indigenous people figure heads. Aside from that,ordinary enterprising people on the streets of lagos that keeps it buoyant are mainly non yorubas and that is always very vivid during festivities like christmas when the igbos and others travels home.Everything shuts down and lagos becomes a SEMI ghost town.

Ojo madueke is a bush man that is been deceived by oyinbo language like most folks of his generation,the generation of lazy intellectuals and irrational academicians.If he actually understand what sophistication means,he wont use the word to describe any tribe in a primitive nigeria where prolific rogues like tinubu rules the roost.A lawless society.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Gbawe2: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
redsun:

The only place that use to be the apple in other nigerians eyes from other regions is lagos because it was the federal capital of nigeria and presently the federal commercial.It was developed with the early booming oil wealth of nigeria by enterprising nigerians from all the nook and crannies of the nation.The yorubas were able to lay hold of the chairmanship of most the multinationals because they are supposedly the indigenous people of the land and companies always find it easy keeping control of their activities by making the indigenous people figure heads. Aside from that,ordinary enterprising people on the streets of lagos that keeps it buoyant are mainly non yorubas and that is always very vivid during festivities like christmas when the igbos and others travels home.Everything shuts down and lagos becomes a SEMI ghost town.

Ojo madueke is a bush man that is been deceived by oyinbo language like most folks of his generation,the generation of lazy intellectuals and irrational academicians.If he actually understand what sophistication means,he wont use the word to describe any tribe in a primitive nigeria where prolific rogues like tinubu rules the roost.A lawless society.

Shut up and take a good look at your hateful image in the mirror for once !!! Why is it exclusively you Igbos who are now trying to discredit Madueke because he said something which many have stated about the Yorubas universally? Why are the Hausas, Fulani,Kanuris, Ijaws et al not in dissent when anything positive is stated about the Yorubas yet it is you people who are always fundamentally pained to the extent you wade in with your hateful and bitter comments when you can just ignore the topic and move on? The Yorubas don't bother about you or anyone for that matter. The other day there was a thread about Orji Kalu buying a private jet for a very large sum of money (see below) and the response, as at the time I left, could be counted on one hand!!!!! Yet if it was Tinubu you worthless and hateful individuals would have swelled the thread to 12 pages with abuse, curses and vitriol against a man who has never wronged most of you and whose only sin, to you children of prejudice and discrimination, is that he is Yoruba. How is Tinubu worse than the many worthless leaders you guys host who do nothing for your people? The progress the SW is making now, take it or leave it, is down to Tinubu. You have your own leaders far more deserving of your hate and attention yet it is Yoruba leaders you sad people concentrate on 24/7.

You hypocrites have nauseatingly perfected the art of hating and vilifying the leaders of others 24/7 whereas you never say anything about the numerous bigots,crooks and thieves you parade as leaders. People like you are the biggest hypocrite walking the earth. Go and blame your hateful forebears who chose to keep the hate against others alive, through one-sided and vile indoctrination, rather than coming here daily to make a fool of yourself. I just feel sorry for people like you because it is obvious you just act and talk senselessly and aberrantly, in opposition to everyone else, without even pausing to think why you do such.

Forumers can see the threads below about the stark misruler called Kalu and his mansions, jets and whatever. How many responses let alone Yoruba contribution? Do Igbos themselves ever bother to take this worthless leader to task to warrant their 24/7 malevolent focus on Tinubu and other Yoruba leaders? If it were Aregbesola or Amosun, even the Igbo in Ukraine, Mumbai and Arkansas who have never set foot in Osun or ogun State will be writhing around in pain and setting up home on the thread to make it 50 pages. You lot should sort yourselves out. Your ridiculous and hateful ways you fail to acknowledge , towards a people not particularly bothered about you, is pathetic.

https://www.nairaland.com/1480718/photos-ex-governor-uzor-kalus-cars

https://www.nairaland.com/1912374/former-governor-orji-kalu-acquires

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Dreambeat: 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
@OP,his name is Ojo MADUEKWE.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Kasynpaulsyn1: 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
Gbawe2:

Shut up and take a good look at your hateful image in the mirror for once !!! Why is it exclusively you Igbos who are now trying to discredit Madueke because he said something which many have stated about the Yorubas universally? Why are the Hausas, Fulani,Kanuris, Ijaws et al not in dissent when anything positive is stated about the Yorubas yet it is you people who are always fundamentally pained to the extent you wade in with your hateful and bitter comments when you can just ignore the topic and move on?

Furthermore, you guys have nauseatingly perfected the art of hating and vilifying the leaders of others 24/7 whereas you never say anything about the numerous bigots,crooks and thieves you parade as leaders. People like you are the biggest hypocrite walking the earth. Go and blame your hateful forebears who chose to keep the hate against others alive, through one-sided and vile indoctrination, rather than coming here daily to make a fool of yourself. I just feel sorry for people like you because it is obvious you just act and talk senselessly and aberrantly, in opposition to everyone else, without even pausing to think why you do such.

Fully Endorsed!

Iboes are just envious of Yoruba progress and will go to any length to diminish the strides the Great Yoruba race have achieved over the years, From the USA, Europe, Brazil etc, we are pace setters. Patient, humble, enterprising, industrious yet gallant and brave-hearts.

I am proud to be a YORUBA MAN!!

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by arresa: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
redsun:

The only place that use to be the apple in other nigerians eyes from other regions is lagos because it was the federal capital of nigeria and presently the federal commercial.

This is a lie on your part simply because they are all over Yoruba land from Lagos all the way to Osun. There are ibo communities and enclaves all over Yoruba land with their Eze Anozie just settled a 17 years long Ibo leadership tussle in Ibadan with a court order..

There are too many ibo communities and too many Eze in Ogun state that the state had to step in to bar them from using the Eze title in Ogun state..

Igbo leaders in Osun meet on choice of candidate

Igbo Leaders of thought in Osun State at the weekend met in Ilesha at the Palace of Obi Okechukwu, the Eze Ndigbo of Osun State to deliberate on the candidate, Igbos resident in the state would support in the August 9, governorship election.

It was developed with the early booming oil wealth of nigeria by enterprising nigerians from all the nook and crannies of the nation.

This is Ignorance on your part since the seat of government was confined to Lagos Island and Lagos was already a developed city before Nigeria as a country in 1960.

Lagos was a commercial center before independence and your oil oil wealth has nothing to do with it.

Our industrial estates built by the government of the Old western region from Ikeja, Ilupeju, Matori, Apapa and Mushin are responsible for the economic activities in Laagos, your federal government did not do that.

They erected 2 bridges and last time I checked, they erected a bridge in Ibo land too.

When you come back, Itemize exactly what the federal government did in Lagos with oil money...

The yorubas were able to lay hold of the chairmanship of most the multinationals because they are supposedly the indigenous people of the land and companies always find it easy keeping control of their activities by making the indigenous people figure heads. Aside from that,ordinary enterprising people on the streets of lagos that keeps it buoyant are mainly non yorubas and that is always very vivid during festivities like christmas when the igbos and others travels home.Everything shuts down and lagos becomes a SEMI ghost town.

Again, this is ignorance on your part.

Yoruba people had the knowledge and foresight to set up industrial estates to generate goods and services and to generate wealth and jobs. The same industrial estates are still largely responsible for a major chunk of the industrial goods and services in Nigeria today.

It was good leadership and foresight.

The same good leadership and foresight created Oodua group with many major companies still functioning till this very second..

This I wont debate this because it's your opinion even though warped and ignorant..

All you people do is hate and hate and hate and hate. You spend so much time hating and hating that you have little time to so spend on yourself or worry about your own development and progress. You people are even more concerned about me, my state and state governors than your own backward states and unproductive governors.

Tinubu produced the most productive governors in Nigeria and even the best and the most productive in the history of Nigeria.

What have your leaders produced? When was the last time your people showed us anything even projects started and completed by any of your leaders from 8 years back till today...?

The only time we see you people is when we post pictures of progress and development in Yoruba land and all you do is hate and hate all day. ..but you can not show us anything from your towns and villages..

Hate all you want, we are still miles ahead of you..

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by heavenmade(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: There is something called Cowardice cheesy
it is not cowardice. In the words of the Nigerian Military,it is termed "tactical retreat" grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Ohamadike42: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
Saying that Igbos are envious of yoruba is fallacy and uncalled for, why should we be envious of yorba? What did u achieve that Igbos has not achieved? I think its the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
tit: Excellent speech by Ojo Maduekwe.
The Yoruba are sophisticated in culture and politics.
Ojo has spoken in the voice of an emperor !!!
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
grin
heavenmade: it is not cowardice. In the words of the Nigerian Military,it is termed "tactical retreat" grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Ohamadike42: 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ohamadike42: Saying that Igbos are envious of yoruba is fallacy and uncalled for, why should we be envious of yorba? What did u achieve that Igbos has not achieved? I think its the other way round.
Igbo ga adi ya gazie.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Lawalemi(m): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
Confirm! You will appreciate this more if you travel to north as corper
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by heavenmade(m): 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
Dreambeat: @OP,his name is Ojo MADUEKWE.
how do u mean? Does that make him a Yoruba man or what?
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Dreambeat: 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
heavenmade: how do u mean? Does that make him a Yoruba man or what?
just wanted him and a lot of others to know that there is a difference between the two names because lots of non Igbos do not know.This particular person is Maduekwe not Madueke.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by drnoel: 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ok, the ewarriors are here. Make una watch as this thread go change style......
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by Ohamadike42: 10:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
Your fathers fought to keep nigeria one, why are u now ranting like a coward?
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by EmoBoy(m): 12:21am On Sep 22, 2014
Yorubas are truly the most culturally advanced tribe in nigeria followed by the hausas. Igbos are annoying... I'm igbo btw

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by T8ksy(m): 12:36am On Sep 22, 2014
arresa:

This is a lie on your part simply because they ibos are all over Yoruba land from Lagos all the way to Osun. There are ibo communities and enclaves all over Yoruba land with their Eze Anozie just settled a 17 years long Ibo leadership tussle in Ibadan with a court order..

There are too many ibo communities and too many Eze in Ogun state that the state had to step in to bar them from using the Eze title in Ogun state..

@ bolded.................exactly!!! Yet ibos hate yorubas with unfathomable great passion! Hence why i truly believe the saying that "it s..u..c..kkkssss" to be Bleep. I mean. how can one hate his host so much whilst clearly aware of the fact that he also need his host to sustain his miserable life.

They hate yorubas so much yet they are all over yorubaland like locusts making a much more better living than their cursed ancestral land could ever afford them. Instead of been grateful to their benevolent hosts their hate-filled mind kicks in and all they do is curse,slander, denigrate and wish all manner of ill-fortunes on their benign hosts. It's absurd.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by yetunsbay(m): 12:41am On Sep 22, 2014
suregurl: i lyk my race
100m?
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by yetunsbay(m): 12:43am On Sep 22, 2014
musicwriter: This's absolutely correct!.

I read a book on pre-colonial Africa that suggested what this report said but I wasn't sure so I decided to conduct my own research few months ago to prove or disprove it. Note that the research is part of a wider project that I'm currently working on how to lay the foundation for teaching sciences in African schools in our native dialects and I'v been conducting several research works online and offline. I made some of the reseach right here on Nairaland. The research is found on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1820035/simple-test-africans-only

In the above reseach I simply asked Nairalanders to name "parts of the body" in their native languqge. Believe me, only a Yoruba man was able to do that!.

Unfortunately, some of us that throws up intellectual topics or debates don't get heard on this forum but loud mouths and people who have no real value to offer always manage to have their topics on the front page.

If Africa was to be destroyed culturally, the Yorubas, Hausas, some tribes in Gabon or near that southern basin, a part of Ghana, some tribes in Benin republic near Quiddah and some part east Africa that speak Swahili may be the only real Africans left.

Yes, the Yorubas are one of the most culturally advanced tribes not only in Nigeria but in Africa!. This's based on facts from my own reseach not sentiments. If you doubt it then solve that simple test above.

I'm an Igbo man for your information.
wa shey oriire............. being objectv
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:51am On Sep 22, 2014
But when Uncle Jona said Anambra is the brain box of Nigeria the thread went up to 100 pages of Yoloba moaning and grinning....lol

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by ba7man(m): 7:17am On Sep 22, 2014
OdenigboAroli: But when Uncle Jona said Anambra is the brain box of Nigeria the thread went up to 100 pages of Yoloba moaning and grinning....lol
There are "facts" and there are "personal opinions".

"Yorubas are the most sophisticated ethnicity in Nigeria". FACT.

If you disagree, mention the ethnicity you deem worthy then. Igbo?? Hausa?? Fulani??

"Anambra is the brainbox if Nigeria". PERSONAL OPINION.

An environment is the sum total of the mental effort of the inhabitants within it. Look again at Anambra and tell me that's where the best brains are located in this Country.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by suregurl(f): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2014
yetunsbay: 100m?
i dnt grab dat
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by shizzle11(m): 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
ba7man: There are "facts" and there are "personal opinions".

"Yorubas are the most sophisticated ethnicity in Nigeria". FACT.

If you disagree, mention the ethnicity you deem worthy then. Igbo?? Hausa?? Fulani??

"Anambra is the brainbox if Nigeria". PERSONAL OPINION.

An environment is the sum total of the mental effort of the inhabitants within it. Look again at Anambra and tell me that's where the best brains are located in this Country.
it is a fact in your ewedu brain, so no surprises
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by akeemmuhammed: 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
Buy Dangote cement Direct from the factory at the rate of #1,200 Naira per Bag. We deliver 300 Bags above and also if you need a full load, pls call the sales manager on 08101040745 to book now for purchase and Delivery to any part of state in Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by OlaoChi: 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
Lucasbalo: Nigerians unite, there is no room for tribalism if u want nigeria to move forward. This worthless politicians are taking advantage of the tribal division to run the country down to the pit of hell.

if anything the politicians want Nigeria to stand because they gain a lot from Nigeria.
It's the intelligent members of the masses that see Nigeria's existence is hell for the people
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by OlaoChi: 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
eluquenson: Yoruba people are the real elite of this nation, they are liberal, educated to the core & social.

Yoruba are the ones who fought for independence from Britain best but can't fight for independence from Nigeria.
Pathetic sad
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by OlaoChi: 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
redsun:

When was Lagos state ever Nigeria's capital? And what did federal government ever do in Lagos asides 2 bridges?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by sheniqua: 7:40pm On Sep 22, 2014
heavenmade: In a speech at the Afenifere Renewal Group in Ottawa,Ojo maduekwe confessed that the yorubas are the most advanced in Nigeria.He said "This does not diminish my Igboness,the Yoruba is The most Sophisticated ethnic group in Nigeria." He further said "Rather than confront the yorubas,others should learn from their sophistry"
https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/513409157786247168?p=v

Hahahahaha
I bet he made their day
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by suregurl(f): 8:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
yetunsbay: 100m?
ok...exactly
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by eluquenson(m): 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
OlaoChi:

Yoruba are the ones who fought for independence from Britain best but can't fight for independence from Nigeria.
Pathetic sad
Yorubas' fought for the initial independence by peace, if there is violence in the country as it is now it's never from the Western Nigeria.
What is pathetic now is the coward brothers from the east.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by PearlStreet(m): 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
The Internet never forgets.

This was before GEJ lost the election. Since he lost, Ojo Madueke's people have been inconsolable, crying like barren witches. Unfortunately, Ojo Madueke is no longer alive to knock some commonsense into their flat heads.
Re: Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe by deomelo: 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
We know this already, but thanks for your honesty and realization of obvious facts anyway, Mr Maduake.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Buhari Will Not Tolerate Killings, Kidnappings" -Minister Of Interior, Dambazau / Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 16, Raze Over 50 Houses / Illiteracy Rate In Nigeria Is Up To 70% - Vc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.