Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Is He Really In Ghana?! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is He Really In Ghana?! (2113 Views)

The “Green Light” That Tells You She Is ‘really’ In Love With You. / What Does He Really Mean When He Says:am Missing You? / How do u know If u/ur girl is really in love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is He Really In Ghana?! by Terkura1: 9:40am On Sep 21, 2014
Hi all, your help and advice would be gratefully received! My fiance told me he has travelled to Accra but the details of his trip are quite sketchy. I know that it is possible for his mtn number to work in Ghana but would the ring tone still be the same? Thanks and God bless you!
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by vizkiz: 9:43am On Sep 21, 2014
come lemmie pray for you in here undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/1912906/nlsc-baby#up
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Terkura1: 9:44am On Sep 21, 2014
Thanks dear
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Houseofglam7(f): 9:48am On Sep 21, 2014
Yes he's in Ghana. angry

1 Like

Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by constance500: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2014
Ghana's mobile number code starts with +233
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Terkura1: 9:52am On Sep 21, 2014
constance500: Ghana's mobile number code starts with +233

I know. His Nigerian sim works in Ghana but the ring tone is still the same as when he is in Nigeria.
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Mimienudles(f): 10:36am On Sep 21, 2014
He says he's in Ghana. Put your mind at rest and make room for Trust. He loves you

1 Like

Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Terkura1: 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mimienudles: He says he's in Ghana. Put your mind at rest and make room for Trust. He loves you

Thanks, wise words.
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Terkura1: 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
Really appreciate, thanks!!
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Jarchi(m): 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
Let him share pictures with you,u knw women tin naw,just tell him to send his cute pictures of his tour and dats the secret
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
What do you mean by his ringtone is still the same?
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Terkura1: 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
Jarchi: Let him share pictures with you,u knw women tin naw,just tell him to send his cute pictures of his tour and dats the secret

Yes he already did and he shared them on FB so am thinking the trip must be genuine.....
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Terkura1: 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
babeline: What do you mean by his ringtone is still the same?

I thought if he was in another country the caller tone would be different when I am dialling his number.
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Terkura1: 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Thanks I really appreciate the help and advice. Am sure I sound v suspicious and untrusting but we have had issues of dishonesty in the past.....slowly trying to get through it and build trust back up again!
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by sylve11: 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ol' boy.........see thread! grin grin cool
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
Even if he travelled to Ghana for real the fact that you distrust him so much shows that you do not feel he is as committed to you as you would like so relax don't form over commitment either and let the relationship unfold.
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by BluStreak(m): 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
My dear, once the caller tone is the same, he is not in Ghana. Once a number roams, it inherits the caller tone of the roamed network. I have friends and family that has taken a trip to ghana and other parts of the world. The caller tones are never the same.

For whatever reason he chose to lie, me dunno but he hasn't left our shores I guarantee you that. Except perhaps he roamed to an mtn network with same network tone as ours. Ghana has none anywayz.
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Terkura1: 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
BluStreak: My dear, once the caller tone is the same, he is not in Ghana. Once a number roams, it inherits the caller tone of the roamed network. I have friends and family that has taken a trip to ghana and other parts of the world. The caller tones are never the same.
For whatever reason he chose to lie, me dunno but he hasn't left our shores I guarantee you that. Except perhaps he roamed to an mtn network with same network tone as ours. Ghana has none anywayz.

Thanks so much for your reply. That is exactly what I thought; even if he can use his MTN number in Ghana the caller tone would sound different. Thank you, really appreciate you.
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by GHKWAME1: 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
BluStreak: My dear, once the caller tone is the same, he is not in Ghana. Once a number roams, it inherits the caller tone of the roamed network. I have friends and family that has taken a trip to ghana and other parts of the world. The caller tones are never the same.

Mr I know everything, who told you Ghana has no network tone? What makes you so sure more so when you have never been to Ghana before huh? What is so strange in having the same tone with the same network in another country? I know a nairalander who came to Ghana and used his Nigerian number, I know because we had a chat through whatsapp, with technology anything and everything is possible these days.
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by GHKWAME1: 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Terkura1:

Thanks so much for your reply. That is exactly what I thought; even if he can use his MTN number in Ghana the caller tone would sound different. Thank you, really appreciate you.
It's like you are in a pressure to find an excuse to accuse your fiancee, why don't you ask him to buy one of the dailies in Ghana tomorrow and ask him to take a selfie with it so that you can zoom the date and confirm for yourself. Over the years, many Ghanaians including my humble self have received foreign calls with local caller ids. The authorities in Ghana have explained that certain unscrupulous criminals are re routing calls in order to deprive the state of much needed funds, i wonder the number of broken homes and relationships as a result of being told by your partner that he is out of the country only to receive a call from them with a local number.

read more: http://www.biztechafrica.com/article/sim-box-fraud-crackdown-intensifies/3212/?country=ghana

SIM box fraud is a setup which fraudsters install
on SIM boxes with multiple low-cost prepaid SIM
cards. Operators involved in this fraudulent act
use laptops and other non-sophisticated gadgets.
With the help of these devices they convert
international calls through the internet to make it
appear as if it is a local call. By this, they rob
the state and telecom service providers of their
deserved revenues.
They divert revenue from the telcos to their
private accounts and those of their collaborators
both inside and outside the country.
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
Terkura1:

I thought if he was in another country the caller tone would be different when I am dialling his number.

Nope its Ghana
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Terkura1: 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
Thank you for contacting us at MTN CustomerCare. Kindly be informed that you can use your Nigerian MTN SIM in Ghana, and yes the same caller tune will be heard by your callers. Thank you for choosing MTN and have a splendid day. Best regards, Arhyel| CustomerCare Team Customercare@mtnnigeria.net Download pictures
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by iamord(m): 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
GHKWAME1: Mr I know everything, who told you Ghana has no network tone? What makes you so sure more so when you have never been to Ghana before huh? What is so strange in having the same tone with the same network in another country? I know a nairalander who came to Ghana and used his Nigerian number, I know because we had a chat through whatsapp, with technology anything and everything is possible these days.

Whenever am in ghana. If you call my nigerian line it sounds the same way as if am in nigeria.. So there is nothing strange
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
sylve11: Ol' boy.........see thread! grin grin cool

as in en..i tire

what was the trash thread made for.i wonder if this thread doesn't deserve a place there..
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Charles4075(m): 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
This is so funny.. Lmao. Trust issues

Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 21, 2014

what is this?
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by Terkura1: 11:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
To all those posting negative comments about the thread, I thought the whole point of having a forum like this is so you can chat about certain issues without being judged?
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by BluStreak(m): 4:03am On Sep 22, 2014
GHKWAME1: Mr I know everything, who told you Ghana has no network tone? What makes you so sure more so when you have never been to Ghana before huh? What is so strange in having the same tone with the same network in another country? I know a nairalander who came to Ghana and used his Nigerian number, I know because we had a chat through whatsapp, with technology anything and everything is possible these days.

Mr. Angry ghana man no be fight naaah haba. I never implied the bold(ed). About ever being to Ghana or ever roamed myself, let's leave that to the gods. My argument is that the network that mtn has roaming agreement with in Ghana has a single long flat tone while MTN Nigeria has a dual bass tone per pulse. Note that this is my own attempt to explain what I meant by caller tone as I am not in the telecoms and don't know what they call those. So when u roam, ur tone inherits the roamed network tone. When ur callers put a call through to you, what they hear is the new inherited tone instead of our Nigeria MTN's usual network tone. Reason being that the call no longer terminates on your local MTN network in Naija. kapish! So Mr. Angry, ghana network has tone o u hear. No network analogue or digital wey no get tone.
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by GHKWAME1: 7:34am On Sep 22, 2014
BluStreak: My dear, once the caller tone is the same, he is not in ghana .
Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by lawrenceunaa: 10:50am On Sep 22, 2014
the caller tone will change to a longer but single tone like #tuuuuuuuuuu
L cheesy l op learn to trust him even if he is lying then ignore shocked ,better men are yet to come wink

1 Like

Re: Is He Really In Ghana?! by BizBloke(m): 10:59am On Sep 22, 2014

True

(1) (Reply)

What Is She Up To? / Had A Fight? See The 11 Sexiest Way To Say "I'm Sorry" / The Story Of 20 Toes Told In 20 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.