Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,127 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine (2118 Views)

Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize / Photo: Good Luck And Osinbajo Shake Hands. The Smiles Though / Our Online Activites Are Being Monitored - Times Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:35am On Sep 21, 2014
Chaos. Incompetence. Lies. As the first full picture of the horror of the Nigerian church collapse surfaces, South Africans are left wondering how many lives could have been saved if Pastor TB Joshua's church and Nigerian authorities had co-operated fully in rescue attempts.

Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by eaglechild: 11:37am On Sep 21, 2014
So much in the form of respect for a newspaper that headlines JLo's butt.
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 21, 2014
The Onus is on LASG to file charges against Prophet TB Joshua.

1 Like

Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:40am On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: The Onus is on LASG to file charges against Prophet TB Joshua.

I am also waiting!
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Jmain: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2014
eaglechild: So much in the form of respect for a newspaper that headlines JLo's butt.

Lolz . . . .
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 21, 2014
eaglechild: So much in the form of respect for a newspaper that headlines JLo's butt.
and you got attracted to JLo's butt instead of focusing on the main headline? That's Sunday Times of South Africa we are talking about! angry

1 Like

Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Jmain: 11:44am On Sep 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

I am also waiting!

You are also waiting but you failed to also reference the pic below . . .

2 Likes

Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Jmain: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2014
berem: and you got attracted to JLo's butt instead of focusing on the main headline? That's Sunday Times of South Africa we are talking about! angry

So ?
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Rawani: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2014
Fashola should not allow himself to be ridiculed by these Saffers by foot-dragging on this issue.
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

I am also waiting!
This is one area I respect the Tinubu's administration as regards the Justice System of Lagos State. When Emeka Ezeugo aka Rev King was alleged to have had in hand in the murder of his church member and another attempted murder, despite his popolarity and "god" status his followere accorded him(still accords him), he was arrested and prosecuted in 2006. He was convicted in January 2007 despite that there was election around. Today he's awaiting the hangman courtesy the "no nonsense prosecutors" under Bola Tinubu. Fashola must learn from his Predecessor and act now and fast!!! Otherwise, I will classify him as clueless and incompetent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by eaglechild: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2014
berem: and you got attracted to JLo's butt instead of focusing on the main headline? That's Sunday Times of South Africa we are talking about! angry
I am just questioning the credibility and seriousness of "The Times".

Comes across as a cheap tabloid that should be ignored.

No need flashing butts on their front page.

That's all.
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 21, 2014
Jmain:

So ?
and you don't care to know about what this incident can cause in the nearest future? You don't know there are Nigerians living in SA? You do not fear for Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians? You are asking me "so"?

angry

If you're gonna respond to me foolishly,do not quote me!

2 Likes

Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 21, 2014
eaglechild:

That's all.

weekend stories of newspapers always have celebrity stories on their front pages. What's so special about JLo's butt flashing the FP of the newspaper?
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 21, 2014
Rawani: Fashola should not allow himself to be ridiculed by these Saffers by foot-dragging on this issue.
Up till today we have not heard nor read any official statement from the LASG to know government position and their next line of action. I am begining to assume that Gov Fash is somewhat overrated. The amazing aspect is that Fashola is supposed to be a Senior Lawyer/SAN

2 Likes

Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by eaglechild: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2014
berem: weekend stories of newspapers always have celebrity stories on their front pages. What's so special about JLo's butt flashing the FP of the newspaper?

Most cheap tabloids also operate on weekends.
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 21, 2014
eaglechild:

That's all.

on a serious note, J'Lo's butt make brain grin
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Jmain: 11:59am On Sep 21, 2014
berem: and you don't care to know about what this incident can cause in the nearest future? You don't know there are Nigerians living in SA? You do not fear for Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians? You are asking me "so"?

angry

If you're gonna respond to me foolishly,do not quote me!

Dude raised a valid observation of his and all you could do is justify your points that it is an SA newspaper. How did that erase the valid issue of an irresponsible pic on the FP of the referenced paper . . . .

If you feel so pained that I quoted you , then am very sorry, I will quote anyone I deem fit and that includes you . . .

P:S ==> The concern you raised about a xenophobic attack on Nigerians is plausible, but that will be going too far for the SA citizens and authorities cos they know the drill . . . .
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
eaglechild:

Most cheap tabloids also operate on weekends.

The Sunday Times is a popular South African
Sunday newspaper. It has an audited
circulation of 504,000 and a weekly readership
of 3.2 million, making it the largest weekly
newspaper in South Africa. Recently it was
involved in exposing a corruption scandal
involving the South African government's US$6
billion arms deal. The newspaper was founded
in 1906.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sunday_Times_(South_Africa)

3 Likes

Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by chibwike(m): 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
why havent the govt taken action over the incident are they afraid of tb joshua. Fashola is overrated abeg.
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by eaglechild: 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
berem:

The Sunday Times is a popular South African
Sunday newspaper. It has an audited
circulation of 504,000 and a weekly readership
of 3.2 million, making it the largest weekly
newspaper in South Africa. Recently it was
involved in exposing a corruption scandal
involving the South African government's US$6
billion arms deal. The newspaper was founded
in 1906.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sunday_Times_(South_Africa)
Save yourself the info, I have read it a couple of times.

Remember "News of the world" in UK?
Well it was about the most popular and widely circulating English language newspapers in the world founded in 1843, but they were still involved in shady phone hacking deals.

It is not about how big, old or popular but the content and reportage.

4 Likes

Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by focus7: 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
The account of a Journalist here on NL on how the rescue teams and the journalist were treated and the shocking revelation by another Journalist by name Nicholas about how they offered 50000naira and a video tape to pervert story about the collapse incident left much to be suspicious about. I think the state government should conduct a thorough investigation to that incident without compromise.
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by JuanDeDios: 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: The Onus is on LASG to file charges against Prophet TB Joshua.
I agree. But you need to know that once anything involves foreign affairs it becomes a matter for the president. Besides we're talking about the death close to 100 people. The FG has a duty to step in. After all, the FG controls the police and the police is yet to cough in this matter. You saw what happened in Fergusson - the city administration, then the state, the federal government came in. This is a matter of far bigger magnitude. Jonathan cannot pass the buck here. He reserves the right to ask the AFG to take over and investigate the matter. If Fashola feels too timid tackle Joshua Abuja should not be.
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by focus7: 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
chibwike: why havent the govt taken action over the incident are they afraid of tb joshua. Fashola is overrated abeg.
nigeria government if it were to be a smaller church without popularity it would be shut down by now and d pastor probably be in detention.
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
eaglechild:
Save yourself the info, I have read it a couple of times.
I just wanted to let you know that Sunday Times of SA is not a cheap newspaper as you pointly said.

Have a nice day!
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by eaglechild: 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
berem: I just wanted to let you know that Sunday Times of SA is not a cheap newspaper as you pointly said.

Have a nice day!
See my modified post
Have a nice day too.
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
JuanDeDios:
I agree. But you need to know that once anything involves foreign affairs it becomes a matter for the president. Besides we're talking about the death close to 100 people. The FG has a duty to step in. After all, the FG controls the police and the police is yet to cough in this matter. You saw what happened in Fergusson - the city administration, then the state, the federal government came in. This is a matter of far bigger magnitude. Jonathan cannot pass the buck here. He reserves the right to ask the AFG to take over and investigate the matter. If Fashola feels too timid tackle Joshua Abuja should not be.
My friend, this is a laughable excuse. This is a pure Lagos State offence and has nothing to do with Federal or Foreign Relations. What SA govt need is justice and it is within the powers of LASG to handle this case. This is not the first and won't be the last State offence. Pls keep your Ferguson or Moyes american case, we are talking of Nigeria and Nigeria laws. Fashola has disappointed me and some of his supporters. He is proving to be incompetent and clueless like Jonathan!!!

1 Like

Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: My friend, this is a laughable excuse. This is a pure Lagos State offence and has nothing to do with Federal or Foreign Relations. What SA govt need is justice and it is within the powers of LASG to handle this case. This is not the first and won't be the last State offence. Pls keep your Ferguson or Moyes american case, we are talking of Nigeria and Nigeria laws. Fashola has disappointed me and some of his supporters. He is proving to be incompetent and clueless like Jonathan!!!
Who told you that?
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
focus7: nigeria government if it were to be a smaller church without popularity it would be shut down by now and d pastor probably be in detention.
point of correction, the government here is the LASG and not the FG. This is absolutely a Lagos State offence
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by JuanDeDios: 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: My friend, this is a laughable excuse. This is a pure Lagos State offence and has nothing to do with Federal or Foreign Relations. What SA govt need is justice and it is within the powers of LASG to handle this case. This is not the first and won't be the last State offence. Pls keep your Ferguson or Moyes american case, we are talking of Nigeria and Nigeria laws. Fashola has disappointed me and some of his supporters. He is proving to be incompetent and clueless like Jonathan!!!
*Sigh*
So if a crime is committed and Lagos State fails to act, the FG should leave it at that? As for the functions of the attorney-general, the similarity between our federal constitution and that of the US, and the international angle to this, I see all that is above you. Carry go abeg. Na you biko.

1 Like

Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
berem: Who told you that?
This is a prima facie case of involuntary manslaughter contrary to Section 222 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
JuanDeDios:
*Sigh*
So if a crime is committed and Lagos State fails to act, the FG should leave it at that? As for the functions of the attorney-general, the similarity between our federal constitution and that of the US, and the international angle to this, I see all that is above you. Carry go abeg. Na you biko.
What is the function of Lagos State Attorney General? My friend stop citing the USA laws here and focus on Nigeria laws. Is Nigeria an extension of the USA? Beside take a look at Section 222 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by JuanDeDios: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
focus7: nigeria government if it were to be a smaller church without popularity it would be shut down by now and d pastor probably be in detention.
I think so. It would certainly have been shut down.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Behind Fuel Scarcity, Plotting Sabotage Of Power Supply - Fani Kayode / Sambo Delivers Polling Unit, Defeats APC / Wike: I Will Not Fight Buhari (Unlike Amaechi that Fought Jonathan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.