Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,439 members, 7,836,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine (2127 Views)

Opinion;Shekau's Enlistment On Times Magazine An Affront To Nigeria By Ublaize / Photo: Good Luck And Osinbajo Shake Hands. The Smiles Though / Our Online Activites Are Being Monitored - Times Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by helpee(m): 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
JuanDeDios:
So you expect "investigation" to be completed before they tell you how many people are feared dead simply before people might be under the rubles? Well, based on some of the things you wrote it seems you are poorly informed. A few moments after the WTC went down figures started coming out. The figures were later revised based on new knowledge. At the end there was a definite statement on the number KNOWN to have died with the admission that there may be unknown ones. On the next anniversary of 9-11, listen out and you will hear the NAME of EVERY known VICTIM read out. Did you get that? The NAME of every victim.

The media reported that Joshua has failed to disclose the number of people who were there, much less release the guest list. If you're telling me that if your relative was there you would have relied on Joshua for good information despite the manner he has conducted himself so far, I say carry go.
false! Till date nobody knows the exact number of people that died in world trade center not to talk of knowing the name of every victim. Why are Nigerian like this. There are still hundreds of people unaccounted for till date. Google is your friend. They only estimated the number of people that died. Tell me how do u expect Joshua to know the number of people in there within one week when some people may even be in the periphery. So your own idea is to start churning out figures and then modify it tomorrow. My friend we don't always have to be stampeded into action simply because some foreign countries told you so.....more so SA. Allow govt do its investigation and until then I don't expect any hasty figures or criminalisation of anybody
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by JuanDeDios: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
helpee: false! Till date nobody knows the exact number of people that died in world trade center not to talk of knowing the name of every victim. Why are Nigerian like this. There are still hundreds of people unaccounted for till date. Google is your friend. They only estimated the number of people that died. Tell me how do u expect Joshua to know the number of people in there within one week when some people may even be in the periphery. So your own idea is to start churning out figures and then modify it tomorrow. My friend we don't always have to be stampeded into action simply because some foreign countries told you so.....more so SA. Allow govt do its investigation and until then I don't expect any hasty figures or criminalisation of anybody
Didn't you read where I said allowance was made for unknown victims? Yes, they estimated the number - that's doing something. Joshua, on the other hand, has refused to disclose his guest list and the government is doing nothing about it - these are the people you want to trust.

During the activities marking 9-11 anniversary the NAMES of all known victims are read out. Pity you didn't know that.
Re: Blood On Their Hands- The Times Magazine by joseph1832(m): 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
I get tired and ask myself this question: What kind of country are we living in?. If it was a Lagos landlord whose building collapsed I believe he will be in custody of the police and the Lagos state government would have taken some kind of action against him. Now why is this man T.B Joshua being visited by the president? His building collapsed so? Is his building the only building to have ever collapsed?. From 2013 to this present time I believe building would have collapse in some part of the federation, why didn't the president visit any of the site? Is it because its a so called man of God that's why the president visited.... Once upon a time in Nigeria there was the issue of flooding, what happened to those who were displaced, lost properties and more importantly, lost loved ones?. To me: This visit is a sham and it reeks of falsehood and also like the president only visited as a means to foster his 2015 re-election: we shouldn't forget many christians are fools and would do whatever their pastors tell them. The sooner why start asking the right questions the better we our children in this land called Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gani Fawehinmi NCP Party vs APC Party barawo Ahmed Tinubuwal Who Is A Thief / Amazing!! Popular Nollywood Actor, Fadeyi Oloro Campaign For Buhari (photo) / BUHARI’S CERTIFICATE:HOW FANI-KAYODE “FORGED” MY FRIEND’S EMAIL,BY SURAJ OYEWALE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.