Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket (29602 Views)

PDP Zones 2019 Presidential Ticket To North / Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference / Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by agabusta: 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Osho Baba! This guy in the race will give a lot of people headache.

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by Pavore9: 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Na so?
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by JUHABACH: 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
as much as i luv oshiomole, i dont see jim getting the ticket tbh
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by boombay(m): 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2014

m

THIS LAND IS FOR SALE!..
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by complete1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Now they are talking! If oshiomhole picks a ticket I will vote for him.I repeat I don't do parties,I do individuals and oshiomhole is the man.not buhari or the rest!!!

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by jojoki: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
I expected Fashola also to declear his intension, we Nigerians should think beyond ethnic or religion and suppord tested credibule candidates like Osho and Fash. This country really need a positive change. God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by chimerase2: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Him tink say na play dey come play undecided
Well he is de best candidate among dos northerners
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by nickxtra(m): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Wonderful! Just imagine what headache Oshiomole/Tambuwal candidature will cause my PDP? I dey watch sha

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by Baawaa(m): 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Buhari and Oshiomole grin grin grin grin
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by HouseOfBalloons(f): 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
This is a good idea, at least he's popular with. The masses. The major reason people vote for Jonathan is cos There's no better option.

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by tinkinjow: 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
A wish in a deeamland.

At this point in time an oshiomole as APC's standard bearer means the end of the pretence that there's an opposition.
For those who care to know, let it be known that Jonathan is returning unopposed.
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by ayusco85(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mention: In his widest dreams!
Wait a minute... Am I FTC?
Oh yeah!!
I remembered I first appeared on FP on a sunday and since then I have always been relegated to STC and TTC..
But on another sunday, My lost glory z back...
I see a Glorious Week ahead!

Smh for u. What's in FTC?
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by EverestdeBliu(m): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
APC....time wasters!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by moneyhungry(m): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
bright007: .... Space bookers association of nairaland
I didn't book space, I just secured my spot.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
Buhari/Oshiomole ticket will make more sense and unsettle d pdp.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by 1stola: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
#Go and die- jorojarajoro grin

1 Like

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
How? This goan die man take better than behaviour? None of the above is better jere we need youth like U or any female pls

kennygee: Better than Buhari if u ask me.
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by chiboyD: 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
ruggedboy01: •Number of aspirants increase as Buhari, Atiku,
Okorocha, Kwankwaso, Saraki battle for slot
GOVERNOR Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State is
warming up to join the 2015 presidential race.
He is expected to slug it out with former Vice-
President Atiku Abubakar, Senator Bukola Saraki,
Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano), and Governor
Rochas Okorocha (Imo) as well as former military
Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari for the
ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Gen. Buhari and Senator Bukola Saraki, are yet to
officially declare their interest in the contest.
More members of the party may show interest in due
course, according to party sources.
Governor Oshiomhole, it was gathered, has already
completed consultations at home and abroad on his
aspiration.
He was in the United Kingdom and the United States
of America (USA) recently as part of the
consultations.
He is said to have received encouragement to join
the race from friends, including foreigners who have
followed his switch from labour to politics and
governance.
His backers are convinced that Oshiomhole stands a
good chance of making it to Aso Rock Villa since the
PDP has conceded its own ticket slot to President
Goodluck Jonathan from the Southsouth.
They are of the view that the choice of Oshiomhole
might serve as a counter-balancing force to Jonathan
in the zone should the APC concede the slot to the
Southsouth.
But there is a snag: the recent election of Chief John
Odigie-Oyegun from the same zone as the party’s
National Chairman.
A source familiar with the development said
Oshiomhole has been “looking at the larger picture
and not geopolitical calculation.”
“The comrade governor, is considering the need for a
leader to salvage the nation rather than any other
calculation,” the source said.
“This is why he has been meeting with leaders at
home and abroad on his aspiration and how to
rescue the nation. He has concluded consultations
and he is of the strong opinion that he should vie for
the office.
“The governor is interested in the presidential race.
He will make his intention known soon. As a former
labour leader, he believes he has a bigger
constituency to lead the APC to victory in 2015 if he
gets the ticket.
“The governor will make a declaration as soon as the
APC releases the guidelines in line with INEC’s
timetable.”
The governor’s Special Adviser on Media, Prince
Kassim Afegbua, confirmed the interest of his boss in
the Presidency.
He said: “This has always been our interest because
some of us would not want the Comrade Governor to
squander his enormous political capital across the
country without giving a shot at the highest office in
the land. He has tremendous courage, brilliance and
capacity to contend with developmental issues in the
country; ingredients that are presently needed to
provide problem-solving leadership at the center.
“Give it to this great former Labour leader that he is
one Nigerian who believes so much in the unity of
the country and is ready to go to any length to
preserve that unity.
“Nigerians need a leader like Comrade Oshiomhole
at this time to galvanize all the centrifugal and
centripetal forces into a national aspiration to lift the
country from its present prostrate state to some kind
of Olympian height in a clear headed attempt to earn
our cherished position amongst nations of the
world.”
He added, “He will wait for the party to blow the
whistle but he will test his presidential participation
through the primaries. It will be our hope that the
members of the APC consider him worthy of this
noble cause in the build-up to the 2015 elections. To
answer your question, yes, he will contest.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/2015-oshiomhole-to-vie-for-apc-presidential-ticket/

If this is anything to go by,then disunity is being brewed,a divison,possibly a new party!

Nigerian politics, so dramatic
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by Chinom(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hahahaha.... i laughed out loud just reading the heading of this thead. I did not have to read the entire story. APC, please give Oshomhole the ticket.

That will mean a landslide victory for GEJ. Osho baba will be lucky to win Edo state sef...

APC...very funny people. They are totally clueless now.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by MillionDollars: 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
bright007: .... Space bookers association of nairaland
you and who??
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by Foxie: 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
That's if APC decides to let him have the presidential ticket.
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by Mention(m): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
ayusco85:

Smh for u. What's in FTC?
Idk... You Educate me...
Out of 1242299 members in an active forum like NL, you make the first comment on a particular topic out of 1648863 topics that finally gets to the FP and you say there z nothing there?? Think again..
Many peeps would go the extra mile to be in my position

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by CyberWolf: 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
I thought APC zoned it's presidential slot to North
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by zolajpower: 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
Adams instead of telling me to go and die I had better give my vote to d pig rather than waist it. or have u forgotten?
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by Acecube(m): 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
all this pdp e-warriors ranting about jona till 2019 should go and ask their master$.. if oshiomhole candidature wont give them cardiac arrest. Oshiomhole will floor jonathan in any category you want to grade them on-

is it charisma √
is it decision making √
is it fearlessness √
is it marketability √ e.t.c

If there is even a Presidential debate should Oshiomhole gets the candidacy Jonathan should just be absent when Oshiomhole is present. He will devour the otuoke man.
when he enters all this whole international shyness Jonathan is exhibiting will stop, Oshiomhole will give speeches without the use of paper.
Oshiomhole is a well recognised stubborn man as he showed in NLC.. he would fish out those cabals responsible for sponsoring bh... abeg make i stop here

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by tempest01(m): 12:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
This would be a big counter

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by Hamazz1: 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
he s a man of honor n among d few incorruptible nigerian politicians...we pray 4 better leadership n governance weather it b frm apc or pdp...

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
gift01: This week, I wish all Nairalanders the Best life has to offer to you. May all your reasonable pursuits be fruitful. Have a blast this week. May death not knock on our doors. Enjoy September as it winds down. Thanks
same to you bro!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by orobs93(m): 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
Oba gha do kpe eh!
If nor be say u be AFEMAI...e go had oh.
Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by Johnayoola(m): 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
I VE NO SHOE...SO WHAT GO N DIE

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket by mployer(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
Quietly waiting for Fashola to declare interest. Wouldn't mind joining APC just to vote him in during the primaries.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Murray-Bruce: Let Us Try To Rescue Our Economy, After Tomorrow's Judgement / Police Arrest Ekiti APC Leader, Others For Robbery / President GEJ Visit To Alaafin's Palace In Oyo Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.