Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu (38241 Views)

Awolowo's Strategy Is The Only Way To End Bokoharam Insurgency / Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC / “jonathan’s Government Was totally Unprepared For Bokoharam Insurgency” – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
redsun:

You are talking as if they are there for the people.They are their to line their pockets dubiously as always,we all know that,except those that are deceiving themselves or those making a kill from the roguery called nigerian politics.

Can somebody remind the house how much the dormant federal law makers take home as wages for doing nothing on monthly basis again.
here lies the question of "Sincerity".
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: first there must be sincerity from the government. The political will must be there. There must be absolute open investigation of all aforementioned suspects. All military funds and equipment must be investigated to the latter. The government must also stop divisionary politics and governance. Then we all can talk....

Not forgeting that there must be free and fair polls grin

A free and fair polls where GEJ wins or loses is no recipe to political stability in the present day Nigeria.

What I see is the rise in political antagonism by supporters of the lost candidate.

The problem we have is the fast diminishing minority Independents/undecided. Most Nigerians have already taken position hence our problem is deepening as the day breaks.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by ceejay80s(m): 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
sademola:
Govt of National Unity, GNU not GUN
what are u trying to say now? so u dey call me itiboribo/olodo ?
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by redsun(m): 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: here lies the question of "Sincerity".

They always think they can eat their cakes and have.And the worse of all is that nigerians are easily fooled,they still follows and votes for the old thieves that are destroying their lives.Even atiku is campaigning for presidency at the moment,yet he is known prolific thief.What can he do for the people apart from looting their coffers with his cronies like they did before when he was the vice president.How did he become so rich to be owning an international university and mansions in all the high brow streets of the world in such a short period? Nobody is asking.

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Rapture4real(m): 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
In Conflict Resolution, you cannot resolve a conflict if the two warring parties do not state the cause. The rationale behind Book Haram is to islamise Nigeria.So there is nothing to resolve when the other party makes a demand that is anti-human, antisocial and anti-reason. If they bury their hatchet is for a while. The reason why the Niger Delta militancy was resolved thru amnesty was because they had a just cause. Book Haram and its sponsors know what they are doing. They have ulterior motive. They believe that al-jihad as one of the tenets of Islam must be employed to impose Islamic state. This is the reason why dialogue will not work. Their sponsors will advise government diplomatically to the advantage of the boko haram. The war that is very difficult to win is if you have enemy within among the supposed friends. It will take God's grace. That was the reason why the philistines refused David to join them to fight Israel I Samuel 29:3-10.But God will fight for us. God bless you.Rapture4real.

2 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by akinsadeez(m): 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
1. How can govt address ALL the anger in the society. Seems like a simply impossible task. Anger can't be quantified so how will we know when all d anger has been addressed. also anger is a subjective feeling. What is making me angry might be trivial to someone else and might not even be sensible or related to d govt at all.

2. How can you engage leaders to stop boko haram when some of dem are actually d sponsors or at d very least benefitting immensely from the activities of boko haram.

3. How will the investigation of boko haram links to al Qaeda help us or stop the insurgents
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Kagarko(m): 7:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: Ngakwe, Government of National UÑity won't work. It neverk worked in Kenya and Zimbabwe, Yar adua tried it but it was doisastrous as it was aimed at killing opposition. Beside, BH is not a creation of APC, I don't see the basis of GNU here except you want to tell us that you hold the propaganda of APC is boko(which is warped and defied all manner of intelligence and common sense).

I agree with Tinubu but in addition, we need to change the Military Chiefs and bring in New Blood, motivate the solders on the war theatre and also carry out an open investigation. Whether we like it or not, we must solve it from the root.
The government should also desist from the blame game!!!!

Happy Sunday bros

That blame game is my major problem with the govt. Imagine Olisa Metuh saying that Elrufai Buhari and the APC chieftrains are sponsors of Boko Haram . Its quiet unfortunate.

Now the reality is gradually unwinding by
1 Jet/money /arm/israelis
2 Rev. Davies revelations .
Thank God our prayers are gradually been answered
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

A free and fair polls where GEJ wins or loses is no recipe to political stability in the present day Nigeria.

What I see is the rise in political antagonism by supporters of the lost candidate.

The problem we have is the fast diminishing minority Independents/undecided. Most Nigerians have already taken position hence our problem is deepening as the day breaks.
Ngwakwe whether we like it or not, a "rigged" election is an invitation to anarchy and it is worse than terrorism. Jonathan have no option but a Free and Fair poll.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
U Dnt say
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
berem: The bold comment makes a lot of sense. Its so worrisome that Jonathan led pdp government does see it that way. The have seen APC as their enemies and have often accused the party of being boko haram sympathizers. I don't think APC will reject if being called to be part of the PDP led FG in decision making.
With APC disposition to the FG and National issues, will you consider them friends if you were in Jonathan' shoes?
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
The Point he raised doesn't point a finger to the president as being the sole leader who should solve this Problem, if he is so keen on finding solutions, why not do some campaign to boost his Ideas and make every leader in Nigeria adopt his Idea to curb this problem once and for all since it is a Nigeria Problem and not that of The President alone.

In Nigeria, i have come to understand that once you are not the President, It is not your duty to solve or bring solutions to problems but Rather it becomes their DUTY to criticize the one person (The President) who is trying his best to bring the said situation under control.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by udemzyudex(m): 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
Easier said than done..
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
redsun:

They always think they can eat their cakes and have.And the worse of all is that nigerians are easily fooled,they still follows and votes for the old thieves that are destroying their lives.Even atiku is campaigning for presidency at the moment,yet he is known prolific thief.What can he do for the people apart from looting their coffers with his cronies like they did before when he was the vice president.How did he become so rich to be owning an international university and mansions in all the high brow streets of the world in such a short period? Nobody is asking.
it is a shame that such person like Atiku is working a free man.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by reedonne: 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
akinsadeez: 1. How can govt address ALL the anger in the society. Seems like a simply impossible task. Anger can't be quantified so how will we know when all d anger has been addressed. also anger is a subjective feeling. What is making me angry might be trivial to someone else and might not even be sensible or related to d govt at all.

2. How can you engage leaders to stop boko haram when some of dem are actually d sponsors or at d very least benefitting immensely from the activities of boko haram.

3. How will the investigation of boko haram links to al Qaeda help us or stop the insurgents
1) Anger cannot be erased but a goverment can create a sense of reliability for its people. When this happen, the anger in the society will reduce.
The goverment must ensure that the people feel that they are doing enough through transparency and good information channel (Ministry of Information, NOA, NTA, FRCN etc)
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by anonimi: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: it is a shame that such person like Atiku is working a free man.

He is WALKing a free man because as an Arewa People's Congress, APC member he is NOT corrupt.
According to egift ONLY those still in PDP are corrupt =>

egift: For those supporting the Government of National Unity (normally it should work), but doing so under the corruption of PDP is where the problem lies. Even when Yar'Adua tried, they still wanted everyone to join PDP.

I guess you are saying that STATE governors & LGA Chairmen etc on the platform of APC are not corrupt. Is that what you are really saying
Please confirm. Thanks.

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/1913462/shortest-route-solving-bokoharam-insurgency/1#26496087

QED!
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by gratiaeo(m): 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
beopened:

I was just preparing to fire a response against the Government of National Unity suggestion by Ngwakwe before i read your comment

GMB must never have anything to do with the PDP Government that has done all it could to destroy him with wicked lies and terrible propaganda

If ever they respect him for his wealth of experience despite the fact that he is an opposition figure,they wouldnt have engaged in acidic and divisive politicking whose effect will take another generation to clear

It was the same lie they sold to Ribadu to come and serve whereas we know it is a ploy to destroy his credibility.......i wonder how the dude will be feeling now with all the sordid news consistently coming out of PDP

The PDP have never been a sincere party and their style is reminiscence of the IBB days wherein he invited almost everyone to 'come and chop' and those who refused to do so were either killed or run out of town

Buhari has gone through fire to position himself as the bastion of incorruptibility in this sinful political landscape hence he must separate himself from amongst them

The fact that he accepted to serve the country via PTF Chairman with superlative results and his integrity still intact under Abacha is still being used by narrow-minded people against him

GEJ,his Govt and Party lacks credibility and opinion poll against them is at an all time low.......hence they are like Biblical Naaman the Leper whom sincere people must never have anything to do it under the guise of Government of National Unity
Stop mentioning Buhari (serial election loser) whenever we are discussing Nigeria future. He will/can never be Nigeria president again.

2 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
ProfCorruption:

What do you mean by unreasonable antagonism?

GNU, in today's Nigeria, is nothing but patronage. Conditions do not exist for such. However, GNU is useful where elections are hotly disputed and the legitimacy of the government is in question. GEJ won 2011, and as such, no need for GNU. It wasn't even a closely fought election. He had a landslide. He had a clear mandate to govern and proffer solutions to our problems. But largely, he has failed. Security has worsened, corruption is astronomical where reprobates are being rehabilitated and convicted criminal being pardoned.

Unreasonable Antagonism in the context of my submission is the refusal to a political party to support a policy decision put forward by another party notwithstanding the policy being contained in its manifesto.

Why should politicians and their supporters reject practically anything coming from the so-called other party?

This is the situation we are heading to if nothing is done to check this conflicting interests among our politicians.

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kagarko:

That blame game is my major problem with the govt. Imagine Olisa Metuh saying that Elrufai Buhari and the APC chieftrains are sponsors of Boko Haram . Its quiet unfortunate.

Now the reality is gradually unwinding by
1 Jet/money /arm/israelis
2 Rev. Davies revelations .
Thank God our prayers are gradually been answered
that is what I hate most-blame game.

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by sheniqua: 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
Quite a pity that Nigeria is such that every criminal crowned as King can come out and tell us what is good for us
Here is a man, drug baron and Toronto degree holder ,a man of questionable lineage that cleaned out his state treasury ,described by Ribadu of EFCC as a looter of unequaled proportions
A man that still robs the region blind telling Nigeria what to do ?
OBJ also had a blue print for boko haram

God is indeed a long suffering God

If it was up to me,the moment he opened that his ugly mouth to give advice would be the last time he breathed

2 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
anonimi:

He is WALKing a free because as an Arewa People's Congress, APC member he is NOT corrupt.
According to egift ONLY those still in PDP are corrupt =>

QED!
who is to prosecute him?

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by sheniqua: 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
What did he do about the millions of destitute he left in Lagos state
The next boko haram ?
Someone who couldn't manage a state is giving advise on how to manage a country
This is the same character that condemned the military from moving into the area,condemned declaration of state of independence,advocated amnesty for boko haram.

If Nigeria was a decent nation,people like Tinubu would have been locked up and eating watery beans in jail for the rest of their lives

2 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by TempleChinedum(m): 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
In other words;
By 2015 GEJ will be the president of Federal Rep.of Nigeria...

Gen. M. Buhari, will be the president of Northern Nigeria and Tinubu capone of the west baa?

Its been along time, I rolled on the floor laughing!

I'm still wondering what will happen in this country if this desperate General becomes the president !
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: Ngwakwe whether we like it or not, a "rigged" election is an invitation to anarchy and it is worse than terrorism. Jonathan have no option but a Free and Fair poll.

Do you agree that Goodluck Jonathan won 2011 election?

Do you agree he is doing his best to ensure free and fair elections in Nigeria?

As I said before, I repeat, if GEJ wins a second term in a free and fair election come Feb 14th, 2015, the political climate will still be unbearable as there is no end in sight to the voice of vocal minority who may have a legitimate concerns but should ensure how they choose to meet those concerns does not hamper the entire system.

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by lormarx: 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

www.freedomafric.com/politics/shortest-route-solving-bokoharam-insurgency-nigeria-ahmed-tinubu-t1471.html

What's you opinion on his formula
Am happy that what the IGBO race complained more than 40 years ago is echoing again. If the easterner died in millions to be force into Nigeria,then let the average person from the north put it in mind that in NIGERIA we stand
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by nikkyyoyo(f): 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
The man is on point, if all these outline shuld luk into, there will be no boko for haram.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by justitiaomnibus(m): 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
Rubbish... Insignificant rubbish...
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by anonimi: 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: who is to prosecute him?

Who will JUDGE him if/when prosecuted?
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by arresa: 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
anonimi:

Who will JUDGE him if/when prosecuted?

Are you saying your GEJ appointed judges are incompetent or this is just another excuse to justify GEJ's laziness and incompetence.?
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by gratiaeo(m): 8:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
Our problems are old politicians who think Nigeria is their personal property. Not that they performed well while they ruled, yet they see Nigeria as a their property that they can bounce on any time they like and loot the treasury to their satisfaction.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by cuteboy2: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lamour1: Apparently, he raised good points but i still see those solutions as something we must all come together to achieve irrespective of tribe, party affiliation etc.

Northerners has to go back to drawing board and sort out so many issues. Many Yorubas and igbos and other tribes engage themselves in one handwork or the other in other to make ends meet thats if their parents are not buoyant enough to sent them to school.
But up North, the reverse is the case. A gateman that makes 10k in one month ends up having four wives with minimum of 20 children with many of them as Almajiris.
I still believe that these boko boys are products of almajiri system. North should find a way to abolish that system but of course their political class use their acclaimed population for political purposes. Now the population of untrained children with not home training and lack of respect for elders has ended up hurting and hunting the north.
North is hunting and hurting the North period.

Please I would like Muslims and those who are well grounded in the Hadith and Sura to educate us. Are we practising a different kind of Islam in Nigeria?

Why is Almajiri not practiced in Indonesia (a country with the largest population of Muslims), Malaysia, Pakistan, UAE(Dubai), etc. I leave out Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and other wealthy Gulf states because some people will say they are too rich.

On the other hand, we have hundreds of stupendously rich Nigerian northerners who could afford to build schools and hospitals in every village in their home states. But they will never lift a finger to do anything. They only give food handouts during Salah and Muslim holidays.

Let someone ask rich northern elites like Mai Deribe, Atiku Abubakar, Indimi, Dantata, Ibrahim Babangida and thousands of others: What have they done to lift their people from poverty and ignorance? Aliko Dangote tries to give huge chunks of money to his home state Kano when natural disasters like floods strike, but we need a restructuring of the religious system that deliberately keeps the masses under poverty and ignorance.

Many states in the South like Ekiti are poorer than states like Kano or Kaduna, yet you don't see hoards of children roaming the streets begging.

What brand of Islam are they practising in the North?
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Do you agree that Goodluck Jonathan won 2011 election?

Do you agree he is doing his best to ensure free and fair elections in Nigeria?

As I said before, I repeat, if GEJ wins a second term in a free and fair election come Feb 14th, 2015, the political climate will still be unbearable as there is no end in sight to the voice of vocal minority who may have a legitimate concerns but should ensure how they choose to meet those concerns does not hamper the entire system.
I don't think so. The security situation as at now is not a resultant effect of 2011 polls. It is due to the inefficiency of the Jonathan led government to do what is right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"The Other Room" Trends On Twitter. Nse Ikpe Etim Joins / APC Replies Davido, Calls Him A "Political Novice" / Governor Wike And His Team Arrive New York City In Style Ahead Of Award. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.